PDA

View Full Version : We found someone worse then Rosencopter...

J-Russ
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Trent Edwards 3 int. in the first quarter.... out of 6 passes. I didn't think it was possible, but there is someone worst then Rosenfails.. well atleast for this week.

drewmar74
11-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Trent Edwards 3 int. in the first quarter.... out of 6 passes.

It hurts to watch.

Well, not really. It is the Bills, after all.

So you've got Pat McCrotch against an obviously color blind Trent Edwards? Hardly an intriguing matchup.

Of course, that is probably what 98% of the country is saying about Jags / Rosencopters next week.

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
All the shots of the Buffalo stadium totally packed and rockin' kind of made me want to go hide. It's going to suck when Reliant is 75% full at kickoff... then it's going to really suck when all our players are running around looking like the freaking Kool-Aid man in those ridiculous high school uniforms. Sigh.

gwallaia
11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Sage is probably sitting up taking notice right now.

"3 interceptions in only 6 attempts?! I'll show em', I'm the greatest loser in the NFL, come this Sunday my first 3 passes will be interceptions! Try to out-do me? Dream On!"

GlassHalfFull
11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
But how many interceptions can he throw in the 4th quarter?

TEXANRED
11-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Trent Edwards 3 int. in the first quarter.... out of 6 passes. I didn't think it was possible, but there is someone worst then Rosenfails.. well atleast for this week.

I think Kubiak can make him better. We should trade two first rounds and a second for him.

mexican_texan
11-17-2008, 09:35 PM
I think Kubiak can make him better. We should trade two first rounds and a second for him.
Maybe we can trade Schaub for Jason Peters

drewmar74
11-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Maybe we can trade Schaub for Jason Peters

Technically, Rosencopter would be an upgrade. He throws less picks and does entertaining aerial displays.

Offer him instead.

mexican_texan
11-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Maybe we can offer both and get Juan Pablo Losman Martinez Garcia IIII.

ChrisG
11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
But how many interceptions can he throw in the 4th quarter?

made my night lol

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Braylon Edwards really is as soft as Joey Porter said. Every time he catches the ball (when he actually catches it) he curls up in the fetal position expecting to get hit.

I mean, AJ got his head kicked in all game long against Minnesota, but not once did he let that stop him from catching the ball.

Not that every receiver can be AJ, but you should at least be somewhere in the middle.

Also - add both Buffalo and Cleveland to the list of teams that have used the Wildcat. Heh.

mexican_texan
11-17-2008, 11:51 PM
We used a variation of the Wildcat called Platoon; it involves...well...a helicopter and a whole city going like this:

http://ilpalumbo.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/platoon.jpg

mexican_texan
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Ahhahahahaha, did anyone see Kelly's face? Priceless.

The kick is up, looks good and...wide right!

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Anyone know why Steve Young and Stuart Scott aren't around tonight?

How do those guys disappear, but I still have to hear Emmitt Smith?

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 11:59 PM
we used a variation of the wildcat called platoon; it involves...well...a helicopter and a whole city going like this:

http://ilpalumbo.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/platoon.jpg

rofl

Ole Miss Texan
11-18-2008, 12:53 AM

Actually Trent Edwards showed why he is BETTER than Rosencopter. Sage can be given a really short leash the whole game and manage the offense until time catches up to him and he blows up at the end of the game causing a loss. Edwards showed that he can overcome a rough start and make the plays necessary to get his team in a position to win at the end of the game. Sage takes us out of that position.

mexican_texan
11-18-2008, 07:17 AM
He put us in that position this week. Then took us out.

BigBull17
11-18-2008, 08:11 AM

JaMarcus Russel. He looks so lost and overwhelmed its not even funnuy. How bad a pick was he?

Kaiser Toro
11-18-2008, 08:20 AM
JaMarcus Russel. He looks so lost and overwhelmed its not even funnuy. How bad a pick was he?

I amazed that folks actually thought he could be a NFL QB.

gtexan02
11-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Quinn looks better than Rusell already.

drewmar74
11-18-2008, 09:18 AM

I'm a LSU homer and even those of my ilk felt like he lacked the tools to succeed at the next level.

mexican_texan
11-18-2008, 09:19 AM
JaMarcus Russell isn't bad, he's just in a really bad position in Oakland.

Kaiser Toro
11-18-2008, 09:27 AM
JaMarcus Russell isn't bad, he's just in a really bad position in Oakland.

Any NFL team is a bad position for him. His bad mistakes in college are the same bad mistakes he makes in the NFL.

mexican_texan
11-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Any NFL team is a bad position for him. His bad mistakes in college are the same bad mistakes he makes in the NFL.
I've seen some great throws out of him. I've seen some bad throws from him, but things that could be fixed, just nothing that could be fixed in Oakland.

Kaiser Toro
11-18-2008, 09:56 AM
I've seen some great throws out of him. I've seen some bad throws from him, but things that could be fixed, just nothing that could be fixed in Oakland.

It is plausible that another team could be a better fit since he is really a dink and dunk guy. However, that means having a big brain, rather than relying on physical attributes (strength/speed). I just do not see where this guy plays in the NFL outside of a career back up.

mexican_texan
11-18-2008, 10:03 AM
It is plausible that another team could be a better fit since he is really a dink and dunk guy. However, that means having a big brain, rather than relying on physical attributes (strength/speed). I just do not see where this guy plays in the NFL outside of a career back up.
I'd take him here.

drewmar74
11-18-2008, 10:09 AM
I'd take him here.

As what? A developmental back up QB at a minimum salary?

Texan_Bill
11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
As what? A developmental back up QB at a minimum salary?

Back-up TE.

drewmar74
11-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Back-up TE.

He can't run.

bah007
11-18-2008, 10:27 AM
He can't run.

He has better wheels than you would expect from a guy that size.

Texan_Bill
11-18-2008, 10:36 AM
He can't run.

Blocking TE... Bruener isn't getting any younger.

mexican_texan
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
I'd happily take him as a project QB.

texanhead08
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
He can be our backup and we can pray he never has to play.

mexican_texan
11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaDtDE5aypI

BigBull17
11-18-2008, 12:19 PM
He has an absolute cannon, but that doesnt mean you'll be a good QB. Maybe in NE, where he could develope for 5 years. Or Indy, with Peyton as his QB coach.

I shook my head when Oakland passed Joe Thomas for his busted ass. Joe was the best player in that draft, but Al has to have that big arm.

bah007
11-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Thank God he has a TE like Miller or his stats would be even worse than they are now.

drewmar74
11-18-2008, 01:52 PM
He has better wheels than you would expect from a guy that size.

He must have improved in that regard since LSU.

I remember him take off one time and just wipe out on his own feet. Swift of foot he was not.

bah007
11-18-2008, 01:57 PM

I remember him take off one time and just wipe out on his own feet. Swift of foot he was not.

I'm not trying to pretend he is Michael Vick. As far as QB's go, he is average speed, probably less.

But as far as guys that size, yeah he's not too bad.

Texan_Bill
11-18-2008, 03:39 PM

I'm not trying to pretend he is Michael Vick. As far as QB's go, he is average speed, probably less.

But as far as guys that size, yeah he's not too bad.

Found this Yahoo article (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-russell031407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) that said Russell ran the 40 in 4.83 (towards the bottom). Not great but he's 6'-5" 260(ish).

drewmar74
11-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Found this Yahoo article (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-russell031407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) that said Russell ran the 40 in 4.83 (towards the bottom). Not great but he's 6'-5" 260(ish).

Scouting report that reiterates what I remember prior to him going to Oakland.

Negatives: At maximum growth potential and any more weight will affect his quickness His weight needs to be monitored, as he will lose some of his agility when he hits the 260-pound range Lacks the change of direction agility to make the initial tackler miss Has a good grasp of the passing game, but sometimes gets too confident in his arm strength and will try to force the ball into tight spots Quiet sort who seems to shy away from the media attention Shows good fluidity and quickness in his drive back from center, but is not a threat to run with the ball Can buy time for his receivers when rolling out, but appears a little stiff in his hips when having to escape pocket pressure for too long Tends to get a bit impatient in the pocket and showed too much confidence in his arm strength, firing the ball right into coverage Will hold the ball too long waiting for his targets to get open, resulting in a sack or costly fumble Can make all the throws, but needs to take a little of his zip off his shorter area tosses Cool under pressure, but will get impatient at times and force the ball in tight areas Not the type who can get into the second level with his feet, as he is a little stiff in his hips changing direction.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/420059

Texan_Bill
11-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Scouting report that reiterates what I remember prior to him going to Oakland.

Negatives: At maximum growth potential and any more weight will affect his quickness His weight needs to be monitored, as he will lose some of his agility when he hits the 260-pound range Lacks the change of direction agility to make the initial tackler miss Has a good grasp of the passing game, but sometimes gets too confident in his arm strength and will try to force the ball into tight spots Quiet sort who seems to shy away from the media attention Shows good fluidity and quickness in his drive back from center, but is not a threat to run with the ball Can buy time for his receivers when rolling out, but appears a little stiff in his hips when having to escape pocket pressure for too long Tends to get a bit impatient in the pocket and showed too much confidence in his arm strength, firing the ball right into coverage Will hold the ball too long waiting for his targets to get open, resulting in a sack or costly fumble Can make all the throws, but needs to take a little of his zip off his shorter area tosses Cool under pressure, but will get impatient at times and force the ball in tight areas Not the type who can get into the second level with his feet, as he is a little stiff in his hips changing direction.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/420059

Going strictly by memory of his days at LSU, that pretty well sums up what I remember. Interesting part to me: ".....showed too much confidence in his arm strength, firing the ball right into coverage"

drewmar74
11-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Going strictly by memory of his days at LSU, that pretty well sums up what I remember. Interesting part to me: ".....showed too much confidence in his arm strength, firing the ball right into coverage"

I guess the short version is this:

A) He's not real mobile and certainly isn't elusive
B) Big and VERY strong
C) Has a laser rocket arm

What exists between his ears is probably open for debate.

Sal Rosenberg
11-18-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwFZ18EFybc&feature=related

J-Russ
11-18-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwFZ18EFybc&feature=related

HAHAHAHA! Oh wow, I turned off my TV in fury after the int so I didn't get to see that, LOL. The boy was really in the brink of bursting into tears!

what a emo punk.