PDA

View Full Version : Schaub could be out 4 more weeks

TheRealJoker
11-17-2008, 08:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c962a3&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I guess we should thank Jared Allen for taking out the only QB on the roster that could've given us a shot at a respectable season.

drewmar74
11-17-2008, 08:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c962a3&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I guess we should thank Jared Allen for taking out the only QB on the roster that could've given us a shot at a respectable season.

GTFO.

*sigh*

Sooooo, what is the date on the draft?

Edit: There was a piece of me that was hoping for a rickroll. Schaub ain't all that but Matt > Rosencopter

TEXANRED
11-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Well the good news is there should be no more start Sage threads.

J-Russ
11-17-2008, 08:35 PM
I knew it.. Kubiak is in tank mode. He must have Stafford on his mind ;).

drewmar74
11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Well the good news is there should be no more start Sage threads.

And the bad news is that we'll just have Sage start for another 4 weeks. I'd rather have the threads. At least I can ignore those.

TEXANRED
11-17-2008, 08:37 PM
And the bad news is that we'll just have Sage start for another 4 weeks. I'd rather have the threads. At least I can ignore those.

Why is Marty showing his O face?

drewmar74
11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Why is Marty showing his O face?

He just found out that he's going to be the next Texans head coach. He's THAT excited.

ObsiWan
11-17-2008, 08:42 PM
He just found out that he's going to be the next Texans head coach. He's THAT excited.

Then that would be his "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" face

drewmar74
11-17-2008, 08:44 PM

No! He's happy!

Really happy!

*rocks in corner*

Really happy!

*weeps*

Texans Horror
11-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Not a big deal to me. 2a vs. 2b and all that. The worst part is that Kubes has ground to claim Matt needs another year of development.

TEXANRED
11-17-2008, 08:50 PM

This has to be the funniest thing I have ever read.

Wolf
11-17-2008, 08:54 PM
somehow it doesn't suprise me considering the Texans record on injuries and reporting them.. they seem to last longer maybe we need to get a hot tube of this water

http://www.film.tv.it/imgbank/DVD/cocoon.jpg

disaacks3
11-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Pardon me...I'm going to crawl off and weep now.

nero THE zero
11-17-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't see how this is suprising. The original report was, "at least 4 weeks, possibly the season."

When talking about the Texans, and especially Schaub, that's an obvious season ender.

Brando
11-17-2008, 09:02 PM

This was posted at pft.com......

TEXANS FEARED SCHAUB WAS DONE FOR THE YEAR
Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2008, 7:38 p.m. EST
Texans coach Gary Kubiak said during a Monday press conference that starting quarterback Matt Schaub will resume throwing the ball this week, more than two weeks after suffering a sprained MCL during a game at Minnesota, thanks to a low hit from Minnesota defensive end Jared Allen.

“I think they’ll bring him out there at some point this week and let him throw the ball around; set his feet,” Kubiak said. “But I guess I’m beginning to think and feel more confident that he will play this year.”

That last statement prompted a follow-up question, since no one had known that Schaub had suffered a possible season-ending injury.

“I think we were concerned a little bit about a week after the injury,” Kubiak said. “He’s made a lot of progress this past week. You’re talking about six weeks [remaining in the season] right now so I’m sure hoping that a couple of weeks from [now], we’re very close to getting him back on the football field.”

pft (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/17/texans-feared-schaub-was-done-for-the-year/)

2 more weeks maybe?

Wolf
11-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Texans have a habit of speaking in dog weeks to the public when secretly they are thinking in human weeks

for those that are wondering.. 1 dog year =7 human years(theoretically)

so basically what they are saying.. when the Texans have someone out 2 weeks it really means 14

cuppacoffee
11-17-2008, 10:34 PM
GTFO.

*sigh*

Sooooo, what is the date on the draft?

Edit: There was a piece of me that was hoping for a rickroll. Schaub ain't all that but Matt > Rosencopter

I have joined ranks with the posters on here who are advocating drafting a qb with a high pick next year. The caveat being that there is a qb worthy of a high pick at the time.

Schaub might suddenly become healthy enough to withstand the rigors of the NFL but I wouldn't want to depend on it.

:coffee:

nut
11-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Why didn't Kubiak give out the real skinny on the severity of Schaub's injury after it happened? Oh well, there go the playoffs.

Showtime100
11-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Why didn't Kubiak give out the real skinny on the severity of Schaub's injury after it happened? Oh well, there go the playoffs.

Playoffs. Playoffs! PLAYOFFS?? Let me tell you somethi.....PLAYOFFS!?! :user:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Sports/untitled.jpg

Kaiser Toro
11-18-2008, 09:21 AM
I called this when he went down. We should have sent him to the IR then, thereby being able to use that roster spot, it would have given us, on a QB. Instead we dropped a player to bring up the back up QB. Incompetence strikes again in my opinion.

Hardcore Texan
11-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Don't I look like a genius going out and grabbing up two PSL's and season tix in the middle of last year.

:sarcasm:

MannyFresh
11-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Matt Cassel.

Hervoyel
11-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Schaub will finish the year on IR and come back next year as the starter I imagine. Sage might have played himself out of the league by then so we'll probably be looking for a QB but I doubt we're going for one on the first day. Too much work to be done on the defense. Unfortunately Smith will probably somehow manage to survive the year and whatever player we select in the first round will be wasted in his hands.

Buffi2
11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
The bottom line is that Schaub has been here two seasons and only played one. The Texans should put him on the same salary as Ahman - you only get paid when you play.

texanhead08
11-18-2008, 11:02 AM
It would be nice if our olineman would knock the crap out of someone when they deliver these cheap shots on Schaub. That would be nice but I am not holding my breath on it happening.