PDA

View Full Version : Defensive takeaways

TheRealJoker
10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Where are they? 6 games in and we have 3 INTs and 4 FFs but I believe only 2 have been recovered.

That means we've only taken the ball away from the opposing offense 5 times in 6 games. If we're gonna have shootouts the rest of the year it would be nice if we got at least 2 takeaways a game to give our turnover happy offense a fighting chance.

HJam72
10-20-2008, 04:54 PM
That's funny. They get plenty of turnovers in practice. :cool:

Jackie Chiles
10-20-2008, 05:53 PM
I think we need a true speed rusher. I was happy with our overall pressure during from the Jag game to Miami but we didn't get after Orlovsky as well as we should have. Mario is great but for all his speed and athleticism he is really a power rusher. In fact his pass-rushing ability might be a little over-rated right now but he is so strong against the run his overall play is just great. We need someone that can get around the tackle fast even when the tackle knows that's exactly what the rusher wants to do. There will always be a spot for guys like Bulman and Cochran in a rotation and rushing the passer from inside but that 3rd and 19 play was just embarrassing. Secondary still needs to find some ways to get us turnovers though.

Thorn
10-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Mario is one of the best in the NFL right now, but he can't do it all alone. He needs some help from the other side.