PDA

View Full Version : New D Mix

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Bentley, Adibi (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6101253.html) inject great enthusiasm with limited experience. Coley brought up from PS to replace Bentley on ST.

Bentley (6-0, 240 pounds)prides himself on his special-teams contributions and has expressed reluctance to give up that role because he believes it to be no less important than contributing at linebacker.

I hope nothing changes at all, he said. I dont want to come off special teams. I feel like I can do both. I feel like Im the leader of that group. I dont want to lose that.

Bentleys enthusiasm is laudable, but coach Gary Kubiak admitted Texans special-teams coach Joe Marciano will have to be smart in how he uses Bentley.

Thats the kind of kid he is, Kubiak said. But if hes on the field for 50, 60 snaps of defense, Joes got to find a way to give him a break, too.

The Texans activated linebacker Kevis Coley for that purpose. Rookie Xavier Adibi will also see his first action at linebacker.

Bentley signed as a free agent last offseason after spending three years with Cleveland and three in Seattle, where he played in a Super Bowl. Fourteen of his 22 career starts at linebacker came as a Brown in 2003. As a Seahawk, he was the understudy for three players who went to Pro Bowls, receiving only five starts.

As a Texan, Bentley has played linebacker for just a handful of snaps.

We will all be holding our breaths seeing if the new crew plays up to their enthusiasm, or joins the performance level of most of the remaining D.

DocBar
11-08-2008, 03:31 PM
I just hope I can quit holding my nose.