PDA

View Full Version : Will the Jags-Texans MNF game be cancelled?

Texanballer
11-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Both teams are 3-5, not sure people will tune in if both are several games under .500

Yankee_In_TX
11-07-2008, 02:50 PM
I don't believe they contractually can. And there have been some CRAPPY MNF games.

Specnatz
11-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Only Sunday games have the flex schedule so it is still set for monday night and will not or can not be changed.

Showtime100
11-07-2008, 03:00 PM
My post got removed. I thought Texanballer was kidding and I resonded as though it was funny, which I thought it was.

Now we don't have bold print anymore. I feel like I'm in Williamson County. Would the mod that took my post out pm me and explain why? Not that my post was important, just disconcerting to have a post removed, especially one that wasn't negative.

gtexan02
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
We dont' have bold font anymore?

Showtime100
11-07-2008, 03:25 PM
We dont' have bold font anymore?

I swear when I posted we didn't. The icon was gone and under my sig where Brando's name is was the thing. [B]Curious.

rush2112mn
11-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Both teams are 3-5, not sure people will tune in if both are several games under .500

schedule is set in stone....how do you know we will be under .500 in dec....or are you already thinking losses?

Negative threads like this one I could care less for......

TxDavid
11-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Only Sunday games have the flex schedule so it is still set for monday night and will not or can not be changed.

Exactly. From NFL.com:

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

Begins Sunday of Week 11
In effect during Weeks 11-17
Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.
Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
NFL schedules all games.
Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

Double Barrel
11-07-2008, 04:58 PM
My post got removed. I thought Texanballer was kidding and I resonded as though it was funny, which I thought it was.

Now we don't have bold print anymore. I feel like I'm in Williamson County. Would the mod that took my post out pm me and explain why? Not that my post was important, just disconcerting to have a post removed, especially one that wasn't negative.

I don't see any removed posts... :confused:

Not sure about the bold thing. My sig was doing some funny stuff earlier, so I took out the [B] and [I].

Showtime100
11-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't see any removed posts... :confused:

Not sure about the bold thing. My sig was doing some funny stuff earlier, so I took out the [B] and [I].

It's entirely possible I hit preview and thought I posted. I'm old and don't see very well anymore :gun: . Anyway, no biggie, I was just curious.

Yeah, for a good five minutes earlier the B icon was missing and I had to redo my sig. Thanks for the comeback, DB. :)

Yankee_In_TX
11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
It's entirely possible I hit preview and thought I posted. I'm old and don't see very well anymore :gun: . Anyway, no biggie, I was just curious.

Yeah, for a good five minutes earlier the B icon was missing and I had to redo my sig. Thanks for the comeback, DB. :)

Soooo, what was the sarcastic post? lol

Hookem Horns
11-07-2008, 06:12 PM
I heard in Austin ESPN has elected to show a documentary on Vince Young instead of the MNF game.

BTW, we can't type in all bold anymore? How are some posters going to stand out over others now?

Edit ... ah crap it still works. I was going to give props to whomever activated that feature.

Showtime100
11-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Soooo, what was the sarcastic post? lol

Uh-oh, he's on to me.....:spy:

:)

b0ng
11-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I heard in Austin ESPN has elected to show a documentary on Vince Young instead of the MNF game.

BTW, we can't type in all bold anymore? How are some posters going to stand out over others now?

I'm sure some of us will find a way

Hookem Horns
11-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm sure some of us will find a way

I know you will.

TxDavid
11-07-2008, 06:35 PM

That's funny - I wouldn't put it past stinK-EYE

b0ng
11-07-2008, 06:37 PM
I know you will.

I try

Runner
11-07-2008, 07:03 PM

Lucidity, logic, and eloquence?

That would stand out more than any fancy font. It would take somewhat more skill than pushing a button though.

False Start
11-07-2008, 07:03 PM
omgz lolz!!!

Great thread. :heh:

There have been worse MNF games than Texans v. Jags. The rivalry aspect of it will help make up for the records I think. These two teams always play good games.

ATXtexanfan
11-07-2008, 08:14 PM
this thread broke my heart at first, i took vacation that week so i could make it. whew, can't wait

Norg
11-08-2008, 01:11 AM
thats like 4 weeks away me think

who to say either team will have a few more wins or loses

and football is football any team on tv is worth watching if your a Football fantic

Texans34Life
11-08-2008, 11:32 AM
If they can put the Cards and 49ers on MNF every single year, I'm pretty sure they'll allow the Texans/Jags.

The1ApplePie
11-08-2008, 01:33 PM
I have tickets to it and it will probably be Reggie Bowl v2

I do want to see how Chris Brown blows field goals "totally not on purpose" live!

b0ng
11-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I have tickets to it and it will probably be Reggie Bowl v2

I do want to see how Chris Brown blows field goals "totally not on purpose" live!

How is it Reggie Bowl v2 when the two worst teams in the league (Detroit, Cincy) aren't playing in it? That's just an ignorant statement and makes me think you weren't watching football when the first Reggie Bowl happened.

Also, Kris Brown hasn't shanked too many field goals this year, so you might be disappointed there.

ziggy29
11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
If MNF were on CBS, KEYE would be petitioning the NFL to switch it to the Tacks game, whoever they are playing...

The1ApplePie
11-09-2008, 12:52 PM
How is it Reggie Bowl v2 when the two worst teams in the league (Detroit, Cincy) aren't playing in it? That's just an ignorant statement and makes me think you weren't watching football when the first Reggie Bowl happened.

Also, Kris Brown hasn't shanked too many field goals this year, so you might be disappointed there.

I meant it will be two teams trying to lose since they gain more than winning.

Kris Brown was obviously tanking games at the end of 2005 (the entire team was the last few). The man can make a kick when the pressure is on. Whether its nailing at 50 yarder or shanking a 30 yarder.

NBT
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
That was 3 years ago laddybuck! Little outdated, wouldn't you say? :shades:

junior
11-09-2008, 03:09 PM
No it won't but I think it will be moved to ESPNU because the Texans play is only worthy of being on the same channel as Katy High School was on this year.