PDA

View Full Version : Romeo Crennel for DC?

Silver Oak
11-25-2008, 02:01 PM
with Bill Cowher's name popping up more frequently in the rumor mill as Romeo's replacement, would Crennel be a good fit here? he was wildly succesful in NE so he has some talents we could certainly use.

maybe he's one of those coachs that is a good assistant, but just doesn't have what it takes to be a good HC...or maybe he didn't have a good GM in Cleveland (Phil "I'll F-bomb text ya" Savage) to help him along?

either way, IMO, he's a good one to keep in mind as we hopefully begin our search for a new DC after the season.

mexican_texan
11-25-2008, 02:03 PM
What makes him a great DC? Didn't Belichick run the defense? I'd rather get whoever's coaching the Cardinals' DBs.

noxiousdog
11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
I'd totally be down for Crennel as a DC. You've got to get someone from either Parcell's tree or Bellichik's.

Mr. White
11-25-2008, 02:19 PM
It'd never happen. Crennel's a 3-4 guy.

TheRealJoker
11-25-2008, 02:20 PM
I'd totally be down for Crennel as a DC. You've got to get someone from either Parcell's tree or Bellichik's.

Anyone from Bellichek's tree falls into Parcell's tree since Bellichek was a Parcells padewan.

noxiousdog
11-25-2008, 02:21 PM
It'd never happen. Crennel's a 3-4 guy.

He (and Bellichick) run a hybrid scheme. It's base 3-4 more often than not, but they'll often bring in a big linebacker as a down lineman.

noxiousdog
11-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Anyone from Bellichek's tree falls into Parcell's tree since Bellichek was a Parcells padewan.

True. And a good tree it is.

gtexan02
11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I want the Giants DL coach and NO ONE ELSE. That guy has the exact same defense we have and has worked miracles with whoever he's been given. That DL Is diruptive as hell

Ckw
11-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I want the Giants DL coach and NO ONE ELSE. That guy has the exact same defense we have and has worked miracles with whoever he's been given. That DL Is diruptive as hell

Agreed.

TexanSam
11-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Mike Nolan.

Corrosion
11-25-2008, 10:12 PM

I dont care what tree they fall from ..... as long as they are productive and creative with their scheme .

I'll pass on Romeo .... The Browns are NEVER prepared to play on gameday .... If he cant get them prepared why would he do any better here ?
That defense we saw Sunday was neither creative nor productive.

I've watched the Gaints a few times this season and they just confuse the **** out of people .... I'm not sold on the fact that their DL coach could construct an entire defense but he sure does a hell of a job with that DL. They move people around a lot and create situations where OL dont know what their assignments are. I've also seen them move DE's inside to use some line stunts that again seem to confuse the OL.

johndoe
11-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Rod Marinelli. Kubiak get it done!!!

leebigeztx
11-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Rod Marinelli. Kubiak get it done!!!

Looking at the players here already with Okoye,williams, adibi,ryans,robinson,bennett,and wilson, I think his 1 gap 2 deep ill be perfect. Okoye as a 1 gap and Mario coming straight upfield along wiith adibi as a run and it guy with ryans. Bennett and daunte as physical tackling corners, he would be a perfect fit.

noxiousdog
11-26-2008, 09:00 AM
I dont care what tree they fall from ..... as long as they are productive and creative with their scheme .

I don't care per se, but it's hard to ignore the fact that coaches that have worked for Bill Parcells seem to have a much higher success rate than those that haven't.

I'll pass on Romeo .... The Browns are NEVER prepared to play on gameday .... If he cant get them prepared why would he do any better here ?
That defense we saw Sunday was neither creative nor productive.

They were in New England when he was DC.

I've watched the Gaints a few times this season and they just confuse the **** out of people .... I'm not sold on the fact that their DL coach could construct an entire defense but he sure does a hell of a job with that DL. They move people around a lot and create situations where OL dont know what their assignments are. I've also seen them move DE's inside to use some line stunts that again seem to confuse the OL.

What makes you think that's the line coach and not the DC scheme?

Specnatz
11-26-2008, 09:47 AM
What makes you think that's the line coach and not the DC scheme?

Really? Do you think so?

Hence you hire one of his pupils hoping that it translates from position coach to coordinator.

noxiousdog
11-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Really? Do you think so?

Hence you hire one of his pupils hoping that it translates from position coach to coordinator.

I don't have any idea. I've never interviewed, nor read an interview with either of them. I was curious if people had more insight that just assuming it was the DLine coach.

Joe Texan
11-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Maybe we can do a reverse of the Browns chant and chant Romeo for DC to The coach this monday night. That might get the message to Rick across.

CloakNNNdagger
11-27-2008, 03:29 PM

And "large coconuts" do not fall far from the tree...........

Drew_Smoke
11-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Romeo just signed an extension. He ain't doing anything but collecting checks.

Norg
11-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Romeo just signed an extension. He ain't doing anything but collecting checks.

and collecting food from the looks of him ...........

how do i get into that line of biz nass of collecting checks