PDA

View Full Version : Er, apparently we've now released RB Chris Taylor

DiehardChris
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM
According to the transactions page (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp) on the official site, we've waived Chris Taylor now, not long after putting him on IR. I guess they reached some kind of settlement?

I liked Taylor, but I guess the team has just decided to move on and not even deal with him after so many injures.

Next step - can we also please release Chris Brown?

kman65
10-26-2008, 10:36 PM
That's interesting. Especially after Green looked a little 'hurt' from the horsecollar call late in the game. Though, I do have to say that Moats, on his couple of plays at the end of the game, looked pretty good.

DiehardChris
10-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah... I mean, Taylor was on IR so he wasn't going to play for us this year anyway, but I was just a little surprised considering how much the coaches love Taylor. Maybe it's because they feel like he can hook on with another team, and they don't see as much of a future with him anymore now with the emergence of Slaton - so they cut him loose as a courtesy to him so he could sign somewhere else?

Still - they need a longer-term solution for the other piece of the Slaton/???? combo, because we all know Green isn't it.

Hottoddie
10-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Still - they need a longer-term solution for the other piece of the Slaton/???? combo, because we all know Green isn't it.

I'd like us to take a look at Michael Bush. With Fargas & McFaddin, Oakland might part with him for a late round pick (5th?). If he's completely healed, he could be the thunder to go with our lightning.

Norg
10-27-2008, 01:25 AM
hmm next year are RB core will look the same depending on if green can stay healthy

if not he will be replaced with Brown if hes healthy

slaton will be are main man along with Demps has a backup

and maybe Brown or a FA signing of a Thunder like RB

DiehardChris
10-27-2008, 01:33 AM
There's a guy wasting away on the Titans bench that I think would be the PERFECT thunder to Slaton's lightning - Chris Henry. He's like a poor man's Marion Barber. Physical, punishing runner, built like a linebacker. Not sure about his character history though... also, I don't know how long his contract is - but he's probably not an RFA for a couple more years.

threetoedpete
10-27-2008, 03:14 AM
Last time we made a deal with the tacks, they took everything but our undies.

When the coach stops yelling at you, you're on your way out. They gave the guy every chance and more than he should of got. Trading period is over until next February. And no....I don't spend a one or a two on Micheal Bush. Save your move up ammo for when you're going to need it. That would be next April.

mancunian
10-27-2008, 05:09 AM
I'd like us to take a look at Michael Bush. With Fargas & McFaddin, Oakland might part with him for a late round pick (5th?). If he's completely healed, he could be the thunder to go with our lightning.

More likely a 3rd. I actually think that they will keep him. Fargas has a contract that is structured in a way that they can cut him at the end of the year and not face a huge cap hit.

DiehardChris
10-28-2008, 04:18 PM
No way will we give up draft picks for a RB... it's gonna be FA or draft.

You know - now that mancunian mentioned Fargas - he wouldn't be a bad compliment to Slaton. He'll probably want an opportunity to start wherever he goes, but if I'm not mistaken he's a power runner... though I have no idea if his skill set is right for ZBS.

If the Raiders do cut him and go with a DMC/Bush combo, Fargas might be a guy worth looking at. He's relatively young too, IIRC.

HoustonFrog
10-28-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm not surprised at this. I never saw Taylor do anything besides that Cleveland game and people have been hanging their hats on that ever since. He didn't show he was any better than what we had.

DiehardChris
10-28-2008, 04:34 PM
It wouldn't shock me to see him back in the offseason if nobody picks him up. I can't imagine Green being back next year, even with as well as things have been going for him lately.

Malloy
10-28-2008, 05:43 PM
It wouldn't shock me to see him back in the offseason if nobody picks him up. I can't imagine Green being back next year, even with as well as things have been going for him lately.

Personally I dont mind Green here BUT!!! He plays = he's in, the second he goes down = outa here.

ATXtexanfan
10-28-2008, 06:44 PM
the chris taylor experiment is finally over. never cared for him.