PDA

View Full Version : What we need

Texanmike02
11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
You know, I've been thinking. Is it the coach? Is it the players? Is it the owner? What makes this team succeed and fail. I've come to one thing. Skill wise, this tam is not a 3-6 team. Its not a 12-4 team either. But why is this team struggling. Am I blind? Is Schaub really a pansy? Did we screw up the draft?

This team is lacking one thing. We need a mean streak. I'm not talking about a guy who is dirty... then again maybe I am. Schaub has been subject to more nasty hits in a year than some QB's face in a career... perhaps in part, because a chop block doesn't follow a dirty hit. I don't buy "we didn't know"... your QB comes up limping.. someone on the defense better be limping too.

It is a truth for most of our team... its sad really... remember Ray Childress?

Mike

DBCooper
11-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I know what you are saying. We do need a mean streak.

Unfortunately, Schaub will continue to get hit like he does. He falls like a sack of potatoes. It is not "if" he will get hurt, it is "when". Everyone will exploit that.

A mean streak is only the beginning of what we need.

Norg
11-10-2008, 02:19 AM
We need more Thug players/ Distraction players IMO our ban must be lifted from not getting these types of players ... LOL

Texanmike02
11-10-2008, 03:46 AM
You don't need to be a thug off the field... but a Decon Jones would do wonders for this team. The guy was a model citizen as far as I know, but nobody wanted him bearing down on them.

At the amateur level, I would never encourage dirty play. Even at the pro level I despise it, but at the same time, we're taking a knife to a gun fight. What do you think happens to abraham if that was manning? What about Rivers? I'll see my QB and i'll raise you a DE and a TD.... I coach kids sports, and I NEVER tell them to do anything like that, but they aren't getting paid millions of dollars, I'm not paying them millions of dollars, to do that kind of shit.

Daunte, pre injury got it... he was going to lay the wood ANY time he had the chance.

Mike