PDA

View Full Version : Houston: We have a Winning Streak!

Pantherstang84
10-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Let's hear about it!:kingkong::kingkong:

will742
10-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Wooooo! :splits::splits:

Texan Asylum
10-26-2008, 06:49 PM
On the climb? I think so...:fans:

The attitude begins with wins! :texflag:

superdave532
10-26-2008, 06:50 PM
we have more than a winning streak, we finally have a blow out game. hopefully the first of many

eriadoc
10-26-2008, 06:50 PM
This is the kind of win I've been waiting for, for years now. Beat the teams you're supposed to beat, and beat them convincingly.

steds
10-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Supporting a winning team is fun. Had been wondering what it would be like.

superdave532
10-26-2008, 07:01 PM
we also have the same record as jville now

BeerTastesLikeVictory
10-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Somewhere David Carr is getting a haircut.

ATXtexanfan
10-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Would anyone care for a 4th in a row?

Pantherstang84
10-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Would anyone care for a 4th in a row?

Absolutely!

alphajoker
10-26-2008, 07:15 PM
This is the kind of win I've been waiting for, for years now. Beat the teams you're supposed to beat, and beat them convincingly.

Me too! This was a nice ass whipping that didn't include a lot of me yelling and scaring the dog.

New_Texans
10-26-2008, 07:17 PM
I love how i log in and theres no

SCHAUB SUCKS threads

this is nice.

Giant Tiger
10-26-2008, 07:20 PM

I couldn't have said it any better :tiphat: :goodpost:

ChrisG
10-26-2008, 07:22 PM
:jogger::photos: woohoo

Silver Oak
10-26-2008, 08:18 PM
just glad I won't have to read any more posts about the Texans lack of having never won 3 in a row.

GuerillaBlack
10-26-2008, 08:32 PM
we have more than a winning streak, we finally have a blow out game. hopefully the first of many

We've had blowout games before though. I hope we beat the Vikings next week. Their running game scares me, but that's about it.

BeTexans
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
We are getting back to the track:whip::whip:btw, saw some cool widgets at statbeast.com, very helpful

OzzO
10-26-2008, 08:54 PM
We've had blowout games before though. I hope we beat the Vikings next week. Their running game scares me, but that's about it.

21 v. Jags was the last one - we topped that.

WHOOOOOOOOT!!! 3 in a row and a keeping the foot to the throat! Good win Texans (though I couldn't really celebrate till the last int by D-Rob... based off past experience)

sometexansfan
10-26-2008, 09:05 PM
About time. :specnatz: Whoo hoo!!!!!!!

Dan B.
10-26-2008, 09:22 PM

Yeah. And our rush defense scares me too. We gave up over 5 YPC to Ced Benson today. I shudder to think what Peterson may do. The Texans are also long overdue for a good road game. Jacksonville was close, but we have to learn to beat good teams on the road. This is a big test for us. After this streak Kubes shouldn't have trouble building up confidence, but he and the team need to build on this game and close well next week. Schaub needs to come out breathing fire.

I also think Minny has a killer D-Line, which was bad news vs Pittsburgh or Tennessee. I hope Schaub isn't running for his life next week. The Vikes are IMO the best team we have played since Tennessee in fact, although Indy when healthy is better and far more dangerous.

I hate to sound so negative. I went to the game today and had a blast. We looked great overall, although the defense IMO wasn't really clicking until the fourth. Slaton also took a while to get rolling, although I thought that Cincy was overcompensating for Steve early on allowing Schaub to get some great passes off on a few play fakes.

Although I wouldn't put money on them, I think we have a good shot next week. We just can't let a modest win streak get in our heads, the same way we couldn't let a modest 4 game losing streak ruin our season from the start.

MEGA SWATT
10-26-2008, 09:23 PM
awesome:d:

cowbellm00
10-26-2008, 09:30 PM
:texflag:hooray! we've won three gimmies. our 1st real test is this coming sunday in Minn. When we win that game, I'll jump on the band wagon with all of y'all :)

MEGA SWATT
10-26-2008, 09:34 PM
:texflag:hooray! we've won three gimmies. our 1st real test is this coming sunday in Minn. When we win that game, I'll jump on the band wagon with all of y'all :)

You act like we beat the bengals on a 57 yard prayer from Kris Brown:foottap:

TexansFight
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Today was an extemely gratifying win. We finally after 7 years have a winning streak. Excellent game from start to finish. Love seeing Dunta getting back to form and getting his first INT.

euro-Texan
10-26-2008, 09:37 PM

Look at how many good teams have lost their "gimmies" this season. Beating the teams we are supposed to is what we have never done well before.

HJam72
10-26-2008, 09:37 PM

Speaking of which, I bet he would've made that 60+ yarder at the end of the half if he'd been given a shot at it. Woulda been fun to watch.

Kaiser Toro
10-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Hallelejah! Special teams, Defense and Offense all contributed. A complete arse kicking to a team that did not respect us and one that we should have kicked their arse. Very gratifying. :texflag:

MEGA SWATT
10-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Speaking of which, I bet he would've made that 60+ yarder at the end of the half if he'd been given a shot at it. Woulda been fun to watch.

u never know:mshadows:

DocBar
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Somewhere David Carr is getting a haircut. That cracked me up! I wonder if he's wearing his gloves?

Yeah. And our rush defense scares me too. We gave up over 5 YPC to Ced Benson today. I shudder to think what Peterson may do. The Texans are also long overdue for a good road game. Jacksonville was close, but we have to learn to beat good teams on the road. This is a big test for us. After this streak Kubes shouldn't have trouble building up confidence, but he and the team need to build on this game and close well next week. Schaub needs to come out breathing fire.

I also think Minny has a killer D-Line, which was bad news vs Pittsburgh or Tennessee. I hope Schaub isn't running for his life next week. The Vikes are IMO the best team we have played since Tennessee in fact, although Indy when healthy is better and far more dangerous.

I hate to sound so negative. I went to the game today and had a blast. We looked great overall, although the defense IMO wasn't really clicking until the fourth. Slaton also took a while to get rolling, although I thought that Cincy was overcompensating for Steve early on allowing Schaub to get some great passes off on a few play fakes.

Although I wouldn't put money on them, I think we have a good shot next week. We just can't let a modest win streak get in our heads, the same way we couldn't let a modest 4 game losing streak ruin our season from the start. A 3 game winning streak may be modest for SOME teams in this league, but it's a MAJOR accomplishment for the Texans. I hope AJ hasn't paid for a meal the last 3 games, cuz he's making some TOUGH catches and making Schaub look BRILLIANT. I guess Kubes' talk with Schaub really hit home after those dropped TD passes against the tacks. Our D still scares the crap out of me, though. At least the O is doing good enough that we can concentrate on the secondary in the offseason...starting with a new DC.

MEGA SWATT

dang, did you hit the nail on the head on KB's career long 57 yarder:goodpost:

u know your stuff.

MEGA SWATT
dang, did you hit the nail on the head on KB's career long 57 yarder:goodpost:

u know your stuff.

thanks.

and I did not even google it:pirate:

Corrosion
10-26-2008, 09:45 PM

Although I wouldn't put money on them, I think we have a good shot next week. We just can't let a modest win streak get in our heads, the same way we couldn't let a modest 4 game losing streak ruin our season from the start.

The Vikes could be missing two DT's next for next weeks game pending their appeal for a banned substance .... I posted a link (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1033566#post1033566) in the NFL section

Dan B.
10-26-2008, 09:56 PM
The Vikes could be missing two DT's next for next weeks game pending their appeal for a banned substance .... I posted a link (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1033566#post1033566) in the NFL section

That would be huge IMO, but we may be missing Pittman, so it all evens out.

:sarcasm:

Pantherstang84
10-26-2008, 10:07 PM

That's ok. We'll pass. You would be the first one off at the first sign of trouble anyway.

imatexan
10-26-2008, 10:16 PM
We killed them! I loved it, 3 in a row!

I stayed until the end yelling to beat the Vikings next week because they game was win in the 3rd!

I like this feeling!

GP
10-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I love how i log in and theres no

SCHAUB SUCKS threads

this is nice.

They probably start up again when we play teams that are actually competent. Matt does well when he's not pressured, and he hasn't been pressured for three weeks now.

I mean, this little 3-straight-win Alka Seltzer hit the spot for me, because losing was awful, but our defense can't begin to even pretend that they can hold off legitimate offenses, and Schaub himself will be facing better defenses that will blitz and cover our WRs better. Getting the running game going, early, is critical to Schaub's survival from here on out.

Ya'll do understand that we just beat the Dolphins, Lions, and Bengals...don't you?

I mean, let's not go acting like we're world beaters.

Like I've said: When Schaub rolls off about another 7 or 8 of these performances like he's had the past three weeks, then I can personally start believing that the guy is going to make it as a starter. He was his BEST today, and he looked the guy we thought he was when we made the trade.

But....I won't get so drunk on the euphoria of beating Dolphins/Lions/Bengals that I lose my head and start worshipping at the altar of Schaub. Cuz our defense can't handle legitimate offenses, and that makes for a long day for Matt Schaub, or Sage Rosenfels, or anybody you throw back there at QB.

Once you fall behind, early, you can't hand the ball off to Slaton because the opposing defense is just keying on the pass and bringing the house on every play. Richard Smith is a block of cement around the legs of this team, and I'd say 85% of our schedule is the ocean.

Buffi2
10-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Awesome game! I could become accustomed to games such as this on a weekly basis.:smiliedance:

Pantherstang84
10-26-2008, 10:42 PM
And here comes the Danny Downer of the group.

We can pessimistic tomorrow about how horrible this team is if you prefer. At least let us have this day. No one is saying the Texans is going to win out and everything is just peachy. We are just trying to enjoy the first winning streak on the team's history and you won't even let us have that.

GP
10-26-2008, 10:52 PM
And here comes the Danny Downer of the group.

We can pessimistic tomorrow about how horrible this team is if you prefer. At least let us have this day. No one is saying the Texans is going to win out and everything is just peachy. We are just trying to enjoy the first winning streak on the team's history and you won't even let us have that.

Oh, you little baby. I am not denying you anything. My goodness. If I have THAT much power over how you "feel," then that's pretty pathetic of YOU. Your the sort of poster who just can't wait to spout off something like that because you want the next four or five posters after you to quote you and pat you on the back for it. Been here long enough to see that one coming.

If you don't like my post(s) then just move along when you see it's me. I didn't have an agenda, I just wanted to share that THIS fan is already grinding his teeth for the weeks to come. Play time is over.

Consider my post a goodwill gesture: It's my way of helping you stay grounded in reality, rather than float off into outer space with so much helium in your head after the fantazmically amazical 3-game streak that has enraptured our fan base all of a sudden.

Like I said (and I wonder if you read it?): It was good to win, because losing was so awful, but...

Let's act like we know where this train is making its stops for the rest of the season. The Texans are a frustrating team because they look so good against bad teams, but they get exposed at a lot of different levels when they play a PROFICIENT team. Tell me I'm wrong, and how I'm wrong...

Pantherstang84
10-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Oh, you little baby. I am not denying you anything. My goodness. If I have THAT much power over how you "feel," then that's pretty pathetic of YOU. Your the sort of poster who just can't wait to spout off something like that because you want the next four or five posters after you to quote you and pat you on the back for it. Been here long enough to see that one coming.

If you don't like my post(s) then just move along when you see it's me. I didn't have an agenda, I just wanted to share that THIS fan is already grinding his teeth for the weeks to come. Play time is over.

Consider my post a goodwill gesture: It's my way of helping you stay grounded in reality, rather than float off into outer space with so much helium in your head after the fantazmically amazical 3-game streak that has enraptured our fan base all of a sudden.

Like I said (and I wonder if you read it?): It was good to win, because losing was so awful, but...

Let's act like we know where this train is making its stops for the rest of the season. The Texans are a frustrating team because they look so good against bad teams, but they get exposed at a lot of different levels when they play a PROFICIENT team. Tell me I'm wrong, and how I'm wrong...

Look at you calling names and everything? Wow! You must be the smartest person in the world.

Noone said you was wrong big guy! We were just trying, trying to enjoy one of the few happy days in this team's 7 year history. That was the whole point of this thread.

Now you have all week to unload you superior football knowledge before the Vikings game.

Hervoyel
10-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Well I'm not thinking that the defense is suddenly turned some kind of corner but I do think that it was nice to see that if they get to play from a position of being up by 2-3 scores they can play reasonable D. That's something that even bad defenses can generally manage but the Texans aren't usually "way out front" so we never got to see that.

That was nice to see. Good win though no doubt. If we're trying to be a good team then we have to do what good teams do when they meet bad teams and that is of course destroy them. At least for today it was mission accomplished.

DBCooper
10-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Great game.

This is what I want to see every Sunday.

Ass whoopin, Texas-style!

GP
10-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Look at you calling names and everything? Wow! You must be the smartest person in the world.

Noone said you was wrong big guy! We were just trying, trying to enjoy one of the few happy days in this team's 7 year history. That was the whole point of this thread.

Now you have all week to unload you superior football knowledge before the Vikings game.

My "superior football knowledge" is pretty simplistic: We get RAN on by teams with great running games. Did you watch the the Tennessee game? I have a feeling Adrian Peterson is going to have a big day against us.

Our defense is like a Dyson Vacuum Cleaner: It never loses suction. Never.

We can put up 28 points, or more, but our defense can let a competent team put up 29 or more. Easily.

We're *3-4. I'll let you figure out what the asterisk is for. It has to do with the wins and losses of the the three teams we have beaten.

Pantherstang84
10-27-2008, 01:03 PM
My "superior football knowledge" is pretty simplistic: We get RAN on by teams with great running games. Did you watch the the Tennessee game? I have a feeling Adrian Peterson is going to have a big day against us.

Our defense is like a Dyson Vacuum Cleaner: It never loses suction. Never.

We can put up 28 points, or more, but our defense can let a competent team put up 29 or more. Easily.

We're *3-4. I'll let you figure out what the asterisk is for. It has to do with the wins and losses of the the three teams we have beaten.

I'm certainly not blind to the problems on defense. If you look real close on the left side of this post you might see my pink soap. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

I just wanted to enjoy the team's first same season 3 game winning streak for one day. Hence, the reason I started this thread. You do need to recognize accomplishments, however minor they might be, and give them recognition.

That day is over and now it's time to come back to reality. So yes oh wise one. The defense still sucks.

Buffi2
10-27-2008, 01:20 PM
The defense got somewhat better as the game progressed which gives me hope for the remaining games - or maybe I'm just still tired from 4 games/4 tailgates/ 4 weeks or euphoric that we actually trounced a bad team.

No matter the problems that are still with us - yesterday was good and we should be proud of our team for actually pulling off a third win in a row. I realize that playing a full 60 minutes has been on our list of things to do for 7 years now - we finally managed to pull that sucker to the top of the list and accomplish it. That, fans, is a feat and I don't care who we played.

Momentum and success can do a whole lot toward motivating people to overachieve. I'm thinking that our defense just might be ready to do the impossible and that is stop AP next Sunday.

This was a good win - my preference would be to spend this week with a smile on our collective faces and wait until after Minnesota to deal with reality. This Homer thinks that we will all be pleasantly surprised.
:texflag::texflag:

steve110340
10-27-2008, 02:07 PM
WooHoo:texflag::texflag::whip::whip:

GP
10-27-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm certainly not blind to the problems on defense. If you look real close on the left side of this post you might see my pink soap. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

I just wanted to enjoy the team's first same season 3 game winning streak for one day. Hence, the reason I started this thread. You do need to recognize accomplishments, however minor they might be, and give them recognition.

That day is over and now it's time to come back to reality. So yes oh wise one. The defense still sucks.

I take the approach of looking at this team in its totality.

Recognizing the "good" is worthless if the "bad" will sink the "good" when it counts the most. A dog chases a car...what's he going to do IF he catches it? Nothing. I'll be raving about this team when we're beating teams like the Steelers, or Giants, or maybe even perhaps the freaking Titans/Jags/Colts.

You started the thread, so congrats to you. I'm sorry I didn't pat you on the back and approve of it. You could have skipped over my opinions, but you chose to counter them. So here we are: In that familiar place again...:jogger:

Pantherstang84
10-27-2008, 03:22 PM
I take the approach of looking at this team in its totality.

Recognizing the "good" is worthless if the "bad" will sink the "good" when it counts the most. A dog chases a car...what's he going to do IF he catches it? Nothing. I'll be raving about this team when we're beating teams like the Steelers, or Giants, or maybe even perhaps the freaking Titans/Jags/Colts.

You started the thread, so congrats to you. I'm sorry I didn't pat you on the back and approve of it. You could have skipped over my opinions, but you chose to counter them. So here we are: In that familiar place again...:jogger:

On the same token. You could have ignored the thread if you didn't approve, but you didn't. So yes here we are again.

GP
10-27-2008, 03:57 PM
On the same token. You could have ignored the thread if you didn't approve, but you didn't. So yes here we are again.

You started a thread, I made a reply in it. That's what threads are for. Right?

But you got pissy when I didn't pat you on the back for it. So you're defending your thread (or moreso the thoughts you have on the topic). I guess you expected a 100% return on your investment?

Congrats to both of us: We stated opposing views on an opinion-based message board.

My main point is this, and I'm going to stay on topic here: This year's Texans are not doing well against GOOD teams. And if we don't beat good teams, then beating the bad teams isn't really all that fun. At least it isn't to me. Rejoicing so much in the Cincy win is like being proud of yourself for squishing a frog on the sidewalk.

I think it's ironic (or maybe a little sadistic, actually) that we got scheduled Steelers, Titans, Jags, Indy at the first of the season...and then the NFL handed us Miami-Detroit-Cincy three in a row. Talk about a weird way to schedule our opponents. Of course we were going to 0-4, and of course we were going to go 3-0 afterwards. LOL.

Pantherstang84
10-27-2008, 05:27 PM
You started a thread, I made a reply in it. That's what threads are for. Right?

But you got pissy when I didn't pat you on the back for it. So you're defending your thread (or moreso the thoughts you have on the topic). I guess you expected a 100% return on your investment?

Congrats to both of us: We stated opposing views on an opinion-based message board.

My main point is this, and I'm going to stay on topic here: This year's Texans are not doing well against GOOD teams. And if we don't beat good teams, then beating the bad teams isn't really all that fun. At least it isn't to me. Rejoicing so much in the Cincy win is like being proud of yourself for squishing a frog on the sidewalk.

I think it's ironic (or maybe a little sadistic, actually) that we got scheduled Steelers, Titans, Jags, Indy at the first of the season...and then the NFL handed us Miami-Detroit-Cincy three in a row. Talk about a weird way to schedule our opponents. Of course we were going to 0-4, and of course we were going to go 3-0 afterwards. LOL.

It wasn't so much the wins over Cincy, Detroit, and Miami (who btw doesn't really look like the patsy you make them out to be). It was the wins themselves. However, if it makes you feel better to dwell on the negatives in life, I won't rain on your parade. If it makes you feel better, you can have the last word. I yield the floor.