PDA

View Full Version : Andre Johnson Is Big Time

Runner
10-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Dre had quite the game. I'd like to see him finish the year playing at this level. I could do without them unloading those big hits on him though.

Corrosion
10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
He did take quite a few big hits today , some of those Schaub could save him by getting him the ball a lower. Nice game by him and the whole group of recievers today.

DiehardChris
10-26-2008, 10:01 PM
He's an absolute monster. I wonder how much of a motivating factor those two TD drops against Tennessee are in all of this.

Also - they showed someone in the crowd at Reliant with a sign that said "Ocho Cero". LOL that was awesome. Also - one that said "Our Johnson is better than your Johnson." Come to think of it, that all might have been on the same sign.

TEXANRED
10-26-2008, 10:03 PM
AJ is the best receiver in the league. Hands down.

Pantherstang84
10-26-2008, 10:03 PM
He's an absolute monster. I wonder how much of a motivating factor those two TD drops against Tennessee are in all of this.

Also - they showed someone in the crowd at Reliant with a sign that said "Ocho Cero". LOL that was awesome. Also - one that said "Our Johnson is better than your Johnson." Come to think of it, that all might have been on the same sign.

Yeah. Those signs were hilarious?

TexansLucky13
10-26-2008, 10:15 PM
He leads the league with 772 yards receiving... the next player is Greg Jennings with 685. No one will catch him this season.

mexican_texan
10-26-2008, 10:16 PM
David Anderson will finish the season with better numbers and better hair.

Texan Asylum
10-26-2008, 10:19 PM
AJ is the best receiver in the league. Hands down.

I was listening to the game on an audio feed from Cincy over the internet, and they spent a good deal of time talking about AJ. They kept referring to AJ as a freak, only the good kind, as to his size, strength, and ability. :texflag:

Made me proud! :cry2:

DiehardChris
10-26-2008, 10:24 PM

Yeah? Maybe? Maybe not?

TexansLucky13
10-26-2008, 10:39 PM

Yeah? Maybe? Maybe not?

LOL, reminds me of Ron Burgundy... "Who put a question mark there???"

IlliniJen
10-26-2008, 10:42 PM
I found this pic on chron.com and took a little liberty with it.

http://i34.tinypic.com/k47128.jpg

DiehardChris
10-26-2008, 10:44 PM

http://i34.tinypic.com/k47128.jpg

Dammit - I can never rep you, but that is magnificent. LOL!

TexansLucky13
10-26-2008, 10:45 PM

Haha, Awesome! I bet Ocho Cinco wishes he were in a Texans jersey right about now. Hey... if the price is right...

texanhead08
10-26-2008, 10:47 PM
AJ was a beast again today. He has been superhuman during this homestand.

sometexansfan
10-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Haha, Awesome! I bet Ocho Cinco wishes he were in a Texans jersey right about now. Hey... if the price is right...

Boy are you crazy?!!!!

HardcoreTexan
10-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Andre Johnson is definatly the best..Once again I feel he is hands down Hawaii bound.:specnatz:

TheRealJoker
10-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Andre Johnson is definatly the best..Once again I feel he is hands down Hawaii bound.:specnatz:

He keeps playing like this he'll be hands down Canton bound!!! :fans:

HardcoreTexan
10-26-2008, 11:41 PM
He keeps playing like this he'll be hands down Canton bound!!! :fans:

Couldn't agree more.:fans:

DBCooper
10-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Andre is playing like a man possessed.

Andre has always been good. But now he has figured out that he is bigger, faster, and stronger than the competition.

He is forcing his will on the opposing db's.

That is what a champion does.

Norg
10-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Aj is a beast thats all that needs to be said although thoes licks he took scare me thats how he got hurt last time

MS needs to practice some safe pitches to AJ during practice iam sure he knows this if AJ gots cushion it does not have to be on mark throw it lower thats safer

HJam72
10-27-2008, 12:19 AM
He takes those licks because his favorite route is the slant. AJ needs to find another favorite route....like the one where he makes a bee line for the endzone.

TexansLucky13
10-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Eh, the big hits aren't a result of Schaub's ball placement. The safeties were playing tight on AJ so they were there a few moments after he caught the ball on all of them.

The only reason to call a QB out for a WR taking hits is if the hit occurs as the ball reaches the receiver. That didn't happen today... AJ made himself a pretty good cushion the whole time and Matt placed the ball right on him.

Kulluminatii
10-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Man, I got a lot of respect for Johnson. He has been playing at a high caliber every week, hopefully he continues to do so. He is a very big guy but is also quick on his feet, hard to find a player like that nowadays. I have no doubt that he will make it to the Pro-Bowl, and eventually to the Super Bowl(hopefully this year)!

DexmanC
10-27-2008, 03:14 AM
Aj is a beast thats all that needs to be said although thoes licks he took scare me thats how he got hurt last time

How safe can it be to receive a pass OVER THE MIDDLE? Andre is tough
enough to keep running slant routes OVER THE MIDDLE, he's gonna
get HIT. It's part of FOOTBALL. Why do receivers always talk about how
tough it is to GO OVER THE MIDDLE?

Commend Andre for his bravery, I don't think Matt has to baby the man.

mancunian
10-27-2008, 04:03 AM
He leads the league with 772 yards receiving... the next player is Greg Jennings with 685. No one will catch him this season.

As long as he stays healthy...I have as many parts of my anatomy crossed.....

threetoedpete
10-27-2008, 04:09 AM
tick tock ,tick tock.....

Well there is no question that the rainmaker put this team on his back the month of October, and drug them, fumbling, stumbling, and screaming out of the cellar. He's only got so many seasons left and only so many shots at the big game. Without the big stage he has no shot at the hall. The locker room is talking about how much they love the guy. Play better. Get him his shot at the big game.

GlassHalfFull
10-27-2008, 04:10 AM

The best part of this would be if Joel Dressen wouldn't give up #85. Can you imagine what he would be able to get out of Ocho Cinco for the number?

Nah, just fun to think about.

Anyway, I did worry about the hits Andre was taking yesterday. He is going to be pretty sore today. But he is just awesome and I much prefer this Johnson. :fans:

nunusguy
10-27-2008, 07:44 AM
One of the big differences between AJ and other "name" WRs is that he goes over the middle and catchs the ball in heavy traffic, taking the big-hits from the head-hunting safetys. He's got the size & strength and pure football mentality to do that and he demonstrated it again and again yesterday.
My biggest complaint about AJ in the past was that he dropped too many balls, which clearly is a mental issue having to do with concentration/focus. Well yesterday he was "in the zone", with total focus on the job at hand.

The Pencil Neck
10-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Schaub actually usually throws the ball a little behind AJ in an attempt to minimize those hits sometimes he throws it low for the same purpose. He doesn't stretch him out very often.

Wolf
10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Mario Williams
TCKL 25
SCK 7.0
FF 3

:wild:

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023750

Chance_C
10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Eh, the big hits aren't a result of Schaub's ball placement. The safeties were playing tight on AJ so they were there a few moments after he caught the ball on all of them.

The only reason to call a QB out for a WR taking hits is if the hit occurs as the ball reaches the receiver. That didn't happen today... AJ made himself a pretty good cushion the whole time and Matt placed the ball right on him.

Good post...QFT
One of the reasons he was able to hold onto the ball because he had time to secure it before the defender got there. The other reason is because he's obviously a badass.

steve110340
10-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Way to Go AJ :specnatz::splits::splits::texflag::texflag:

brakos82
10-27-2008, 05:45 PM
As long as he stays healthy...I have as many parts of my anatomy crossed.....
Getting your tubes tied too? :user:

ATXtexanfan
10-27-2008, 06:45 PM

lol a thousand times

HJam72
10-27-2008, 06:53 PM

Gotta support tha team! :coolb::jam: