PDA

View Full Version : Adibi set to start

Killer Bee
11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Adibi missed some tackles but still lead the team against the Colts. This could spell the end for Greenwood if the rookie keeps it up. Nobody pays 6 million dollars for backup players. The defense just got younger.

mussop
11-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Thank god. I liked Adibi so much I started a thread about trading down and taking him in the first round. I still believe he will be special. He could be the next piece to the getting pressure on the QB puzzle. This gives me reason to watch the next game with some excitement. Sure would be nice to have the OLB position wrapped up going into the offseason. My money is on Adibi doing just that.

Killer Bee
11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Here's the link

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?STORY_ID=4899

BigBull17
11-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Thank god. I liked Adibi so much I started a thread about trading down and taking him in the first round. I still believe he will be special. He could be the next piece to the getting pressure on the QB puzzle. This gives me reason to watch the next game with some excitement. Sure would be nice to have the OLB position wrapped up going into the offseason. My money is on Adibi doing just that.

We have a long way to go to get our LB situation taken care of.

Big Lou
11-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I didn't get to see the game, I had to listen to it on Sirius.

If he led the team in tackles thats pretty impressive unless they were targeting him as a rookie.

Can anyone tell how him did on the run versus the pass. Also I thought I heard he was close to making some impressive plays like tackles for a loss, but was just one step late.

Does it seem like as soon as he adjusts to the speed of the game that he can be a stud?

I still think we need a stud in the draft. One of our two young LB's could offer competition for the third spot.

buddyboy
11-20-2008, 01:56 AM
I didn't get to see the game, I had to listen to it on Sirius.

If he led the team in tackles thats pretty impressive unless they were targeting him as a rookie.

Can anyone tell how him did on the run versus the pass. Also I thought I heard he was close to making some impressive plays like tackles for a loss, but was just one step late.

Does it seem like as soon as he adjusts to the speed of the game that he can be a stud?

I still think we need a stud in the draft. One of our two young LB's could offer competition for the third spot.

Hmmm, I was all for getting a stud linebacker, but who to replace? Diles and Adibi are still very young and have just started getting reps this year. Diles hasn't looked bad at all so far, and jury is still out on Adibi. I guess I'll wait till the end of the year to make my own opinion on whether we need to burn a early draft pick on a linebacker.

BigBull17
11-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Hmmm, I was all for getting a stud linebacker, but who to replace? Diles and Adibi are still very young and have just started getting reps this year. Diles hasn't looked bad at all so far, and jury is still out on Adibi. I guess I'll wait till the end of the year to make my own opinion on whether we need to burn a early draft pick on a linebacker.

No postion outside of Mario should be untouchable. Demeco is great, but he could be moved outside and I wouldnt ***** too much. Id be upset that they didnt get Willis to mopve him like they should have, but oh well. Diles is good, but he really shouldnt be your starter. He should be quality depth and special teams captain.

Jackie Chiles
11-20-2008, 12:40 PM
No postion outside of Mario should be untouchable. Demeco is great, but he could be moved outside and I wouldnt ***** too much. Id be upset that they didnt get Willis to mopve him like they should have, but oh well. Diles is good, but he really shouldnt be your starter. He should be quality depth and special teams captain.

I often wonder if our team has the cajones to slide DeMeco to OLB though, even if it is best for the team. He seems entrenched at Mike as the defense's leader/playcaller. I agree that it would probably be beneficial if we can get our hands on another great Mike but I just think the team would look in another direction if they had the option.

Mr teX
11-20-2008, 02:10 PM
I often wonder if our team has the cajones to slide DeMeco to OLB though, even if it is best for the team. He seems entrenched at Mike as the defense's leader/playcaller. I agree that it would probably be beneficial if we can get our hands on another great Mike but I just think the team would look in another direction if they had the option.

u mean like this guy.....He should be around by the time we pick...If Kubes & co. pass on him, i'll start calling for his head immediately..
http://images.athlonsports.com/d/10937-1/USC_MaualugsR.jpg

TimeKiller
11-20-2008, 03:29 PM

Why can't he call the plays from 10 ft. to the side?

wolf123
11-20-2008, 04:26 PM

Diles was playing great football and adibi looked terrific last game. I love the LB in the draft this year but If adibi keeps this up texan won't be going LB. I'd look for a massive Dt at some point to help out Ryans.

TheRealJoker
11-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Long term I think Adibi will be a great nickel backer for us. Unfortunately I think he's a bit too light to be an everydown backer for an entire season. I hope we draft/sign a quality LB as insurance for Diles or to compete with Adibi so we can shore up the LB core.

TimeKiller
11-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Diles was playing great football and adibi looked terrific last game. I love the LB in the draft this year but If adibi keeps this up texan won't be going LB. I'd look for a massive Dt at some point to help out Ryans.

You know, we have a guy who's a pretty big man...he happens to play DT...Frank Okam? We've already invested a pick and 6 plays into him, why not coach him up for a year or two before declaring him useless?

Why is Adibi to SS not even an option? Is his coverage not up to par?

HJam72
11-21-2008, 08:06 AM
You know, we have a guy who's a pretty big man...he happens to play DT...Frank Okam? We've already invested a pick and 6 plays into him, why not coach him up for a year or two before declaring him useless?

Why is Adibi to SS not even an option? Is his coverage not up to par?

Richard Smith: Well, actually Adibi is too big and fast for that position. We don't want to put obviously superior players out there in the secondary like that, because it would be too obvious to our opponents. We have to think strategically. :mcnugget:

No, seriously, I have no idea.

TimeKiller
11-21-2008, 08:36 AM
He brings a lot of things we don't have at safety. I don't know if getting him to bulk up and sacrificing some speed or agility is the best answer for him. Seems to work for Demeco :rollseyes: but probably won't work for everybody.

Richard Smith: You can't just take a player and move him around, you have to have years of training to "get" my system. Mario! You're supposed to drop back on that play!! Now move to the other side!!!

BigBull17
11-21-2008, 10:17 AM

Diles was playing well, but he isnt a starting calibur LB, and he shouldnt be untouchable. He isnt that big, nor is he very athletic. Great back up, not so good a starter.

It will be intresting to see if they do this. It will be 3 years to late, but whatever. We took a 19 year old raw dt instead of a bonafied stud. We would have had one of the best LB corps in the NFL, instead we have a very average DT. It makes me sick.

b0ng
11-21-2008, 05:51 PM
u mean like this guy.....He should be around by the time we pick...If Kubes & co. pass on him, i'll start calling for his head immediately..

I know we all have our "guys" that we want, but seriously, go read posts about Rashard Mendenhall last year and how people screamed about him not getting picked at 18.

See how that turned out?