PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is responsible for us quitting today?

TheRealJoker
11-10-2008, 01:50 AM
It doesn't matter what brand of kool aid you were drinking up to this game, you could see plain as day that this football team quit in today's game. 1 minute we're 1 td away from taking the lead in a tough football game where we had made several costly errors that kept us from taking the lead in the game but we were still 1 score from the lead.

Then the next minute we self destruct as a TEAM. So who did the team quit on today? Did the team quit on Kubiak? Rosenfels? The fans?

Who is to blame for this team's lack of heart? Who needs to be removed from their post to fix this infectious disease that has been infecting our franchise since its inception known as "lose-alot-itis"?

Norg
11-10-2008, 01:59 AM
When it comes to heart and being pepared for the game its Obvious the first 2go is the coaching staff ............along with them the QB's iam talking matt and sage

Runner
11-10-2008, 04:54 AM
IF the team quit it doesn't really matter who they quit on. Giving up is a loser move.

DerekLee1
11-10-2008, 07:21 AM
IF the team quit it doesn't really matter who they quit on. Giving up is a loser move.

I'm not one to b!tch about the refs, but their ridiculous flag after flag after flag on that drive that put the Ravens up by 14 was just sick. That will kill momentum faster than anything (short of a pass thrown in Ray Lewis' breadbasket - TWICE).

BigBull17
11-10-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm not one to b!tch about the refs, but their ridiculous flag after flag after flag on that drive that put the Ravens up by 14 was just sick. That will kill momentum faster than anything (short of a pass thrown in Ray Lewis' breadbasket - TWICE).

Yeah, not a great moment for Sage. He obviously thought he was able to teleport the ball through defenders.

HJam72
11-10-2008, 09:08 AM
I think we just got beat by a better team. We were going to lose anyway, then Rosencopter got all stupid again and the refs got all "Oh, it's the Houston team," again, and the team saw all of this and QUIT. Frankly, I don't blame them.

2 things that really matter from this game:

1) Sage Rosenfels is psychotic

2) Referees will ruin the Texans until MAJOR complaints are made.

I'm not saying that the call against OD for holding wasn't legit; I'm saying they'd never call that &*(^ on a popular team. That's pretty much par for the course. It's all that way, except for the one in four penalties we actually deserve.

My ideas about what's wrong with this team are all over the boards. I'm not happy with our DT size, almost our entire secondary, our QBs, our DC, our penchant for ignoring the aforementioned secondary in the draft and focus like crazy on on the D-Line, etc. What I have to say now is just that I am fed up. I don't care who's fault is. I don't care if I'm right or wrong about everything or anything. Congratulation, Texans; some of your much-resented draft picks have been proven right, but YOU'RE STILL LOSERS. 7TH freaking year and you're 3-6. Yeah, that's real impressive there.

I knew by mid-2nd quarter that the Ravens would run all over our D in the second half. You don't just suck; you do it in an extremely predictable way.

I believe Rosencopter should be canned immediately, based on kharma alone. Screw it. It's another waisted season, anyway. I don't really know if I'm going to care anymore.

Texans_Chick
11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Sage Rosenfels threw four interceptions.

There is no way that the defense can deal with that.

I didn't see any quitting. I saw a lot of hard effort. I just saw a lot of cluelessness.

I'm not sure how much better cluelessness is than being big quitters.

But I will say this. Depending on a running game, even when it isn't being particularly effective, is not putting training wheels on an offense. It is sound, pragmatic, strategic football.

At the end of 2006, Kubiak took the keys to the offense away from Carr after Carr got brained so badly during the Oakland game, and depended on Ron Dayne train to finish the season and try to get wins. They were able to beat the Colts that way the season the Colts won the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying they need to be a run first team. But how about a little more balance?

Everybody and their dogs know that the Texans defense is awful. So the best way to deal with that is to keep their asses off the field, and running the ball can help with that. It helps the offensive line too because pass blocking the whole game against guys who are significantly bigger and more athletic than they are can't be terribly fun.

Joe Texan
11-10-2008, 12:04 PM
kubiak

Malloy
11-10-2008, 12:26 PM
4 ints and unimaginary offensive playcalling. Offense looks even worse when they have less time on the field.

Time to try out more players, time to get rid of Smith and TRY something different. What really bothers me at this point of time is why we fail, retry, fail, retry... bu everytime we keep going back to whatever just failed. I want coordinators, on both sides of the ball, to TRY something different, to change the gameplan whenever whatever we're doing is not working.

Adapt adapt adapt...

Mr teX
11-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Sage Rosenfels threw four interceptions.

There is no way that the defense can deal with that.

I didn't see any quitting. I saw a lot of hard effort. I just saw a lot of cluelessness.

I'm not sure how much better cluelessness is than being big quitters.

But I will say this. Depending on a running game, even when it isn't being particularly effective, is not putting training wheels on an offense. It is sound, pragmatic, strategic football.

At the end of 2006, Kubiak took the keys to the offense away from Carr after Carr got brained so badly during the Oakland game, and depended on Ron Dayne train to finish the season and try to get wins. They were able to beat the Colts that way the season the Colts won the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying they need to be a run first team. But how about a little more balance?

Everybody and their dogs know that the Texans defense is awful. So the best way to deal with that is to keep their asses off the field, and running the ball can help with that. It helps the offensive line too because pass blocking the whole game against guys who are significantly bigger and more athletic than they are can't be terribly fun.

i love ya TC but sorry, i'm not buying that.

We were facing a top rush defense & can barely run the ball on middle of the pack defenses.... How are we supposed to achieve balance if we can't run the ball effectively enough for teams to respect it? we also don't have a thumper like ron dayne in the backfield. That's not a knock on SS, but we pretty much knew that he wasn't going to be able to shoulder the load & he wasn't expect to to begin with...yet all we've heard from the head coach is that he wants to run the ball.....As with most things in life, you get back what you put in......that is unless you're part of our d-line. Our running game at this point looks about on par with a 3rd rounder sprinkled with a couple of journeymen & a has been.

It's funny b/c early in the season, everyone was saying we need to pass to set up the run since we couldn't run to set up the pass. Now all of a sudden we really can't do it that way either. i'm more inclined to say that we just can't run the ball effectively period...

2nd....we were in the game at half time & had committed only 1 TO up to that point without really running the ball....that is until Sage remembered who he was & realized he was behind on his quota for ints.

& defensively, there's no excuse for letting a rookie Qb sling the ball all over the field on you as a defense. none. Our personnel on defense isn't that bad. Call me crazy, but aren't rookie qbs usually turnover prone & confused out there? That's mainly b/c most d-coordinators blitz them to death & sort of make them make bad decisions. But no...not the genius that runs our defense...he's gonna let him sit back there & throw the ball in rhythm; fearing this guy like he was manning or brady.

yeah they were on the field more than they should've been but the reality of it is most defensive units get at least 1-2 TO's a game so it balances out in the end. Look at how many we got Sunday & how many we usually get. Pressure goes a long way to create those & If you can't get pressure consistently with your front four you might need to think about bringing more people....especially against a rookie Qb.

Bottom line as far as Kubiak & Smith....1 doesn't know what he's doing & the other doesn't know what he wants to do....Wouldn't be upset at all if McNair decided to clean house after this year.