PDA

View Full Version : Complete lack of Heart

spurstexanstros
11-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I have been rooting for the Houston Texans since their inception and I will continue to support them. However, I will not take a team that folds up when facing adversity. They lack testicular fortitude.....they lack well..... heart. Offense and defense showed me absolutely nothing. I am not sure I think Kubiak should be fired but after today's performance I think he should be nervous about loosing this team. The Def Cordinator should be fired at 3:01 today and the Texans need to find a QB right now...not in draft...... not in offseason but now. The quarterbacks on this team lack toughness (something DC had) and durability ( again DC). After all of the complaining yall did when our former QB was here , you got what you wanted and we are left with an expensive benchweight and a turnover machine. I hate to say to you guys but.....I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

I dont know If i want a change at the top.....but something has to be done....or we will continue be the doormat of the league.... I do not think any koolaid will heal me today.

junior
11-09-2008, 03:12 PM
I have been rooting for the Houston Texans since their inception and I will continue to support them. However, I will not take a team that folds up when facing adversity. They lack testicular fortitude.....they lack well..... heart. Offense and defense showed me absolutely nothing. I am not sure I think Kubiak should be fired but after today's performance I think he should be nervous about loosing this team. The Def Cordinator should be fired at 3:01 today and the Texans need to find a QB right now...not in draft...... not in offseason but now. The quarterbacks on this team lack toughness (something DC had) and durability ( again DC). After all of the complaining yall did when our former QB was here , you got what you wanted and we are left with an expensive benchweight and a turnover machine. I hate to say to you guys but.....I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

I dont know If i want a change at the top.....but something has to be done....or we will continue be the doormat of the league.... I do not think any koolaid will heal me today.

What is this heart thing you speak of?

Runner
11-09-2008, 03:15 PM
What is this heart thing you speak of?

I believe part of it is leadership. But rest assured, I've been told there is plenty of leadership on the team when I mentioned its lack a couple of weeks ago. So, at least there aren't any leadership issues. :sarcasm:

Leahmic223
11-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I actually...realistically...asked myself..."Why do I watch Football?"

I don't plan on rooting for any other team...but if they are going to play like this I'd rather just not watch.

Vinny
11-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Finding hard nosed football players starts at the top. Bobby Grier (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/FrontOfficeBio.asp?front_office_id=61) needs to be fired since he has been director of Pro Scouting since the teams inception. This team is soft as a marshmallow and much of that rests in the disposition of the players scouted and the finesse schemes of our coordinators.

Mr teX
11-09-2008, 03:23 PM
i think Kubes may have lost the team today....it just seemed like they completely quit on him today after the Heap TD....

In the past when people have called for Kube's head, i've been more inclined to say "give him 1 more year to get a bit more talent.....etc" just b/c i know Capers & Casserly left us in a bad situation talent wise. But this season watching the same mistakes being made, the terrible calls & clock management & personnel decisions, i wouldn't even be upset if Mcnair decided to go in another direction.

LonerATO
11-09-2008, 03:26 PM
All good points made here about why this team just sucks right now. I cant even get mad at these guys anymore, I just have to laugh at it. I would love to see coaching changes made and I m sure that wont happen.

DiehardChris
11-09-2008, 03:27 PM
They totally quit today. Sickening.

Leahmic223
11-09-2008, 03:28 PM
i think Kubes may have lost the team today....it just seemed like they completely quit on him today after the Heap TD....

In the past when people have called for Kube's head, i've been more inclined to say "give him 1 more year to get a bit more talent.....etc" just b/c i know Capers & Casserly left us in a bad situation talent wise. But this season watching the same mistakes being made, the terrible calls & clock management & personnel decisions, i wouldn't even be upset if Mcnair decided to go in another direction.

I wouldn't be upset either way.

He still doesn't have the talent i think...but at the same time this team continues to turn it over in the redzone and make the same mistakes, and today it looked like we were ready to just tank the season.

dtran04
11-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I'll take a QB with a brain over heart.

Carr Bombed
11-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Finding hard nosed football players starts at the top. Bobby Grier (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/FrontOfficeBio.asp?front_office_id=61) needs to be fired since he has been director of Pro Scouting since the teams inception. This team is soft as a marshmallow and much of that rests in the disposition of the players scouted and the finesse schemes of our coordinators.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way... I just pretty much said the same thing in the "QB thread".

cowbellm00
11-09-2008, 03:33 PM
:texflag: there's always next year :)

aren't you tired of saying that too? i know i am.

I actually...realistically...asked myself..."Why do I watch Football?"

I don't plan on rooting for any other team...but if they are going to play like this I'd rather just not watch.

imatexan
11-09-2008, 03:37 PM
This game just killed any sort of hope, makes me sick.

Blake
11-09-2008, 03:39 PM

But our o-line needs time to gel!!!! haha

What other excuses have we made for this team?

Also, the only way they get a new coach is if its a big time big name coach like Bill C or Marty S.

Carr Bombed
11-09-2008, 03:39 PM

I have said "there's always next year" so many times, it's turning into "next decade".

eriadoc
11-09-2008, 03:41 PM
At least I am not spending money on this product anymore. That makes me happy.

Mr teX
11-09-2008, 03:42 PM
But our o-line needs time to gel!!!! haha

What other excuses have we made for this team?

Also, the only way they get a new coach is if its a big time big name coach like Bill C or Marty S.

Cowher isn't coming out i don't think, but I'd be ecstatic if we could get our hands on Marty.

Maddict5
11-09-2008, 03:44 PM

dont worry..the team quit on sage today. thats all

Honoring Earl 34
11-09-2008, 03:45 PM

I thought maybe you were talking about Bob wanting nice guys .

Hookem Horns
11-09-2008, 03:47 PM
At least I am not spending money on this product anymore. That makes me happy.

I started to agree with you there because I no longer am losing money on tickets, however I am shelling out around $300 hosting this site so I can't say I am not spending money on this "product".

BTW, if anyone knows of any better hosting alternatives that will support a board of this size and traffic volume I all ears.

Runner
11-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Why? It looks like a fair to middling coach would be an upgrade.

TexanSam
11-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Why? It looks like a fair to middling coach would be an upgrade.

I don't think McNair is willing to take another chance on a coordinator who's never been a head coach before if he were to fire Kubiak.

spurstexanstros
11-09-2008, 03:53 PM
At this point I am seriously thinking of giving up sports entirely...it may be the loss talking but all my sports teams suck....Spurs.....Texans...Astros. Shoot the Aggies suck and i just root for them cause I hate UT in Austin

They are keeping me from finishing my thesis...enjoying a Monday morning working at UTSA...playing video games....( No more Madden cause I ma getting but kicked there as well)

I wonder what I can doo with my spare time...gardening...watching....well material suited for adults...take up a mistress...run for office...anything will be beter than feeling like I do right now...

Sigh.. I have to pulll out last Spurs title DVD curl up in the fetal position and shout..WINNERS....WINNERS... MY KINGDOM FOR WINNERS

Runner
11-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I don't think McNair is willing to take another chance on a coordinator who's never been a head coach before if he were to fire Kubiak.

I didn't say that. A fair to middling guy who has been a head coach before probably exists.

Carr Bombed
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
At this point I am seriously thinking of giving up sports entirely...it may be the loss talking but all my sports teams suck....Spurs.....Texans...Astros. Shoot the Aggies suck and i just root for them cause I hate UT in Austin

They are keeping me from finishing my thesis...enjoying a Monday morning working at UTSA...playing video games....( No more Madden cause I ma getting but kicked there as well)

I wonder what I can doo with my spare time...gardening...watching....well material suited for adults...take up a mistress...run for office...anything will be beter than feeling like I do right now...

Sigh.. I have to pulll out last Spurs title DVD curl up in the fetal position and shout..WINNERS....WINNERS... MY KINGDOM FOR WINNERS

Atleast one of your teams have been one of the most consistent and biggest winners in the last decade...........no offense, but it's hard for me to feel sorry for somebody that has watched his team win 4 titles in the past decade.

Try being a Texans, Astros, and a ROCKETS fan.

LonerATO
11-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I think next time McNair goes after a coach he shouldnt be trying to get a guy who is going to say he can win with a over paid player

Carr Bombed
11-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I didn't say that. A fair to middling giuy who has been a head coach before probably exists.

If McNair hires Wade Phillips I'll officially not be a Texans fan anymore....which I never before thought was possible, but Wade would be the final straw.