PDA

View Full Version : How can this team further justify throwing Jacque Reeves on the field?

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 01:52 PM
He is absolutely horrible......every week it's the same thing. Offenses singling out Reeves. I mean Bennett was benched becuase of a couple missed tackles, but this guy holds on to his job when he constantly gives up big plays and TDs. He is our Jason David..........what the hell did Rick Smith see in this guy. It makes me almost question Rick Smith's ability. I mean Dallas' safeties were horrible so it's not like they were able to mask how crappy Reeves was.....I just don't get it.

Bench this turd already....he sucks

powerfuldragon
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
he was your best friend when he returned that INT for six.

stingray
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I agree. I guess Jacgue has some naked pics of Kubiak.

stingray
11-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Please, that was just dumb luck.

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 02:05 PM

No he wasn't......that damn pick fell right into his lap, if the receiver didn't drop the ball it would've just been another catch he gave up.

powerfuldragon
11-02-2008, 02:06 PM
we have to put reeves on the field when we don't have any other really good options at DB...

gtexan02
11-02-2008, 02:08 PM
We move Reeves off Berrian and put in Drob. And he gets burned AND give sup the TD. Reeves a least would have made he tackle

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 02:08 PM
we have to put reeves on the field when we don't have any other really good options at DB...

Just like I said last year about Faggins.....

I WOULD RATHER WATCH A ROOKIE GET BEAT WHILE HE'S LEARNING THE ROPES AND GETTING VALUE PLAYING TIME, THEN WATCH A CRAPPY VETERAN WHOSE MAXED OUT HIS POTENTIAL AND JUST FLAT OUT SUCKS.

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
My God......I should've benched Drew Brees and picked up Gus Frerotte

From now on, I'm playing the "Texans fantasy rule"............start all offensive players that are playing against the Houston Texans. Especially WRs and QBs

gtexan02
11-02-2008, 02:15 PM
My God......I should've benched Drew Brees and picked up Gus Frerotte

Just FWI, Drew Brees is on bye this week

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Just FWI, Drew Brees is on bye this week

Well you know what I mean.........to be honest I don't even have Drew Brees.....just was trying to pick a high profile QB to use as a example.

My QB was Romo and everybody took all the QBs so I'm stuck with David Anderson........I'm sure Gus Frerotte was available though. :(

Like I said...."Texan fantasy rule" from here on out.

TexanSam
11-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Does Molden even get on the field besides on special teams? All through training camp the coaches said he was further along then than Bennett was. Well this was around the time that Bennett got onto the field last season.

Speaking of Bennett, I don't know what he's done but why he isn't starting is beyond me. He can't do worse than Reeves. No possible way.

eriadoc
11-02-2008, 02:33 PM
We don't have any corners that can run with Berrian and we're bringing our safeties in to stop AP. The coaches probably ought to go ahead and put Molden in there to see if he can run with Berrian.

J-Russ
11-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Another reason to fired Smith. Thank god he came to his sense and got FAGgins out of these or else we wouldve been down 40 something to 7 at halftime.

Polo
11-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Our defense isn't yet at the level where we can make up for offensive short comings...

Offense has been tough on them today...

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Our defense isn't yet at the level where we can make up for offensive short comings...

Offense has been tough on them today...

Reeves gave up the big play that lead to a TD before the offense ever even took the field. Why the hell a corner who is lined up man to man bites on a play fake is completely beyond me.

LBs, safeties ok.........but a freaking man 2 man corner line up against the #1 receiver, peaking in the backfield. That play set the tone for the rest of the afternoon. It looked just like Jason David, that was also his big downfall. All you had to do was a little PA and you'd have a wide open receiver streaking down the sideline

Polo
11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
That score was exactly what the defense needed...

imatexan
11-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I would rather get rid of Faggins.

Polo
11-02-2008, 03:16 PM
defense has been o.k today...

stingray
11-02-2008, 03:31 PM

You must be watching another game. Defense has been pathetic.

Polo
11-02-2008, 03:34 PM

No...I'm watching the right game...

Defense has been about what they have always been....Pretty bad with some bright spots along the way...

The offense has performed well below par against a good defense....once again...

imatexan
11-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Defense was not bad at all today!

TexansFight
11-02-2008, 04:06 PM
The coaching staff does not hold players accountable whether it be turning the friggin ball over or getting burned on D. The head coach does not hold his assistants acountable for crap play. Read RICHARD SMITH. Winning teams don't have this problem.

AustinTexansFan
11-02-2008, 04:12 PM

Hallelujah.:foottap:

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 04:14 PM

Kinda reminds me of the start of that old "mad TV" scetch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xLsRI7-hBs

imatexan
11-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Kinda reminds me of the start of that old "mad TV" scetch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xLsRI7-hBs

How many turnovers did we have?

PapaL
11-02-2008, 04:18 PM

28 points given up by the D would disagree w/you.

rollinstone18
11-02-2008, 04:19 PM

Holding AD to 36 yards for the first half is not pathetic.

The second half though....

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 04:19 PM
How many turnovers did we have?

All the tunovers were deep in their territory........we didn't put our defense on a short field.

How many big gigantic plays did we give up against some career journeyman QB. How many 3rd a longs on little dump passes....or a freaking draw play.

The defense sucked just like the offense, today was a collective effort in suckage by both sides of the ball. The sad thing is......we were still in it at the end, if I was a Viking fan I'd be scared.

I will give this to the D though.......their run defense has been steadily improving over the last coupld of weeks.

gwallaia
11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Defensive back has to be our #1 priority in the draft.

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 04:22 PM

Sure, they did spiffy. They only gave up 4 TD's.

imatexan
11-02-2008, 04:22 PM
All the tunovers were deep in their territory........we didn't put our defense on a short field.

How many big gigantic plays did we give up against some career journeyman QB.

The answer is 3...ya it makes a difference.

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 04:23 PM

This thread wasn't about run defense....that's the only lone bright spot for the defense.

This thread is about Jacque Reeves and his impersonation of a NFL cornerback. Somebody needs to tell him Halloween is over.....he can take off his football player costume.

stingray
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM

But Making Ferrote look like Joe montana is pathetic.

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 04:25 PM
The answer is 3...ya it makes a difference.

Those 3 were like long punts.......it's not that big of a excuse.

The answer is our pass defense (Jacque Reeves) sucks.... ya it makes a difference.

ATXtexanfan
11-02-2008, 04:28 PM
reeves sucks, but his game is on the O and their turnovers, what if schaub had lead vonta on that pick or if sage lead the wr on his pick?

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 04:30 PM
reeves sucks, but his game is on the O and their turnovers, what if schaub had lead vonta on that pick or if sage lead the wr on his pick?

I put the blame on both........if the defense could've made some stops early, maybe our QBs wouldn't of been so hard pressed to make plays. Instead Vikes took a earlier lead and allowed their defense to play with a lead.

Everybody was a loser today. Defense, offense, AND (what nobody is taking about) SPECIAL TEAMS........Joe needs to get his boys together, the SPECIAL TEAMS blew.

imatexan
11-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Reeves sucks not denying that, Im saying for the situation our D was put into today they were not that bad.

rollinstone18
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
This thread wasn't about run defense....that's the only lone bright spot for the defense.

This thread is about Jacque Reeves and his impersonation of a NFL cornerback. Somebody needs to tell him Halloween is over.....he can take off his football player costume.

K, thanks. I can read the thread title. Did you read the post I quoted?

Norg
11-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Lets go radical !!!! our Secondary needs to BE CLEANED HOUSE !!! and not even Ryans our dunta will be safe MUAHAHAHAH :kingkong::kingkong: we are 0-3 in the divison and thats all that matters

i rest my case on the secondary

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
K, thanks. I can read the thread title. Did you read the post I quoted?

Ah yeah.........did you happen to read the post that I posted at the exact same time as your's...

I will give this to the D though.......their run defense has been steadily improving over the last couple of weeks.

No point in repeating it.

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Anyways, did any of y'all just hear how Dan Marino pronounced Jacque Reeves name?

It was something like (ja-qeef) Reeves. I thought that was funny.

DerekLee1
11-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Speaking of Bennett, I don't know what he's done but why he isn't starting is beyond me. He can't do worse than Reeves. No possible way.

He gets paid much, much less.

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Those 3 were like long punts.......it's not that big of a excuse.

The answer is our pass defense (Jacque Reeves) sucks.... ya it makes a difference.

Then I guess DRob and Bennett suck too. They gave up TD's as well.

Its good to see DRob back to his old falling down and giving up points way.

Reeves is not the problem. In fact if some could get over the peculiar and un-justified hatred for the man you would see he is a pretty solid player. He is a solid tackler, plays the run well, and if I am not mistaken is our INT leader.

Also, didn't he return one for a TD today?

I like Reeves. He is better than Bennett or Moulden or Faggins.

If we had some decent safeties we wouldn't even be talking about this.

imatexan
11-02-2008, 05:11 PM
In other news Mario gets another sack, no one is mentioning that.

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
In other news Mario gets another sack, no one is mentioning that.

Did you happen to see that Mario got his 8th sack of the year?

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Then I guess DRob and Bennett suck too. They gave up TD's as well.

Its good to see DRob back to his old falling down and giving up points way.

Reeves is not the problem. In fact if some could get over the peculiar and un-justified hatred for the man you would see he is a pretty solid player. He is a solid tackler, plays the run well, and if I am not mistaken is our INT leader.

Also, didn't he return one for a TD today?

I like Reeves. He is better than Bennett or Moulden or Faggins.

If we had some decent safeties we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Give me a break this is absolute nonsense.....no offense.

Drob is back from not playing football in about a year......atleast he has a excuse and please cut the "Reeves is our INT leader", that INT fell into his lap. Also THE GUY SHOULD BE OUR INT LEADER.........HE'S PICKED ON AND THROWN AT EVERY FREAKING SUNDAY.

Even the broadcasters were taking cracks at him today.

Reeves is not better than Bennett either......how many catches did Bennett give up today.....oh thats right, they spent the day picking on our best corner. :rolleyes:

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Give me a break this is absolute nonsense.....no offense.

Drob is back from not playing football in about a year......atleast he has a excuse and please cut the "Reeves is our INT leader", that INT fell into his lap. Also THE GUY SHOULD BE OUR INT LEADER.........HE'S PICKED ON AND THROWN AT EVERY FREAKING SUNDAY.

Even the broadcasters were taking cracks at him today.

Reeves is not better than Bennett either......how many catches did Bennett give up today.....oh thats right, they spent the day picking on our best corner. :rolleyes:

I think you need to take your hater glasses off.

27 tackles, 11 passes defensed, 2 INT, and an INT return for a TD.

What else does this man have to do to earn your respect?

And falling down has been Robinson's MO his entire career with the Texans. We would of won the Titan game last year if Robinson could of stopped a 30 yard pass completion to set up the game winning field goal.

Give me a break on the hating. Reeves is a pretty damn good man corner. But if you constantly leave your man on an island and you have spotty Safety play then of course your going to give up some big plays. Happens to all of them, Baily, Green, DRob, Samuels, Clements, ect.

Stop listening to closet Cowboy fans.

Jackie Chiles
11-02-2008, 07:59 PM

And falling down has been Robinson's MO his entire career with the Texans. We would of won the Titan game last year if Robinson could of stopped a 30 yard pass completion to set up the game winning field goal.

Give me a break on the hating. Reeves is a pretty damn good man corner. But if you constantly leave your man on an island and you have spotty Safety play then of course your going to give up some big plays. Happens to all of them, Baily, Green, DRob, Samuels, Clements, ect.

No way, Reeves has probably made more plays than I thought he would but he is just a bad corner. Also what was so terrible about the safety play today? Eugene Wilson has played well as has Ferguson. Our most talented CB combo would be a healthy D-Rob paired with Bennett but who knows when we will see it.

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM
No way, Reeves has probably made more plays than I thought he would but he is just a bad corner. Also what was so terrible about the safety play today? Eugene Wilson has played well as has Ferguson. Our most talented CB combo would be a healthy D-Rob paired with Bennett but who knows when we will see it.

See that is what I don't understand about some, why do you guys think Bennett is all that great? He can't even be out Faggins for a starting spot.

Jackie Chiles
11-02-2008, 08:09 PM
See that is what I don't understand about some, why do you guys think Bennett is all that great? He can't even be out Faggins for a starting spot.

I think that says more about the coaching than Bennett.

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 08:11 PM
I think that says more about the coaching than Bennett.

So its the coaching staffs fault that Faggins has out played Bennett?

imatexan
11-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Now people are hating on D-rob greatt, this is like when people were hating on AJ when we were 0-4

Jackie Chiles
11-02-2008, 08:16 PM
So its the coaching staffs fault that Faggins has out played Bennett?

Bennett has made more plays on the ball than Faggins and Reeves combined this year and he isn't playing at the level he played at last year. Not nearly. The only passes that Reeves defends are ones that fall right in his lap. Check out the play Bennett made against Harrison in the Colts game on a long pass. He runs with him with his eye on the ball the whole way and then bats it away. Thats what he did for us last year ALL THE TIME. Right now none of our corners are playing good ball but Bennett has the potential, I believe, to be a good cornerback. I actually think Faggins would be more valuable to the team than Reeves currently is but only if he is used in nickel/dime situations at best.

Norg
11-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Now people are hating on D-rob greatt, this is like when people were hating on AJ when we were 0-4

IMO the entire Secondary is on a short leash when it comes to me

D rob did fall flat on his butt and missed that tackle for a TD today and it has shown in the past he sometimes he struggles aganist tall Recivers because of his height

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 08:26 PM

I'm not hating, its just fact about DRob. He has always had a problem tripping on his own shadow. He is a hitter, not a shut down corner.

Bennett has made more plays on the ball than Faggins and Reeves combined this year and he isn't playing at the level he played at last year. Not nearly. The only passes that Reeves defends are ones that fall right in his lap. Check out the play Bennett made against Harrison in the Colts game on a long pass. He runs with him with his eye on the ball the whole way and then bats it away. Thats what he did for us last year ALL THE TIME. Right now none of our corners are playing good ball but Bennett has the potential, I believe, to be a good cornerback. I actually think Faggins would be more valuable to the team than Reeves currently is but only if he is used in nickel/dime situations at best.

Plays on the ball would equal passes defensed. He has 2 for the year and no INT's.

That play that you speak of on Harrison was b/c he tripped, recovered, and Manning under threw the ball.

texanhead08
11-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I agree. I guess Jacgue has some naked pics of Kubiak.

No I think Feagins owns those. I would rather they play Reeves instead of Feagins. Reeves has the pick 6 on his resume....Feagins doesn't have crap by images of being burnt for td's every game.

PapaL
11-02-2008, 08:48 PM

The fact that DRob is not his normal self, knocking off rust and still thinking about his injury is a fact and not hating. It's all part of getting back into the groove.

HJam72
11-02-2008, 08:56 PM
We need one really good corner, and then letting ALL these guys fight for that #2 spot would be WAY less depressing. My suggestion is we need not only do that, but load up on the secondary. I'm tired of this crap.

steelbtexan
11-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I would like to see Bennett & Molden get most of the PT @ CB.

D. ROB should be playing the nickel.

This is a good yearto pick up a CB in FA. N. Ash. Chris Gamble would be 2 that I would look @ signing but I'm sure Greir will find a way to screw it up.

The reason I want to get a look @ Molden is we need to see what we have going into the draft & FA.

FIRE DICK SMITH

BSofA04
11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Molden has been a monster on special teams. Can we give him some playing time?

steelbtexan
11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Does eveyone agree we should resign DROB or should we save the money & go after a top CB or DL in FA

hradhak
11-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I think it's too early to just give up on D Rob. I don't know if he'll ever be the same player he was but I think we should make that decision at the end of the season. I think regardless of what we do though our first pick should be a CB. Besides D Rob brings a certain fire to this team that we really need.

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Does eveyone agree we should resign DROB or should we save the money & go after a top CB or DL in FA

I would franchise him and see what he has got. Fully test that knee first before locking him up to a long term deal.

We should still have enough money to go after a big time DT.

You know, that Julius Peppers guy is going to be a FA unless the Panthers tag him.

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 11:00 PM

Please don't accuse me of listening to Cowboy fans........I don't need them to tell me what crap looks like, I can see it for myself and what we got here is a big mound of crap

When your the only corner that people are throwing the ball at your going to pad stats, so you need to go ahead and throw those right out the window.

Also Reeves is one of the crappiest man 2 man corners in the entire NFL.....he hardly ever makes a play on the ball. I mean in all my years of watching football, I don't think I've ever seen a corner who can get in correct position (yes he does that sometimes), but still can not break up the pass.......whether it be from just not deflecting the pass or by not even looking back for the ball.....he never looks back for the ball. He must've crapped himself when the ball landed right in his lap today.......he "goofed up" and ran right into a big play. Hell when you've had like a hundred balls thrown at you I guess a few are finally going to hit you in the hands.

Also don't bring Dunta into this, before he got hurt last year he was breaking up passes left and right and in only his second game back from a absolutely devastating injury he had a pick and dropped another pick.

Let me ask you this, if Reeves is our best cornerback.......then why the hell do teams GAME PLAN TO THROW AT HIM? What stupid coach in this league would say.........."Gee guys this is Sundays game plan, we're going to pick on their "best corner" all day......don't even bother throwing at those other crappy guys, nope that's too easy, we want a challenge......even though we have one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL, lets pick on thier #1 corner".

They don't, coaches don't do that......instead they try to capatolize on the other team's weaknesses....and Reeves is a glaring weakness, who's so glaring he's blowing up on game film around the league now.

What's happening to him is just like last season when Faggins got singled out.......Reeves is getting singled out, and it's for the very same reason.......because he sucks and is our worst corner right now.

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Please don't accuse me of listening to Cowboy fans........I don't need them to tell me what crap looks like I can see it for myself and what we got here is a big mound of crap

If Reeves is your definition of crap than what is sub category of crap cus the rest of our secondary falls into that.

When your the only corner, people are throwing the ball at your going to pad stats, so you need to go ahead and throw those right out the window.
They throw the ball plenty at other CB's. Reeves is the only guy constantly in position to make plays and is not 10 yards out of the TV screen.

Also Reeves is one of the crappiest man 2 man corners in the entire NFL.....he hardly ever makes a play on the ball.
Just b/c you keep saying it does not make it true. 11 passes defensed and 2 picks with one returned for a TD is plenty of making plays. He is Aaron Glen Beta lite. His one weakness is he is unable to turn his head to look for the ball down field. Other than that he is all over his guy.

I mean in all my years of football I don't think I've ever seen a corner who can get in correct position (yes he does that), but still can not break up the pass.......whether it be from just not deflecting the pass or by not even looking back for the ball.....he never looks back for the ball.
I agree he does not look back for the ball and one would think that Hoke should have addressed that by now.
He must've crapped himself when the ball landed right in his lap today.......he "goofed" up and ran right into a play, hell when you've had like a hundred balls thrown at you I guess a few are finally going to hit him in the hands

First it didn't just fall into his lap. It was tipped by Berrian and Reeves went and got it. Thats called making a play on the ball.

Also don't bring Dunta into this, before he got hurt last year he was breaking up passes left and right and in only his second game back he had a pick and dropped another pick.

Breaking up passes = passes defensed. DRobs best PD mark was 10 in 2006. DRob is a hitter, not a cover corner. He would rather let you catch it so he can unload on you. I am a big fan of DRob but his style of play with such a weak secondary has cost us games in the past. Teams have gone after him knowing that DRob will let you catch it. Again, perfect example of that was last years Titan game.

Let me ask you this, if Reeves is our best corner back.......then why the hell do teams GAME PLAN TO THROW AT HIM? What stupid coach in this league would say.........."Gee guys this is Sundays game plan, we're going to pick on their "best corner" all day......don't even bother throwing at those other crappy guys, nope that's too easy, we want a challenge......even though we have one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL, lets pick on thier #1 corner".

Who said that defenses plan to throw at Reeves?

Don't mistaken what I am saying, Reeves has his faults but he does make plays, he is in position, and he does hit. I like Reeves. He plays with a little bit of an attitude but he does have his faults.

What I am really saying is he is the least of our problems. When you have corners who can't beat out Faggins there are problems. And you can't even use the "Well the guy makes X amount of money so thats why he is starting" excuse cus all three make about the same. When Bennett and Molden, the supposed future of our secondary, can't break the starting line up we have problems.

I am totally comfortable with Reeves/Robinson as our two starting corners.

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Wow that rebuttal must've took an hour to type.........I don't have enough time in the day to quote you 20 different times, so if that was your plan you won.

I just find it absolutely funny you think teams are throwing at all of our CBs equally......that's absolutely laughable when even freaking TV commentators who don't even watch our team play every Sunday are cracking jokes about how bad Reeves is and how he's being picked on.

Also you need to stop with the 11 passes defensed.......because that is another inflated stat.....the guy gets targeted about 7-8 times a game.....gee he broke up a pass or two, but was french toast the rest of the Sunday afternoon. I mean you keep bringing up these stats that don't mean crap. Woo! he broke up 11 passes.......hell as much as people are throwing at him he should have about 20 defensed passes.

Also please stop saying he made a play on that damn ball, the ball deflected right off the receiver right into his lap....like I said earlier I'm suprised he didn't crap himself. Hell if the receiver caught the ball it would've just been another pass Reeves gave up........it's not like he jumped the route.

And as far as "who said defenses throw at Reeves".......uh that would be me, I can see for my own eyes that defenses throw at Reeves.....anybody that knows what they're looking at can identify when another team is targeting or picking on a corner....Reeves is being picked on. I saw the same crap last season with Faggins and started a thread very similar to this one right before he was benched.

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Wow that rebuttal must've took an hour to type.........I don't have enough time in the day to quote you 20 different times, so if that was your plan you won.

I just find it absolutely funny you think teams are throwing at all of our CBs equally......that's absolutely laughable when even freaking TV commentators who don't even watch our team play every Sunday are cracking jokes about how bad Reeves is and how he's being picked on.

Also you need to stop with the 11 passes defensed.......because that is another inflated stat.....the guy gets targeted about 8 times a game.....gee we broke up a pass or two, but was french toast the rest of the Sunday afternoon. I mean you keep bringing up these stats that don't mean crap. Woo! he broke up 11 passes.......hell as much as people are throwing at him he should have about 20 defensed passes.

Well if the TV commentators said it then it must be true.

All I am saying is that with as unstable of a secondary line up that we have Reeves has been our only constant. Bennett started the year off as our starter but could never stay in position, he lost, his starting job to Faggins. (That should tell you something right there) Faggins gets beat like an orphan in an Oliver Twist story and Molden can't even sniff the field.

One of the main reasons you see Reeves getting thrown at a lot is b/c we have 9 other guys on our defense giving Faggins support so he doesn't get lit up for another 80 yard score. Reeves has been left 1 on 1 the majority of the time and I think he has done a pretty solid job.

Carr Bombed
11-02-2008, 11:55 PM
I saw the same crap last season with Faggins and started a thread very similar to this one right before he was benched.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42531

Infact heres that thread I started last season....it's not that hard to identify when a corner is being targeted.

TEXANRED
11-02-2008, 11:58 PM

Infact heres that thread I started last season....it's not that hard to identify when a corner is being targeted.

How does this help your argument? Bennett and Molden can't beat out Faggins and you think Reeves is the problem?

Norg
11-03-2008, 12:01 AM
"Faggins gets beat like an orphan in an Oliver Twist story "

:user:

Carr Bombed
11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Well if the TV commentators said it then it must be true.

All I am saying is that with as unstable of a secondary line up that we have Reeves has been our only constant. Bennett started the year off as our starter but could never stay in position, he lost, his starting job to Faggins. (That should tell you something right there) Faggins gets beat like an orphan in an Oliver Twist story and Molden can't even sniff the field.

Bennett lost his job, because he was blowing tackles.....it didn't have much to do with his coverage.........I was against the move and if you notice apparently the coaches are starting to realize they messed up to, because he's getting more and more snaps.

The only thing that Reeves has been consistent on is being consistently toasted......we've already completely swapped out our safeties and he still stinks. Deep down inside I think it's now a pride issue with our coaches and GM. They spent all this money on this cat and don't wand to admit to the gaff that they made......If you want a example of this all you have to do is drive up the road to NOLA. It was clear Jason David was the worst CB in the NFL, but the Saints wouldn't admit that their prize FA acquission was a complete wash. Different town, different team, same story.

P.S.

as far as "believing what the TV commentators say"....um one of those TV commentators was a great player for the Dynasty 49ers......I think he knows bad CB play when he sees it.

One of the main reasons you see Reeves getting thrown at a lot is b/c we have 9 other guys on our defense giving Faggins support so he doesn't get lit up for another 80 yard score. Reeves has been left 1 on 1 the majority of the time and I think he has done a pretty solid job.

No one of the main reasons why I see Reeves lit up is because teams now have the M.O. on him......Faggins hardly even played yesterday...infact I don't even remember seeing him on the field. I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett didn't already get his starting job back after the Lions game.

They saw a guy with blazing speed (which Reeves had) and they were desperate and signed him....look at the cowboys, they freaking traded for Pacman for christ sakes (I mean C'mon) and spent a 1st rounder on another damn CB. It was pretty obvious that they were bleeding for any help what so ever in the secondary, but instead they took one look at Reeves and gladly waived goodbye....that's all you need to know about him.

Texan JBZ
11-03-2008, 12:14 AM
How does this help your argument? Bennett and Molden can't beat out Faggins and you think Reeves is the problem?

TexanRed, I think it has more to do with personal feelings than anything else. Faggins isn't playing better than Bennett. Reeves isn't playing better than Bennett. None of them are playing any better than the other guy.

With that being said, I'll go ahead and contradict myself by saying that I don't know what the hell is going through this coaching staff mind's when they throw the two Petey's on the field. Why has Petey Reeves been given immunity from the bench? The guy has absolutely no ball skills. None. Faggins..well what more can I say?! I'd rather take my chances with Bennett and Dunta starting right now.

And another thing: Why is it that players like Demps, Bennett, and Jacoby can be demoted at the drop of a dime while guys like Myers, Brisiel, Reeves, and Greenwood are basically safe from competition? Mind bloggling. I've trusted in Kubes so far, but I'm starting to have a few doubts about him. Bottom line, I'm not the coach so I don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes, but I feel like some of the Texans best players are logging quality pine-time while a few scrubs are still getting significant burn. I don't understand it.

Texan JBZ
11-03-2008, 12:19 AM

I have to disagree with that one. The main reason teams throw at Reeves so much is because he has no ball skills. He can be right with the guy he's covering, but he doesn't have the instincts to find turn and find the ball when it is in the air. That is why teams attack him so much with the deep ball. They know that he won't turn around and locate the ball to make a play on it.

Carr Bombed
11-03-2008, 12:27 AM

That says more about the D coaches (who shouldn't be around after this season) than anything else.....and if you noticed, who took more snaps today? Faggins or Bennett.

Again......Bennett was benched because of poor tackling not because he was giving up 90 yard TDs. After last season the coaches called him the best rookie on the roster so even they agreed then so what's your point?

Molden is a rookie from a DII school, that the coaches are afraid to start (honestly at this point I don't know why....the kid is in on every ST tackle) so he shouldn't even be brought up in this discussion

Malloy
11-03-2008, 07:03 AM

Reeves does play the run well, he makes ok tackles and sticks to recievers.

The problem with him is that he is completely unable to make a play or in any way distract or force his will on recievers, short of following them to the endzone to see their celebrations close up, he is not much good.

I am looking forward to what I hope is a new D-coordinator this off-season, and what I hope is 15mil thrown at _real_ talent in the secondary.

SICLICK
11-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Well you know what I mean.........to be honest I don't even have Drew Brees.....just was trying to pick a high profile QB to use as a example.

My QB was Romo and everybody took all the QBs so I'm stuck with David Anderson........I'm sure Gus Frerotte was available though. :(

Like I said...."Texan fantasy rule" from here on out.

I started Vikings D....they helped me beat the top guy!

Ole Miss Texan
11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Can someone please explain to me why we should slap the franchise tag on Dunta Robinson? I'm not completely against the idea, I love him as a player, and as a Texan, and want him on the team forever. However, franchising him means we're paying him the average salary of the Top 5 CB's in the league.

For me, Dunta is coming off a major injury and has come back admirably. He's still shaking some rust off but he's back before I imagined he would be. I know it would be a 1-year deal which I support but I just think that it would still be very expensive for a guy we're not sure of what we have.

Does it look like he's going to be going back outside, playing man coverage... or come in on nickle packages and be the #3 CB? We're a better team with DROB than without him, but is the franchise $ for that year worth the cost?

Again, I'm not for or against it, I just think it's really early to be talking about paying the guy top 5 CB money if he's not playing as well as the top 5, or he's not even on the field next year as much as he should be. I hope he is, b/c he's one of my favorite Texans.

But with so many question marks... what are the arguements to sign him? Scared another team will offer him more?

Just to put it out there: The 2008 franchise cost for Cornerbacks was $9,450,000. It wouldn't surprise me if it's more this year. Is D-ROB play worthy of $10 million for next year? I don't think so, but that doesn't mean I'm right- there are tons that obviously feel he is at this point.

Texecutioner
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM

I'll never forget how hard I was flamed by a few homers in here before the season when I told them that Reeves was a terrible signing. Lol! Man o man, where are they now?

I compared the Reeves signing to the Buchanon signing years ago, and people had fits for me saying it. 8 weeks into the season and Reeves has been torched all season. Reeves sucked in Dallas when they had a much better pass rush, it was absurd to think by anyone that he was going to come in here under a worse pass rush and become some good CB. At least we finally have Dunta back.

BSofA04
11-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Ole Miss-
I think franchising should be a last resort. I'm sure D-Rob is going to test the free agent market, so let's see what the league thinks his value is. Unless he goes balls-out with 6 INT's and 60 tackles in these last eight games, I'm sure we can sign him in a multi-year contract that's considerably less than $10 mill./year. As good as he has been for us, it's clear that he's not worth that kind of money.

BigBull17
11-04-2008, 08:11 AM
We move Reeves off Berrian and put in Drob. And he gets burned AND give sup the TD. Reeves a least would have made he tackle

And Dunta made a horrible play on that ball. I dont know what he was thinking with the swan lake jump. Reeves caught Peterson, which no one else would have done. He didnt play all that bad.

BigBull17
11-04-2008, 08:17 AM

Also you need to stop with the 11 passes defensed.......because that is another inflated stat.....the guy gets targeted about 7-8 times a game.....gee he broke up a pass or two, but was french toast the rest of the Sunday afternoon. I mean you keep bringing up these stats that don't mean crap. Woo! he broke up 11 passes.......hell as much as people are throwing at him he should have about 20 defensed passes.

Also please stop saying he made a play on that damn ball, the ball deflected right off the receiver right into his lap....like I said earlier I'm suprised he didn't crap himself. Hell if the receiver caught the ball it would've just been another pass Reeves gave up........it's not like he jumped the route.

And as far as "who said defenses throw at Reeves".......uh that would be me, I can see for my own eyes that defenses throw at Reeves.....anybody that knows what they're looking at can identify when another team is targeting or picking on a corner....Reeves is being picked on. I saw the same crap last season with Faggins and started a thread very similar to this one right before he was benched.

With the exception of the PA, what was really thrown at him? The TE wasnt his, he was really wide open. Berrian caught the other td over Dunta with the swan lake. Was he on the slant guy? Cause that looked like zone and he picked up the slot guy while the Safty was late on the slant. Reeves is by far not the worst guy on our D. That would be our horrible OLB's, and our 20 yr old awful DT. Or Weaver. Demeco nneeds to get out of the middle, its killing him. We also need 2 guards and a Center. Maybe a QB. Reeves is kinda what we have needed, a guy to make some plays, and keep up w/ WRs.

El Tejano
11-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Actually I was mad because I knew all it was going to do is make Kubiak believe even more that this guy is a play maker and he will not take him off the field.

dskillz
11-04-2008, 11:38 AM
And Dunta made a horrible play on that ball. I dont know what he was thinking with the swan lake jump. Reeves caught Peterson, which no one else would have done. He didnt play all that bad.

True Dunta made one horrible play, but when Jacque is getting thrown at all game, that kind of lets you know he is the weak link in the defense. As for why Jacque is getting 19 chances, Gary keeps saying he is playing well. Saying that Bennett was/is having terrible games. Not sure how Jacque is having "great" games when opposing teams single him out as the guy to throw at.

Blake
11-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I think he is an ok corner. Yeah he gets thrown at alot because A: I see him line up against their #1 alot. B: He is just ok. No better no worse right now than Dunta or Fred.

Corner is obviously a weakness that needs to be addressed either in FA or draft next year, but im not sure a rookie would help out that much, especially since we drafted Molden.

Mr teX
11-04-2008, 11:55 AM
how can they justify it? b/c there's no one else better...right now.... anyway.

J-Russ
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
With the exception of the PA, what was really thrown at him? The TE wasnt his, he was really wide open. Berrian caught the other td over Dunta with the swan lake. Was he on the slant guy? Cause that looked like zone and he picked up the slot guy while the Safty was late on the slant. Reeves is by far not the worst guy on our D.That would be our horrible OLB's, and our 20 yr old awful DT. Or Weaver. Demeco nneeds to get out of the middle, its killing him. We also need 2 guards and a Center. Maybe a QB. Reeves is kinda what we have needed, a guy to make some plays, and keep up w/ WRs.

So, you're saying that Reeves is better then both Amobi AND Diles? omg. This is laughable...

Reeves is awful, I don't know how you can't see that. He was the MAIN target for the Vikings offense. They started off throwing on his side, and were completing pretty much every pass they threw against him. Every pass would've been completed had the WR not step out of bounds on that one play(where the WR had like two or three step on Reeves) and if it hadn't bounced off the WR hand. Oh, and in final 3 or 2 minutes of the 1st half, who did they targeted to try and run up the score? You guessed it Reeves. IIRC, he was burned on that play as well, but the ball was overthrown.

Reeves is kinda what we have needed, a guy to make some plays, and keep up w/ WRs.

When has Reeves ever made a play using ball skills, EVER? The only interception he gotten was by luck from receivers letting catchable balls bounce of their hands, and from a Kerry Collins ball throw directly at him. Really, you would expect a decent CB to make more plays then he has, especially if they were targeted as much as Reeves and were that close to the receivers as Reeves has been most of the times.

Reeves is the exact opposite of what we need, and is the reason why posters went berserk after gameday and were clamoring CB as a need for the off-season.

Bottom line, Reeves makes wayyyy more bad plays then he does good. It must be like a one in fifteen ratio or something.

Blake
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
how can they justify it? b/c there's no one else better...right now.... anyway.

Hit the nail on the head here. Until Dunta is ready, Reeves is one of the top 2 corners to start and end a game with. I think Bennett should be starting, with Dunta and Molden playing nickle and dime formations. At this point our rook needs snaps.

BigBull17
11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
So, you're saying that Reeves is better then both Amobi AND Diles? omg. This is laughable...

Reeves is awful, I don't know how you can't see that. He was the MAIN target for the Vikings offense. They started off throwing on his side, and were completing pretty much every pass they threw against him. Every pass would've been completed had the WR not step out of bounds on that one play(where the WR had like two or three step on Reeves) and if it hadn't bounced off the WR hand. Oh, and in final 3 or 2 minutes of the 1st half, who did they targeted to try and run up the score? You guessed it Reeves. IIRC, he was burned on that play as well, but the ball was overthrown.

Reeves is kinda what we have needed, a guy to make some plays, and keep up w/ WRs.

When has Reeves ever made a play using ball skills, EVER? The only interception he gotten was by luck from receivers letting catchable balls bounce of their hands, and from a Kerry Collins ball throw directly at him. Really, you would expect a decent CB to make more plays then he has, especially if they were targeted as much as Reeves and were that close to the receivers as Reeves has been most of the times.

Reeves is the exact opposite of what we need, and is the reason why posters went berserk after gameday and were clamoring CB as a need for the off-season.

Bottom line, Reeves makes wayyyy more bad plays then he does good. It must be like a one in fifteen ratio or something.

What do they do? Diles masses alot of tackles, but most of them are 5 yards down field. He also tripped on the white line when the TE Shienko ran a streak right by him. That was graceful... He is what he is, a 7th round pick who is over achieving. If he is your worst LB, you can kinda hide him, but you need more talent around him.

And dont even start on Amobi. He has been awful. He is not doing well at all. I want Cochran and Bowmen out there instead of him. He doesnt stop the run all that well, nor does he rush the passer, nor does he keep lineman off of our LB's. He is almost a waste of space out there.

And the guy stepped out because Reeves took the field from him and used the sideline to his advantage.

BigBull17
11-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Actually I was mad because I knew all it was going to do is make Kubiak believe even more that this guy is a play maker and he will not take him off the field.

Hot damn, only in Houston do we get mad at a guy for getting a pick 6.

El Tejano
11-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Hot damn, only in Houston do we get mad at a guy for getting a pick 6.

I'm not from Houston but yeah I would get mad at a guy for getting a pick 6 when he gives up 14.

J-Russ
11-04-2008, 02:25 PM
What do they do? Diles masses alot of tackles, but most of them are 5 yards down field. He also tripped on the white line when the TE Shienko ran a streak right by him. That was graceful... He is what he is, a 7th round pick who is over achieving. If he is your worst LB, you can kinda hide him, but you need more talent around him.

And dont even start on Amobi. He has been awful. He is not doing well at all. I want Cochran and Bowmen out there instead of him. He doesnt stop the run all that well, nor does he rush the passer, nor does he keep lineman off of our LB's. He is almost a waste of space out there.

And the guy stepped out because Reeves took the field from him and used the sideline to his advantage.

I'm not going to change your opinion on Diles or Amobi, because it seems to me that you like to bold/express their negatives and ignore their positives(which greatly outweights their negative). This is the same with what you are doing with Reeves, which is ignore ALL, and I mean ALL of his negatives, and focus on whatever little positives he had from this season, which was all btw sheer luck.

EDIT: I'm going to add alittle more to the post.

You're really coming off ignorant if you're going to ignore the fact that Diles made plenty of plays at or behind the line of scrimmage this season, and is a great tackler. He is decent in coverage, but is nowhere near DeMeco Ryans in term of great cover skills. Right now he is our best linebacker by a good margin. 7th rounder doesn't mean anything, James Harrison and Bart Scott went undrafted, but yet they are causing havoc all over the league.

And Amobi is causing tons of pressure in the backfield and onto the QB. His downfall are run defense and sometimes taking on blockers. He is far from being a waste of space out on the field. And I don't know who Bowmen is, but if you were intending to say Bullman then he is playing DE for us, not DT(I know he is listed as DT on NFL player page).

I still don't see how they're worst then Reeves. Reeves is the biggest liability on the defense right now, and if you can't see that after the minnesota game, then you must either be blind or ignorant as hell.

TheRealJoker
11-04-2008, 02:52 PM
06 - Kubes says he regrets not playing Walter more

07 - Kubes says he regrets not playing Diles more

08 - ???

Who here thinks Kubes is gonna say after the season that he regrets not playing Molden more?

Polo
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
I think the invention of hindsight means we will all have regrets...

Like a 21 yr. old male taking an oath of abstinence...;)

BigBull17
11-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm not from Houston but yeah I would get mad at a guy for getting a pick 6 when he gives up 14.

What 14? He didnt give up any of the TD's.

BigBull17
11-05-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm not going to change your opinion on Diles or Amobi, because it seems to me that you like to bold/express their negatives and ignore their positives(which greatly outweights their negative). This is the same with what you are doing with Reeves, which is ignore ALL, and I mean ALL of his negatives, and focus on whatever little positives he had from this season, which was all btw sheer luck.

EDIT: I'm going to add alittle more to the post.

You're really coming off ignorant if you're going to ignore the fact that Diles made plenty of plays at or behind the line of scrimmage this season, and is a great tackler. He is decent in coverage, but is nowhere near DeMeco Ryans in term of great cover skills. Right now he is our best linebacker by a good margin. 7th rounder doesn't mean anything, James Harrison and Bart Scott went undrafted, but yet they are causing havoc all over the league.

And Amobi is causing tons of pressure in the backfield and onto the QB. His downfall are run defense and sometimes taking on blockers. He is far from being a waste of space out on the field. And I don't know who Bowmen is, but if you were intending to say Bullman then he is playing DE for us, not DT(I know he is listed as DT on NFL player page).

I still don't see how they're worst then Reeves. Reeves is the biggest liability on the defense right now, and if you can't see that after the minnesota game, then you must either be blind or ignorant as hell.

Im the guy who always looks for a positive, and I did give Diles some props. Im not just blindly saying they suck and Reeves rules. Im just saying that those two, and Greenwood, are all playing worse than Reeves.

Edit: I have a little more to add as well. Okoye is consistantly out played by guys we found at Taco Bell. The 10th overall pick cant be that guy. Mario had a put up or shut up moment and started to play like he should. Okoye is having that moment and is floundering. I look and I look, and I have a very hard time finding any of his good plays. I really do want him to do well, he just isnt. And Diles hasnt been all that great in coverage. He got a pick, but he does get beat aalot on 3rd downs by TE's. Im not delusional or making this up. Reeves has been beat by guys, I agree. He dosnt always make the best play, but he is doing a fine job out there.

Twitch-Houston
11-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Seems an appropriate thread to post this link about DeAngelo Hall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3683124

-Twitch

HJam72
11-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Speaking of Okoye, anyone notice what happened late in the game when they pulled him and put TJ in his place, replacing TJ's normal position with Okam (I think). TJ in the backfield, tackle for loss. I'm not really so much knocking Okoye here as saying that I really think we need bigger DTs (at their respective positions). Move TJ over and play Okam more. We're too small.

HJam72
11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Seems an appropriate thread to post this link about DeAngelo Hall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3683124

-Twitch

Nevermind. His attitude must be REALLY bad.

BigBull17
11-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Speaking of Okoye, anyone notice what happened late in the game when they pulled him and put TJ in his place, replacing TJ's normal position with Okam (I think). TJ in the backfield, tackle for loss. I'm not really so much knocking Okoye here as saying that I really think we need bigger DTs (at their respective positions). Move TJ over and play Okam more. We're too small.

Or, try Okoye at DE. He is smallish and quick. He is struggling so much at DT its worth a try.

HJam72
11-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Or, try Okoye at DE. He is smallish and quick. He is struggling so much at DT its worth a try.

Hmmmm. I don't know. My plan was to use Okoye off the bench a lot to rest TJ, but I guess it's possible. I just looked at Okoye's height and weight. Not sure if he's quite tall enough, but he sure wouldn't have the size problem anymore. Wonder how his running speed is, because I know he's quick.

Jackie Chiles
11-05-2008, 11:02 AM
What 14? He didnt give up any of the TD's.

His receiver scored one of their TDs on the slant so thats 7 right there. I could easily look at some of his plays and find another 7, for instance, first pass of the game he gets beaten badly by Berrian and gives up a 40 plus yard play. Great way to start off the game and if you don't think that was the main reason they opened with a TD drive you are crazy. He's bad, 07 Petey bad without all the PI calls (why call PI when they catch the ball though).

As for Okoye and Diles, they were a big part of helping to keep Peterson stuffed for 3 quarters of the game. Diles is a first year starter and Okoye is a 2nd year 21 year old DT. Are they playing lights out? No. But they already make more positive contributions to the defense than Reeves by a long shot imo.

BigBull17
11-05-2008, 12:16 PM
His receiver scored one of their TDs on the slant so thats 7 right there. I could easily look at some of his plays and find another 7, for instance, first pass of the game he gets beaten badly by Berrian and gives up a 40 plus yard play. Great way to start off the game and if you don't think that was the main reason they opened with a TD drive you are crazy. He's bad, 07 Petey bad without all the PI calls (why call PI when they catch the ball though).

As for Okoye and Diles, they were a big part of helping to keep Peterson stuffed for 3 quarters of the game. Diles is a first year starter and Okoye is a 2nd year 21 year old DT. Are they playing lights out? No. But they already make more positive contributions to the defense than Reeves by a long shot imo.

On the first play, he was supose to have help over the top and Wilson was a little late. That happends. How about the defense stopping them after all is said and done? There are 10 other guys out there, and when a big play is given up, you have to all buck up and make a stop. How about Diles giving up the 3rd and 9 that lead to a TD because he couldnt keep his feet under him? Thats one you forget in your equation. Im not calling Reeves the best player on our D, but to say he is the absolute worst and the only reason they scored points is freakin unbelievable. I just dont get Okoye's age as any sort of excuse. He has been a pro for a year and a half. Its time to maybe make a play here and there. He consistantly gives very little.

BigBull17
11-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Hmmmm. I don't know. My plan was to use Okoye off the bench a lot to rest TJ, but I guess it's possible. I just looked at Okoye's height and weight. Not sure if he's quite tall enough, but he sure wouldn't have the size problem anymore. Wonder how his running speed is, because I know he's quick.

I just think the middle is too muh for him at this point in his career. He isnt big enough, and gets run down easy. You could shift him into the DT spot on passing downs, with Cochran and Bowmen. Kinda makes Weaver a bench guy though...

Jackie Chiles
11-05-2008, 02:29 PM
On the first play, he was supose to have help over the top and Wilson was a little late. That happends. How about the defense stopping them after all is said and done? There are 10 other guys out there, and when a big play is given up, you have to all buck up and make a stop. How about Diles giving up the 3rd and 9 that lead to a TD because he couldnt keep his feet under him? Thats one you forget in your equation. Im not calling Reeves the best player on our D, but to say he is the absolute worst and the only reason they scored points is freakin unbelievable. I just dont get Okoye's age as any sort of excuse. He has been a pro for a year and a half. Its time to maybe make a play here and there. He consistantly gives very little.

I didn't "forget that in my equation." Diles had a bad play, maybe I'd make more of it if he was constantly getting abused like Reeves. Its pretty obvious we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

BigBull17
11-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I didn't "forget that in my equation." Diles had a bad play, maybe I'd make more of it if he was constantly getting abused like Reeves. Its pretty obvious we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think its something that happends a little to much, his missed tackles and blown coverage, but agree to disagree. Ill give you Diles, but Okoye has been brutal.

El Tejano
11-06-2008, 01:39 PM
I just hate that Reeves keeps the defense on the field after 3rd down. He's not the only reason but the majority of it. It's almost as if the QBs look for him whenever it's 3rd down.

CloakNNNdagger
11-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Reeves might do better if the opposing WRs could be convinced to wear this on the back of their jerseys.

http://eroundlake.com/blog/uploaded_images/turnaround-725257.gif

BigBull17
11-07-2008, 08:19 AM
I just hate that Reeves keeps the defense on the field after 3rd down. He's not the only reason but the majority of it. It's almost as if the QBs look for him whenever it's 3rd down.

I think its a consistant effort by our DB's and Safties to keep the opposing offense on the field. Whats the alternative to Reeves? Faggins? No thanks, Ive been there. I want Moulden to see some nickle action, but he isnt ready to start yet.

spurstexanstros
11-08-2008, 01:54 AM
He is better than Petey....how much?????? no clue

Texan JBZ
11-08-2008, 08:47 AM
I think its a consistant effort by our DB's and Safties to keep the opposing offense on the field. Whats the alternative to Reeves? Faggins? No thanks, Ive been there. I want Moulden to see some nickle action, but he isnt ready to start yet.

:thinking: I don't know...some guy name Dunta Robinson! I know he may not be 100% yet, but his 80% is better than 100% of Reeves. Why Dunta and Fred aren't starting this weekend against the Ravens I don't understand. As far as Moulden, who knows what the guy can do? He's a special teams menace, I know that for sure. But it isn't fair to say the guy isn't ready to start yet when he hasn't been given a chance. Nobody knows what he can do yet. As far as Amobi moving to DE, he isn't big enough or fast enough to play a 4-3 DE. He isn't Freeney or Dumervil. It's DT or bust for Amobi.

CloakNNNdagger
11-08-2008, 09:20 AM
:thinking: I don't know...some guy name Dunta Robinson! I know he may not be 100% yet, but his 80% is better than 100% of Reeves. Why Dunta and Fred aren't starting this weekend against the Ravens I don't understand. As far as Moulden, who knows what the guy can do? He's a special teams menace, I know that for sure. But it isn't fair to say the guy isn't ready to start yet when he hasn't been given a chance. Nobody knows what he can do yet. As far as Amobi moving to DE, he isn't big enough or fast enough to play a 4-3 DE. He isn't Freeney or Dumervil. It's DT or bust for Amobi.

Unfortunately, so far Amobi hasn't proven to be big enough or fast enough for an effective 4-3 DT either. In the 4-3, the DT is supposed to be very athletic AND very large, to be effective against the run and to be able to keep the O off the LBs.