PDA

View Full Version : All Emcompassing 2008-2009 Texan Rumors Thread

Wolf
11-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I didn't know which thread to stick this on

so maybe a rumor thread??

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+South/Houston/WWHI/2008/wwhi111308.htm

Kubiak appears safe, but Smith's future with Texans in question

By Mike Wilkening
Nov. 13, 2008

When the Texans surrendered 41 points to Baltimore in Week 10, another round of speculation of the direction of the club on head coach Gary Kubiak’s watch began. But the way we hear it, the locker room continues to back Kubiak, who’s in his third year on the job, and there does not appear to be an undercurrent of any dissatisfaction with him. Several players, including CB Dunta Robinson, one of the team’s leaders, spoke out in favor of Kubiak. Given the continued improvement of the offense, Kubiak probably doesn’t have to worry much about job security this season — and he’s not doing so. “I have a lot of coaches, a lot of players and a lot of people in this organization busting their tail and I would be very selfish to worry about myself,” Kubiak said. While Kubiak appears safe, whispers about defensive coordinator Richard Smith’s future are inescapable as the Texans continue to fall short of expectations on that side of the ball.

HOU-TEX
11-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Considering the defense has been a joke since week one, it makes me wonder if we had a bye week this season he would've been whacked.

But no, we'll get to witness the same boring ass defense for the rest of the season. :gun:

Thorn
11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
I thinking maybe the best thing that could happen this weekend is Indy scoring 50+ points on us, and Kubiak finally blowing up about it and getting rid of Richard Smith.

drewmar74
11-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Considering the defense has been a joke since week one, it makes me wonder if we had a bye week this season he would've been whacked.

But no, we'll get to witness the same boring ass defense for the rest of the season. :gun:

I dunno, man. Our defense is anything but boring. I mean, watching all those big pass plays against our pitiful secondary? That's pretty darn exciting if you ask me!

HOU-TEX
11-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I thinking maybe the best thing that could happen this weekend is Indy scoring 50+ points on us, and Kubiak finally blowing up about it and getting rid of Richard Smith.

I don't know about 50, but I think they can easily put a 40 burger on us. We'll score some points, but they'll score practically every possession.

will742
11-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Yesss. And so it begins. :smiliedance:

Wolf6151
11-14-2008, 01:15 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Wolf
11-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I don't want to see a prison beating and I want a Texans win but Thorn is on to something.

Buffi2
11-14-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure about 50 points - but I think we will lose and lose big. I'm also not sure I understand the wait until the end of the season mentality. Things couldn't get any worse - might as well change now and see what happens. I actually think it would help all the way around.

Texan_Bill
11-14-2008, 01:41 PM
One rumor I heard back in or around 1999, was the Houston was awarded and NFL team...

:foottap: Still waiting..............

hobie
11-14-2008, 02:15 PM
All this negativity.....come on people, it's Friday, and remember, it's just a game !!
Enjoy the day, have a great weekend and come Sunday, get ready to chear or swear, regardless....it's Friday, let's not have any hostilities just yet !!

Texanfan4ever
11-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Right on Hobie!!!! I'm with you. When it all shakes out, it IS just a game.

steelbtexan
11-14-2008, 03:34 PM
One rumor I heard back in or around 1999, was the Houston was awarded and NFL team...

:foottap: Still waiting..............

I heard the same thing

I cant wait for the privilige of getting to watch crappy football & buy $10 beers.

DerekLee1
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM

We had a bye in week 2. He should've been whacked then.

Thorn
11-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I hate to be negative 'cause I love this team, but, I guess I'm just being negative. LOL

Runner
11-14-2008, 03:42 PM

The defense is such a joke that they shouldn't have to have a bye week to can him. Maybe they are still evaluating his performance.

Specnatz
11-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I hate to be negative 'cause I love this team, but, I guess I'm just being negative. LOL

I fully understand about not liking the results on the field but I do not understand is saying we do not have a team or franchise. Hell at least we are not the Raiders, Lions or Bengals.

Around here showing any positive attitude or not blasting everything is wrong. You must show negativity or nothing at all.

I do agree with Steph that if Richard Smith is fired and who ever takes over and the D improves only slightly then that person may become our DC for next year versus going outside the organization and hiring someone. Which is what I want.

Oh and look at all the teams that have fired their coach mid-season, most are very poorly run organizations. The team that fired their DC in mid-season also is the same one who canned a coach after a 13 - 3 season. Yep that shows great stability there.

drewmar74
11-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Last rumor I heard was that Richard Smith had pictures of Kubiak and Vince Young spending some intimate time together. Shirtless. In a room full of other shirtless men.

Kubiak: "Why can't I quit you?"

:hobie:

Explains a lot....

texanhead08
11-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Smith and Hoke need to go soon as the buzzer sounds in the last game.

TheRealJoker
11-14-2008, 04:08 PM
The defense's ineptitude under Richard Smith has made me wonder if maybe our QBs are turnover happy because they ALWAYS try to score TDs. They just may not have any confidence in our defense...

I wonder if our defense was atleast top half of the league if the turnovers would drop tremendously...take the safe plays in the redzone and kick a FG if we need to :)

HOU-TEX
11-14-2008, 04:15 PM
The defense is such a joke that they shouldn't have to have a bye week to can him. Maybe they are still evaluating his performance.

True, realistically he probably should've been whacked as soon as Bush was brought on.

LOL @ your last comment. Sounds familiar.

steelbtexan
11-14-2008, 04:39 PM
The defense's ineptitude under Richard Smith has made me wonder if maybe our QBs are turnover happy because they ALWAYS try to score TDs. They just may not have any confidence in our defense...

I wonder if our defense was atleast top half of the league if the turnovers would drop tremendously...take the safe plays in the redzone and kick a FG if we need to :)

This is a big part of the offenses problem. IMO

It is also why we go for it on 4th down so often.