PDA

View Full Version : Texans Offense: interesting stats over 5 weeks.

dalemurphy
10-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Okay, so I spent a little time doing some number crunching and research. Here are some very interesting stats for the Texans the past 5 games:

1. 38% of every drive has ended in a TD.
2. 410 yards per game average
3. 57% 3rd down conversions: 37 of 65

While those stats do include the Cincy and Detroit game. It also includes some respectable defenses like Jacksonville, Miami, and Indianapolis.

I believe we also had 3 special team TDs during that period as well. I think it's time to say that we have an elite offense.

I think our only weakness on offense is at the point of attack on the Center and Right Guard. It will be very interesting to see how we handle the two Williams' this weekend. However, we have so much working for us offensively right now, I'm pretty confident we'll have an answer... I expect us to attack the edges a lot more and we'll probably see a lot of misdirection.

This is an offense that can beat anybody. Just like Indy, we can struggle on defense. But, as long as the defense can make a few plays over the course of the game, we will be very difficult to beat.

Silver Oak
10-28-2008, 01:53 PM
good analysis!

I'm impressed by that 3rd down conversion percentage.

ChampionTexan
10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
good analysis!

I'm impressed by that 3rd down conversion percentage.

Even when you factor in the first two games, we are leading the NFL in 3rd down conversion percentage.

ATRAIN
10-28-2008, 02:10 PM
wow I had no idea things were THAT good. They can only get better :)

brakos82
10-28-2008, 05:22 PM
One of my co-workers saw the light at the end of the tunnel... either that or he's on crack... either one's possible...

ATXtexanfan
10-28-2008, 05:41 PM
how are we doing on 4th down? the offense is great and the special teams is solid, defensively .................. i'm all for outscoring our opponents.