PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Ward

Mari-OWNED!
11-12-2008, 06:55 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3146

With Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward free agents after the season, Giants beat writer Paul Schwartz believes one of the backs will be replaced by Ahmad Bradshaw in 2009.

Jacobs is the better bet to be re-signed, which means Dynasty leaguers may want to roll the dice on Ward landing a larger slice of the pie in another city next season. It's no sure thing, of course, but it makes sense for the Giants to work Bradshaw into a more prominent role, and Ward will be knocking on the door of age 30 soon. Teams that potentially will be looking for a feature back in March include Cincinnati, Denver, the Jets, New England, Detroit, and Cleveland.

Not Houston? I dunno what do yall think? Do you think Derrick Ward would be a good free agent pickup for the Texans? Personally I think we should definitely go for it.

houstonhurricane
11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
I actually like Jacobs more, but they are both hard runners to bring down and can help us punish opposing defenses. Ward would be a nice pickup!

stingray
11-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I actually like Jacobs more, but they are both hard runners to bring down and can help us punish opposing defenses. Ward would be a nice pickup!

He gets hurt alot. I think this is the first year that he is healthy..

Mari-OWNED!
11-12-2008, 07:01 PM

I like Jacobs more as well, but he will most likely stay with the Giants.

If the Texans even had a small chance of signing Jacobs, I'd say they'd be retarded not to go for it!

houstonhurricane
11-12-2008, 10:02 PM
He gets hurt alot. I think this is the first year that he is healthy..

Well then, perhaps Ahman could mentor him...:shades:

beerlover
11-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Well then, perhaps Ahman could mentor him...:shades:

your wrong for that :stirpot:

The1ApplePie
11-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I hoping that the Pats release Maroney in the offseason. That would be a hell of a pick up for us and he and Slaton would be money