PDA

View Full Version : Indystar:Kubiak feels the ire of Houston

Wolf
11-14-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20081114/SPORTS03/811140399/1058/SPORTS03

This isn't what Houston Texans fans expected. Not this season, and especially not last week, when Gary Kubiak's team fell apart in a 41-13 home loss to Baltimore.

Just last year, the Texans won three of their final four games to finish 8-8, the best record in the franchise's seven-year run.

This was supposed to be the breakthrough year. Instead, a 3-6 mark has prompted loud speculation on Houston sports-talk shows that Kubiak should be fired. His seat could get hotter if the Texans aren't at least competitive against the Colts (5-4) on Sunday, which is asking a lot considering the Texans have lost all six of their games in Indianapolis by at least nine points.

"There's a lot of disappointment here. I understand the frustration," said Kubiak, whose three-year record is 17-24. "I've been doing this a long time. I've been on two Super Bowl teams (at Denver), who the next year came back 5-11. So I understand the good end and I understand when you're struggling."

nunusguy
11-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Just last year, the Texans won three of their final four games to finish 8-8, the best record in the franchise's seven-year run.
Honestly, I felt we'd finally arrived after we won that road game last year at
Carolina to start the season 2-0. What happened ?
Now this season has got that deja vu thing going all over again - it seems like were in the Reggie-Bowl again ? Dang, are we scheduled to finish this season in December at Candlestick Park ? Wierd !