PDA

View Full Version : Cowher and Schottenheimer??

Marcus
11-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I keep reading, we need some "Cowher power" or some "marty ball".

Seriously, you don't think either of those two would come out of retirement to coach . . . ahem . . . cough . . . the the Houston Texans, do you?

:yawn:

Carr Bombed
11-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I honestly think Cowher will be coaching right up I45 next season. Their team is very talented and his 3-4 defense is already in place.

J-Russ
11-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Marty is a dinosaur, and is probably enjoying retirement and spending missed time with his family after coaching for so long.

Cowher would only coach near his hometown I think. So it's either Carolina or nothing.

OzzO
11-09-2008, 04:20 PM
I keep reading, we need some "Cowher power" or some "marty ball".

Seriously, you don't think either of those two would come out of retirement to coach . . . ahem . . . cough . . . the the Houston Texans, do you?

:yawn:

Wel, sure. If they want to get in line before Jimmy does.

TexansFight
11-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Marty is a dinosaur, and is probably enjoying retirement and spending missed time with his family after coaching for so long.

Cowher would only coach near his hometown I think. So it's either Carolina or nothing.

Really, that dinosaur coached the Chargers to a 13-3 record his last year there and left a loaded team that Norv Turner has squandered. He has been a winner everywhere he has been. I thought you said we have good talent, this should be a good place to come. You lay enough money on the table and one of those guys will come.

Marcus
11-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I honestly think Cowher will be coaching right up I45 next season. Their team is very talented and his 3-4 defense is already in place.

Cowher working for Jerry Jones? :yikes:

:spit:

TEXANRED
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM

I believe Jason Garret is already in place to take over. He makes more money than most head coach's in the league.

Cowher would be perfect here in Houston. Someone to come in here and reclaim our blue collar roots.

I would load up 50 Brinks trucks and drive over to his house and start throwing money at him.

I would take Cowher even if it meant having to change back to the 34.

Jackie Chiles
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
We could totally sell them on building the team around Kris Brown.

J-Russ
11-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Really, that dinosaur coached the Chargers to a 13-3 record his last year there and left a loaded team that Norv Turner has squandered. He has been a winner everywhere he has been. I thought you said we have good talent, this should be a good place to come. You lay enough money on the table and one of those guys will come.

Dude, he's 65 years old. Don't you think he rather spend the rest of his life with his family, rather then coaching a bad team? I'm scare he might have a heart attack as well, after looking at game films of our team.

Marcus
11-09-2008, 04:29 PM

Who said we have good talent?

Not I.

Carr Bombed
11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I believe Jason Garret is already in place to take over. He makes more money than most head coach's in the league.

Cowher would be perfect here in Houston. Someone to come in here and reclaim our blue collar roots.

I would load up 50 Brinks trucks and drive over to his house and start throwing money at him.

I would take Cowher even if it meant having to change back to the 34.

I would love to see Cowher here as well, but I just don't see that happening.

TEXANRED
11-09-2008, 04:33 PM

Well its 6 months to the draft and 9 months to next football season. Have to dream about something.

Jackie Chiles
11-09-2008, 04:34 PM
I mentioned Kirk Ferentz (head coach of Iowa) in another thread literally seconds before this one popped up, anyone have some thoughts on him or maybe some other potentials?

My reasons for liking Ferentz: Does not get to recruit top notch talent but always produces his fair share of NFL quality players and has had a lot of success at that program. Seems to always have disciplined teams. His schemes are not complicated but I would argue that that might be a good thing if you look at the success of new coaches like Sparano and Mike Smith. Anyway, just throwing another name into the hat.

Marcus
11-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I mentioned Kirk Ferentz (head coach of Iowa) in another thread literally seconds before this one popped up, anyone have some thoughts on him or maybe some other potentials?

My reasons for liking Ferentz: Does not get to recruit top notch talent but always produces his fair share of NFL quality players and has had a lot of success at that program. Seems to always have disciplined teams. His schemes are not complicated but I would argue that that might be a good thing if you look at the success of new coaches like Sparano and Mike Smith. Anyway, just throwing another name into the hat.

I like Kirk Ferentz also . . . but Kirk Ferentz just got through signing a long term deal to remain the HC of Iowa. He loves where he's at right now. He's not interested in coaching in the NFL or anywhere else. He loves Iowa.

The1ApplePie
11-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I'd go Mike Singeltary

If nothing else he would have kicked Sage right in the balls after the third pick

Vinny
11-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Cowher and Schottenheimer??

those guys are probably too mean. We like nice shiny corporate types who do what they are told and don't yell at the press.

otisbean
11-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I'd love Cowher but I don't see it happening. I would certainly cast a vote for Marty. The guy has a proven record for turning around franchises. His dismissal in SD was because the GM just didn't like him. I would love to have Marty come in and hire Wade Phillips as our DC. Before people start crying about the 4-3, we are a crappy defense not matter how we line up. I just want a good coach!

Norg
11-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Money Talks

with that being said iam sure there are other qualifed coaches out there other then thoes 2 to coach our team

just less known names IMO

TexanSam
11-09-2008, 05:16 PM
The Broncos miss the playoffs, Shananan is fire and hired by the Texans and Kubiak is demoted to OC.

AustinTexansFan
11-09-2008, 05:19 PM

He would not come here for any amount of money. He has more class than that.

Vinny
11-09-2008, 05:20 PM
The Broncos miss the playoffs, Shananan is fire and hired by the Texans and Kubiak is demoted to OC.

What has Shanny ever done without John Elway? Elway won 12 playoff games and went to 5 Super Bowls....since he retired the Broncos have won a grand total of one playoff game.

otisbean
11-09-2008, 05:26 PM

What does that mean? The Texans are far from a classless organization. You want classless, look at that Cowboys and Raiders. I think Cowher is to the point that he would cherry pick the best situation, I don't think we're it, but it have nothing to do with class.

Mr. White
11-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Who said we have good talent?

Not I.

If we don't have good talent, then whose fault is that? Kubiak has had 3 years to bring in his own guys that he thinks that he can win with.

A lot more coaches have been able to do more with less.

They may not be good talent, but they could be coached up by a good coach.

TexanSam
11-09-2008, 05:29 PM
What has Shanny ever done without John Elway? Elway won 12 playoff games and went to 5 Super Bowls....since he retired the Broncos have won a grand total of one playoff game.

I would take that one playoff win over what we've done.

I was being sarcastic though.

But I would take Shananan over Kubiak as head coach though

False Start
11-09-2008, 05:44 PM

So all of the sudden this organization is classless? That's more like the Cowboys.

SouthSideTexan
11-09-2008, 05:46 PM
We could totally sell them on building the team around Kris Brown.

Love it!!!!!

leebigeztx
11-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I listen to nfl radio everyday and marty isn't coming back. Also Kirwin always talks about how much cohwer is enjoying chilling for at least another yr.

TexanSam
11-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I listen to nfl radio everyday and marty isn't coming back. Also Kirwin always talks about how much cohwer is enjoying chilling for at least another yr.

Money talks

PapaL
11-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Marty Ball did a whole lot of nothing with much much more talented teams.

We are already playing Marty Ball w/less talent and less wins; same result though.

TexanBacker93
11-09-2008, 08:06 PM

That could work if we can also got John Elway to come be the QB.

If the team went to a new coaching staff and that coach wanted a 3-4, what would happen with Mario? Could he play OLB? Being a 3-4 DE would be a waste of him in my opinion.

threetoedpete
11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Money talks

Yeah and that's what some folks said about Jimmy Johnson coming back. No one was going to get J.J. off that boat. Cohwer says he wants to watch the daughters finish growing up and I believe him. McNair nor anyone else has enough scratch to make him change his mind. I take the man at his word. Somethings are more important than money. I'm sure Andy Reid and Mike Holmgren had it too do over, they'd do things a bit differently in hind site.

Specnatz
11-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Cowher and Schottenheimer??

those guys are probably too mean. We like nice shiny corporate types who do what they are told and don't yell at the press.

And you got this how? The Texans have had only two coaches in their history, both of whom are complete different personalities. At the time Kubiak was considered one of the top OC and Coaches on the rise, yeah ok hindsight 20/20 and all maybe not the best hire now but you can't say then that he was not at the top of many peoples list. Throwing out blanket statements is always fun I guess.

Just thinking out loud ... but I am sure Tony Dungy would be in that category.

nunusguy
11-10-2008, 08:05 AM
My brother and his son came to town for yesterdays debacle. Anyway, they're Chiefs fans and my brother said he'd buy Texans season tickets if Marty-Ball came to Houston. He said all the Chiefs fans would give anything now for the days when Marty was there and the Chiefs were always in the playoffs, though they could never advance. That's sounds pretty dang good to me to, kinda problem I wish we had ?
I doubt that McNair could get Marty here without offering him the HC-GM combo though ?