PDA

View Full Version : NFC Playbook - Texans @ Minn.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I just watched the breakdown for our team's matchup this week. It was on NFC Playbook on NFLN instead of AFC Playbook since we play minn at home. Anywho, both Baldinger and Sharpe picked the Texans to win. These guys have been pretty darn accurate in the past, at least on the weeks I have caught them.

I really enjoy their indepth analysis, there's no bias of any kind just good breakdowns of how the teams play. They talked a lot about the passing game with AJ and how much of a beast he is especially right now, having a good #2 in Walter who can win the one on one battles, OD being solid and knowing how to find a soft spot in coverage, and how important it has been to have Slaton to help make it all work. The mentioned they thought he was the best RB in the draft last year!!

Also Jethro Franklin was on just before the matchup segment and did the segement on the whiteboard about gap control defense.

Did anyone else see it? Good Stuff. :texflag:

The Pencil Neck
11-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Yep. I like this show.

nero THE zero
11-01-2008, 02:57 PM
They both picked us to beat IND and lose to MIA.

DiehardChris
11-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Do they put this on NFL.com anywhere?

powerfuldragon
11-01-2008, 03:11 PM
anyone ever watch these nfl preview things at nfl.com/video?

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c14386

mexican_texan
11-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm picking the Vikings to win.

b0ng
11-01-2008, 03:18 PM

In all fairness we should have won the Colts game, and the Miami game was a 1 point win. Most of the time their analysis is pretty spot on I'd say.

And they usually put it on the internet, but they are hard to find on the NFL site. Sometimes they don't get put up until a little later in the day on Saturday.

Buffi2
11-01-2008, 03:21 PM

No one is perfect.:shades:

I saw this one last night and thought it was such a great change to have the Texans talked about nicely and not glossed over as an NFL joke. The part about AJ was really good. Also good not to wince when they make a prediction. I'm going with Baldinger and Sharpe - I'm lovin' this positive press stuff.:fans: Just thinking about how much more fun this will be if they beat MN makes me positively giddy.:splits:

ObsiWan
11-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Do they put this on NFL.com anywhere?

It'll be replayed at 5:00 pm central time

YellerLotYeller
11-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Saw it and I always love the in-depth breakdowns on Playbook. Also Jethro Franklin is a huge mf'er.

nero THE zero
11-01-2008, 04:56 PM
In all fairness we should have won the Colts game, and the Miami game was a 1 point win. Most of the time their analysis is pretty spot on I'd say.

And they usually put it on the internet, but they are hard to find on the NFL site. Sometimes they don't get put up until a little later in the day on Saturday.

I just hope their picks aren't a jinx for us

DiehardChris
11-01-2008, 05:05 PM
It'll be replayed at 5:00 pm central time

I don't have NFL Network. My porch doesn't face the right way for DirecTV. :(

J-Russ
11-01-2008, 05:16 PM

Yea, and I'm sure they picked us to win against DET and CIN too.

nero THE zero
11-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Yea, and I'm sure they picked us to win against DET and CIN too.

Brave soldiers to crawl out on a limb that thin!

J-Russ
11-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Brave soldiers to crawl out on a limb that thin!

lol, yea those were no-brainers picks. Just pointing out that getting picked by Baldy and Sterling doesn't have some sort of reverse curse on the team.

beerlover
11-01-2008, 08:05 PM
cut off ESPN & get your fix via NFL Network less opinion, more substance :pirate:

Trail.Blazr
11-01-2008, 08:51 PM

After watching the loss to Indy, I can't say anyone would blame them for picking Miami.