PDA

View Full Version : when does smith get da boot

utahmark
11-16-2008, 12:40 AM
i think as soon as they feel that the playoff's or not just improbable but imposible. if we lose 2 of the next 3 he will be gone.

TexanSam
11-16-2008, 12:42 AM
At the end of the season.

mexican_texan
11-16-2008, 12:43 AM
At the end of the season.
Yeah. He's lost the players already, and it seems like someone else is taking over behind the scenes. The FO is doing him a favor by letting him save face and resign, most likely.

utahmark
11-16-2008, 12:50 AM
they just rushed 2 on a couple of 3rd down plays last game. worked both times i think. something for other teams to look at, at least. might as well drop everyone but mario into coverage.

mexican_texan
11-16-2008, 12:51 AM
they just rushed 2 on a couple of 3rd down plays last game. worked both times i think. something for other teams to look at, at least. might as well drop everyone but mario into coverage.
They might as well. It's better than rushing Weaver and TJ.

imatexan
11-16-2008, 01:08 AM
No way after our next loss.

Mari-OWNED!
11-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I wish he was fired right now.

But it probably won't be until the end of the season.

Showtime100
11-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I chose D, he'll stand tall with Kubiak until they both sink, but I think C and D will end up being the same answer.

Scooter
11-16-2008, 06:44 AM
i said next loss just because there wasnt a time machine option to keep him from coming here at all.

Lucky
11-16-2008, 06:45 AM
After the Texans are out of the playoff picture? At what point of the season were the Texans in the playoff picture?

Kubiak has already said he's not firing anyone during the season. So has McNair. The only question is whether Smith, Kubiak, and the rest of the staff are flushed or if Smith's blood is enough. I don't think booting Smith will be enough, and McNair will need to axe Kubiak to satisfy the fanbase. I guess we'll have to wait another 6 weeks or so to find out.

CloakNNNdagger
11-16-2008, 06:59 AM

Our secondary got burned big time on some of those "non-rush" plays. When you have a Keystone cops routine with 4 covers and your scheme is as much the problem as your personel, putting 5 extra bodies out there (many of which have NO coverage skills) with the offense getting 3 times the time to find their receivers...or run through a non-existent line, it only intensifies the scheme flaws for the bolstered Keystone force.

Stop with the gimmicks already, TRY TO DEVELOP A TEAM!

HJam72
11-16-2008, 07:16 AM
After the Texans are out of the playoff picture? At what point of the season were the Texans in the playoff picture?

Kubiak has already said he's not firing anyone during the season. So has McNair. The only question is whether Smith, Kubiak, and the rest of the staff are flushed or if Smith's blood is enough. I don't think booting Smith will be enough, and McNair will need to axe Kubiak to satisfy the fanbase. I guess we'll have to wait another 6 weeks or so to find out.

When we were 0-0. :)

Thorn
11-16-2008, 07:52 AM
i think as soon as they feel that the playoff's or not just improbable but imposible. if we lose 2 of the next 3 he will be gone.

This sounds reasonable, at least to me. But the short history of the Texans says it'll be at the end of the season.

As far as I am concerned though, the sooner the better. Let Bush take over and see what, if anything, he can do to improve the mess that is our defense.

CloakNNNdagger
11-16-2008, 08:15 AM
This sounds reasonable, at least to me. But the short history of the Texans says it'll be at the end of the season.

As far as I am concerned though, the sooner the better. Let Bush take over and see what, if anything, he can do to improve the mess that is our defense.

I agree with the Bush takeover plan. But it makes me cringe anymore when I hear anyone referring to our short history hanging on to the implied excuses of a young expansion team. Let's stop kidding ourselves. We are no longer an expansion team, we are no longer a young team........we are an AGING team with ever-turning over younger players getting older while the powers that be hold us back. A short history?..........I don't think so. We have a long enough history to accurately predict a gloomy future........if adequate leadership is not demanded.

Buffi2
11-16-2008, 08:47 AM
I said after the season - I wish it were yesterday.

It is possible, perhaps, if our defense is run over yet again this week - and I see no reason why it shouldn't be - just maybe someone will get angry enough to throw smith out. Among all of the other things this team needs - a major temper tantrum by McNair could be a very good thing.

Thorn
11-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Maybe McNair needs to drop his pants in the locker room.

CloakNNNdagger
11-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Maybe McNair needs to drop his pants in the locker room.

Maybe McNair needs to pull down Kube's and Smith's pants on the sidelines the 1st time the team shows a sorry ass performmance again on the field.

Thorn
11-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Maybe McNair needs to pull down Kube's and Smith's pants on the sidelines the 1st time the team shows a sorry ass performmance again on the field.

LOL, I like your idea better.

utahmark
11-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Our secondary got burned big time on some of those "non-rush" plays. When you have a Keystone cops routine with 4 covers and your scheme is as much the problem as your personel, putting 5 extra bodies out there (many of which have NO coverage skills) with the offense getting 3 times the time to find their receivers...or run through a non-existent line, it only intensifies the scheme flaws for the bolstered Keystone force.

Stop with the gimmicks already, TRY TO DEVELOP A TEAM!

i'll admit i didnt watch the game as close as i usually do. i actually was out of the room on a couple of plays, i think i tivoed back every play i missed. i sure dont remember the secondary getting beat bad when they only rushed 2. i could of missed it though.

Hagar
11-16-2008, 10:44 AM
I do not believe in waiting till the end of the season for firing anyone, Head Coaches included. Send the message now!

False Start
11-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I think it will be at season's end......... unfortunately.

wwffan99tx
11-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Can someone please explain to McNair that when you give up 30 plus points every week your team will suck? The defensive players have quit on Richard Smith and his ridiculous schemes.

GlassHalfFull
11-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't let him on the plane home.

Jackie Chiles
11-16-2008, 02:53 PM

The players can stay in Indy as well for all I care, what a terrific failure on defense.

Ckw
11-16-2008, 02:55 PM
The players can stay in Indy as well for all I care, what a terrific failure on defense.

Horrible 2nd half defense. They looked alright in the first. This is why there is no doubt in my mind that we have an incompetent front office, and I have never said that.

If they can't see that Dick Smith is not the answer, then they have lost their minds. If we had fired him closer to the beginning of the season, we could at least have a better idea of whether or not this horrible 2nd half play is because of Kubiak.

edo783
11-16-2008, 03:27 PM
When ever, it isn't soon enough, but most likely at the end of the season. A big blowout could change that I suppose.

bah007
11-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Horrible 2nd half defense. They looked alright in the first. This is why there is no doubt in my mind that we have an incompetent front office, and I have never said that.

If they can't see that Dick Smith is not the answer, then they have lost their minds. If we had fired him closer to the beginning of the season, we could at least have a better idea of whether or not this horrible 2nd half play is because of Kubiak.

Honestly, the defense wasn't even that good in the first half.

The Colts dropped six passes, four of which would have been first downs.

Showtime100
11-16-2008, 03:35 PM

LOL, I'd tell him to stay close to Dunta.

Ckw
11-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Honestly, the defense wasn't even that good in the first half.

The Colts dropped six passes, four of which would have been first downs.

True but they were worse in the 2nd half as they have been all year. Ex: Indy @ home, Baltimore, Detroit, etc.

All those games and more were played well in the first half only to be blown in the 2nd.

bah007
11-16-2008, 03:40 PM
True but they were worse in the 2nd half as they have been all year. Ex: Indy @ home, Baltimore, Detroit, etc.

All those games and more were played well in the first half only to be blown in the 2nd.

That is true.

We apparently don't make half time adjustments.

Or all the teams we play have genious coaches that know exactly what changes we will be making.

Hardcore Texan
11-16-2008, 03:49 PM
I think it will be at season's end......... unfortunately.

Ditto

Texan JBZ
11-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Fire him NOW! What the hell is the organization waiting for? Do they think it will set the defense back in some kind of way? Hellllooooo, the defense already blows. It can't get any worse than it already is. Why should us Texans fans have to suffer through the rest of the season watching our inept defensive schemes. The guy doesn't know the meaning of a halftime adjustment. That is what kills the Texans more than anything. The coaches go in at halftime and fail to make adjustments. We saw it this week, last week, and I can't recall how many other weeks. Fire him now, Today - Why wait? The defense isn't going to get any better if he stays.

ATXtexanfan
11-16-2008, 04:21 PM
he doesn't have players

steelbtexan
11-16-2008, 04:38 PM
I thought I saw Dick Smiths nose up Kubes a** today.

When we play the prevent @ the end of halves & games I wish Mr. McNair would come down from his suite & kick both of them in the balls.