PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable stat!!

dalemurphy
10-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I knew we had done a great job with penalties the past three weeks. But, wow, we must be on a record setting pace.

Penalties this season: 11
Penalties in last 4 games: 6

Way to go Texans! that's amazing!

barrett
10-14-2008, 11:54 PM
it's been really surprising when the zebras point our way this season. that suggests to me that players aren't having to grab at guys to keep from getting beat. specifically, the Oline. Props to the rookie, even after last Sunday.

eriadoc
10-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Obviously, our coaching staff sucks.

:sarcasm:

dalemurphy
10-14-2008, 11:58 PM
it's been really surprising when the zebras point our way this season. that suggests to me that players aren't having to grab at guys to keep from getting beat. specifically, the Oline. Props to the rookie, even after last Sunday.

I think the fact that we aren't committing penalties and aren't getting injured at a record rate both indicate that we've at least become a competitive team with solid NFL talent.

Though I have some problems with the coaching staff to date, I also think the lack of penalties suggest good coaching as well- as far as discipline, preparation, and schematicly having guys in position to succeed.

HJam72
10-15-2008, 12:00 AM
It means they're not trying hard enough. :jk:

TexansLucky13
10-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Fire Kubiak

barrett
10-15-2008, 12:08 AM
I think the fact that we aren't committing turnovers and aren't getting injured at a record rate both indicate that we've at least become a competitive team with solid NFL talent.

Though I have some problems with the coaching staff to date, I also think the lack of penalties suggest good coaching as well- as far as discipline, preparation, and schematicly having guys in position to succeed.

surely you meant penalties not turnovers...

michaelm
10-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I know the coaches must be stressing penalty-free play to the guys, but someone needs to explain to the D Line that you can avoid encroachment penalties without counting three-Mississippi before they rush the passer.

barrett
10-15-2008, 12:18 AM
only Bulman is that far behind the snap. and seriously, we're talking at least 1/2 a second easily. i loved his leap that threw off pennington though. it didn't end well but i like the effort for sure. i just can't figure out why he's so slow off the ball and what the hell is with the 4 point stance?

buddyboy
10-15-2008, 12:53 AM
only Bulman is that far behind the snap. and seriously, we're talking at least 1/2 a second easily. i loved his leap that threw off pennington though. it didn't end well but i like the effort for sure. i just can't figure out why he's so slow off the ball and what the hell is with the 4 point stance?

Speaking of which...I was surprised that wasn't a penalty. I've seen lineman charged with taking out a QB at the legs before...

Am I completely off base here?

HOU-TEX
10-15-2008, 09:03 AM
I'd take a couple more penalties a game if they'd not turn the damn ball over so much. :jogger:

Texan_Bill
10-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Fire Kubiak

I'm so dazed and confuzed. Yesterday, I thought we were firing Kubiak. Then, I ran into a thread that was for voting him as coach of the week.... Are we firing him again???

:confused:

Hardcore Texan
10-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm so dazed and confuzed. Yesterday, I thought we were firing Kubiak. Then, I ran into a thread that was for voting him as coach of the week.... Are we firing him again???

That's next week, after a win even. :)

TEXANS84
10-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Superior execution. Yeah, I said it.

nero THE zero
10-15-2008, 01:23 PM

He was being facetious.

nunusguy
10-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Obviously, our coaching staff sucks.

:sarcasm:

Fair enough. But be consistant and don't ignore turnovers, which the coaching staff also gets its share of the blame for.

The Pencil Neck
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM

He's a DT. He probably feels much more comfy in a 4 point stance.

dalemurphy
10-15-2008, 04:33 PM
He's a DT. He probably feels much more comfy in a 4 point stance.

The problem with that is it's difficult to see the ball from the DE position in a 4 points stance. And, since he's always the 22nd person on the field to react to the snap, it's clearly an issue.

barrett
10-15-2008, 05:42 PM
they're probably all more comfortable sitting at home on their couch but they get payed to play football so he should maybe consider making some adjustments.