PDA

View Full Version : Sigh... Go Titans?

Yankee_In_TX
10-24-2008, 10:05 AM
I think I may pokes out my eyes and cut off my fingers......

Do we, as Texans fans, need to pull for an Indy loss this week?

No, a 747 crash into the stadium is NOT a choice.

eriadoc
10-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Well, though the situation is bleak, we do not need a team at the top to run away with it. So we need the Tacks to go on a losing streak (maybe they could put VY back in at QB), and we need the Jags and Colts to keep going the way they're going.

And of course, we need our guys to play like they belong.

GlassHalfFull
10-24-2008, 10:25 AM
While I agree that option c is a bad choice, due to the loss on innocent life in the plane, surely we can come up with an acceptable option C. That is the direction I would like to see this thread head in.

BigWig
10-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Pretty simple, Need the Colts to win, so we can start climbing back into contention in our division.

OzzO
10-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Eh - can Bud just patrol the sidelines like other GM's and some player get pushed out of bounds into him?

TxDavid
10-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Pretty simple, Need the Colts to win, so we can start climbing back into contention in our division.

Agreed. We're Colts fans this week. (ugh. Typing that left a bad taste on my keyboard.....)

Texan_Bill
10-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Agreed. We're Colts fans this week. (ugh. Typing that left a bad taste on my keyboard.....)

Why are you licking your keyboard???

BigBull17
10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
While I agree that option c is a bad choice, due to the loss on innocent life in the plane, surely we can come up with an acceptable option C. That is the direction I would like to see this thread head in.

Eh, they are Colt and Titan fans, Im ok with it... Anyway, either the Titans need to bury everyone, so we can squeek into a wildcard spot, or cras and burn. Sadly, option 2 isnt gonna happen. When you play D and run the ball, its hard to fall off to much.

Double Barrel
10-24-2008, 11:58 AM
My 6 yo son knows there are three football rules in my house:

1. ALWAYS root for the Texans.

2. NEVER root for the Titans.

3. Never root for the Cowboys.*

*the only exception is that you can 'root' for the Cowboys when they play the Titans.

Tedc
10-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Whenever the Titans play the Colts I always root for injuries (not career ending).:voodoo:

Corrosion
10-24-2008, 01:02 PM
My 6 yo son knows there are three football rules in my house:

1. ALWAYS root for the Texans.

2. NEVER root for the Titans.

3. Never root for the Cowboys.*

*the only exception is that you can 'root' for the Cowboys when they play the Titans.

In this case , rule #2 may need to be violated for the sake of the Texans .... a Titans win along with a Texans win this week evens the Texans and Dolts at 3-4 .... Combine that with a Jaq's loss to the Browns and we have a three way tie in the division at 3-4 ..... ugh what a dilemma.

Outside of the division leaders , Ten. , Denver , and Pittsburgh only New England is above .500 at this time .... so a play-off spot is not out of the question ..... but the Texans need to reach .500 before we really consider that a possibility.

Blazing Arrow
10-24-2008, 01:33 PM
In this case , rule #2 may need to be violated for the sake of the Texans .... a Titans win along with a Texans win this week evens the Texans and Dolts at 3-4 .... Combine that with a Jaq's loss to the Browns and we have a three way tie in the division at 3-4 ..... ugh what a dilemma.

Not so fast. If the Colts lose that puts them at 1-2 in division with a win over the Texans. Also the Jags would be sitting at 2-1 in division also with a win over the moos. Your only chance at a playoff spot is going to lie in Colts losing AND sweeping the remaining 3 division games. As it sits now if the Texans lose another division game they are sunk. You will not make the playoffs with 2 or less division wins. To many tie breakers you lose on.

cuppacoffee
10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Well, though the situation is bleak, we do not need a team at the top to run away with it. So we need the Tacks to go on a losing streak (maybe they could put VY back in at QB), and we need the Jags and Colts to keep going the way they're going.

And of course, we need our guys to play like they belong.

QFT

I long for the day when we can count on our team to control their own destiny and not need other teams to help us.

:coffee:

Corrosion
10-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Not so fast. If the Colts lose that puts them at 1-2 in division with a win over the Texans. Also the Jags would be sitting at 2-1 in division also with a win over the moos. Your only chance at a playoff spot is going to lie in Colts losing AND sweeping the remaining 3 division games. As it sits now if the Texans lose another division game they are sunk. You will not make the playoffs with 2 or less division wins. To many tie breakers you lose on.

You gotta start somewhere .... a Dolts loss and a Texans win this week is as good a place as any to begin.

TEXANRED
10-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Go COLTS!

Overalls
10-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Go COLTS!

Yep. I am hoping for a Colts win and a Jags loss. Then all three of the other division teams doing a crash and burn. I can never root for the Titans.

:fans:

Double Barrel
10-24-2008, 04:02 PM
In this case , rule #2 may need to be violated for the sake of the Texans ....

I just can't do it, man. Especially when it means that they stay undefeated.

Texan_Bill
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM

I'm with you on this one... I just can't bring myself to go there.

ledzeppelin229
10-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm not going to cheer for either. What happens, happens and then I'll look for the positives.

b0ng
10-25-2008, 05:39 PM
I think Nashville is up for some Oiler style let-down. Let em get to the playoffs with a great record, and then have a 35-3 happen to them.

They will then feel our pain. Somewhat.

SheTexan
10-25-2008, 07:03 PM

Me either DB!! Not gonna happen EVER!! GOOOOO COLTS!!!!

Giant Tiger
10-25-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm not going to cheer for either. What happens, happens and then I'll look for the positives.

Agreed. Let's take care of our games first. I'm not thinking about tie breakers at this point; I just want to beat the Bengals.

DBCooper
10-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Hell no!
Hell no!
Hell no!

Did I mention....... Hell No!

YellerLotYeller
10-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I woke up this morning feeling sick to my stomach, and I figured out why. If the tits beat the colts then we are tied for second in the division(ignoring tiebreakers).

When the game starts my head might explode.

gwallaia
10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Go Colts!

Silver Oak
10-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I gotta pull for the Colts. My undying hatred for Bud overwhelms anything and everything.

On a related note, I still think we beat the Titans at Reliant this year, hopefully costing them homefield in the playoffs..

powerfuldragon
10-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Go Colts!

:goodpost:

GlassHalfFull
10-27-2008, 06:43 PM
I think we should turn this thread into a game thread for the game tonight. I hate to waste a new thread on these two teams. I wanted to have people over tonight to watch with me, but my son decided to come down with a nasty little stomach virus and I didn't think it wise to contaminate others with his germs.

Anyway, who else is planning on watching. And please keep me company!!!!

mexican_texan
10-27-2008, 06:55 PM
I have to watch it in spanish. I traded ESPN for some soccer channels and now I only get the spanish ESPN. I look forward to seeing Kerrrrry Col-eeens throw pick after pick.

ATXtexanfan
10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
i'll take the colts over titans, everday for the rest of my life. being in the austin area i've grown to hate the titans, i'm so glad that we didn't take vy, it would have killed me to see all these half-ass horn fans act like they care about the texans, i'm gonna go smoke now

WesmanTexanfan
10-27-2008, 07:07 PM
I think I may pokes out my eyes and cut off my fingers......

Do we, as Texans fans, need to pull for an Indy loss this week?

No, a 747 crash into the stadium is NOT a choice.

hahah, lol, I am pullin for the Tiatns yes, I want Indy and jacksonville as far behind us as possible.....

Htownsportsfan
10-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I gotta pull for the Colts. My undying hatred for Bud overwhelms anything and everything.
On a related note, I still think we beat the Titans at Reliant this year, hopefully costing them homefield in the playoffs..

Hell yeah! Like Ron White says Bud Adams is lower than a flabby hunk of whale *******!

b0ng
10-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Titans run game looks bad, pass game looks fine. Colts run defense looks great pass defense is horrible.

Colts are up.

mexican_texan
10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Looks like the Titans aren't unstoppable.

ATXtexanfan
10-27-2008, 08:26 PM
titans are the nfl version of texas tech, what have they done? what would the texans record be if we had that schedule?

GlassHalfFull
10-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Dammit Peyton. LOL. That feels strange.

Htownsportsfan
10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Dammit Peyton. LOL. That feels strange.

LOL yeah it does!

Htownsportsfan
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
How in the hell do the Titans keep getting the ball off before the challenge.

GlassHalfFull
10-27-2008, 08:31 PM
How in the world was that not ruled a fumble??

What is going on, Indy just missed an interception.

Texecutioner
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Just about all of you are wrong. We need the Titans to win.

Why?

Because it's obvious that the Titans have a serious team this year. We are not going to catch up to the Titans record wise. We just aren't. We dug to big of a hole to catch them by the end of the season.

We need the Colts to LOSE more, because we have a legit shot at beating them out in the division for a wild card birth at least. The Titans are going to win the division for sure, because they have to good of a lead over the rest of the division and they aren't going to lose more than 4 games I can assure you. We have already lost 4 so realistically we won't be catching the Titans, so the best thing would be for the Titans to smash the Colts and the Jags for the rest of the season making each of their records worse.

Htownsportsfan
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Finally the mention of a record or the length of time since a miss comes back to haunt someone other than the Texans!

mexican_texan
10-27-2008, 08:34 PM
"He misses, just like Del Greco!"

--ESPNDeportes announcer

mexican_texan
10-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Why?

Because it's obvious that the Titans have a serious team this year. We are not going to catch up to the Titans record wise. We just aren't. We dug to big of a hole to catch them by the end of the season.

We need the Colts to LOSE more, because we have a legit shot at beating them out in the division for a wild card birth at least. The Titans are going to win the division for sure, because they have to good of a lead over the rest of the division and they aren't going to lose more than 4 games I can assure you. We have already lost 4 so realistically we won't be catching the Titans, so the best thing would be for the Titans to smash the Colts and the Jags for the rest of the season making each of their records worse.
Yes, while very true, we hate the Titans. We all have our reason. Me, I'm jealous. Most everyone else, it's the whole Oilers thing.

Htownsportsfan
10-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Why?

The Titans are out in front but if they can lose to a struggling Colts team they might find their way back to the pack. The Titans have not beaten a real quality team yet so if they cant win this one it shows their flaws.

b0ng
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I wish tackles for loss were counted as a fantasy stat.

Htownsportsfan
10-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I wish tackles for loss were counted as a fantasy stat.

A fellow owner of the Titans D I presume?

Texecutioner
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
The Titans are out in front but if they can lose to a struggling Colts team they might find their way back to the pack. The Titans have not beaten a real quality team yet so if they cant win this one it shows their flaws.

No, no, no. The Colts are not what they have been for the last few years. They are the vulnerable team right now. We are close to them record wise and have a shot at getting in front of them in the division. The Titans are going to win this division. They are beating teams on Defense alone and great defenses with as many great players as they have don't all of a sudden just fold up. They'll keep winning most likely.

We have a great shot at dethroning the Colts though. Their O line has fallen off a bit, and we proved that we can beat them, and we also proved that we can beat the Jags. So, it is actually good if the Titans beat the hell out of both of them, because that will continue to help us.

The only way for us to pull ahead and win the entire division would be to run the table for the rest of the season, and that isn't going to happen. We'll be lucky if we can get out of the next 9 games with only 2 losses and that would mean that the Titans would have to lose 6 games for the rest of the season. The Titans will go 12-4 at worst.

Hopefully the Titans smashes the Colts and the Jags and makes them easier to beat for us.

b0ng
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
A fellow owner of the Titans D I presume?

Yeah, I mean, why the hell not right?

Texan Asylum
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Why?

You make sense, but like Oak Express says...'It just ain't natural!' :mcnugget:

Texecutioner
10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
You make sense, but like Oak Express says...'It just ain't natural!' :mcnugget:

I hear ya man! I hate rooting for them as well, but we've got to look at the BIG picture. :texflag:

Htownsportsfan
10-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I mean, why the hell not right?

They have been great in fantasy! Its funny has change the way I look at some teams and players. I still pull against the Titans I just need them to lose from the other teams defensive points, or on a FG atthe worst.

GlassHalfFull
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
No, no, no. The Colts are not what they have been for the last few years. They are the vulnerable team right now. We are close to them record wise and have a shot at getting in front of them in the division. The Titans are going to win this division. They are beating teams on Defense alone and great defenses with as many great players as they have don't all of a sudden just fold up. They'll keep winning most likely.

We have a great shot at dethroning the Colts though. Their O line has fallen off a bit, and we proved that we can beat them, and we also proved that we can beat the Jags. So, it is actually good if the Titans beat the hell out of both of them, because that will continue to help us.

The only way for us to pull ahead and win the entire division would be to run the table for the rest of the season, and that isn't going to happen. We'll be lucky if we can get out of the next 9 games with only 2 losses and that would mean that the Titans would have to lose 6 games for the rest of the season. The Titans will go 12-4 at worst.

Hopefully the Titans smashes the Colts and the Jags and makes them easier to beat for us.

I have finally been able to accept that what I want, root for, care about, wear does not effect the outcome of the game. Ultimately, it doesn't make a difference to the two teams playing in Tenn tonight who I root for. So for tonight, I will root against the Titans, because I absolutely hate them. And if the Titans end up defeating them, well I can console myself that it may be for the best.

In the meantime, it is fun - in a perverse sort of way - to yell at Peyton for making mistakes. See, best of both worlds. I get to yell at the Colts and root against the Titans.

Texan Asylum
10-27-2008, 08:50 PM
I hear ya man! I hate rooting for them as well, but we've got to look at the BIG picture. :texflag:

Rep to you for taking one for the team! :texflag:

b0ng
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
They have been great in fantasy! Its funny has change the way I look at some teams and players. I still pull against the Titans I just need them to lose from the other teams defensive points, or on a FG atthe worst.

Their defense or running backs are the only thing they do worth a flip in fantasy.

mexican_texan
10-27-2008, 08:58 PM
This sure isn't as exciting as I thought.

ATXtexanfan
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
titans dont get blown out, they drag teams down to their level and wear them out. my money is on peyton though. he still owns the jags and titans.

Htownsportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Holy crap I think I just saw a Ghost that looked like Bud Adams walk behind Eddie George!

ATXtexanfan
10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
go peyton go.

DBCooper
10-27-2008, 09:27 PM

We are only 3 games behind the Titans with 9 games left.

We have to take care of our own business and have the Titans lose.
They can easily lose enough games. We win 3 more, they lose 3 more after tonight.

The only way I root for the titans is if we have to back into the playoffs. Hopefully this never has to happen.

DBCooper
10-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes, while very true, we hate the Titans. We all have our reason. Me, I'm jealous. Most everyone else, it's the whole Oilers thing.

Definitely, the whole Oiler thing.

Htownsportsfan
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM
The colts are doing a hell of a job on D! Loading up at the line and taking away some of the short routes and challenging Collins to throw down field!

Texecutioner
10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
We are only 3 games behind the Titans with 9 games left.

We have to take care of our own business and have the Titans lose.
They can easily lose enough games. We win 3 more, they lose 2 more after tonight.

The only way I root for the titans is if we have to back into the playoffs. Hopefully this never has to happen.

The Titans are undefeated right now. The Colts are 3-3. If they lose then we're tied for 2nd in the division. Beating them out for a wild card spot is a lot more realistic than winning enough games to win the division from the Titans at this point. That would be great if it were to happen, but it isn't highly probable at all. We need to jump ahead of the Colts first and then focus on chasing down the Titans which we'd be doing any way. We need the Colts to lose, get down and stay down.

So the most logical outcome that helps the Texans right now is for the Titans to take out our other divisional rivals helping top clear the way for us as a wild card birth.

DBCooper
10-27-2008, 09:50 PM
The Titans are undefeated right now. The Colts are 3-3. If they lose then we're tied for 2nd in the division. Beating them out for a wild card spot is a lot more realistic than winning enough games to win the division from the Titans at this point. That would be great if it were to happen, but it isn't highly probable at all. We need to jump ahead of the Colts first and then focus on chasing down the Titans which we'd be doing any way. We need the Colts to lose, get down and stay down.

So the most logical outcome that helps the Texans right now is for the Titans to take out our other divisional rivals helping top clear the way for us as a wild card birth.

Barking up the wrong tree, brother.

Texecutioner
10-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Barking up the wrong tree, brother.

Are you suggesting that it's a lock that we have a better record than the Colts at the end of the season?

DBCooper
10-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Are you suggesting that it's a lock that we have a better record than the Colts at the end of the season?

No, I am suggesting that I cannot root for the Titans.

lol

GlassHalfFull
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Can we stop arguing about who we want to win and just have fun whining about the game? Because I've never seen anyone on this board change their mind about anything, and I don't think this is going to be the first time.

GlassHalfFull
10-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Isn't it nice to see other team's receivers dropping the ball?

DBCooper
10-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Can we stop arguing about who we want to win and just have fun whining about the game? Because I've never seen anyone on this board change their mind about anything, and I don't think this is going to be the first time.

I changed mine about David Carr.

lol

GlassHalfFull
10-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Well, that looks like the ballgame. Unless Collins feels like pulling a Rosencopter.

17 pts, 3:31 left. Sounds doable to me.

gwallaia
10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
As I watch this game I am reminded of what a complete failure and a loser Sage Rosencopter is. If not for his remarkable stupidity, we would be 4-3 and in second place in the division.

BSofA04
10-27-2008, 10:36 PM
As I watch this game I am reminded of what a complete failure and a loser Sage Rosencopter is. If not for his remarkable stupidity, we would be 4-3 and in second place in the division.

I feel the same way. It hurts to watch the Colts play and know we gift wrapped a game they had no business of winning.

Specnatz
10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Isn't it nice to see other team's receivers dropping the ball?

I hope Minn does that a lot next week.

jshabang
10-27-2008, 10:41 PM
log jam at 3-4...

indy loss

Corrosion
10-27-2008, 11:14 PM
log jam at 3-4...

indy loss

DAMN .... last I looked at the score it was 14-6 .... I wont complain about Indy losing .... This puts the Texans in pretty decent position for a WC spot.

eriadoc
10-27-2008, 11:21 PM
I really want the Titans to put VY back in.

toronto
10-27-2008, 11:28 PM
I really want the Titans to put VY back in.

If that happens, you will then see Rush Limbaugh sporting a "I love Obama" shirt and not burning it.
:cowboy1:

7-0. Good god, this season is unreal.

mexican_texan
10-27-2008, 11:31 PM
I changed mine about David Carr.

lol
As did I, but I'll always secretly root for the guy.

eriadoc
10-27-2008, 11:33 PM
If that happens, you will then see Rush Limbaugh sporting a "I love Obama" shirt and not burning it.
:cowboy1:

7-0. Good god, this season is unreal.

If I could get Limbaugh to burn such a t-shirt while wearing it, I might be willing to endure a Titans SB win.

This is what I'm reduced to - rooting for VY to get on the field. Jeez.

StarStruck
10-27-2008, 11:39 PM
The guys on ESPN were talking about the Colts playing catchup and how the conference is shaping up for the playoffs. Emmitt said that catchup is only good on french fries and fish. Go Texans, handle your business.

Corrosion
10-28-2008, 12:08 AM
As did I, but I'll always secretly root for the guy.

Me too ....

ObsiWan
10-28-2008, 12:35 AM
This was perfect!
Titans not only win but show what is necessary to knock off the Colts.
Of course, knowing what to do is totally different than being able to pull it off...

2BCF
10-28-2008, 01:43 AM
I knew we shoulda drafted tubby, I mean LenDale.

Bipolar The Titan
10-28-2008, 12:23 PM
you people would root for a Titans loss even if it held you out of the playoffs.

DBCooper
10-28-2008, 12:25 PM
you people would root for a Titans loss even if it held you out of the playoffs.

No, but that would be the only time I could root for the tacks.

Tedc
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM

We would be torn.

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 12:39 PM

I'm with Ted and DBCooper... I'd still be torn, but that would be the only time.

Hookem Horns
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM

You know, there's always next year.

Hookem Horns
10-28-2008, 12:47 PM
BTW, I have never hidden the fact here that I am a Giants fan also. I would LOVE to see a Giants/Titans matchup. Both teams play smashmouth defense and offense.

Maybe the Titans go undefeated all the way to the Super Bowl and play the Giants. The Giants would have them right where they want them because as they proved last year the Giants are better than perfect.

OK, I take that back. I don't want to see the Tacks in the Super Bowl.

Yankee_In_TX
10-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Titans' current style of football reminds me of the old AFC North.

Hookem Horns
10-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Titans' current style of football reminds me of the old AFC North.

Watching that Steelers/Giants game I was real impressed with the Steelers. It's the first time I have seen them this year. (I was in Spain when the Texans played them)

The Titans play them in December. That will be a real good matchup.

eriadoc
10-28-2008, 01:02 PM
I just felt like this picture belonged in this thread somewhere.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/The_Tackle_SBXXXIV.JPG

mexican_texan
10-28-2008, 01:11 PM
BTW, I have never hidden the fact here that I am a Giants fan also. I would LOVE to see a Giants/Titans matchup. Both teams play smashmouth defense and offense.

Maybe the Titans go undefeated all the way to the Super Bowl and play the Giants. The Giants would have them right where they want them because as they proved last year the Giants are better than perfect.

OK, I take that back. I don't want to see the Tacks in the Super Bowl.
I do. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like the Giants or the Redskins beat the living pulp out of them.

Mr teX
10-28-2008, 01:12 PM
sorry, but i couldn't root for them last night, i hate the titans with every fiber in my body..

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 01:13 PM
I just felt like this picture belonged in this thread somewhere.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/The_Tackle_SBXXXIV.JPG

Which motivated this post:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/slackie1280/fail-1.jpg

gwallaia
10-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Did anyone see Bud Adams on tv last night during the game? The man looked like he had one foot in the grave, should not be long now. :pepper:

Mr teX
10-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Did anyone see Bud Adams on tv last night during the game? The man looked like he had one foot in the grave, should not be long now. :pepper:

he's looked like that for some time now....i remember someone saying something similar to this to me a few years back...he just looks like that..

gwallaia
10-28-2008, 01:18 PM
he's looked like that for some time now....i remember someone saying something similar to this to me a few years back...he just looks like that..

Maybe he's already dead then, kind of like Weekend at Bernies.

SheTexan
10-28-2008, 01:37 PM
sorry, but i couldn't root for them last night, i hate the titans with every fiber in my body..

I have to agree. I just could not make myself do it. Like Hookum said. If we don't make the playoffs there's always next year. The Titans make the SB, I will NOT be watching, regardless of who they play.

HOU-TEX
10-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Maybe he's already dead then, kind of like Weekend at Bernies.

Maybe they'll donate his 'hair' to Locks of Love......Pffft! They'll have a separate funeral for that crippled coon on his head. :cool:

Bulluck53
10-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I think Bud and Al Davis have the same rivalry as Paterno/Bowden... neither wants to be the first to leave

Second Honeymoon
10-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Props to the Titans for beating the evil Colts and Peyton Manning last night. When they fell behind, they nutted it up and got the job done. Very impressed by the team and is there any debate on whether Fisher is the best coach in the NFL? Belicheat doesn't hold a candle to him. Too bad the Titans are our biggest rival because their brand of football is my type of football. Smash people in the face and run the ball down people's throats.

Anytime someone punks Peyton, I am happy. Dude needs to retire so we can have our division back.

jaayteetx
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Anytime someone punks Peyton, I am happy. Dude needs to retire so we can have our division back.[/QUOTE]

in order to get it "back" we would've had to have it in the first place

Mr teX
10-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Props to the Titans for beating the evil Colts and Peyton Manning last night. When they fell behind, they nutted it up and got the job done. Very impressed by the team and is there any debate on whether Fisher is the best coach in the NFL? Belicheat doesn't hold a candle to him. Too bad the Titans are our biggest rival because their brand of football is my type of football. Smash people in the face and run the ball down people's throats.

Anytime someone punks Peyton, I am happy. Dude needs to retire so we can have our division back.

Actually it was Kerry Collins who put them over the top yesterday. tenn. "smash & dash" wasn't working too well last night. The way collins managed the game yesterday probably had VY damn near in tears knowing he's not getting off the bench any time soon.....

TexansSeminole
10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Actually it was Kerry Collins who put them over the top yesterday. tenn. "smash & dash" wasn't working too well last night. The way collins managed the game yesterday probably had VY damn near in tears knowing he's not getting off the bench any time soon.....

By now you would think that VY has realized that he was holding the team back, not holding the team up. I wonder if he has.

Mr teX
10-28-2008, 02:36 PM
By now you would think that VY has realized that he was holding the team back, not holding the team up. I wonder if he has.

not likely....he's still in the media talking about people trying to "sabotage" his legacy & whatnot... If the titans keep winning with collins @ the helm, he likely won't have a legacy to speak of except for the 1 that includes the word "bust" in it.

Double Barrel
10-28-2008, 02:36 PM

He looks like the emperor in Star Wars. Seriously:

http://media.gamespy.com/columns/image/article/550/550110/the-top-10-unannounced-star-wars-games-and-guides--20040921033110332.jpg
http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/Bud%20Adams.jpg

I have to agree. I just could not make myself do it. Like Hookum said. If we don't make the playoffs there's always next year. The Titans make the SB, I will NOT be watching, regardless of who they play.

I agree completely. And if it's ever a Cowboys/Titans Super Bowl, I won't be watching football ever again, simply because my head is going to explode and there will be nothing left to watch the games.

Texecutioner
10-28-2008, 03:18 PM

Not me. We needed the Titans to win in order to tie Indy for the division. That was our best logical outcome that helps us.

Good win for the Titans though. They played a tough game and scraped their way back. It seems like that running game of the Titans really open up in 4th quarters.

Texecutioner
10-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Billicheck doesn't hold a candle to Fisher? You have no argument to make for that. 3 SB's wins and 4 overall SB appearances vs. Fisher's one SB appearance. There can't even be one argument made for Fisher Honeymoon. Not one.

Texan_Bill
10-28-2008, 03:26 PM
DB, I still see more of a resemblence between Dud and Chet from 'Weird Science':

http://bossip.com/uploaded_images/chet.jpg

Double Barrel
10-28-2008, 03:39 PM
lol:

yeah, he's got some weird sci-fi look to him, and the older he gets, the harder it is to hide all that evilness.

So? We have integrity, even in our hatred. :shades:

ObsiWan
10-28-2008, 06:38 PM

Not me.
I'm not THAT stubborn.

Now I might wish that you win but lose Chris Johnson and Albert Haynesworth to a twisted ankle so they wouldn't be there if we came up against y'all...

ObsiWan
10-28-2008, 06:40 PM
He looks like the emperor in Star Wars. Seriously:

http://media.gamespy.com/columns/image/article/550/550110/the-top-10-unannounced-star-wars-games-and-guides--20040921033110332.jpg

OMG!
I never noticed that before....
The Dark Side must have been clouding my vision!
:)

WWJD
10-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Bud wasn't the only thing hurting my eyeballs last night...those unis were headache inducing.

Hookem Horns
10-29-2008, 12:01 AM
I didn't watch much of the game however when Collins was on the sidelines I only saw Simms over there with a clip board. Where was VY?

2BCF
10-29-2008, 12:40 AM
You can't blame Bud for showing up at the game,
it's a good source for fresh BRAINS. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/zombie_suit.gif

GlassHalfFull
10-29-2008, 06:03 AM
I didn't watch much of the game however when Collins was on the sidelines I only saw Simms over there with a clip board. Where was VY?

They showed him a couple of times, with earbuds on. I wondered if he was listening to music or the upstairs booth.

Seņor Stan
10-29-2008, 06:36 AM
You can't blame Bud for showing up at the game,
it's a good source for fresh BRAINS. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/zombie_suit.gif

Nope, the game was played in Nashville.

mattieuk
10-29-2008, 07:17 AM
A good win I suppose...Collins looked pretty good, made the Titans tick... Keeps Indy in a beatable position as well, so we've gotta be looking for a 2nd place finish in the division now. I feel an exciting last few weeks of the season coming up, its in our hands, and if the Titans have to win a few games more before losing to us, I'm happy.

Blazing Arrow
10-29-2008, 01:16 PM
lol:

yeah, he's got some weird sci-fi look to him, and the older he gets, the harder it is to hide all that evilness.

So? We have integrity, even in our hatred. :shades:

Sounds more like pigheadedness. Cut off the nose to spite the face. Always makes sense :rolleyes:

Double Barrel
10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Sounds more like pigheadedness. Cut off the nose to spite the face. Always makes sense :rolleyes:

Hey, it's easy to say now. But, I'll be honest, if it's week 17 and we only need the Titans to beat some team to allow us a wildcard spot...well, let me say that I'll just have to cross that bridge if/when I come to it. :victory:

chicagotexan2
10-29-2008, 01:53 PM

He couldn't even figure out how a clipboard works so he spent his time in the locker room.

Texan_Bill
10-29-2008, 02:07 PM

Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the greater good.... :)

Texan_Bill
10-29-2008, 02:07 PM
He couldn't even figure out how a clipboard works so he spent his time in the locker room.

I saw him walking around on the field before the opening kick-off. He was all fired up... :thisbig: