PDA

View Full Version : Sage Rosenfels 19/31 269 1 4

b0ng
11-09-2008, 02:54 PM
So pretty much, we all agree that he's not the guy right?

Ryan
11-09-2008, 02:56 PM
He has become like Brad Lidge after that shot he gave up to Pooholes. After that Indy game his confidence that he had last year has been blown.

But i don't see him redeeming himself like Lidge has.

b0ng
11-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Change of scenery doesn't usually work as well in Football as it does in baseball.

Texanballer
11-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Terrible play. Most embarrasing lost i seen

J-Russ
11-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Don't forget the safety... that was so his fault.

NFL's Trash Player of the Week.

DiehardChris
11-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Eat it, WE WANT SAGE people.

Are you ************ convinced yet?

ziggy29
11-09-2008, 03:21 PM
In my opinion, he has some talent and is a good QB when things are going well. But when he suffers a little bit of adversity, he falls apart like a cheap suit. He absolutely melts down after he makes a really bad play and makes a lot more bad plays.

I think the comparison between Lidge and the Pujols blast and Sage and the Indy meltdown is a pretty good one. He can't battle through adversity, so it seems. Apparently what Lidge needed was a change of scenery to exorcise his demons... I'm not sure that would help the Rosencopter, and I'm not sure he has the raw talent (like Lidge) where another team would go after him and give him the ball.

nero THE zero
11-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Eat it, WE WANT SAGE people.

Yep.

The only positive I can get out of today is vindication from the Sage crowd. Of course, I said the same thing after the Indy game and now we're 3-6. So, bleh.

Mailman
11-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I think the comparison between Lidge and the Pujols blast and Sage and the Indy meltdown is a pretty good one. He can't battle through adversity, so it seems. Apparently what Lidge needed was a change of scenery to exorcise his demons... I'm not sure that would help the Rosencopter, and I'm not sure he has the raw talent (like Lidge) where another team would go after him and give him the ball.

This is incorrect, as anyone who watched Lidge pitch last year will tell you. IMO there exists a comeback narrative about Lidge that just isn't quite accurate. In order to be a "comeback" player you really have to suck. He didn't suck last season, and his 2007 stats prove it. Lidge was pitching hurt and it affected his fastball command such that he wasn't able to dominate like he did in the past. Regardless, he was still quite good and effective.

Also, the Astros won that NLCS series in six games. The comparison is bogus.

Ole Miss Texan
11-09-2008, 03:41 PM
So pretty much, we all agree that he's not the guy right?

Sadly, I'm sure there are still some people that think he's better than Schaub.

Silver Oak
11-09-2008, 03:55 PM
some of us had the Raven defense today. :)

b0ng
11-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Sadly, I'm sure there are still some people that think he's better than Schaub.

I'm not saying he's worse than Schaub but,

He's worse than Schaub.

Mr teX
11-09-2008, 04:15 PM
eat it, we want sage people.

lol......

texasguy346
11-09-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm not saying he's worse than Schaub but,

He's worse than Schaub.

Schaub probably could've played better on one leg than Rosenfels did today. The worst part is he easily could've had two more interceptions if it hadn't been for AJ making two great catches to save his ass.

texanfreak
11-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Hell, I wouldn't have minded the 4 INT's if he was throwing bombs.
But were talking 8-10 yard passes hell one was a 1 yarder what kind of **** is that?

Sage had a chance to redeem himself today and he looked like crap. I would say he looked like a rookie but look what Flacco did.

to quote Charlie Brown:

" GOOD GRIEF"
:gun: