PDA

View Full Version : Midway Point.

imatexan
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM
We are 3-5 and 2 games out of the playoffs

Did we expect much more? Especially after an 0-4 start?

What will we do in the second have?

I expected us to be 4-4 and about 2 games back from the playoffs.

I see us going either 5-3 or 6-2 the remainder of the season, still a far hope for the playoffs but how the AFC is this year, who knows.

Lucky
11-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I expect the Texans to be home for the playoffs. Again. But, I'm willing to be proven wrong.

spurstexanstros
11-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I guess I will still remain consitant even though I am gonna take a pounding on this one. (even though I said it when everyone was predicting 11-5 or 13-3)

10-6 until proven otherwise. ( hey I got two more losses, any one for a 7 game win streak????)

brakos82
11-02-2008, 05:56 PM
8-8, outside shot at 9-7.

Norg
11-02-2008, 05:59 PM
PLAYOFFS !!!! playoffs !!! are u kidding me playoffs !!!!

the dream ended we are not going to the playoffs

The jets get there biznass done they want to go to the WC Spot

U got to look at the PAts deff the Bills Balty dont forget the colts and chargers thoes are teams with WC spots not us

i see the season going u know week by week with sage giving us some winz
and loses

nothing to write history about what we should be doing is FIREING People and moving players around starting rookies but Capers is to conservite to do stuff like that during the season

i might even consider more losses then winz so we can get a good Draft pick yes i said it are season is OVER !!!!!!!

b0ng
11-02-2008, 06:03 PM

This post reminds me of Cowboy fans.

imatexan
11-02-2008, 06:08 PM

hahaha exactly.

Norg
11-02-2008, 06:09 PM

I hate the cowgirls with a passion dude iam no Cowboys fan

infact i hate the entire city of Dallas

Texans Horror
I expected a 10-6 season, but I expected the Texans to beat Indy at home, too. The Texans have shown me that, except for QBs who keep turning over the ball, they are at that point where they have become a decent team. An average team. Not a good team or a play-off team.

I expect two unfortunate things will factor into the team's troubles over the second half of the season: 1. Those QB turnovers. 2. Injuries/fatigue - Ike will make its presence known, and I think going into the last six games, having a bye week in the second week of the season will take its toll.

7-9. Not enough to fire Kubiak, but maybe Richard Smith.

brakos82
I hate the cowgirls with a passion dude iam no Cowboys fan

infact i hate the entire city of Dallas
Sounds like all of the guys in my family, me included...

ObsiWan
11-02-2008, 06:27 PM
We are 3-5 and 2 games out of the playoffs

Did we expect much more? Especially after an 0-4 start?

What will we do in the second have?

I expected us to be 4-4 and about 2 games back from the playoffs.

I see us going either 5-3 or 6-2 the remainder of the season, still a far hope for the playoffs but how the AFC is this year, who knows.

not really.
Still too many spots that need upgrading.
I figured somewhere in the 7-9 to 9-7 range. I'm sticking with that. We'll need to win out at home - doable, and find a way to win a couple on the road - questionable.

DeMeco needs to sit out a game and get healthy. I'm not sure if he's as effective as he needs to be playing on a bum wheel. And he could be doing permanent damage.

ATXtexanfan
11-02-2008, 06:29 PM
fighting chance at 8-8

texanhead08
11-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I thought this year we may take a step backwards in order to take 2 steps foward next year. This defense is too bad to be a playoff team. The offense has to be perfect and we know with how turnover prone we can be thats not possible.

Thorn
11-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Until the Texans prove they can beat someone else other than crappy teams, they aren't getting anywhere near the playoffs.

J-Russ
11-02-2008, 07:40 PM
7-9 / 8-8 season, draft Tim Tebow with our mid-first pick.

Htownsportsfan
11-02-2008, 07:41 PM
I expected it to be tough early because of our achedule and the strength of the AFC South. The worst part to me is the AFC South is not near as tough as we all thought it would be coming into this year. TN is playing mistake free hard nose football but Indy and Jacksonville have major issue and are games we could have won. Hell the Jags lost to Cincy today after we ripped them apart last week. Its a damn shame we keep making so many mistakes and losing games we should win because we could be in sole position of second in the AFC south and in great position in the wildcard. Oh well what ifs dont count!

gg no re
11-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Guys, our team is simply unpredictable, which makes us perfect to be ..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAiqC4ECOns)

To be serious though, 7-9 is reasonable (and it's a better step back than going from 7-9 to 2-14). 8-8 is assuming we get our stuff together.

Runner
11-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I think most of the board had the Texans over .500 due to constantly improving under Kubiak. Some changed to less than that after the 0-4 start of the season. During pre-season though the main damper to play-off talk was generally how tough the division would be. Projections didn't meet reality in a number of ways.

It is too bad the Texans haven't been able to capitalize on unexpectedly weak divisional play.

hradhak
11-02-2008, 08:20 PM
I really expected us to beat the Vikings. Especially after winning 3 in a row and doing something that good teams are supposed to do -- pound a bad opponent.

I think the hammer needs to come down soon. If our QBs continue to turn over the ball, we need to start looking for someone who will protect better.

I was hopeful at the beginning of the season for a 10-6, especially with the weak schedule we were playing. I think 8-8 will be the best we can do though

jaayteetx
11-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Defense sucks, 9-7 at best, 6-10 at worst

Norg
11-02-2008, 10:29 PM
well its wk8 and we know alot about how are team is shaping up thats for sure

Texan JBZ
11-02-2008, 11:33 PM
7-9 / 8-8 season, draft Tim Tebow with our mid-first pick.

Tebow??? Yuck, that would be a wasted pick. IMO, the best pro QB prospect in the country won't be coming out this year. His name - Jimmy Clausen.

On the Texans, I see..hmmm, 8-8 maybe. If the offense can ever stop turning the damn ball over, I can see a definite 8-8 with a 9-7 possibility.

HJam72
11-03-2008, 08:02 AM
6-10

Richard Smith replaced in offseason. Texans don't have to look far for his replacement. Next year we take that big jump we've been waiting for forever, but we will still be a first round loser. Kubiak is learning on the job, but he is learning well.

Speedy
11-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Until the Texans prove they can beat someone else other than crappy teams, they aren't getting anywhere near the playoffs.

Not only that, beating someone other than crappy teams on the road.

Only THREE TIMES in Texans history have they beat a team that ended the season with a winning record, on the road.

Jacksonville - '04
Miami - '03
Pittsburgh - '02 (the 45 yards of offense game)

THAT'S IT!!!

This football team on the road is a flat out embarrassment and they're not taking any steps toward being a playoff contender until they start winning road games, and not just against the bad teams.

Malloy
11-03-2008, 10:33 AM

I just gave up halfway through...

Double Barrel
11-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Only THREE TIMES in Texans history have they beat a team that ended the season with a winning record, on the road.

wow....did not know that...probably didn't need to know that... :headhurts:

This team has more negative milestones than positive ones...probably like a 10 to 1 ratio or something crazy.

Thorn
11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
At the midway point, I am now seeing the Texans at 6-10 for the year. The three games they win are Jaguars and Bears at home and Oakland on the road.

The offense is a good RB (to compliment Slaton) and a few linemen short of being able to really force their will on good defenses. Neither Schaub or Rosencopter will ever be elite QBs, but they are both good enough to get us there IF they have a decent surrounding cast.

As to the defense, jeeezzzzzz......., where does one start? Both a lack of players and good coaching are the problems. If Richard Smith is back next year as DC, I'm gonna throw a serious tantrum on this BBS. From the line to the safties there are hugh holes in the talent level on our defense. Don't look for that to get fixed in one offseason.

I hate to say this, but I don't think playoffs are in our picture until the 2010 season. I don't think all this will get fixed in the upcoming off season. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

UK_Texan
11-04-2008, 02:34 AM
Being optimistic i would like to see us finish on par with last season 8-8, beating Ravens, Browns, Jags, Raiders and bears.

That wouldnt be to bad, but dont think ill bet my house on that yet

beerlover
11-04-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm living the Texans nightmare in our very own Texanstalk FFL. every week it seems like something new & unexpected happens. not unlike the Texans season at all, 3-5 til this week now 4-5. I still feel a winning record is possible & sneaking into the winners bracket an outside chance :)