PDA

View Full Version : John McClain is stupid !!

hobie
10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Everytime I read his stuff I need to remind myself to poke my eyes out...He insults people yet gets mad and takes his ball home when people do it..McClain, you are almost as bad a Dickie !!

Memo to commenters: Name-calling, silliness stops now !!

I've had enough ... Starting with this blog, no more name-calling or insults directed at each other. Some of you should be ashamed to send the drivel I have to read.

Now, pay close attention: Any e-mail in which you rip fans or call them any kind of name will be killed by me, and I will consider a ban for the first time.

I'm sick of it. Try writing something intelligent about the Texans and Cowboys rather than resorting to childish sandbox insults.

I don't care if you rip the Texans. I don't care if you rip the Cowboys. I don't care if you rip me. But if you say something negative about each other, I'm deleting the comments. I'm no longer editing out the crude, below-the-belt comments that I've had to the last two days.

I asked you guys not to do it, and either you can't read or you can't comprehend or you just blatantly disregard what I ask you to do. Anyway, it no longer matters.

Now, go ahead and test me. Make my day. I've got my finger on the delete button. If you're comment doesn't get posted, don't e-mail me privately whining about it. Reread it and try to figure out why it's been deleted.

Hopefully, we'll get some insightful analysis and hard-hitting criticism, too.

And for those of you who already send the kind of comments I want, I thank you for doing it, and I apologize for having to waste your time with this post. Hopefully, this blog will become more interesting.

Let's see, the Texans are coming off a victory, and they host Detroit. Tell me what you think.

The Cowboys are coming off a loss, and they play at St. Louis. Tell me what you think.

And feel free to write about any other team, too.

And one more thing: Every time I write an e-mail like this, I get a few posts ripping me for saying you can't write anything negative in this blog. That's not the case. You can be negative, just not toward each other. I really don't know if some of you are capable.

Now, let's see if you are paying attention.

Corrosion
10-16-2008, 01:21 PM
You just now figured out that McClain is worthless ?! Better late than never.

He's fallen so far that he had to get boobies to make himself relevant.

GlassHalfFull
10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
LOL, I thought at first that was Vinny writing to us. He must have eaten his wheaties today. Either that or someone peed in them.

eriadoc
10-16-2008, 01:25 PM
I wasn't sure if you were quoting his article, but it looks like it. If so, it doesn't sound like you're accurately portraying things at all. He even says he doesn't care if people rip him, he just doesn't want posters insulting each other.

Other than that, McClain is largely worthless, yeah.

powerfuldragon
10-16-2008, 01:27 PM
what?!

HoustonFrog
10-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes, yes he is. I swear he has gotten more bitter and curmudgeony...real word?..by the year. He speaks down to people when they raise any legit questions regarding the Texans or football knowledge in general.

HOU-TEX
10-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Did someone make reference to his quadruple chin or something? :thinking:

GlassHalfFull
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Yes, yes he is. I swear he has gottem more botter and curmudgeony...real word?..by the year. He speaks down to people when they raise any legit questions regarding the Texans or football knowledge in general.

Careful, I have it on reputable authority that a certain long time poster on the board is giving Anna-Megan a run for her money.

powerfuldragon
10-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Careful, I have it on reputable authority that a certain long time poster on the board is giving Anna-Megan a run for her money.

i'd like to give anna-megan somethign else... :specnatz:

HOU-TEX
10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
i'd like to give anna-megan somethign else... :specnatz:

You'd like to give her Specnatz?? :specnatz:

powerfuldragon
10-16-2008, 01:45 PM
You'd like to give her Specnatz?? :specnatz:

if that's what the kids are calling it nowadays, sure.

HOU-TEX
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM

LMAO! Nice

Texan_Bill
10-16-2008, 01:53 PM
All y'all bashing McClain?? Sure he's worthless, but some people like him. Some people like him a lot. SO, be careful about the insults - you never know who you might offend.

HoustonFrog
10-16-2008, 01:55 PM

LOL..that one got rep.

All y'all bashing McClain?? Sure he's worthless, but some people like him. Some people like him a lot. SO, be careful about the insults - you never know who you might offend.

HMMMMMM..this is going somewhere. No smileys either to give me clues.

HOU-TEX
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM

True, 4 chins can be very attractive.......for some people. :)

FirstTexansFan
10-16-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm sensing an undercurrent of manlove for McClain here....not sure why anyone would be that desperate :)

Specnatz
10-16-2008, 01:58 PM

Now what ever could you mean, hmmm I wonder.

as far McFatty saying to not insult other posters, there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe dickless justice should take that advice.

mexican_texan
10-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Megan Manfull is a lot better. She should be on the cover page more often.

DiapHer
10-16-2008, 02:03 PM

I'm sensing an undercurrent of manlove for McClain here....not sure why anyone would be that desperate :)

:gun:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/sandyandmcclain.jpg

Yankee_In_TX
10-16-2008, 02:08 PM
You mean he writes articles? I thought he was just a Hollywood actor. That's all he ever talks about on the radio?

Silver Oak
10-16-2008, 02:08 PM
he deleted a post I made a few weeks back about his reflecting on how to answer the questions Anna-Megan was asking him, when it's obvious they are pre-rehearsed questions that he shouldn't need to think about at all.

I don't go to the Chron much anymore as I don't want to give the site one extra hit of advertising dollars. Shame as it is the hometown paper, but I can get city info from any of the tv websites, or even Texans Talk.

False Start
10-16-2008, 02:09 PM

John McClain has more chins than a Chinese phone book.

Its creepy listening to him on the radio, with his heavy breathing and all. He sounds like one of those weirdos that call up and just breath real heavy into the phone. :hides:

HOU-TEX
10-16-2008, 02:14 PM

DOH!!!

G-ma n McClain sittin in a tree...K.I.S.S.I.N.G.......:spit:

SheTexan
10-16-2008, 02:16 PM
SOOOOO, John McClain has bad taste in women!! SO WHAT!!:foottap:

GlassHalfFull
10-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Now G'ma, you should be proud of yourself when you consider you are right up there with Anna-Megan.

Texan_Bill
10-16-2008, 02:17 PM
In about 68 hours, there is going to be one po'd gma at the corner of Kirby and Westridge....

Hardcore Texan
10-16-2008, 02:36 PM

"I am the egg man, you are the walrus, coo coo ca choo"

Double Barrel
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
McClain is a big boy and he can take the critics. He even said so himself. I think his point is that he knows there are a lot of thin-skinned people in this world that cannot take any criticism without making it a personal thing. So he asks for it to stop on his blog. If you don't like it, stopping reading his thoughts. They are only words at the end of the day.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Specnatz
10-16-2008, 02:47 PM

I would say it is the other way around. He would be the luckiest man to have you as a friend or anything else.

GlassHalfFull
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
McClain is a big boy and he can take the critics. He even said so himself. I think his point is that he knows there are a lot of thin-skinned people in this world that cannot take any criticism without making it a personal thing. So he asks for it to stop on his blog. If you don't like it, stopping reading his thoughts. They are only words at the end of the day.

In Hobie's defense, this thread was not his idea. :d: There were some ulterior motives behind the thread.

Texan_Bill
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
In Hobie's defense, this thread was not his idea. :d: There were some ulterior motives behind the thread.

Really?? Really??? That's not too cool... :bat:

BigWig
10-16-2008, 03:22 PM

Uh oh, Grandma with Mclame? hmmmmmmmmmm

Tedc
10-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Uh oh, Grandma with Mclame? hmmmmmmmmmm

What wrong? Are you jealous?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/tongue-ing.jpg

Mr. Hyde has been holding this pic for about five years until the right time came along.

Dr. Jeckyll apologizes.

Sal Rosenberg
10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Man hole

Malloy
10-16-2008, 05:36 PM
@ OP: I'm really sorry but I have no clue what you are talking about. I did read the entire post and... I have no clue as to what is going on. Not that I disagree with anything you write, I just dont understand the context. Are you quoting someone, answering an email... what? I read it and at first I thought you were talking to yourself, which is... kinda sad ;)

The Pencil Neck
10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Hobie, you really need to put quotes around that quoted text.

Texans_Chick
10-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Personally, I'm fine with McClain. I wish he would stop saying the Texans run defense is improving because it really isn't.

That being said, I understand why he wrote this post telling people to stop scrapping. There are a number of people who post at the Chron.com blogs who use the blogs as a means of scrapping with each other.

There's nothing worse than when you spend some time putting something thoughtful together, and then get a bunch of junk comments that have nothing to do with what your wrote. Usually the blogger has to approve every one of those comments to make sure there isn't anything completely out of line in them.

I love reading the interesting comments that people make on my blog posts, things that make sports conversation interesting, but yeah, the fighting back and forth junk gets tiresome. So I don't think it is wrong at all for McClain to ask people politely not to behave like donkeys.

WWJD
10-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I like John.

I like John's radio show.

He's always been very nice to me anytime I have corresponded with him (it's just been a few but still).

I WISH they wouldn't talk about movies so much but that's not going to change since that is a huge interest of his.

Arky
10-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Whelp, what triggered McClain to come down on his bloggers was he did a blog on the Cowgirls (Pacman's bust, Roy Williams trade) and since every diseased Cowgirl fan in Houston meets in his blog, sparks are gonna fly.

Memo to McClain: Don't do blogs on the Cowgirls in Houston, TX.

At any rate, he insists his is an "NFL blog" where people can discuss all teams. That would be nice but there are some really bad Cowboy fans that are always stirring the pot. Doesn't matter that 90% of McClain's posts are on the Texans - that won't keep the Cowgirl fans from posting.

McClain claims to be a Texans fan (after growing up a Cowgirl fan) but I think if you were to tie him to a chair in a dark room with electrodes hooked up to his privates and then hit the juice, the first thing that would come out of his mouth would be "Go Cowboys!!!!".

:twocents:

:fans:

b0ng
10-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't think him moderating his blog is such a bad thing. The comments section is worse than reading the comments on youtube.

DiehardChris
10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
My only problem with McClain is that he addresses the idiots who bicker on his blog... and today, goes so far as to title the post directly about them, and waste space on them. Chron.com is not a democracy, just like my site isn't, just like this site isn't. The people who run it and pay to run it can do whatever they want short of editing people's posts to say something different.

IMO the only appropriate way to handle the problems John has with his blog commenters is to just delete them entirely when they get ridiculous, and never speak of it. That's the only way they'll stop doing it.

beerlover
10-16-2008, 09:19 PM
love him or hate him he represents Houston. I really enjoy his Hall of Fame work, his sense of history, assisting young grads with careers & the fact he brings the perspective of the average fan, because he is just one of us after all :cool:

Texans_Chick
10-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Whelp, what triggered McClain to come down on his bloggers was he did a blog on the Cowgirls (Pacman's bust, Roy Williams trade) and since every diseased Cowgirl fan in Houston meets in his blog, sparks are gonna fly.

At any rate, he insists his is an "NFL blog" where people can discuss all teams. That would be nice but there are some really bad Cowboy fans that are always stirring the pot. Doesn't matter that 90% of McClain's posts are on the Texans - that won't keep the Cowgirl fans from posting.

McClain claims to be a Texans fan (after growing up a Cowgirl fan) but I think if you were to tie him to a chair in a dark room with electrodes hooked up to his privates and then hit the juice, the first thing that would come out of his mouth would be "Go Cowboys!!!!".

You do not have to write about the Cowboys to have Cowboy fans descend on your blog over there. There are a number of awful Cowboy fans who talk about their team no matter what Texans subject you write about.

Texans_Chick
10-16-2008, 09:40 PM
My only problem with McClain is that he addresses the idiots who bicker on his blog... and today, goes so far as to title the post directly about them, and waste space on them. Chron.com is not a democracy, just like my site isn't, just like this site isn't. The people who run it and pay to run it can do whatever they want short of editing people's posts to say something different.

IMO the only appropriate way to handle the problems John has with his blog commenters is to just delete them entirely when they get ridiculous, and never speak of it. That's the only way they'll stop doing it.

The hard part about deletions is that it is a slippery slope. Technically, we are supposed to publish anything as long as it isn't vulgar.

He's had a reputation for publishing everything, even if it is abusive, and I respect him for that. But yeah, it can muck up your blog good that way.

HoustonFrog
10-16-2008, 09:42 PM

It's always Cowboy fans(rolling eyes). Try posting about the Cowboys anywhere without drugs or other derogatory statements coming up or fake stories about their fans.

Arky
10-16-2008, 09:58 PM
You do not have to write about the Cowboys to have Cowboy fans descend on your blog over there. There are a number of awful Cowboy fans who talk about their team no matter what Texans subject you write about.

Yep, I see your blog and other blogs get hit with the "Cowboy spammers" all the time. In your case, I would delete it if it wasn't Texans related or on topic... JMO...

Malloy
10-17-2008, 02:57 AM

OMG thats a WINNAH! :)

BigBull17
10-17-2008, 07:10 AM
I wasn't sure if you were quoting his article, but it looks like it. If so, it doesn't sound like you're accurately portraying things at all. He even says he doesn't care if people rip him, he just doesn't want posters insulting each other.

Other than that, McClain is largely worthless, yeah.

This is the same guy that hurls childish insults when you dont agree with him, right? What an ass hat. I hate his blog.