PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings

Sal Rosenberg
10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Does anyone have their official message board link?

Texan_Bill
10-27-2008, 02:07 PM
According to TT's homepage, when you click the Fan2Fan alliance, theirs is purplepride.org

gtexan02
10-27-2008, 02:23 PM
lol. i really, really don't want to lose to a team whose official website is "Purple pride.org"

Porky
10-27-2008, 02:25 PM
lol. i really, really don't want to lose to a team whose official website is "Purple pride.org"

Not there's anything wrong with that.

powerfuldragon
10-27-2008, 05:31 PM
i'm worried about this game.

TexanSam
10-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Jared Allen is going to pwn Duane Brown :(

GuerillaBlack
10-27-2008, 05:43 PM

Maybe. We'll see. We definitely have what it takes to win against the Vikings. Allen and Peterson are two that really scare me. I see this game being like Jax, only we win this time. :)

Jackie Chiles
10-27-2008, 05:43 PM

Max protect, only send out Andre and Owen, they will get open. I am only half joking.

lonestar
10-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Gotta tough D against run. We need schaub to open it up and have them worried about dre so slaton and green can MASH!!
cool comment on www.realspit44.blogspot.com

gtexan02
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
I think Brown does well against the strong guys liek Allen. It seems like the quick guys are the ones he struggles against

lonestar
10-27-2008, 06:00 PM
How long till Dunta gets back in the strarting lineup?

powerfuldragon
10-27-2008, 06:05 PM
How long till Dunta gets back in the strarting lineup?
two games ago?

lonestar
10-27-2008, 06:09 PM
he's not starting but used him alot.

dalemurphy
10-27-2008, 06:09 PM
I think Brown does well against the strong guys liek Allen. It seems like the quick guys are the ones he struggles against

Brown has been very good against everyone except Porter and Harrison- both 3-4 OLB. Not to mention that he's a guy that you can expect improvement from. I really believe he's going to be special! His combination of athletic ability, coachability, and intelligence is going to turn him into something special.

If we don't lose the turnover batlle, we win this game- hands down!

With Robinson back and our safeties and Diles playing well, we just arent' that suspect in the back 7. And, I've been generally very pleased with the fron 4 pressure since Jacksonville. This is going to be a win!

By the way, how about that offense of ours!!!!????

lonestar
10-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Offense mashed it, and the Secondary really came through. How do you think slaton will do against the Min d-line

TEXANS84
10-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Adrian Peterson has me scared for this game. He's the type of guy that could go off on us, and especially with a weeks worth of rest it could happen.

The Vikings are 13th in sacks, while the Texans are 28th with Mario's 7 and three others.

Texans 4th in total offense, to Minnessota's 12th ranked offense.
Vikings are 8th in defensive yards allowed per game, while the Texans rank 15th.

Should be a good well balanced game, as long as we control the turnover ratio and Adrian Peterson.

gary
10-27-2008, 06:18 PM
This is just one question. How would you feel about playing the vet LT for one game? Just a thought here so please no bashing.

GuerillaBlack
10-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Adrian Peterson has me scared for this game. He's the type of guy that could go off on us, and especially with a weeks worth of rest it could happen.

The Vikings are 13th in sacks, while the Texans are 28th with Mario's 7 and three others.

Texans 4th in total offense, to Minnessota's 12th ranked offense.
Vikings are 8th in defensive yards allowed per game, while the Texans rank 15th.

Should be a good well balanced game, as long as we control the turnover ratio and Adrian Peterson.

We did control Addai and the Jax running duo... I see AP having between 70-100 yards.

dalemurphy
10-27-2008, 06:22 PM
This is just one question. How would you feel about playing the vet LT for one game? Just a thought here so please no bashing.

NO WAY! Brown is the better LT right now. I don't mind him being spelled but he's probably better pass blocking and he's infinitely better as a run blocker!

gary
10-27-2008, 06:32 PM
NO WAY! Brown is the better LT right now. I don't mind him being spelled but he's probably better pass blocking and he's infinitely better as a run blocker!You're correct I was just thinking in terms of experience.

GuerillaBlack
10-27-2008, 06:33 PM
You're correct I was just thinking in terms of experience.

Brown won't get experience if he sits against good defenders.

gary
10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
true, it was only a thougt.

brakos82
10-27-2008, 06:36 PM
I think that this game is going to be decided by the first possesion... when Minnesota starts on offense for the first time and rams it down our throats for a TD, it's going to be a looooooong day. If we can hold them to a long FG or a punt it should be a close game. If we can force a turnover on that 1st possesion, then we're going to see an out-of-sync Vikings offense. Same could be said for our offense as well, but I think that we have a much better passing game than Minnesota and have a better chance to come back from behind in the second half if need be.

Seņor Stan
10-27-2008, 06:36 PM

pinktriangle.org was taken.

brakos82
10-27-2008, 06:37 PM
We did control Addai and the Jax running duo... I see AP having between 70-100 yards.

And the Titans' running game too... our run D against the Wildcat was also quite credible as well. Both of these teams' strengths and weaknesses match up perfectly.

Reservation4Six
10-27-2008, 06:38 PM
AP > Texans defence nuff said

we just need to score more points to win..

Texan_Bill
10-27-2008, 06:39 PM
You're correct I was just thinking in terms of experience.

Perfect opportunity to get your LT more experience. Throw him to the wolves and let him sink or swim. He's made some mistakes this year and got beaten, BUT, he also has performed pretty well for a rook in that position... He's not the reason we won't be going to the play-offs this year so let him get as much work as he can.

gary
10-27-2008, 06:42 PM
You're already counting us out?

Texan_Bill
10-27-2008, 06:58 PM
You're already counting us out?

I had us going 9-7 this year, which can still happen. Unfortunately 9-7 doesn't typically give you a sniff in the AFC for the play-offs.

GuerillaBlack
10-27-2008, 07:00 PM
I had us going 9-7 this year, which can still happen. Unfortunately 9-7 doesn't typically give you a sniff in the AFC for the play-offs.

It will this year.

gary
10-27-2008, 07:00 PM
We'll at least make it fun.

Texan_Bill
10-27-2008, 07:02 PM
It will this year.

It's looking more and more like that GB. With New England and Indy down this year, it is possible for the first time in a long time...

gary
10-27-2008, 07:09 PM
We shall see.

GuerillaBlack
10-27-2008, 07:18 PM
It's looking more and more like that GB. With New England and Indy down this year, it is possible for the first time in a long time...

Yeah, I'm actually hoping the Titans win tonight. It would help our chances a lot. Indy at 3-4 (they should be 2-4 now, but we know what went down).

gary
10-27-2008, 07:21 PM
that in the end might hurt us.

b0ng
10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
that in the end might hurt us.

At most it's only 1 game. It'll really be the performances against Pittsburgh and Tennessee that really hurt us this year.

spurstexanstros
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
I am having nightmares about Adrian Peterson running screens on us all day.....well I would if I was Richard Smith.

b0ng
10-27-2008, 08:32 PM
I am having nightmares about Adrian Peterson running screens on us all day.....well I would if I was Richard Smith.

Well thankfully the Vikings suffer from actual poor coaching, and not just the perceived poor coaching like what we have around here. There have been games that Peterson has rushed for 77, 80, and even 32 yards. He has been contained before, and I think the Texans defense can do it. What I'm worried about is the Vikings defense just completely shutting us down, tiring the defense out and making this game ridiculous at half time. Good defenses get on top of us worse than good offenses.

Thorn
10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
We just got done beating three teams we should have. Which means we aren't that bad. The Vikings aren't that bad either, but like us, they do have some problems. This is anybody's game here.

If the Texans are who we think they are, they'll be 4-4 after the Vikings game. If not, well, back to talking about next years draft. LOL

Bigbots_02
10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
I have alot of faith in our team and like all of us I HOPE we suprise ourselves. However, ( as I eat a slice of humble pie) our run defense scares me. We improve as the season goes, I'm just hoping we're ready for a AP caliber assult and able to dish some of our own. Make our run effective then run play actions.

Sal Rosenberg
10-27-2008, 10:44 PM

where is my rep braa????????

jshabang
10-27-2008, 11:38 PM
i been doing some prayin lately......

hopefully keith and pat williams catch the water pill suspension this week.....

that would be off the hook

Nawzer
10-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Vikings have great lines on both side of the ball. I haven't watched any of their games this year but it's kind of surprising to see them at 3-4. I guess having Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson at qb is probably the main reason for that. The Texans will have their hands full dealing with Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Jared Allen, and their secondary with Cedric Griffin and Darren Sharper is also pretty good too. Obviously Adrian Peterson will be the main focus in their offense but they got some fast receivers like Bernard Berrian who could torch our suspect secondary. I think this is going to be a really tough game to win, but we're on a good roll and hopefully we can pull one out.

The1ApplePie
10-28-2008, 12:04 AM
I don't see how we don't absolutely get destroyed in the line of scrimmage in this game.

AO vs Hutch isn't a good matchup for us

I think DeMeco will get rocked even more this game than he has this year:gun:

Jackie Chiles
10-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't see how we don't absolutely get destroyed in the line of scrimmage in this game.

AO vs Hutch isn't a good matchup for us

I think DeMeco will get rocked even more this game than he has this year:gun:

Minnesota has some elite talent but unless they figured something out over the bye week they are definitely beatable. They have been underachieving all year. We are going to be able to throw the ball against them, I mean Chicago and Kyle Orton put up 48 points on them a couple weeks ago. 48. Special teams contributed to that and I know Orton has opened some eyes this year but our offense is better than Chicago's. We will likely not get much against them on the ground but we can survive that because of our passing game. Defensively it will be an adventure but they are not a complete offense. If we have turned the corner we can beat this team and at worst we should play them very tough.

b0ng
10-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Minnesota has some elite talent but unless they figured something out over the bye week they are definitely beatable. They have been underachieving all year. We are going to be able to throw the ball against them, I mean Chicago and Kyle Orton put up 48 points on them a couple weeks ago. 48. Special teams contributed to that and I know Orton has opened some eyes this year but our offense is better than Chicago's. We will likely not get much against them on the ground but we can survive that because of our passing game. Defensively it will be an adventure but they are not a complete offense. If we have turned the corner we can beat this team and at worst we should play them very tough.

Our special teams should be able to put us in great field position all game long. It'll be real important I think.

gary
10-28-2008, 05:44 PM
We'll just have to out sore them because we don't have the D to hold them.

Norg
10-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Man we have a D they played good last game they didnt give up a TD through the hole game u know how hard that is then bended but didnt break

We have a D line that if its on all gears can get pressure on the QB

gary
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
AP though and our secondary kind of scares me in the first half on Sunday they were moving the football down the field.

The Pencil Neck
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM

As I said in the Bengal's game day thread, I have realized that if it's a Texan's game, I'm worried about it.

J-Russ
10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Their pass defense sucks.. so if the Williams are out of this game, expect AJ and Schaub to continue their reign of terror over the air.

Sal Rosenberg
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Their pass defense sucks.. so if the Williams are out of this game, expect AJ and Schaub to continue their reign of terror over the air.

Winfield is a stud!

b0ng
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Winfield is a stud!

Only when teamed with Pat and Kevin Williams, oh yeah, and Jared Allen too.

The Pencil Neck
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Let's just get a little perspective:

Game 1: Vikings lose to GB 19 to 24.
Game 2: Vikings lose to Indy 18 to 15.
Game 3: Vikings beat Panthers 20 to 10.
Game 4: Vikings lose to the Titans 30 to 17.
Game 5: Vikings beat the Saints 30 to 27.
Game 6: Vikings beat the Lions 12 to 10.
Game 7: Vikings lose to the Bears 48 to 41.

The thing that gets me is that the Vikings just seeam really inconsistent. I mean, squeaking a win over hte Lions but beating the Saints? Only getting field goals against the Colts?

We have hope.

ObsiWan
10-28-2008, 07:09 PM
As I said in the Bengal's game day thread, I have realized that if it's a Texan's game, I'm worried about it.

Did we mention this is a ROAD game??
Of course we're worried!

Sal Rosenberg
10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Two words : Gus ferotte

ObsiWan
10-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Two words : Gus ferotte

My five words trump your two:

Chris Myers against Kevin Williams

gary
10-28-2008, 07:28 PM
We've been able to stop some great backs so far but we must be ready for AP.

b0ng
10-28-2008, 07:36 PM
My five words trump your two:

Chris Myers against Kevin Williams

I only have one word to combat that:

SCHAUB2JOHNSON

DBCooper
10-28-2008, 07:38 PM
You guys are leaving out the biggest matchup:

Adrian vs Richard

gary
10-28-2008, 07:47 PM
I haven't left that out he must go.

Goldensilence
10-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Key will be if the Williams are out. If so we've got a really good chance to win if not I expect a good amount of bootleg and max protect formations. Rbs are going to be KEY this game in helping pick up extra blitzers and chip blocking.

b0ng
10-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Key will be if the Williams are out. If so we've got a really good chance to win if not I expect a good amount of bootleg and max protect formations. Rbs are going to be KEY this game in helping pick up extra blitzers and chip blocking.

The Williams will both play this Sunday. I'd be absolutely shocked if all of those people named in that list were all suspended this week or even next. The appeals process will be a long one.

gary
10-28-2008, 08:19 PM
That means Pitt will play.

ObsiWan
10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
I only have one word to combat that:

SCHAUB2JOHNSON

Schaub's gotta have time to throw
I'm leary about our O-line's ability to provide said time with the Williams boys in the middle and Allen coming from the edge.
The running game has gotta work so our play action will work.

(and I'd have gone with 8-to-80)

gary
10-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Our rbs are going to have to play well.

Texans_Chick
10-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Have a nice Vikings preview post that a Viking blogger helped me put together:

'Pacifist Viking' Attempts to Explain His Team (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/10/pacifist_viking_attempts_to_ex_1.html)

Really nice guy. Thought this part was particularly interesting:

And if you are watching the Vikings play, don't try make a quick dash to the bathroom during a special teams play. The special teams are terrible. The coverage is awful: they've given up three punt return touchdowns this season, and several long kickoff returns. But they might make mistakes in more creative ways. Will the punter fumble the snap then try kick the ball as it sits on the ground? Maybe. Will a punt returner go to block a gunner, then let the ball bounce off of him? It wouldn't be the first time.

Then again, the Vikes have also blocked a couple of field goal attempts this season, so the special teams haven't been a total negative. One way or another, though, you have to watch.

The Metrodome is usually a tough place for opponents, but Texan fans can be encouraged by this: Viking fans hate head coach Brad Childress and openly express this hatred during games. That means we regularly boo bad play calls, and may even start chanting "Fire Childress!"

jshabang
10-29-2008, 12:31 AM

'Pacifist Viking' Attempts to Explain His Team (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/10/pacifist_viking_attempts_to_ex_1.html)

that is poetry in motion...lo

although it has a erie feel of the reliant stadium up until a few weeks ago.......we were brutal to schaub and kubes up until the last 2 games....lol

Thorn
10-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Vikings fans are having an interesting discussion about the game this weekend. Their thread title is "Houston, we have a problem".

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17669

barrett
10-30-2008, 09:47 AM
TC what I found interesting was his comments about how the fans can really be taken out of the game. Someone else was saying that the metrodome can be one of the loudest places to play but it can also be one of the quietest. apparently, they have a tendency to quit as fans.

barrett
10-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Vikings fans are having an interesting discussion about the game this weekend. Their thread title is "Houston, we have a problem".

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17669

hee hee! they call childress "chilly"!

TheRealJoker
10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
TC what I found interesting was his comments about how the fans can really be taken out of the game. Someone else was saying that the metrodome can be one of the loudest places to play but it can also be one of the quietest. apparently, they have a tendency to quit as fans.

Schaub to AJ connection for a td right off the bat should take those mentally weak Minnesota fans out of the game!!! :fans:

spurstexanstros
10-30-2008, 12:30 PM

About that guys comment regarding the Vikings special teams, I dont think he will have to worry much about punt returns. Our defense is not good enough to consistantly make third down stops. I have to light some candles and find a rosary on third downs with the defense on the field. One of two things is gonna happen. AP will get a screen pass go for at lest 20 or Petey is gonna make Tavaris look like a probowler. I thnik jacoby is gonna have one maybe tow attempts. I just hope our Offense can still put up 30 a game against a stout Minn defense.

powerfuldragon
10-30-2008, 12:34 PM
unless they're complete idiots, the vikings should be sending all kinds of people to cover andre... i'm gonna look for Walter, Anderson, and the rest of the recievers to step up in a big way on sunday.

Texans_Chick
10-30-2008, 01:38 PM
About that guys comment regarding the Vikings special teams, I dont think he will have to worry much about punt returns. Our defense is not good enough to consistantly make third down stops. I have to light some candles and find a rosary on third downs with the defense on the field. One of two things is gonna happen. AP will get a screen pass go for at lest 20 or Petey is gonna make Tavaris look like a probowler. I thnik jacoby is gonna have one maybe tow attempts. I just hope our Offense can still put up 30 a game against a stout Minn defense.

There's something to that. IIRC, the Texans 3rd down defense percentage allowed is in the bottom quarter of the league at around 43%. This is despite being well rested relative and not having long time of possession relative to the other teams in that percentile (maybe because they let the other team score so fast.)

If you want to read some scary stuff, check out my latest Chron.com blog entry (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/10/my_houston_texans_tailgate_mov.html). Here's the part where I quote the Football Outsiders guy on the AP matchup:

Adrian Peterson (Vikings, plus-19 percent) and Chester Taylor (Vikings, plus-16 percent): Last year, the Vikings went up against the Raiders, who had the worst run defense in the NFL in 2007. Adrian Peterson was hurt and did not play. Chester Taylor was healthy, and he ran for 164 yards and three touchdowns. The Raiders' rush defense DVOA, for reference, was 16.7 percent.

This week, the Vikings go up against the Houston Texans, who currently have the worst rush defense in the NFL. Adrian Peterson is healthy as can be. He's at home. Oh, and the Texans' rush defense DVOA is 23.1 percent, nearly seven points worse than the Raiders' D. (Since it's a metric analyzing defense, higher numbers are bad, while negative numbers are great; Baltimore's league-leading rush defense has a -35.7 percent DVOA.) If there's a game this year where Adrian Peterson is most likely to challenge his single-game rushing record, it's this one. Taylor could get the spillover.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

There's other interesting stuff in that blog post too.

jaayteetx
10-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Turnovers, we NEED turnovers!!!

imatexan
10-30-2008, 02:21 PM
The fans on the Vikings f2f board are not too friendly

Mailman
10-30-2008, 03:31 PM
AP will get a screen pass go for at lest 20 or Petey is gonna make Tavaris look like a probowler.

Poor Petey. You know you're a pinata when you can make the guy holding the clipboard look like a Pro-Bowler without even entering the game.

El Tejano
10-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I am putting this game squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. With all these accolades, players of the month and week and talk about being a top offense in the league, it is the coaching staff who needs to be telling this unit they haven't acheived squat yet and are still a team with a losing record that is about to play on the road.

I'm hoping that Kubiak is keeping things in perspective for this group so that they don't go to Minn and lay an egg. Minnesota is going to bring it and we need to also. If we bring our A game we've shown what we can do but the key to being a playoff team is being consistent.

rollinstone18
10-30-2008, 03:36 PM
The vikes are coming off a bye, playing at home, have AD, and a top 10 defense.

Can't say I'm too confident about this one.

UK_Texan
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Definatly agree with that ^^.

Reckon if we can score a few unanswered points and build a healthy lead before halftime we should be ok.

gary
10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
AD will not be ready to play. Will he?

Mailman
10-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Why wouldn't he? He's the best RB in the NFL.

gary
10-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Our WR Adre Davis.

Andrew6
10-30-2008, 07:20 PM
You know I am not really that worried about this game. I know I should be but for some reason I have a peace and calm over me and I think we will win.

Passing Offense - Houston
Running Defense - Minny
Total Offense - Houston

Defense - not sure how theres are but I think they might have a better defense

Special teams - I am pretty sure we have the nod here

powerfuldragon
10-30-2008, 07:36 PM
i'm 'fraid of their d-line.

texanfreak
10-30-2008, 07:42 PM
For some strange reason, I see AD only getting 47 yards rushing don't ask why just a feeling.

gary
10-30-2008, 07:46 PM
You know I am not really that worried about this game. I know I should be but for some reason I have a peace and calm over me and I think we will win.

Passing Offense - Houston
Running Defense - Minny
Total Offense - Houston

Special teams - I am pretty sure we have the nod here:d::d::d::d:

Texan JBZ
10-30-2008, 08:48 PM
i'm 'fraid of their d-line.

I'm not. Jared Allen hasn't done squat this year. Duane Brown has went against better competition and done and admirable job. This isn't the same KC Jared Allen. As far as the Williams's, as long as our offense keeps moving the ball like it has been, they will tire down. Ray Edwards is their version of Anthony Weaver. EJ Henderson is out. Greenway is okay. Griffin is good. Winfield is exceptional, but I think Dre will own him. Sharper is older, and Johnson is a rook. Look for Schaub to have another big day. Slaton will go over 150 yards rushing. The Texans will control the clock, slow down (not shut down) AP, and win by 10.

Tedc
10-31-2008, 10:29 AM

Minnesota's defense is a very aggressive and attacking one. They are money against the run but give up plays in the air. Even so, they are constanly biting in order to create interceptions (even though they aren't very good at it). They are the most penalized defense in the NFL, which will play into our favor. They tend to cheat on the recievers rather than get beat and therefore get caught for a flag.

We should be able to get up and down the field almost at will in the air but we need to play smart as they try to create turnovers consistantly and effectively. Our receivers should have a good day.

gtexan02
10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Are they really so vulnerable in the air or is that teams don't try and run against them because they know its not worth it?

They rank 16th in passer rating allowed
and
21st in yards per pass play

So it looks like they are vulnerable against the pass

drewmar74
10-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Are they really so vulnerable in the air or is that teams don't try and run against them because they know its not worth it?

and

Either they are vulnerable against the pass OR so stiff against the run that opponents have to bail out on running the ball and go almost exclusively to the air.

Texan_Bill
10-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Either they are vulnerable against the pass OR so stiff against the run that opponents have to bail out on running the ball and go almost exclusively to the air.

They only average 2.9 yards per rush against and are ranked #2 in rush defense... Teams do average 24 rush attempts per game against them.

Tedc
10-31-2008, 10:48 AM

We have faced better ranked, and less penalized defenses this year and we still have a top rated offense.

If you take into consideration of the yards given up passing and the penalties and you have a very vulnerable defense.

drewmar74
10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
We have faced better ranked, and less penalized defenses this year and we still have a top rated offense.

If you take into consideration of the yards given up passing and the penalties and you have a very vulnerable defense.

Hey, I like y'all's version better.

Me, I'm believing for a good offensive performance. Get up early, take the Viking crowd out of the game, and get our first 4 game win streak under our belt.

gary
10-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Our O is ranked fourth in the NFL lets continue to show that this Sunday.

powerfuldragon
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM

and

there's light at the end of this here tunnel..

gary
11-01-2008, 03:16 PM
A win I hope.

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2008, 05:06 PM
there's light at the end of this here tunnel..

I'm hoping it's not the headlight of a big oncoming choo-choo. :shades:

DocBar
11-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Minnesota's defense is a very aggressive and attacking one. They are money against the run but give up plays in the air. Even so, they are constanly biting in order to create interceptions (even though they aren't very good at it). They are the most penalized defense in the NFL, which will play into our favor. They tend to cheat on the recievers rather than get beat and therefore get caught for a flag.

We should be able to get up and down the field almost at will in the air but we need to play smart as they try to create turnovers consistantly and effectively. Our receivers should have a good day.
I think we'll capitalize on their aggressive defense and open up some naked bootlegs, screens and counter plays to slow them down some and bring the safeties up. Kubes and Shannahan have gotten pretty good at drawing up some decent game plans and 2.9 ypc won't stop us from calling running plays to keep the D honest.