PDA

View Full Version : Is Jacoby a "Mama's Boy"?

brakos82
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Mrs. Jones is at the game in Cleveland... seems to be a pattern going on... :thinking:

hot pickle
11-23-2008, 02:14 PM
i remember before he was drafted i was listening to nfl radio on sirius and they asked him how he would keep himself out of trouble in the nfl and he said if he would ever do anything bad his momma would whoop his butt.. lol.. wanted him to be a texan ever since

StarStruck
11-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Just curious. Is it a negative for a parent to attend their child's games? I know for fact that Adrian Peterson's mother is present at most of his games in Minnesota, and she lives in the Woodlands.

bah007
11-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Just curious. Is it a negative for a parent to attend their child's games? I know for fact that Adrian Peterson's mother is present at most of his games in Minnesota, and she lives in the Woodlands.

I think it's great.

She should be proud of her boy.....as long as he stops fumbling.

GlassHalfFull
11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
I promise you that if either of my boys played in the NFL (or any other league, for that matter) I would be at every game.

Dan B.
11-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Dunno if you guys recall Zach Wiegert (granted it was just last year so it's not like we are talking the Oiler era or anything), but he used to fly his dad from Nebraska to every game. They would eat at my restaurant after every home game. His dad had never missed a single game of his since PeeWee, and drove himself to road games in the Big XII. Zach would fly the whole family in two or three times a year, and would fly his mother out with dad to a few of the better road games. Great people.

Nothing wrong with being a mama's boy or daddy's boy, IMHO.

StarStruck
11-23-2008, 02:43 PM
I promise you that if either of my boys played in the NFL (or any other league, for that matter) I would be at every game.

Me, too. Seems logical if I were to pay into the thousands to see another person's son play, I would certainly be there to support my own.

Norg
11-23-2008, 03:10 PM
GOts to love your MOMMA

i love mine .......... :fans:

Showtime100
11-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Mrs. Jones is at the game in Cleveland... seems to be a pattern going on... :thinking:

Lemme guess brakos, bottle-fed right? :specnatz: j/k

SheTexan
11-23-2008, 03:34 PM
You can bet your last paycheck I'd be at my grandsons games, IF he played in the NFL! Not saying I'd pull for the team he might play for, esp if it was the meatballs or girls, but, I'd be there for him!!

Texan JBZ
11-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Nothing wrong with being a Mama's Boy. Hell, I got "Mama's Boy" tattoed over my heart! Love my mama. If I was in the NFL she would be at every game too.

Corrosion
11-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Better his momma than some cheap tramp lookin for a meal ticket ....

TimeKiller
11-24-2008, 07:47 AM
I think it's great.

She should be proud of her boy.....as long as he stops fumbling.

When was the last time he fumbled? Was that before or after his 2 70 yard punt returns? Play nice...

Corrosion
11-24-2008, 08:31 AM
When was the last time he fumbled? Was that before or after his 2 70 yard punt returns? Play nice...

Yesterday.

Boris
11-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Mamathon clip from "Primary Colours"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDjbPXvrCP0

El Tejano
11-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Nothing wrong with being a mama's boy or daddy's boy, IMHO.

You not married are you?

MannyFresh
11-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey I'd fly my mom to my games if I had the privilege to play football. Moms especially the ones raising kids on their own deserve perks like that if they're kids can afford to do it. More power to Jacoby, he knows what his mom went through to raise him and he's showing his appreciation. Props to Jacoby being a good son.

HOU-TEX
11-24-2008, 02:22 PM
I suppose I'm a "Mama's Boy" too.

I reckon my definition of a Mama's boy is different. When I think Mama's boy I think of a wimpy kid who might seem a little on the ghey side.

IMO, a pro football player wouldn't really be considered a Mama's boy. Now if he is replacing his Gatorade every game with his Mama's breast milk, then I'd call Mama's boy. LOL

Buffi2
11-24-2008, 03:51 PM
I'd have been at my kid's game - or my grandkids. Heck - I never missed a soccer game through my son's college years and I'm not even a real soccer fan.

mussop
11-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Better his momma than some cheap tramp lookin for a meal ticket ....

So who was she? YOu can tell us were youre friends.:)