PDA

View Full Version : What I know

Grid
11-03-2008, 01:29 AM
I know that we have a good core to this team

I know that we are on the fast track to being a contender

I know that we will make the playoffs soon, but not this year.

I know that Kubiak is the right coach for this team right now.

I know that we need more talent on defense.

I know that its too soon to be harsh with our offensive line.

I know that Schaub has issues, and so does sage, but..

I know that we COULD make the playoffs with these two guys.

I know that, after seeing this game, we are not an elite team.

I know that we arent far from being one.

So... this isnt our year.. and that sucks more ass than I can convey in text. But I like where we are going.. and im willing to give this staff another year to see if they can fix the problems we have left.

We have the receivers..we have the RBs..we have the Olinemen.. we have some good Dlinemen..and we have some good LBs..

We need help in the secondary..and on the Dline..and in the LBs.. and we need to keep an eye out for an established QB that we could trade for/sign. I think we can go forward with Schaub/Sage... but ive lost faith in them as "the answer" at QB.

I wonder if Castle..from NE..will be up for trade once Brady comes back.

Kulluminatii
11-03-2008, 01:50 AM
I agree with you 100%.

Maybe we could pick up Culpepper, isn't he supposed to be coming out of retirement?

If not, maybe we can pick up a rookie QB in the draft, Pat White from WVU should be solid, and he definitely won't cost an arm and a leg.

Carr Bombed
11-03-2008, 01:53 AM

So... this isnt our year.. and that sucks more ass than I can convey in text. But I like where we are going.. and im willing to give this staff another year to see if they can fix the problems we have left.

We have the receivers..we have the RBs..we have the Olinemen.. we have some good Dlinemen..and we have some good LBs..

We need help in the secondary..and on the Dline..and in the LBs.. and we need to keep an eye out for an established QB that we could trade for/sign. I think we can go forward with Schaub/Sage... but ive lost faith in them as "the answer" at QB.

Booo Matt Castle........HOORAY BEER!!! (which I think we've been all drinking)

Anyways, agree with just about everything you said, except Matt Castle...he's not the answer.

Carr Bombed
11-03-2008, 01:57 AM
I agree with you 100%.

Maybe we could pick up Culpepper, isn't he supposed to be coming out of retirement?

If not, maybe we can pick up a rookie QB in the draft, Pat White from WVU should be solid, and he definitely won't cost an arm and a leg.

Pep just signed a two year deal with the Lions.......anyways even if he didn't, I'd take Schaub and Sage over him......man some of y'all are reaching here.

This draft really isn't the draft to grab "the guy".....Pat White is not a NFL QB, sorry.

However, the draft after that should be loaded with QBs though.

RTP2110
11-03-2008, 03:05 AM

I do agree with this. My only problem with the situation is that we could have said this same exact thing last season, and expected to go for the playoffs this year. Yes, we have a great core, but it's basically the same core we had last year. We didn't change much between then and now.

I think we still need a pretty big influx of talent to take the next step. And I say we need it all over on defense, and the o-line. Schaub only seems to struggle when the line does. When he gets time, he's great.

ObsiWan
11-03-2008, 07:37 AM

I know that we arent far from being one .

We've lost five games so far. But when I look back, we've only been truly blown away in one of those. Kubiak's Kids battled to the end in all the others and had chances to win every one of the other four.

That's what makes us crazy. Because when we fans see those chances get away because of a fumble or INT or a missed tackle we want someone's head.

But the answer isn't to take Kubiak's head.
The answer is upgrades.
We need 2-3 more Eric Winston-types on our line.
We need a Pat Williams-type DT playing next to Amobi/Travis.
We need a cover corner with speed to keep up with the Lee Evanses and Bernard Berrians in this league.
And I don't have to tell anyone that Weaver's spot and Greenwood's spot could use more production.

So we're on the right track. But we aren't playoff quality just yet.

HJam72
11-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Only thing I would add is that I think the secondary issues are the most pressing of them all. I don't know how Molden will turn out or what Bennett will do in the future, but this team won't be good until opposing QBs stop salivating upon inspection of the secondary. I don't care how good the rest of the team is, that has to change.

HJam72
11-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Assuming things don't completely fall apart, I'd stick with Kubiak and MOST of his staff for the long hall. That goes for our GM as well, but they have to do something about my above post.

Kulluminatii
11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Pep just signed a two year deal with the Lions.......anyways even if he didn't, I'd take Schaub and Sage over him......man some of y'all are reaching here.

This draft really isn't the draft to grab "the guy".....Pat White is not a NFL QB, sorry.

However, the draft after that should be loaded with QBs though.

What constitutes a "NFL QB"? Everyone thought JaMarcus Russell was a "NFL QB", but look at him now(and yes I know he's with the lowly Raiders but still......77 yards the whole f'ing game?!?!).

I know I sound a little desperate, but this team is so damn close to being "playoff-material", all it needs is a few key changes.

I am not saying Schaub sucks, but he's a hit-magnet, and that turns into injuries, and we can't have our starter injured non-stop. Rosenfels, idk, I say give the guy another chance, he definitely learned from his mistakes.

BUT, if he doesn't step up either this season, I say we should start looking for a new QB.

HJam72
11-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't think Rosenfels will ever learn from his mistakes. It's just not in him to slow down and accept that he ever can't get a first down. You're right about Schaub being a hit-magnet though. A hit magnet that makes very Rosenfelsesque passing mistakes when he feels that the team is losing the game. I think Schaub might be an awesome QB if we were always ahead....and Sage if he only played on first and second down.

FirstTexansFan
11-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I've not been impressed all year, and I'm still not convinced this isn't coaching issues, but I will say after yesterdays game, I wasn't as numb as usual :) This team was two plays away from winning this game. Take away Schaub's and Rosencopter's TO's, and we have at minimum a ten point swing. Defensively we did a good job on AP, just a few times we let him out of the gate. I won't point out the obvious deficiencies in our OL, DL, LB's, and Secondary :)

b0ng
11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
What constitutes a "NFL QB"? Everyone thought JaMarcus Russell was a "NFL QB", but look at him now(and yes I know he's with the lowly Raiders but still......77 yards the whole f'ing game?!?!).

Sorry but there were plenty of people who fell down laughing when AL FREAKING DAVIS picked russell over Quinn. Only a few pundits thought he would pan out.

I wouldn't bet on any of the QB's coming out being worth a top pick, but hey, I thought the same thing about Matt Ryan so who knows. I would rather not draft a tim tebow (VY 2.0 right there) or Pat White with a high draft pick. 4th round though? I'd be much better with that.

Kulluminatii
11-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Sorry but there were plenty of people who fell down laughing when AL FREAKING DAVIS picked russell over Quinn. Only a few pundits thought he would pan out.

I wouldn't bet on any of the QB's coming out being worth a top pick, but hey, I thought the same thing about Matt Ryan so who knows. I would rather not draft a tim tebow (VY 2.0 right there) or Pat White with a high draft pick. 4th round though? I'd be much better with that.

Yeah, well, I already knew one single player wouldn't make the Raiders any better. Once Al is gone, then maybe the Raiders will finally start winning some games. Its funny, Raiders pay their players the most out of all the NFL teams, yet its easy to see that not one(with the exception of Nnamdi, who is seriously underpayed) is worth the amount they receive. Also, it seems like players shine when they get out of the Black Hole, look at Kerry Collins now:gun:

Anyways, back on topic. Yeah I agree, that is why I am saying Pat White wouldn't be a bad choice, we definitely could get him 4th, maybe even 5th. Then again, all the Texans really need right now to be a "playoff-material" team(besides a new D coach) is a QB, so why not spend a 1st round pick on one?:thinking:

JayCee
11-03-2008, 01:58 PM
We need a Pat Williams-type DT playing next to Amobi/Travis.

how likely is it that the Titans will let Haynesworth go?

would love to have that guy on our d line.

Norg
11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
u know our O line is not has bad has u think it is

Brown -SOlid rising roookie and even if does do bad hes got a vet like saalam 2 back him up

Winston- Has been the most consenit of the line

Myers-yes he choked last game but usually is a all around good center wayyyy better then WHite who couldnt Cut it

they only thing is we could use some upgrades PItts cant cut it anymore and the big white dude whos name i forgot can deff be upgraded

austintexanite
11-03-2008, 02:59 PM

With you except for Cassel.

badboy
11-03-2008, 05:10 PM

I wonder if Castle..from NE..will be up for trade once Brady comes back.Yes, but are there teams that do not have a pro bowl top 3 if not the best WR in NFL, a probowler@ MLB, a probowl alternate at safety, first rounders at each position on Dline, 1st round at CB, 1st round LT and you know where I am going with this. Time for this team to step up and be somebody.

ObsiWan
11-03-2008, 06:05 PM
how likely is it that the Titans will let Haynesworth go?

would love to have that guy on our d line.

if they have ANY sense, not very likely at all.
but I agree, I'd love to have someone just like him on our side

brakos82
11-03-2008, 06:56 PM

Except for Cassel, I've gotta agree with you... well, maybe for a 6th/7th or something, but that's about it.

Mr. White
11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I know that we're better than we used to be, but that ain't saying much. At least we can beat the really bad teams nowadays.

I remember a lot of close games the year we went 2-14 too. But at the end of the day, a loss is still a loss.

We're not improving in the areas we should be improving.

Norg
11-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I know we are the KIng of teh loser teams