PDA

View Full Version : Zac Diles

TexanSam
10-20-2008, 12:06 AM
The last two games, the guy has played pretty well. He pressured the Lions QB a few times today, including the sack. Could he be another missing piece to our defense? I hope he continues to improve

will742
10-20-2008, 12:17 AM
This is something I wrote in another thread, but I feel like it would be appropriate to re-post it in here.

To add onto the stats, Zac Diles is currently ranked 19th in the league in total tackles. He has 45 total tackles thus far with 35 of them being solo tackles. I would say he's coming into his own as a starter for our defense, and becoming less of a liability.

J-Russ
10-20-2008, 12:21 AM
He's been playing well since the Jags game, IMO. But I agreed, he can be a very solid starter for us. He's like a DeMeco-clone, without the awesome pass-coverage.

I don't think SLB is a need for us anymore, but it can be upgraded. I hope we can find a athletic linebacker to pair with DeMeco, and Diles. That would pretty much complete that set.

mexican_texan
10-20-2008, 12:24 AM
I hope they rush him more

TheRealJoker
10-20-2008, 12:32 AM
He's the Hunter Hillenmeyer of our defense. We just need a Lance Briggs to round out the linebacker unit.

Jackie Chiles
10-20-2008, 12:44 AM
He is looking less and less like a gaping hole for sure. If I could pick two positions to upgrade next year it would be a DE opposite Mario and a safety. OLB, maybe a guard, another solid young RB are all areas we could improve but Diles play has potentially sent it to the back burner a bit. Still looking forward to seeing what Adibi can do but its not looking like he will get his chance this year barring injury. Please don't make me take it back Diles.

HJam72
10-20-2008, 02:59 AM
We won't get a good FS until Richard Smith is gone. Hopefully, it won't take losing Kubiak too.