PDA

View Full Version : Jacques Reeves

texan9885
11-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Doesn't it seem like all he does is let his reciever catch the ball and then tackle him. He has maybe three pass defenses this whole year! Why would anyone be scared to throw at him. I just don't understand how he or faggins , who does the same thing, are still starting.

powerfuldragon
11-17-2008, 06:38 PM
you're complaining about the guy, the least you could do is look up the correct spelling of his name. Jacques Reeves

texan9885
11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
you're complaining about the guy, the least you could do is look up the correct spelling of his name. Jacques Reeves

excuse me :gun:

powerfuldragon
11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
excuse me :gun:

nothing against you, i'm just saying... it's gotta suck when the person putting you down can't even spell your name.

SheTexan
11-17-2008, 06:57 PM
nothing against you, i'm just saying... it's gotta suck when the person putting you down can't even spell your name.

WHO cares how you spell his friggin name!!!! HE SUCKS!!! JMO!!

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 07:03 PM
"Frenchie" is much easier to spell.

bah007
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
The most annoying thing about Reeves is that he is in position to make a play at least 75% of the time.

He just never plays the ball.

eriadoc
11-17-2008, 08:08 PM
"Frenchie" is much easier to spell.

French toast?

stingray
11-17-2008, 08:10 PM
French toast?

I like that, that should be his new nickname...

eriadoc
11-17-2008, 08:14 PM
I like that, that should be his new nickname...

/seconded

PapaL
11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
/Jacque Cousteau

TEXANRED
11-17-2008, 09:04 PM
You guys are killing me. He is our second best corner next to DRob.

And he has 12 passes defensed, 2 INT, and an INT for a TD.

He is light years ahead of Faggins, Bennett, and Molden.

In fact, after watching Bennett the last couple of weeks he kind of sucks. I guess last year was a fluke.

HJam72
11-17-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't think last year was a fluke with Bennett; I think this year is. Sophomore jinx, maybe?

Reeves is "know when to look for the ball" away from greatness, but he may never "find" it.

Hervoyel
11-17-2008, 09:20 PM

I'm sorry Dragon but I have to disagree. "Jackies Reeves" has played so poorly this year that I don't think he has the right to have his name spelled correctly in message board complaints about him. I think he deserves to have his name spelled with the exact same attention to detail that he gives his side of the field every Sunday.

TEXANRED
11-17-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry Dragon but I have to disagree. "Jackies Reeves" has played so poorly this year that I don't think he has the right to have his name spelled correctly in message board complaints about him. I think he deserves to have his name spelled with the exact same attention to detail that he gives his side of the field every Sunday.

Reeves is playing head and shoulders above everyone else in our secondary.

Maybe I need to be educated. Someone explain it to me. How is it the only CB on our team that actually covers his guy and can run stride for stride with his man is the worst CB that we have?

Maybe I am missing something. Maybe he too should give 5-10 yard cushions and let his receivers catch the ball like the rest of our secondary.

nut
11-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Reeves makes $3.8 million
more than Dunta, go figure

TEXANRED
11-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Reeves makes $3.8 million
more than Dunta, go figure

DRob is about to get the franchise tag and make over 9 million next year.

utahmark
11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Reeves is playing head and shoulders above everyone else in our secondary.

Maybe I need to be educated. Someone explain it to me. How is it the only CB on our team that actually covers his guy and can run stride for stride with his man is the worst CB that we have?

Maybe I am missing something. Maybe he too should give 5-10 yard cushions and let his receivers catch the ball like the rest of our secondary.

im really happy that he's close to the wr while their catching td passes.

actually thats probably why we hate him so much. he's always close enough to his man when they catch a td that we get to see his number. we just have to guess who it was when someelse gets burned because they are not in the picture.

TEXANRED
11-17-2008, 10:05 PM
im really happy that he's close to the wr while their catching td passes.

actually thats probably why we hate him so much. he's always close enough to his man when they catch a td that we get to see his number. we just have to guess who it was when someelse gets burned because they are not in the picture.

You say getting burned for TD's like he gives one up every game. He has given up maybe 3 all year.

Maybe I am wrong. But if I am I need some proof. To me, Reeves has played solid ball all year.

barrett
11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
i think you will find maybe 10 people who agree with you.. I"m one of them. I think he's a very good corner who needs to learn how to play the ball. he covers very well.

stingray
11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Reeves doesn't give up Td's but he gives up yards because he never knows where the ball is. Yes, he makes the tackle but he gives up the play. And he has alot of balls defende because they throw to him alot...

utahmark
11-17-2008, 10:33 PM
You say getting burned for TD's like he gives one up every game. He has given up maybe 3 all year.

Maybe I am wrong. But if I am I need some proof. To me, Reeves has played solid ball all year.

dude's around the ball. doesnt make the play. thats what we heard before he got here. thats what we see now that he's here.

just because he's around the ball doesnt make him a good corner. he's got to make plays. my previous post wasn't meant to be taken to seriously. but the fact is he played ball in high school, he played in college, he's played professionally and he still cant locate the freaking ball. i dont think he's gonna get it. and you saying he's playing better than our other corners, even if true, doesnt really say much.

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah - a guy with no ball instincts or no ability to find the ball is just as bad as a guy who gets continuously burned. Either way, they're giving up big plays constantly. Reeves could be a GREAT corner because of his elite speed - he can make up ground when he gets behind a WR - but if you can't locate the ball, that's useless.

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 10:51 PM
DRob is about to get the franchise tag and make over 9 million next year.

There's no way that's going to happen... I mean, if Rick Smith is smart. I LOVE Dunta Robinson, but he isn't worth the pay of the top 5 CBs in the league, which is what he would get with the franchise tag. No way.

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 10:55 PM
i think you will find maybe 10 people who agree with you.. I"m one of them. I think he's a very good corner who needs to learn how to play the ball. he covers very well.

He's not a very good corner, are you kidding me?

He has elite speed. He has good cover skills. He has no ball instincts. You have to be good at ALL THREE of those things to be a very good corner... you can't have two and NONE of the third. Not in the NFL.

That said - he has gotten better over the course of the year, which is more than I can say for anyone else at his position.

He's not a very good corner, come on. He COULD be a very good corner if the coaches can teach him to locate the ball at this point in his career.

I still think he can become a good corner. I say that because like I said, he has shown improvement IMO.

The1ApplePie
11-17-2008, 11:20 PM
With the exception of Wilson, Reeves is our best DB:texflag:

I think Dunta gets let go after the year. It really depends on his leg and his mouth. If he throws more coaches or teammates under the bus he may get his walking papers.

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 11:28 PM
With the exception of Wilson, Reeves is our best DB:texflag:

I think Dunta gets let go after the year. It really depends on his leg and his mouth. If he throws more coaches or teammates under the bus he may get his walking papers.

I don't reject out of hand the concept that Reeves is our second-best DB... but even if he is - that doesn't make him good. Our secondary is AWFUL.

But - he CAN be good. I don't see why he can't continue to improve.

imatexan
11-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Dunta is not going anywhere.

Reeves sucks but not nearly as bad as Faggins.

At least once in a while Reeves makes plays.

Faggins on the field just makes me disgusted.

DiehardChris
11-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Dunta is not going anywhere.

I really, really hope you're right about that.