PDA

View Full Version : Texans rankings...4/16

Tedc
10-28-2008, 08:01 AM
The Texans offense is now ranked #4 in the league and the defense is ranked #16 in the league, both catagories based on total yards.

Not too shabby for a last...errr.... second place team.

BigBull17
10-28-2008, 08:07 AM
The Texans offense is now ranked #4 in the league and the defense is ranked #16 in the league, both catagories based on total yards.

Not too shabby for a last...errr.... second place team.

Just imagine if we hadnt dug ourselves deep with an awful Pittsburg game. Thats really the only bad game we have played.

Runner
10-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Where are the Texans in strength of schedule now? Somewhere in the middle?

texanfreak
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
#4 offense hard to imagine david carr has been gone only two years, sure seems like a long time ago.:thinking:

Tailgate
10-28-2008, 09:03 AM
The major worry that offsets any of that for me is we are currently ranked 28th in yards per play on D. Only St. Louis, KC, Detroit, and Denver are worse.

Malloy
10-28-2008, 09:15 AM
The major worry that offsets any of that for me is we are currently ranked 28th in yards per play on D. Only St. Louis, KC, Detroit, and Denver are worse.

True, we've been horrible in that category except for the Bengals game. Whether its our D getting their together or the fact that the Bengals have not been too good on offense this season is hard to tell. I _really_ hope it is our D getting together.

Kubiak and... Mario mentioned that the communication on D was much better against the Bengals, is it the new players or is the 'system' finally settling in their minds? Combination of both?

Runner
10-28-2008, 09:21 AM
True, we've been horrible in that category except for the Bengals game. Whether its our D getting their together or the fact that the Bengals have not been too good on offense this season is hard to tell. I _really_ hope it is our D getting together.

Kubiak and... Mario mentioned that the communication on D was much better against the Bengals, is it the new players or is the 'system' finally settling in their minds? Combination of both?

I don't think it is that hard to tell. The trends were the Texans had a bad D and the Bengals a bad O. I think it unlikely that both changed at once.

gtexan02
10-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Our defense has been notorious for its slow starts. They usually seem to improve later in the season

Malloy
10-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't think it is that hard to tell. The trends were the Texans had a bad D and the Bengals a bad O. I think it unlikely that both changed at once.

I agree, but what about the communication comment then, what do you make of that ?

mike moffat
10-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I actually had a business acquaintance tell me yesterday that the Texans are a team that is on the right track! He said that we are molding into a team of contention.
I think that the rest of the country is starting to take notice of us. We blew a couple of games this year. We could easily have 5 wins.

TheRealJoker
10-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I agree, but what about the communication comment then, what do you make of that ?

That's us finally putting back 2 vets in Ferguson and Wilson at safety who have experience on winning teams and successful defenses. They know how to win in the NFL, which is a trait that our players on defense... with an average age of 25 and a DC with no track record of success... have never had.

Hervoyel
10-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Just imagine if we hadnt dug ourselves deep with an awful Pittsburg game. Thats really the only bad game we have played.

Like most people I keep a running "Should be...." set of standings in my head where I count quality losses as wins and ugly fluke wins as losses. It's my "we played good enough to be ______" record.

My standings for the Texans have us at 5-2 right now. We were soundly beaten in Pittsburgh and Tennessee in my mind but Sage single handedly gave away the Indianapolis game and the Jacksonville game came down to a coin toss. If our backup QB isn't a well meaning but ambitious fool and we win a coin toss then I think we're sitting at 5-2 and talking playoffs.

DBCooper
10-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Our defense has been notorious for its slow starts. They usually seem to improve later in the season

That's when the players stop listening to Richard Smith and start playing football.

Runner
10-28-2008, 09:43 AM
I don't know what the statement means or why it took half a season for the defense to communicate.

Malloy
10-28-2008, 09:44 AM
That's us finally putting back 2 vets in Ferguson and Wilson at safety who have experience on winning teams and successful defenses. They know how to win in the NFL, which is a trait that our players on defense... with an average age of 25 and a DC with no track record of success... have never had.

You might be right. Silly if that was all it too to see progress on the D :)

(No, I'm not saying that our D is great nor am I saying that we're much better. I'm just saying that I THOUGHT that our D looked BETTER this week) :)

Kaiser Toro
10-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Like most people I keep a running "Should be...." set of standings in my head where I count quality losses as wins and ugly fluke wins as losses. It's my "we played good enough to be ______" record.

My standings for the Texans have us at 5-2 right now. We were soundly beaten in Pittsburgh and Tennessee in my mind but Sage single handedly gave away the Indianapolis game and the Jacksonville game came down to a coin toss. If our backup QB isn't a well meaning but ambitious fool and we win a coin toss then I think we're sitting at 5-2 and talking playoffs.

http://www.firstandsecondcityguys.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/JimMora.jpg
Playoff's Pixie :)

Honoring Earl 34
10-28-2008, 09:51 AM

Sounds like a need for group therapy . Texan fans who do the what should be in their head . I for one am guilty and am trying to get past it . The OCD could be linked to hyperglycemia .