PDA

View Full Version : The Lions: if not for them we would be the worst in the NFL since 2002

TexansFight
10-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Our mirror image cousin from the NFC is coming to play us this weekend. I have a lot of empathy for their fans since they know exactly what we are going through. As bad as the Casserley-Capers era was, it mercifully lasted only 4 long years. Detroit fans had to put up with EIGHT YEARS of Matt Millen's idiocy. It is hard to imagine a team with a worse record than us these past few years but the Lions somehow managed to do so.

I can't relate with fans of teams like the Steelers and Cowboys, teams that have won Super Bowls. I can relate to fans of a team like the Lions. They have never been to the Super Bowl like us Houston NFL fans. They are a hearty bunch of loyal fans that have been abused this decade. Of course, I am going to yell my head off on Sunday for a Texans victory but I do hope the Lions like us will finally become a good NFL team. Texans, Bengals, and Lions fans are brothers in rooting for crappy teams.

Texans_Chick
10-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Our mirror image cousin from the NFC is coming to play us this weekend. I have a lot of empathy for their fans since they know exactly what we are going through. As bad as the Casserley-Capers era was, it mercifully lasted only 4 long years. Detroit fans had to put up with EIGHT YEARS of Matt Millen's idiocy. It is hard to imagine a team with a worse record than us these past few years but the Lions somehow managed to do so.

I can't relate with fans of teams like the Steelers and Cowboys, teams that have won Super Bowls. I can relate to fans of a team like the Lions. They have never been to the Super Bowl like us Houston NFL fans. They are a hearty bunch of loyal fans that have been abused this decade. Of course, I am going to yell my head off on Sunday for a Texans victory but I do hope the Lions like us will finally become a good NFL team. Texans, Bengals, and Lions fans are brothers in rooting for crappy teams.

Somebody told me this stat.

Since 1991, there have been 21 teams that have started the season 0-6. The Bengals are 6 of those teams.

Hardcore Texan
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Somebody told me this stat.

Since 1991, there have been 21 teams that have started the season 0-6. The Bengals are 6 of those teams.

Ouch! That's a painful stat.

We still have a chance to steer clear of this type of destiny since the Texans are such a young franchise. Those teams and a couple of others have been perpetual losers, I don't want to have that correlation at least not over the span of decades. Here's to hoping our team is on the way up and our team is not mixed in with those names for much longer.

cowbellm00
10-14-2008, 01:14 PM

dont forget about the cardinals too man. i'm not a fan, but i'm just sayin. they're down here with us :) plus we both were able to get wins this week.
HOORAY! underdog victory! :fans:

ObsiWan
10-14-2008, 01:44 PM
dont forget about the cardinals too man. i'm not a fan, but i'm just sayin. they're down here with us :) plus we both were able to get wins this week.
HOORAY! underdog victory! :fans:

Actually, the AZ Cards are leading the NFC West by two games.
I think you meant the St. Louis Rams.

b0ng
10-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Actually, the AZ Cards are leading the NFC West by two games.
I think you meant the St. Louis Rams.

This is an assessment over time. The Rams have been WILDLY more successful than the Cardinals have if you look at the past decade.

Double Barrel
10-14-2008, 05:22 PM
The Lions: if not for them we would be the worst in the NFL since 2002

The Texans should use this motto on their gameday program this week! :shades:

threetoedpete
10-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Well they spot them another four turnovers, I don't care who you're playing or how down they are...you're going to get beat.

ObsiWan
10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
This is an assessment over time. The Rams have been WILDLY more successful than the Cardinals have if you look at the past decade.

oh, I see. Yeah, if the comment referred to success during the life of the franchise, then I agree. The Cardinals seem to cycle between mediocrity and total suckage. The Rams were decent when they were in L.A. and won a S/B in St. Louis.