PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor placed in Skins' Ring of Fame

brakos82
11-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Announced one last time as the "starting free safety" for the Washington Redskins, Sean Taylor was inducted into the team's Ring of Fame before Sunday's game against the New York Giants. With his mother, father, girlfriend and daughter huddled under umbrellas near the center of the field, Taylor's name was unveiled on the upper-level facade of FedEx Field, joining 42 other Redskins greats. After the ceremony, the public address announcer said: "Starting at free safety for your Washington Redskins, No. 21, Sean Taylor."

Source: NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ce861d&template=without-video&confirm=true)

Hervoyel
12-01-2008, 12:11 PM
No comment.

Goldensilence
12-01-2008, 12:13 PM
No comment.

I've wanted to as well but will refrain.

Blake
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Sooo play good for 2-3 years for the Redskins, get yourself killed by having shady dealings, and you get into the Redskins Ring of Fame?

I wonder what other Ring of Fame members think about this...

Vinny
12-01-2008, 01:00 PM
He was a game changing player....a HOF level FS, and probably the best FS I've seen in the last 20 years....I'm good with this.

bah007
12-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Sooo play good for 2-3 years for the Redskins, get yourself killed by having shady dealings, and you get into the Redskins Ring of Fame?

Ugh.

StarStruck
12-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Another Cowboys fan who thinks that it's a good tribute to someone who would have probably been placed in the ROF if he had lived.

disaacks3
12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
It's THEIR "Ring of Fame" and they can do what they want with it.

With this 'appointment', they confirm it's definitely NOT some sort of lifetime-achievement award.

GlassHalfFull
12-01-2008, 01:18 PM

First impressions suck. I remember telling people not to jump to conclusions about this when it happened. Now people just remember the initial rumors and not the facts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Taylor

RIP Sean and I think it was a fitting tribute.

eriadoc
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
It's THEIR "Ring of Fame" and they can do what they want with it.

With this 'appointment', they confirm it's definitely NOT some sort of lifetime-achievement award.

Yep. He didn't do it long enough by any standard to be in the HoF or any construct modeled after it, but if they're content with their Ring of Fame having him in it, then more power to 'em.

He would have probably been in it and maybe the HoF if he'd lived.

gtexan02
12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
The only lasting memory of him I have is that nasty hit he laid into Brian Moorman at the probowl.

More power to a guy who plays 100% no matter the circumstance

Hookem Horns
12-01-2008, 03:15 PM
It's the Redskins Ring of Fame not the NFL Hall of Fame. They can put in there whomever they choose for whatever reason. Who are we to judge?

I'm not a Redskins fan so could care less.

BTW, I thought some guys broke into his home thinking he wouldn't be there. Where does the "shady dealings" come in there?

bah007
12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
BTW, I thought some guys broke into his home thinking he wouldn't be there.

Yes.

Where does the "shady dealings" come in there?

No clue why that was said earlier. Probably just misinformed about the incident.

Carr Bombed
12-01-2008, 04:09 PM
He was a game changing player....a HOF level FS, and probably the best FS I've seen in the last 20 years....I'm good with this.

Steve Atwater was my alltime favorite safety......Sean Taylor was a more athletic Steve Atwater, he was definitely HOF talent.

bah007
12-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Steve Atwater was my alltime favorite safety..........Sean Taylor was a more athletic Steve Atwater, he was definitely HOF talent.

Good choice. Mine as well.

I also liked Darren Woodson.