PDA

View Full Version : Addai out?

Yankee_In_TX
10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Any links? Yahoo has squat.

Yankee_In_TX
10-15-2008, 06:26 PM
2-4 weeks.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/news/newstest.aspx?id=4185412

ChrisG
10-15-2008, 06:27 PM

yahoo always has squat they are the most inaccurate sports news source ever.

per sportsline he is doubtful - "With Pro Bowler Joseph Addai unlikely to play Sunday against Green Bay..."

shouldn't be back for at least 2 weeks

drewmar74
10-15-2008, 06:27 PM

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/405288

Report: Addai out 2-4 weeks: NFL Network reports that Colts RB Joseph Addai has a slightly torn hamstring that the club wants to rest for at least the next two weeks and possibly two more thereafter. Dominic Rhodes is expected to start for the club at Green Bay in Week 7, according to Colts coach Tony Dungy.
(Updated 10/15/2008).

Texan_Bill
10-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Adam Schefter
Colts’ Addai expected to miss two to four weeks
Posted: October 15th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Indianapolis Colts, Joseph Addai

Indianapolis’ backfield has been thrown for a loss.

Colts running back Joseph Addai has a slightly torn hamstring that is expected to sideline him two to four weeks, according to a Colts source, and rookie running back Mike Hart has a torn ACL that landed him on the season-ending injured reserve list, Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy confirmed Wednesday.

To help make up for the absence of Addai and Hart, the Colts re-signed running back Clifton Dawson, who spent 13 games with the Colts last season, and promoted rookie running back Chad Simpson from their practice squad.

Dungy said he envisions using Dominic Rhodes, Dawson and Simpson on Sunday at Green Bay. Dungy also said he does not think Addai’s injury is of the long-term variety, and it wouldn’t surprise Dungy if Addai could be lobbying to play by the end of the week.

But before that happens, Addai also is expected to seek a second opinion on his hamstring injury. As much as he would like to play, he also knows that if he comes back too soon from it, he risks aggravating it and sidelining himself even longer. So the inside word is, look for Addai to miss anywhere from two to four weeks, though it probably will turn out to be less time than more.

Adam Schefter (http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/) as a back-up link

Yankee_In_TX
10-15-2008, 06:30 PM
*watches fantasy hopes swirl around the bowl...*

Texan_Bill
10-15-2008, 06:33 PM
*watches fantasy hopes swirl around the bowl...*

Nothing new for you.... OSU and all. :worm:

Mr teX
10-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Ha! great news for me... i just picked up dominic rhodes as a alternate for my fantasy team now i know he'll get some carries.

TxDavid
10-15-2008, 11:40 PM
After week 2 I started shopping around thinking he might be a bust this year. Luckily he bounced back week 3 & 5, but I had already picked up some good replacements.

Expect him out for 3 weeks.