PDA

View Full Version : UT Vs TT

Pages : [1] 2

gary
10-27-2008, 05:53 PM
It's early I know but it gives us a long time to talk about it. Texas is going to have to have more than a running game than Colt McCoy.

GuerillaBlack
10-27-2008, 06:20 PM
It's early I know but it gives us a long time to talk about it. Texas is going to have to have more than a running game than Colt McCoy.

They already do. Last game was bad, but they can do it.

bah007
10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Texas doesn't need to change anything that they do. They are probably the most consistent offense in the country, regardless of who gets the most rushing yards.

I think this game comes down to who gets more defensive stops. And I have little confidence that that will be Tech.

TexanSam
10-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Texas Tech 48
Texas 45

MojoMan
10-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Texas has been averaging 184 yards per game rushing:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/team/2008/texas/index.html

That is not bad, but it could be a little better, especially considering Texas typical margin of victory in their games. The scary part of that statistic is that McCoy accounts for 28% of the total rush yards. That is a bit higher than what is ideal.

HJam72
10-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I thought this was going to be some kind of posting war or something, lol.

UT vs. TexansTalk.

ATX
10-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Horns - 45
Tech - 31

Goldensilence
10-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Texas doesn't need to change anything that they do. They are probably the most consistent offense in the country, regardless of who gets the most rushing yards.

I think this game comes down to who gets more defensive stops. And I have little confidence that that will be Tech.

Pretty much my thought as far as Texas is concerned. Don't change anything and don't get cute. Defensively get stops and get pressure on Harrell which this unit is more then capable of. They also need to keep THEIR offense on the field.

bah007
10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
This game is not going to be as high scoring as people think it will be.

Texas is going to control the clock with the short passing game.

Tech will also move slowly because the YAC that they rely on will not be there against Texas.

I'm predicting Texas wins 35-27

Texecutioner
10-27-2008, 07:02 PM

Tech will also move slowly because the YAC that they rely on will not be there against Texas.

I think that you're right.

People forget that TT hasn't played their tough end of the schedule and proved themselves the way Texas has. TT hasn't faced a D or an offense this season as good as Texas either.

Our running game is fine. Whitaker, Obbanaya, McGee, and Johnson can hold their own just fine. They have all year long. I'd like to see Cody Johnson get the ball more so he can pound away on the defense and keep the ball out of Tech's hands. A lot of people fail to realize that sometimes when you run a short pass game like they did last week, it is sort of like running the ball as well.

Texas should win this game. 42 to 31.

Corrosion
10-27-2008, 07:09 PM

That blueprint worked well against OSU .... Their execution wasnt flawless ... two redzone turnovers almost cost them. I think we'll see much the same gameplan for Tech.

bah007
10-27-2008, 07:12 PM
That blueprint worked well against OSU .... Their execution wasnt flawless ... two redzone turnovers almost cost them. I think we'll see much the same gameplan for Tech.

Exactly. The defensive gameplan is going to be slightly different though.

The difference is that Tech is pretty one-dimensional (less than usual though) & Oklahoma St is one of the most balanced offensive teams in the country.

ATXtexanfan
10-27-2008, 07:15 PM

well put, the tech D will wear down in the 4th like OU, not a UT fan but they are the most complete team in the country. UT D-line can get pressure without a blitz and colt is UNREAL, if he comes back for his senior year he will be the best QB UT has ever seen. alot of kids on this team that i would love to see in a texan uni. UT stamps their ticket to the bcs title game saturday night.

Corrosion
10-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Exactly. The defensive gameplan is going to be slightly different though.

The difference is that Tech is pretty one-dimensional (less than usual though) & Oklahoma St is one of the most balanced offensive teams in the country.

OSU's offense is very good .... I was impressed with them from begining to end. Their TE Pettigrew .... is 1st round material and that back .... Hunter was just picking up chunks .... I am glad they got away from the run for much of the second half or I fear the outcome may have been much different.
The Texas secondary did a good job on Dez Bryant ....

I dont expect TT to be able to move the ball on the ground near as well meaning UT can attack the Tech passing game much more .

WesmanTexanfan
10-27-2008, 07:20 PM

I think if they want to win they HAVE to change it up a bit, Texas HAS to run the ball or it ll turn into a Tech game, and with Texas' young corners, they could be exposed if harrel gets too many possesions.

Who ever wins the Turnover battle wins the game. I have Texas winning 42 to 35.

Texecutioner
10-27-2008, 07:21 PM
well put, the tech D will wear down in the 4th like OU, not a UT fan but they are the most complete team in the country. UT D-line can get pressure without a blitz and colt is UNREAL, if he comes back for his senior year he will be the best QB UT has ever seen. alot of kids on this team that i would love to see in a texan uni. UT stamps their ticket to the bcs title game saturday night.

I don't know about that just yet if they win. They still have to play Baylor, Kansas, Texas A&M, and then a conference title game against Missouri again most likely. That won't be easy. Texas just needs to keep their heads down and out of the news. They need to ignore everyone telling them how great they are and keep plugging away each week at a time. They can win every game on this schedule, but they'll have to be ready to execute different game plans each week. Mack and Greg Davis have to continue to have their teams prepared and have the right play calling mentality with each defense that they'll face. This schedule is far from over, and their is still a lot of work to do.

With that being said LETS HO HORNS!!!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/nickms/palmerglowingphoto.jpg

bah007
10-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I think if they want to win they HAVE to change it up a bit, Texas HAS to run the ball or it ll turn into a Tech game, and with Texas' young corners, they could be exposed if harrel gets too many possesions.

Who ever wins the Turnover battle wins the game. I have Texas winning 42 to 35.

Texas is #3 in the country in time of possession. Read that again...

There is a reason Colt never throws farther than 15 yards. It is because there is no reason to. Nobody has stopped Texas all year long.

So Greg Davis does what he does. He calls a conservative offense that eats up clock, keeping the defense rested & the opponent tired.

All Texas has to do to win is do what they do. It is Tech who will have to change their scheme if they want to win this game.

bah007
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM
OSU's offense is very good .... I was impressed with them from begining to end. Their TE Pettigrew .... is 1st round material and that back .... Hunter was just picking up chunks .... I am glad they got away from the run for much of the second half or I fear the outcome may have been much different.
The Texas secondary did a good job on Dez Bryant ....

I dont expect TT to be able to move the ball on the ground near as well meaning UT can attack the Tech passing game much more .

Muschamp admitted that he was scared of Dez so he was rolling Earl Thomas over to him on every play. That left Pettigrew one-on-one with Muckelroy. Not a good matchup for Texas.

Suffice it to say that he won't do that again.

I think Texas will man up with their corners & give Tech the short routes that they like. Luckily, they have four or five really athletic corners. Stay with em' & wrap up. Tech thrives on YAC. Don't let them get it. Put pressure on Harrell and hope that he gets antsy & tries to go deep when there is nothing there.

Blake
10-28-2008, 08:35 AM
I cant rep ya right now bah007 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8585), but I agree that it wont be a barn burner. Texas will control the clock with their consistent ground and short passing game, while Michael Crabtree and the Tech offense sit on the sideline getting cold.

Texas Tech will get its points though. Im thinking 28 or so. You know they wont be kicking 30+ yard field goals with their walk on kicker.

And then we get to Texas' defense and special teams. This is what the media forgets. Texas has amazing special teams, and the defense is 10x better than they were supposed to be. Orakpo and Miller wont make it easy on them.

Prediction: Texas 45, Texas Tech 28

Corrosion
10-28-2008, 09:23 AM
I cant rep ya right now bah007 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8585), but I agree that it wont be a barn burner. Texas will control the clock with their consistent ground and short passing game, while Michael Crabtree and the Tech offense sit on the sideline getting cold.

Texas Tech will get its points though. Im thinking 28 or so. You know they wont be kicking 30+ yard field goals with their walk on kicker.

And then we get to Texas' defense and special teams. This is what the media forgets. Texas has amazing special teams, and the defense is 10x better than they were supposed to be. Orakpo and Miller wont make it easy on them.

Prediction: Texas 45, Texas Tech 28

OSU exploited UT's kick return team .... 5-135 .... The numbers are deceptive , there were some scarry moments.

UT might as well kick it out of bounds every time.

Blake
10-28-2008, 09:29 AM
OSU exploited UT's kick return team .... 5-135 .... The numbers are deceptive , there were some scarry moments.

But we must all remember that Tech is not OSU. It was more of an overall statement.

HOU-TEX
10-28-2008, 10:05 AM
I like both teams, so I'll be happy either way. :)

IMO, UT has some young CB's, but they have gotten better each week out. They need to pressure Harrell and their LB's need to help in the short passing game. As bah said, when a catch is made there should be someone instantly putting a lick on them.

Even though Tech's defense has gotten better since last season, they still won't be able to keep up with UT. They will be worn out by the end of the 3rd from being on the field so much.

I think it might be pretty close at halftime, but UT will pull away in the 2nd half.

bah007
10-28-2008, 10:08 AM

OSU did exploit the UT kickoff unit, but not because they were better.

Apparently, Duane Akina (special teams coach) was so scared of Parrish Cox that he decided he wanted us to kick those rainbow kicks that go high & short.

After two 50 yd returns he changed his mind & returned to the normal scheme and Texas gave up two 15 yarders after that.

All in all, I think Akina just got too cute. I don't expect any more problems on kickoff.

Texecutioner
10-28-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't expect any more problems on kickoff.

They had better not, because their KR team killed us last week.

austintexanite
10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Texas wins 49-42.

The offense will run the ball and Colt will slice up Red Raiders. Of course, the Raiders will score on some bombs because our secondary is young but improving every game. I just really hope that Orakpo, Melton or Kindle knock the crap out of Harrell. He whines too much for a qb, much like Philip Rivers.

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Whenever a game gets hyped by explosive offenses, they often turn out to be defensive struggles... 27-17.

Errant Hothy
10-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I think most of y'all are underestamting the ability of the Tech O-line. There were predicitions that Chris Long would get massive amounts of pressure on Harrell in the bowl game last year, and while...0 sacks. And it isn't a stretch to say that the O-line at Tech is better this year. Getrting to Harrell is easier said then done.

If Muschamp was scared of Dez he should be petrified of Crabtree, and Britton is as good a deep threat as any #2 WR inthe Big XII.

Lastly, night games in Lubbock are always weird.

Tech 35 - UT 31

Corrosion
10-28-2008, 11:37 AM
tech 35 - ut 31

ack !

stabbs screen repeatedly !

Errant Hothy
10-28-2008, 11:38 AM
guns up!

HOU-TEX
10-28-2008, 11:44 AM
http://www.gunsup.com/images/sam2.gif

Wolf
10-28-2008, 11:59 AM
http://www.strangesports.com/images/content/16755.JPG

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
I think most of y'all are underestamting the ability of the Tech O-line.

I'm not underestimating that line. I watched men throw boys around in Tech's last game against KU.

The only problem I see for Tech, is their schedule. Texas, OSU, and at Oklahoma still to go.

Errant Hothy
10-28-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm not underestimating that line. I watched men throw boys around in Tech's last game against KU.

The only problem I see for Tech, is their schedule. Texas, OSU, and at Oklahoma still to go.

I agree, if Tech can go 2-1 over the next 3 I'll be more then happy, 3-0 and I'll probably go nuts.

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I agree, if Tech can go 2-1 over the next 3 I'll be more then happy, 3-0 and I'll probably go nuts.

You know.... This is the first Tech team that I'm convinced with. I mean, they have really, really been impressive. Years past, I always figured that they would stumble against someone they should beat. This year they've handled their business and I'm sold.

2-1 over the next 3 would be incredible.

Same can be said for Texas. I expected them to have a decent season, but below their standards. They haven't missed a beat either.

Errant Hothy
10-28-2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.depts.ttu.edu/communications/news/stories/images/will-rogers-wrapped.jpg

bah007
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I think most of y'all are underestamting the ability of the Tech O-line. There were predicitions that Chris Long would get massive amounts of pressure on Harrell in the bowl game last year, and while...0 sacks. And it isn't a stretch to say that the O-line at Tech is better this year. Getrting to Harrell is easier said then done.

If Muschamp was scared of Dez he should be petrified of Crabtree, and Britton is as good a deep threat as any #2 WR inthe Big XII.

Lastly, night games in Lubbock are always weird.

Tech 35 - UT 31

I hope I'm not underestimating the Tech o-line. But if we got to Bradford I assure you we can get to Harrell.

If Tech tries those wide splits then ya'll will get handled the same way Mizzou did.

The Texas d-line is probably the most athletic in the country (call me a homer if you want):

Orakpo is a smaller version of Mario. The guy has THE BEST combination of speed in strength in college this year.
Miller is our plugger. Pretty athletic for a big guy, but his main deal is stuffing the middle.
Houston is a converted DE who plays in the middle. He is going to be weaker than whoever lines up on him, but he is going to be way quicker too.
Kindle is dumb as a rock. But he has speed to burn.

I still think that Tech is overrated. They have done what they needed to do so far (just win baby), but against weak competition. I'm not sold on their defense.

As I said earlier in the thread, we find out saturday night if Tech is for real or if this is just the same story we've been seeing for years now.

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
BTW, the big winner is the Big XII. Having this many teams ranked helps demonstrate what a lot of us knew previously. Finally the PAC10, Little 11 and SEC are NOT getting ALL of the pub.

bah007
10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
BTW, the big winner is the Big XII. Having this many teams ranked helps demonstrate what a lot of us knew previously. Finally the PAC10, Little 11 and SEC are NOT getting ALL of the pub.

Well the SEC still gets most of the pub on ESPN.

But I'm sure that has nothing to do with the TV deal between them...

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Well the SEC still gets most of the pub on ESPN.

But I'm sure that has nothing to do with the TV deal between them...

Very true.... Unfortunately.

hobie
10-28-2008, 01:04 PM

Yeah, but can they swim??

:shades:

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 01:14 PM

Yeah, but can they swim??

:shades:

Who cares......

:drool:

Khari
10-28-2008, 01:15 PM
go TT

hobie
10-28-2008, 02:25 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/billTTswimteam.jpg

WAIT A SECOND !!!! WTF !! After closer inspection, as I wanted to really check out these hotties, I see this "chick" that looks a hell of alot like TB !!
Almost threw up, and am not sure what to think anymore... DAMN......

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/billTTswimteam.jpg

WAIT A SECOND !!!! WTF !! After closer inspection, as I wanted to really check out these hotties, I see this "chick" that looks a hell of alot like TB !!
Almost threw up, and am not sure what to think anymore... DAMN......

:foottap:

Really bad coming from the person that has a :hobie: smiley named after them.

PS Marcie, pay back is a beyotch

gary
10-28-2008, 04:21 PM
This thread must get back on track. I say 45-35 Texas.

Texecutioner
10-28-2008, 04:23 PM

I guessed 42-31. We're not far apart from one another's prediction G-man.

One thing that is for sure though is that Texas is going to hang at least 40.

hobie
10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
:foottap:

Really bad coming from the person that has a :hobie: smiley named after them.

PS Marcie, pay back is a beyotch

Wait a sec Bill....all I was saying is that I looked over this picture and low and behold, there is a gal that looks a hell of a lot like you....I never said anything that isn't already noticable..it was the ball cap that made me do a double take.

JWarren14
10-28-2008, 04:28 PM
http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20081014/99699.jpg

I think homefield does it for Tech, UT has played @ UTEP and @ Colorado. The UT v OU game is on a neutral field. Tech hasn't really played anyone yet but the teams of quality they have played were on the road, their next 3 games are brutal! This Tech defense is the best it has been in a long time. I said last week when a lot of people were saying Tech is going to lose going into Kansas on homecoming, all they had to do was get a few stops and they would win. They scored a TD on every series of the first half besides when they ran out of time at half. Tech also has some decent running backs in Batch and Woods and with the O-Line's 1-3 yard gaps it creates some nice lanes to get positive yardage and play ahead of the chains. This is a different Tech team then in the past, I want Tech to win because they get no love and UT has had a lot of chances and will have a lot more, but this could be it for Tech at least for a shot at the BCS.

UT is good in all phases of the game and they haven't failed a test yet. Colt is playing out of his mind, but made a few mistakes last week, which can't happen vs. Tech because they will score a TD. Its ridiculous that their secondary is so young and played so well. I credit a lot of the defensive play to Mushcamp and respect him highly...new Texans DC?

All in all I hope for a good game, not a PSU vs OSU primetime matchup, but something like UT vs OU where it was back and forth big plays everywhere and just good Big XII football. RAIDERRR POWWWEEERR!!!!

bah007
10-28-2008, 05:01 PM
I have to add one more thing:

I really dislike Graham Harrell.

I have no problem with the Texas Tech program. I think Leach has some major stones for the decisions he makes sometimes. He isn't entirely professional, but he is a hell of a coach.

I kinda like how the kids that go there are underdogs. They were overlooked by Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, and A&M. So it is nice to see them succeed.

But I do not like Harrell. He is a crybaby and a punk.

I will like Tech a lot more next year when Taylor Potts is the QB.

gary
10-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Both teams are good so it should be one hell of a game.

Kaiser Toro
10-28-2008, 06:58 PM
We must include the obligatory Bell ringer video in any Tech discussion. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-4XS3XtZQ

My gawd that swim team makes me want to go back and finish grad school.

DiapHer
10-28-2008, 07:35 PM

Kaiser Toro:
Oblong will be the Shape of the Year in 2009.

:popcorn:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/billTTswimteam-1.jpg

threetoedpete
10-29-2008, 10:48 AM

Or merge.

Texan_Bill
10-29-2008, 10:52 AM

I still can't beleive that Luis Scola was a Red Raider...

Corrosion
10-29-2008, 10:58 AM
I still can't beleive that Luis Scola was a Red Raider...

Damn .... that does look like Luis

gary
10-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Gameday is almost here.

ESAD2-14
10-30-2008, 06:09 PM

Swim team A+++++

Bell Ringer and his **** eatin' grin is to funny.

UT 41 - TT 35

LORK 88
10-31-2008, 01:38 PM
go TT
And here I thought I was the only Texans/Spurs/Tech fan on earth . . .

I'm biased so I'll say Tech-49 UT-45. I've been at this school for 4 years now and never seen the atmosphere like it has been so far this week. The total number of people camping out as of this morning is at around 1,250. All the attention and atmosphere has me cautiously optimistic that we could actually pull this out, it reminds me of the game against OU last year but on a much bigger scale. Granted, OU and Oklahoma St have said the exact same, and we saw how that turned out. We'll see what happens . . .

3rd and Inches
10-31-2008, 02:01 PM
I guessed 42-31. We're not far apart from one another's prediction G-man.

One thing that is for sure though is that Texas is going to hang at least 40.

I agree. I think it's going to to be a pretty high scoring game on our part. *fingers crossed* Thus far, I've been having good weeks as far as wins with NCAA and NFL, hopefully the Horns help continue this trend for me.

Errant Hothy
10-31-2008, 02:02 PM
And here I thought I was the only Texans/Spurs/Tech fan on earth . . .

I'm biased so I'll say Tech-49 UT-45. I've been at this school for 4 years now and never seen the atmosphere like it has been so far this week. The total number of people camping out as of this morning is at around 1,250. All the attention and atmosphere has me cautiously optimistic that we could actually pull this out, it reminds me of the game against OU last year but on a much bigger scale. Granted, OU and Oklahoma St have said the exact same, and we saw how that turned out. We'll see what happens . . .

C'mon, you know your not the only Red Raider around here.

Texan_Bill
10-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Again, I have no rooting interest in either team. Because of that, I am really...... really looking forward to this matchup, on a National stage.. It's good for Texas (the State as a whole) and for the Big XII.

I'm hoping that this becomes one of those "Instand Classics" that will be televised on ESPN Classic.

3rd and Inches
10-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Again, I have no rooting interest in either team. Because of that, I am really...... really looking forward to this matchup, on a National stage.. It's good for Texas (the State as a whole) and for the Big XII.

I'm hoping that this becomes one of those "Instand Classics" that will be televised on ESPN Classic.

I agree. I'm always happy when the state gets national media coverage for games. I feel alot of times we're overlooked.

bah007
10-31-2008, 03:02 PM

Well we may see a pattern developing.

UT's two biggest games this year were both named ESPN Classic Game of the Week.

The wins over OU & Okie St.

I would be very happy if that trend continued (the winning part).

Texecutioner
10-31-2008, 03:42 PM

Ah come on! It's never to late to join the Longhorn family of fans. You are a true Texan any way. You might as well hop on the bad wagon now. After all this is the year to do it! :trophy:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/nickms/longhornshrine2.png

gary
10-31-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll hhave to find a internet feed for the Rockets game because both games are on at the same time.

nunusguy
10-31-2008, 05:54 PM
I'll hhave to find a internet feed for the Rockets game because both games are on at the same time.
Gary what's your take on this game ? Have you made a prediction yet ?

gary
10-31-2008, 06:39 PM
This thread must get back on track. I say 45-35 Texas.Right here.

LORK 88
10-31-2008, 07:18 PM
C'mon, you know your not the only Red Raider around here.
I know I'm not the only one, just not very often you find someone else who's a Texans, Red Raiders, and Spurs fan all in one.

gary
10-31-2008, 08:12 PM
True.

JayCee
11-01-2008, 01:55 AM
anyone got a link that will have a radio stream of the game?

threetoedpete
11-01-2008, 05:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JywEgTm4HAA

Oh of the game...sorry. never mind

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. South southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Let 'em fly boys. No wind in Lubbock tonight.

http://www.kkam.com/dyn_page.php?id=5

I wonder how many watts those dudes are putting out ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8BRmZCqsH

The1ApplePie
11-01-2008, 04:14 PM
None of my friends wanted to go out last night... But they do tonight:bat:

I think I may just stay at home and see my Trojans whoop ass at 5 then see UT vs TT at 7

bah007
11-01-2008, 04:17 PM
None of my friends wanted to go out last night... But they do tonight:bat:

I think I may just stay at home and see my Trojans whoop ass at 5 then see UT vs TT at 7

I would imagine the USC game will be boring.

Aren't they playing a high school team this week?

The1ApplePie
11-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I would imagine the USC game will be boring.

Aren't they playing a high school team this week?

I wouldn't belittle any high school team for comparring them to the Washington Huskies.

I've been amazed at the success of the Longhorns this year. They are young and probably only have one real NFL talent in Orakpo. I imagine they will be even better in 2009

bah007
11-01-2008, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't belittle any high school team for comparring them to the Washington Huskies.

I've been amazed at the success of the Longhorns this year. They are young and probably only have one real NFL talent in Orakpo. I imagine they will be even better in 2009

The defense will be better next year, but Orakpo's presence will be sorely missed.

The o-line is young so they will be even better next year, but Cosby & Shipley will be gone & the young guys behind them have proven nothing so far. That is my main worry for next year.

JayCee
11-01-2008, 04:49 PM
remembered this link freefootballradio.com from Maddict5 - bummer though, most of the Texas links aren't available outside of the States.

will have to stick with 610

edit:
this one looks promising http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/newplayer/index_win.asp?Owner=KZNX_AM&public=&headertext=&Station=KZNX_AM&Mac=No&OptIn=&Streamtype=&filename=

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Its that time...

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:04 PM

Its about time for USC to start pulling their starters.

Its almost halftime.

The1ApplePie
11-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Its about time for USC to start pulling their starters.

Its almost halftime.

Trojans defense is sick

Too bad we don't have any vet WRs

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech gets the ball first & punts but sticks UT on their own 2.

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech gets a safety on UT's first offensive snap of the game.

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I gotta say:

Tech has some mammoths on the o-line. I'm impressed already.

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Probably coulda been a PI call on Crabtree...

Nice catch though.

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:30 PM
The amount of holding that Tech is getting away with is shocking right now...

JayCee
11-01-2008, 07:39 PM
so glad i found the radio link, fox sports is so far behind

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/gameTrax?gameId=200811010086

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech came to play on both sides. They are amped.

Texas is flat.

3 drops by the WR's so far.

Shipley just dropped a TD.

ATX
11-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech came to play on both sides. They are amped.

Texas is flat.

3 drops by the WR's so far.

Shipley just dropped a TD.

That one hurt. Right in his hands....

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:49 PM
The UT secondary has actually been pretty decent.

But Texas has no pass rush. Harrell is getting 5+ seconds on every play.

bah007
11-01-2008, 07:52 PM
In other Big XII news:

Oklahoma has a 35-0 lead on Nebraska.......after ONE quarter.

gary
11-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Bad start for UT on both sides of the foootball.

JayCee
11-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Come on Horns!

gary
11-01-2008, 08:08 PM
They are coming right off the field.

mexican_texan
11-01-2008, 08:10 PM
19-0. Gig 'Em.

gary
11-01-2008, 08:10 PM
UT should have had the QB down.

gary
11-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Their O is out of sync as well.

gary
11-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Big turnover right there.

mexican_texan
11-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Their O is out of sink as well.
sync.

gary
11-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Dam

hot pickle
11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
colt mccoy looks scared and looks terrible like he did last year... cant really see if theres any wr's open but not looking good... cmon UT get a td before half

awtysst
11-01-2008, 08:26 PM
UT's hope of a Natl champ is going up in smoke in Lubbock. Oline must stand up and protect Colt and resteablish that run. UT is all out of sorts tonight.

bah007
11-01-2008, 08:27 PM
colt mccoy looks scared and looks terrible like he did last year... cant really see if theres any wr's open but not looking good... cmon UT get a td before half

The only skill guy on the team that hasn't dropped one is Cosby.

It is scary when you can't trust your guys to make a play for you.

Plus the o-line is getting spanked.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I think I'm going to be sick.

Ryan
11-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't call it over by any means, but Tech is looking dominate on both sides.

gary
11-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Theiir O is really clicking right now.

awtysst
11-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Down 16 at the half. I didn't expect that. I figured it be a shootout with the score differential 7 at most. UT MUST get a td on their first drive in the 3rd. They need to toughen up on both lines (o and D) and stop dropping the passes. The D has been fortunate to hold Tech to only 22. It could easily be much more.

Cmon Horns!

gary
11-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Only down by two sores.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Down 16 at the half. I didn't expect that. I figured it be a shootout with the score differential 7 at most. UT MUST get a td on their first drive in the 3rd. They need to toughen up on both lines (o and D) and stop dropping the passes. The D has been fortunate to hold Tech to only 22. It could easily be much more.

Cmon Horns!

You aint kidding .....

bah007
11-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech is averaging 7.6 yards per play. Very meager by their standards.

Texas is averaging 3.9 yards per play. There's the reason they are losing right there.

gary
11-01-2008, 09:05 PM
No doubt.

The1ApplePie
11-01-2008, 09:08 PM
USC will be climbing those rankings:fans:

I hope UT can make a game of it.

Who would have picked Alabma and TT 1 and 2 in the preseason?

bah007
11-01-2008, 09:08 PM
USC will be climbing those rankings:fans:

I hope UT can make a game of it.

Who would have picked Alabma and TT 1 and 2 in the preseason?

I wouldn't be surprised if Florida was ranked ahead of Texas Tech next week.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Florida was ranked ahead of Texas Tech next week.

TT still has OU and OSU to play .... the team that wins out gets the nod.

gary
11-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Bad drive.

LonerATO
11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
wow that whitlock kid is just so raw

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Woo hoo TD UT !! THought it was gonna get called back for a block in the back.

bah007
11-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Woo hoo TD UT !! THought it was gonna get called back for a block in the back.

Call could have gone either way.

I'll take it though.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Call could have gone either way.

I'll take it though.

It could have .... just glad to see it go UT's way.

DAMN aer these ref's blind ..... I've seen a lot of holding go uncalled . :foottap:

bah007
11-01-2008, 09:26 PM
It could have .... just glad to see it go UT's way.

DAMN aer these ref's blind ..... I've seen a lot of holding go uncalled . :foottap:

Every single play.

Not one has been called.

Orakpo just went down with some kind of knee injury.

We need him out there.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 09:29 PM
BIG stop there ...

bah007
11-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Muschamp has proven to be adept at 2nd half adjustments so far this season & it appears that he may have made some good moves this time.

Orakpo is done for the day btw.

hot pickle
11-01-2008, 09:34 PM
these refs are making horse **** calls.... have they even called a penalty on TT?

stingray
11-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech is simply controlling both sides of the line.

awtysst
11-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Texas gets to within 10 now. They might steal the game, but Tech has definitly been in control from the opening whistle.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow what a throw .... we got ourselves a ballgame !

gg no re
11-01-2008, 10:13 PM
The game's getting pretty intense right now, but I really can't let this thread go on without this being done

http://www.strangesports.com/images/content/16755.JPGhttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/sfabevo/1184107036456.gif

Ryan
How did he get that open? As a neutral fan in this one, this game has been very exciting.

I'm hoping for another instant classic.

awtysst
Down 3 11 mins to go. UT has a chance. Orakpo is out and Miller needed to be helped off the field. Texas D needs to keep it up and keep momentum on the Horns side.

stingray
11-01-2008, 10:21 PM
The game's getting pretty intense right now, but I really can't let this thread go on without this being done

That guy looks like Luis Scola.

awtysst
11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
down 6 about 6 to go.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 10:32 PM
The UT D did their job holding TT to a FG .... Now its up to McCoy and the O to get it done.

GlassHalfFull
11-01-2008, 10:34 PM
The refs did their job holding TT to a FG .... Now its up to McCoy and the O to get it done.

fixed it for you.

I'm pretty neutral on this game, but that was a bad pass interference call. The refs blew that one big time.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 10:36 PM
fair enough GHF ....

Time outs UT 2 TT 1. If UT punches it in here TT may be wishing they had those back.

b0ng
11-01-2008, 10:38 PM
fixed it for you.

I'm pretty neutral on this game, but that was a bad pass interference call. The refs blew that one big time.

TTU has been holding Texans D-linemen the entire game with the refs not calling any of it.

I agree that Texas has gotten some calls recently, but Tech is not playing a picture perfect game rules wise, and they are, for the most part, getting away with it.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Thats a LOT of time left on the clock ....

awtysst
11-01-2008, 10:41 PM
tocuhdown but 1.5 mins
Plenty of time for tech to win it.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
A lot of time left for TT.

Wolf
dang it if colt would have just dropped instead of going out of bounds

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Good return for TT.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech inside the 30 already.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Easy pick blown by Texas!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-01-2008, 10:46 PM
OMG Crabtree TD with 1 sec left.

gg no re
11-01-2008, 10:47 PM
cot damn what a game!

eriadoc
11-01-2008, 10:47 PM
UT had the game in their hands more than a few times. They dropped two INTs, they dropped a long gainer that may have been a TD, and they let at least two tackles slip through their hands that would have been a safety. They just flat did not make the plays they needed to make and they deserve this loss.

gg no re
11-01-2008, 10:48 PM
also smh at the tech fans who can't read the clock

storming the field looks silly when you do it twice and have to be told to get off the field twice

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Great play by Crabtree ..... We need a miracle with 1 second left.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Kickoff from the 7 1/2 yard line. lol

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Kickoff from the 7 1/2 yard line. lol

Wow .... thanks fans ?!

dtran04
11-01-2008, 10:51 PM
That one UT player that dropped the INT just cost his team a national championship opportunity.

awtysst
11-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Good Game Tech, yall deserved to win this game. Texas played poorly on offense in the first half and basically wasted a tremendous defensive effort.

awtysst
11-01-2008, 10:54 PM
That one UT player that dropped the INT just cost his team a national championship opportunity.

Not necessarily. Tech still has to go through Oklahoma state and Oklahoma. If UT runs the table and Tech loses both UT goes to the Big XII championship game.

Wolf
11-01-2008, 10:55 PM
great game..
I was still pissed when colt went out of bounds instead of dropping on the ground to keep the clock running.

but..

congrats TT
ok state
and oklahoma next..

edo783
11-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Teams that are ranked number 1 this season sure haven't stayed that way for very long.

mexican_texan
It's too bad the only people I know at Tech think Crabtree is the stuff growing ouside the dorms. I can only imagine the kind of night they're going to have there.

eriadoc
It will be interesting to see where they rank UT after this week, since they had OU at #4 with 1 loss. Now UT has one loss, but they beat OU.

Polls are such crap.

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Texas should have won it. LOL at that dropped interception. That would have cealed the game. Oh well. Texas Tech is the real deal.

stingray
11-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Not necessarily. Tech still has to go through Oklahoma state and Oklahoma. If UT runs the table and Tech loses both UT goes to the Big XII championship game.

But I don't think that penn State is gonna lose a game before the Bowls and Florida looks like they will be in the title game by losing their game early in the year.

Corrosion
11-01-2008, 10:58 PM
TT definately deserved to win that game ..... no doubt about it.

gg no re
11-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech is still vulnerable to getting toppled, even moreso than OU and UT... completely different game if the Horns had their hands working.

Wolf
11-01-2008, 10:59 PM
It will be interesting to see where they rank UT after this week, since they had OU at #4 with 1 loss. Now UT has one loss, but they beat OU.

Polls are such crap.

exactly ..

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech, while playing great tonight, is not good enough to go to the NC, they will lose two more games in the next month or so. Texas had the comeback sealed after playing flat 2.5 quarters, Gideon dropped that interception and broke my heart in the process.

awtysst
11-01-2008, 11:02 PM
But I don't think that penn State is gonna lose a game before the Bowls and Florida looks like they will be in the title game by losing their game early in the year.

If UT gets to and wins the Big XII championship game, it will be hard to leave them out of the Natl Championship. With wins over Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, plus 2 wins over Missouri or Kansas and 1 win over the other, thats a very strong strength of schedule. They will jump over Penn State that has played an overated Ohio State, an ok Illinois, and Michigan State.

stingray
11-01-2008, 11:03 PM
I have an Idea. Why don't they get the top eight teams in the country and then play a single elimination tournament. But the NCAA would never buy it...

stingray
11-01-2008, 11:05 PM
If UT gets to and wins the Big XII championship game, it will be hard to leave them out of the Natl Championship. With wins over Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, plus 2 wins over Missouri or Kansas and 1 win over the other, thats a very strong strength of schedule. They will jump over Penn State that has played an overated Ohio State, an ok Illinois, and Michigan State.

I really don't think they will jump Penn State if they stay undefeated. I'm not saying they shouldn't but I don't think they will. And they are already saying that the Lions will get extra votes in the coaches poll to help out old Joe.

awtysst
I have an Idea. Why don't they get the top eight teams in the country and then play a single elimination tournament. But the NCAA would never buy it...

Thats because it makes too much sense.

Here is another idea. Lets use some of these bowls as rounds in a tournament!

Wolf
Tech, while playing great tonight, is not good enough to go to the NC, they will lose two more games in the next month or so. Texas had the comeback sealed after playing flat 2.5 quarters, Gideon dropped that interception and broke my heart in the process.
I couldn't believe that it went right through his hands ....

HoustonFrog
First, I thought the officiating was bullcrap all game and they let TT o-line get away with rape. But overall Tech dominated and the kid that dropped the int for TexS SHOULD BE SHOT. It was a softball. Then the fact that Texas tacking Crabtree in bounds would have ended the game.

Wolf
11-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I am disappointed but it wasn't my worst fear

I figured Texas would come in and win all the brutal games and then get to play A&M in a rivalry game and something weird happens and loses to them

awtysst
I really don't think they will jump Penn State if they don't lose a game. I'm not saying they shouldn't but I don't think they will. And they are already saying that the Lions will get extra votes in the coaches poll to help out old Joe.

Maybe, but the computers don't look at emotions, they look at strength of schedule. In that it is quite evident UT played a MUCH tougher schedule than Penn State. The computers might give UT enough points to get up enough in the polls. As is, UT should be ranked ahead of Oklahoma, but sadly wont be in this next BCS poll.

Wolf
First, I thought the officiating was bullcrap all game and they let TT o-line get away with rape. But overall Tech dominated and the kid that dropped the int for TexS SHOULD BE SHOT. It was a softball. Then the fact that Texas tacking Crabtree in bounds would have ended the game.

I think they still had one more time out left

stingray

Tech had a timeout.

eriadoc
11-01-2008, 11:08 PM

Texas tackled like the TexaNs tonight.

Wolf
Maybe, but the computers don't look at emotions, they look at strength of schedule. In that it is quite evident UT played a MUCH tougher schedule than Penn State. The computers might give UT enough points to get up enough in the polls. As is, UT should be ranked ahead of Oklahoma, but sadly wont be in this next BCS poll.

After last year, I have no idea.. I think Georgia was in line and with computers and such..... changes made to make the Ohio State-LSU matchup because that seemed to be what the media wanted anyway from the first of the year

GlassHalfFull
Thats because it makes too much sense.

Here is another idea. Lets use some of these bowls as rounds in a tournament!

Yep.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45948&highlight=college+football+playoffs

stingray
11-01-2008, 11:09 PM

But doesn't the BCS equate the coaches poll into it?

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Texas should have won it. LOL at that dropped interception. That would have cealed the game. Oh well. Texas Tech is the real deal.

I don't think they are, I think they got up for this game and brought and Texas took too long to get going.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:12 PM

His name is Blake Gideon and should read up on him before you say something like that, it's way off base. There is no one that is going to be sicker about him dropping that ball then that young man.

HoustonFrog
11-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I think they still had one more time out left

Not if they tackled him. The game was over if they fight him in bounds. Once he left he got hit, if he fought and got tackled the clock would ran out. They wouldn't have planned the TO. Their players effed up.

Kaiser Toro
11-01-2008, 11:14 PM
I am emotionally exhausted and can imagine how those players feel. Tech brought the intensity and made plays. In the end our two freshman safeties made freshman plays in the last two plays of the game. Gideon should have made the interception, but Thomas took the wrong angle and refused to defend the goal line on that last play and help wrap up Crabtree.

Great game. The Big XII is king this year.

HoustonFrog
11-01-2008, 11:15 PM
His name is Blake Gideon and should read up on him before you say something like that, it's way off base. There is no one that is going to be sicker about him dropping that ball then that young man.

Well he should be. The kid had a lofting softball float into his hands and starting running. He choked and should feel bad. If you play college football you should catch that.

Spled
11-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't call it a floating softball. It was a deflection. UT only scored 6 in the first half, so there was a lot of reasons they lost.

bah007
11-01-2008, 11:20 PM

Blake Gideon.

True freshman safety.

Scooter
11-01-2008, 11:21 PM
wooohoooo!!! way to go tech! :doot:

HoustonFrog
11-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't call it a floating softball. It was a deflection. UT only scored 6 in the first half, so there was a lot of reasons they lost.

He started running before the ball hit him and the ball was a softball.

Wolf
11-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't understand ESPN's head line

Stick a fork in 'em

I understand a loss is a loss but ....want to stick a fork into something.. stick in Georgia... They got pounded by florida

Kaiser Toro
11-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Blake Gideon.

True freshman safety.

Watch the last play, Thomas made an awful play as well.

bah007
11-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Top 5:

1. Alabama
2. Penn St
3. Texas Tech
4. Texas
5. Florida

bah007
11-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Watch the last play, Thomas made an awful play as well.

I know it.

Took a terrible angle & then gave up on the play.

Brown should have made the tackle though.

HoustonFrog
11-01-2008, 11:27 PM
I know it.

Took a terrible angle & then gave up on the play.

Brown should have made the tackle though.

Exactly and the clock would have run out pre timoeout,

gwallaia
11-01-2008, 11:28 PM
That was a terribly exciting college football game.

Hookem Horns
11-01-2008, 11:29 PM
I thought the Horns were screwed when they didn't run the clock down before scoring. I knew Tech would score again if there were enough time. Before they ran their last play they still had over 20 seconds left on the play clock. I was screaming when they did that.

Tech scored with 8 seconds left. If they would have run the play clock down to 1 second before running that last play Tech would not have had those 8 remaining seconds.

I hate being right some times.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:30 PM
He started running before the ball hit him and the ball was a softball.

Just keep kicking the guy while he's down why don't you. This is a kid that played 3 weeks with a broken back in high school, a son's coach, a freshman starter in college, someone that earned his spot on the field and suprised the crap out of Mack Brown and the coaches. Like I said, no one is sicker, if it makes you feel better by reposting it was a softball, then I guess go for it. The kids a gamer, a starting freshmen with a lot of ball left to make it up and this one will eat at the guy, he has high character. Yes, it did cost them the game, it was a deflected pass. That one play could have saved the game but truth is the whole team should have stepped up a couple of quarters beforehand.

Kaiser Toro
11-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I thought the Horns were screwed when they didn't run the clock down before scoring. I knew Tech would score again if there were enough time. Before they ran their last play they still had over 20 seconds left on the play clock. I was screaming when they did that.

Tech scored with 8 seconds left. If they would have run the play clock down to 1 second before running that last play Tech would not have had those 8 remaining seconds.

Oh well, I hate being right some times.

Yeah, Colt not sliding in bounds did not help. Lot of plays and seconds left on the field, but heck that was a great game and do not want to take anything away from Tech.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah, Colt not sliding in bounds did not help. Lot of plays and seconds left on the field, but heck that was a great game and do not want to take anything away from Tech.

Tech got up for this game for sure and dominated most of it.

gwallaia
11-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Baylor is going to get the living **** beat out of them next week.

Honoring Earl 34
11-01-2008, 11:35 PM

Yep ... the question is did they put all their eggs in one basket ?

bah007
11-01-2008, 11:35 PM

I was screaming at the TV when Colt ran out of bounds.

He should have slid down.

And then we don't run the clock when we are going in for the score.

Coaching errors.

Gideon, Thomas, Brown. Mistakes by young players.

I have to give credit to Tech. They took advantage of every mistake we made & that is why they won.

bah007
11-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Baylor is going to get the living **** beat out of them next week.

Robert Griffin finally threw his 1st INT today.

I hope we see many more next weekend.

LonerATO
11-01-2008, 11:38 PM

I'm not even a Tech fan but they have been "getting up" this whole year. Ok St is better then Tech and should come out with the win next week.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Yep ... the question is did they put all their eggs in one basket ?

I think so, no way do they win out and can be consistently good enough to do so. They get all the credit in the world to figure out a way to knock off #1 but they used up there mojo doing so, I just don't think they are consistent enough to do so.

HoustonFrog
11-01-2008, 11:39 PM
:)Just keep kicking the guy while he's down why don't you. This is a kid that played 3 weeks with a broken back in high school, a son's coach, a freshman starter in college, someone that earned his spot on the field and suprised the crap out of Mack Brown and the coaches. Like I said, no one is sicker, if it makes you feel better by reposting it was a softball, then I guess go for it. The kids a gamer, a starting freshmen with a lot of ball left to make it up and this one will eat at the guy, he has high character. Yes, it did cost them the game, it was a deflected pass. That one play could have saved the game but truth is the whole team should have stepped up a couple of quarters beforehand.

Sorry, nothing against him but your story runs dry when I just watched it again and the ball floats into him arms like a cloud for a game and season changer and he chokes. The kid was a mess for the game. Tech dominated but should not have won because of two effed up dbs by UT

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm not even a Tech fan but they have been "getting up" this whole year. Ok St is better then Tech and should come out with the win next week.

They are not that complete of a team, they played lights out tonight for sure. I just don't see that D being able to shutdown the teams they have to face. I think Texas came in lumbering and exhausted and didn't wake up quick enough after TT jumped all over them.

bah007
11-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Gideon is a hell of a player for a true freshman.

Besides Orakpo & Miller he is probably the smartest player on the field. He is going to be a great player here at Texas.

But he straight up dropped the game winner there. A pop-up right in the bread basket & he dropped it.

Wolf
11-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Way I look at it .... Texas was lucky not to get blown out early and in the end Tech was lucky they didn't lose

great game

Spled
11-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I'd be surprised if Alabama and Penn State don't run the table at this point.

HoustonFrog
11-01-2008, 11:44 PM
No Im not. Im a realist about a kid that, unfortunatley lost UT a natinal championship

LonerATO
11-01-2008, 11:45 PM
They are not that complete of a team, they played lights out tonight for sure. I just don't see that D being able to shutdown the teams they have to face. I think Texas came in lumbering and exhausted and didn't wake up quick enough after TT jumped all over them.

there is nothing worse in this world then when someone has to have a reason why their team/a team took a loss instead of just sucking it up and saying they were out played. I dont mean to be a d*** and a hater.

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Gideon is a hell of a player for a true freshman.

Besides Orakpo & Miller he is probably the smartest player on the field. He is going to be a great player here at Texas.

But he straight up dropped the game winner there. A pop-up right in the bread basket & he dropped it.

Agree a 100%, but it could have came down to a lot of other plays as well.

LonerATO
11-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Way I look at it .... Texas was lucky not to get blown out early and in the end Tech was lucky they didn't lose

great game

well put sir

Honoring Earl 34
11-01-2008, 11:47 PM
I think so, no way do they win out and can be consistently good enough to do so. They get all the credit in the world to figure out a way to knock off #1 but they used up there mojo doing so, I just don't think they are consistent enough to do so.

I'm not sure they beat Oklahoma St. next game just because I think they'll be drained .. If they play Oklahoma in Norman then they're in trouble for sure .

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:47 PM
there is nothing worse in this world then when someone has to have a reason why their team/a team took a loss instead of just sucking it up and saying they were out played. I dont mean to be a d*** and a hater.

I have been saying they were out played, they were out played badly for almost 3 quarters. I just don't think they can keep it up over multiple upcoming games. They got up for this game plain and simple, they wanted it more than Texas did and the performed like it. They were hungry.

LonerATO
11-01-2008, 11:48 PM
sorry man i just looked at that whole lumbering quote and went off

Wolf
11-01-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure they beat Oklahoma St. next game just because I think they'll be drained .. If they play Oklahoma in Norman then they're in trouble for sure .

I believe TT plays ok state in lubbock and then oklahoma in norman

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:51 PM
No Im not. Im a realist about a kid that, unfortunatley lost UT a natinal championship

If you want to look at it that way then go ahead. I think the whole team lost the game, like the very next play when the other safety (Thomas) didnt' make the tackle on Crabtree.

Hookem Horns
11-01-2008, 11:53 PM

Sure, if he makes that INT Texas wins the game. However if Texas runs the play clock down before running their plays before scoring the go ahead TD there is no time left for TT to throw that ball that he dropped.

Before that you can probably name numerous more "ifs". Texas lost period and you can't pin that loss on one guy.

Honoring Earl 34
11-01-2008, 11:53 PM
I believe TT plays ok state in lubbock and then oklahoma in norman

I'm not wishing anything bad on Tech but like Texas ... it's a tough row to hoe . It will be the same way with the SEC . Alabama plays LSU , Miss. St , and Auburn , then if they win those , they play a championship game .

Hardcore Texan
11-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Sure, if he makes that INT Texas wins the game. However if Texas runs the play clock down before running their plays before scoring the go ahead TD there is no time left for TT to throw that ball that he dropped.

Before that you can probably name numerous more "ifs". Texas lost period and you can pin that loss on one guy.

Exactly my point, plenty of mistakes made that could have change the outcome. Credit to Tech though, they got up for this game, they were determined.

bah007
11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
One good thing for Texas fans:

We got a glimpse of the future in Malcolm Williams.

The next Roy Williams?

Hookem Horns
11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Texas lost period and you can't pin that loss on one guy.

I am quoting myself here because I just thought of something else. If you want see an example of one guy blowing a game for an entire team see Sage Rosenfels.

Spled
11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Why was there single coverage on Crabtree anyway?

nunusguy
11-01-2008, 11:58 PM
If some insist on playing the "if game", then if Texas doesn't get those gifts from the refs in the Oklahoma game, they don't come into Lubbock unbeaten anyway.

bah007
Why was there single coverage on Crabtree anyway?

Man to man with a safety over the top.

Brown played it pretty tight but Thomas was nowhere near where he was supposed to be.

Honoring Earl 34
I am quoting myself here because I just thought of something else. If you want see an example of one guy blowing a game for an entire team see Sage Rosenfels.

You don't want to make that kid into Bill Buckner .

bah007
If some insist on playing the "if game", then if Texas doesn't get those gifts from the refs in the Oklahoma game, they don't come into Lubbock unbeaten anyway.

Please.

Do we have to go back to the OU punter again?

stingray
11-02-2008, 12:09 AM
I'd be surprised if Alabama and Penn State don't run the table at this point.

Alabama has to play Florida in the SEC ttile game. I would put my money on Florida.

eriadoc
11-02-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm not wishing anything bad on Tech but like Texas ... it's a tough row to hoe . It will be the same way with the SEC . Alabama plays LSU , Miss. St , and Auburn , then if they win those , they play a championship game .

And that championship game looks like it might be against a Florida team that is kicking the hell outta people. Since my wife is an Alabama alum, and she annoyed me tonight by rooting for Tech, I told her I'm inviting her brother (Auburn alum) over and we're wearing orange for that game.

TexanSam
11-02-2008, 01:09 AM

Texas beat Oklahoma State. Texas Tech beat Texas. Therefore, Tech > Oklahoma State.

TexanSam
11-02-2008, 01:13 AM

I don't know how you can say Texas lost a national championship. They lost a close game to one of the best teams in the country. But lets say Tech loses a game. Oklahoma, Texas, and Tech are all tied for the Big 12 South lead. Assuming Texas has the higher BCS ranking (I think that's how they determine who win's the division) and they win the Big 12 title then they still have a realistic shot at the title.

Penn State should run the table but Alabama may not. They will still have to play Florida in the SEC Championship game which is not exactly a gimme. Texas still has a shot at going to the NC game. They need things to fall their way, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

bah007
11-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Texas has the highest strength of schedule in the Big XII so if Tech drops a game I think Texas will probably win a three-way tie between any of the teams.

BCS ranking is the tie-breaker & the computers will still love Texas even after this game.

bah007
11-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Texas beat Oklahoma State. Texas Tech beat Texas. Therefore, Tech > Oklahoma State.

Oregon St beat USC. Stanford beat Oregon St. Therefore, Stanford > USC?...

That arguement doesn't always work.

HoustonFrog
11-02-2008, 07:15 AM

Before that you can probably name numerous more "ifs". Texas lost period and you can't pin that loss on one guy.

Sure. I agree. Overall they made the same mistakes in the end that plagued them early..Collins dropping 1st down passes and then the DB dropping the INT. Or the DBs not being able to tackle Crabtree while the clock ran out and the Tech TO going for naught. But the dropped int just seemed too easy and he started to run.

Oh well my Frogs won again.

BattleRedToro
11-02-2008, 08:07 AM

We shall see.

Oregon St beat USC. Stanford beat Oregon St. Therefore, Stanford > USC?...

That arguement doesn't always work.

That arguement doesn't even need to be made. Texas Tech is undefeated, and Oklahoma State is not, therefore Texas Tech is better.

Of course all of this will be decided on the field next week.

Tailgate
11-02-2008, 08:36 AM
It was just the perfect storm for a loss. On the road, on the 4th game in an IMPOSSIBLE stretch of games that matches worst in college football history, biggest game in Tech school history at home, night game, frenzied fans, lots of uncharictaristic dropped passes for Texas, shooting self in foot with pentalties, blatant holding calls on Techs O-line NOT called, injuries to Texas best D-linemen, etc,etc... I knew it was gonna be one of those nights early.

But the REAL test for Tech now comes with 2 more big time games back to back after this one. Texas did it... can tech?

Errant Hothy
11-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Man, I must say I'm really surprised about all the whinnig abou the officiating. The worst calls of the game were the PI call on Tech on a ball that was 12 yards overthorn , and therefore uncatchable; and the completely ridiculous call on Crabtree.

Neither O-line got called for holding, and both got called for hands to the face once. I'd say they were letting the big boys battle it out; on both teams.

mexican_texan
11-02-2008, 09:08 AM
We shall see.

That arguement doesn't even need to be made. Texas Tech is undefeated, and Oklahoma State is not, therefore Texas Tech is better.

Of course all of this will be decided on the field next week.
I think OK State is better than Texas Tech, records be damned.

Also, case closed, Graham Harrell is not an NFL QB.

BattleRedToro
11-02-2008, 09:13 AM

That case will be closed when he is given a chance to succeed or fail in the NFL, just as Vince Young was given.

eriadoc
11-02-2008, 10:06 AM

Why not?

mexican_texan
11-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Why not?
You don't get 30 seconds to run around the backfield until you have an open reciever. I think he'd get eaten alive by NFL caliber safeties, maybe even linebackers.

Hardcore Texan
11-02-2008, 10:10 AM
It was just the perfect storm for a loss. On the road, on the 4th game in an IMPOSSIBLE stretch of games that matches worst in college football history, biggest game in Tech school history at home, night game, frenzied fans, lots of uncharictaristic dropped passes for Texas, shooting self in foot with pentalties, blatant holding calls on Techs O-line NOT called, injuries to Texas best D-linemen, etc,etc... I knew it was gonna be one of those nights early.

But the REAL test for Tech now comes with 2 more big time games back to back after this one. Texas did it... can tech?

I agree. And I just don't think Tech is consistent enough to win out, they have never displayed it before. They made this game their battle cry and got up for it. I think OSU takes them out next week.

Errant Hothy
11-02-2008, 10:19 AM

We'll find out in less then a week.

Tech won yesterday without it's best offensive game.

3rd and Inches
11-02-2008, 10:32 AM
As soon as the game started I noticed that UT just wasn't playing like a well oiled machine. After the 2nd quarter we actually turned it off cuz it was just raising the hell outta my blood pressure. Damned Horns!

awtysst
11-02-2008, 11:01 AM

At the moment there is only one game of work to compare. What if Oklahoma beats Tech?

Now you have Texas beating Oklahoma, Tech beats Texas, Oklahoma beats Tech!

bah007
11-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Just heard that the new Coaches Poll is out. Haven't been able to see it but heard a few things:

1. Alabama
2. Penn St
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. USC
7. Texas

How the hell would Texas fall below OU?

Also heard that OU recieved one 1st place vote......wtf?

Scooter
11-02-2008, 11:44 AM
We'll find out in less then a week.

Tech won yesterday without it's best offensive game.

i think this is being missed. i know the UT fans outnumber the tech fans here but that was hardly the tech offense that we're used to seeing. harrell was painfully slow in his reads, the rushing offense was being used more than normal, tech also had a drop in the endzone, settling for 4 FG attempts, and overall just wasnt the "we're going to score in 30 seconds" offense that we're accustomed to. obviously texas' defense played a role in that, but there were nearly as many misfires for tech as there were for texas (the crabtree fumble also comes to mind).

bah007
11-02-2008, 11:47 AM
i think this is being missed. i know the UT fans outnumber the tech fans here but that was hardly the tech offense that we're used to seeing. harrell was painfully slow in his reads, the rushing offense was being used more than normal, tech also had a drop in the endzone, settling for 4 FG attempts, and overall just wasnt the "we're going to score in 30 seconds" offense that we're accustomed to. obviously texas' defense played a role in that, but there were nearly as many misfires for tech as there were for texas (the crabtree fumble also comes to mind).

Perhaps the reason Tech didn't play up to normal standards offensively is because Texas was by far the best defense they have faced...

hollywood_texan
11-02-2008, 12:25 PM
blatant holding calls on Techs O-line NOT called, injuries to Texas best D-linemen

Yeah, those none holding calls were ridiculous. Then there was the holding call against Texas (that was ify at best, if they called that one than why not the TT holdings?) right before the interception for a TD.

Bottom line though, the Longhorns still had their chance to win.

I thought the game was boardering on a poorly officiated game.

bah007
11-02-2008, 12:43 PM
This was the same officiating crew that did the OU-Texas game.

They don't call holding. Remember when Orakpo was held by Loadholt on six plays in a row in the 4th quarter?

Apparently Muschamp knew it wasn't going to be called going into the game, so when the kids started complaining about it he told them to shut up and fight through it.

If Tech knew that the refs weren't going to call it, then good for them for getting away with it.

Texas should have tried to hold more to see if they could get away with it too. That's about the only way they would have blocked anybody.

I only saw one holding called during the entire game, and it was a complete bull**** call.

Scooter
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Perhaps the reason Tech didn't play up to normal standards offensively is because Texas was by far the best defense they have faced...

that was in what i said. texas made things more difficult for tech than they're used to because texas usually has a pretty good defense, but there were still several areas on offense that tech misfired on.

TD
11-02-2008, 03:56 PM
I see Texas still got a #1 vote in the Harris Poll. Not sure I disagree.

I'm looking forward to the computer rankings and BCS standings. I suspect UT is still a top 5 team even with the VERY poor choices by the coaches.

HoustonFrog
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Just heard that the new Coaches Poll is out. Haven't been able to see it but heard a few things:

1. Alabama
2. Penn St
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. USC
7. Texas

How the hell would Texas fall below OU?

Also heard that OU recieved one 1st place vote......wtf?

AP has UT 5

bah007
11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
AP has UT 5

AP Poll isn't included in the BCS.