10-13-2008, 04:51 PM
1.injuries: not much from the game- Barber day to day, CTaylor day to day

2. liked the DL rotation now

3. Harrison struggled on some communication and assignments

4. Schaub struggled early

5. Schaub getting booed- part of the game

6. equipment problem with ear piece

7. kyle is doing great as O.C. we work together but he calls a lot of them

8. Dunta- encouraged by his work and health. see how he comes out of competitive environment on Wed/Thursday... may play some on sunday but not full time

9. a lot of stupid questions by McClain. is anyone else there?

10. turnover problem isn't solved

11. has matt matured as a decision maker? "we're trusting him a great deal"... in other words, NO.

12. 2nd interception- no excuse for it. Bad formation, bad decision.

13. can do a lot with Mario because he's so smart of a football player.

b0ng
10-13-2008, 05:02 PM
What? He doesn't want to start Sage? He's just the worst coach in the world I tell ya! Even a pop warner 10 year old league football coach would start Sage!

In all reality, Kubiak's pressers seem really close to the vest. Not much true information, and some general opinions on the game.

Texan JBZ
10-13-2008, 05:04 PM
8. Dunta- encouraged by his work and health. see how he comes out of competitive environment on Wed/Thursday... may play some on sunday but not full time

Man, I can't wait to see 23 back on the field. Our defense will be different for the rest of the year once he gets back into the swing of things. Welcome back Ta!

Brando
10-13-2008, 05:07 PM

Best news of the presser!:texflag:

TexanSam
10-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Man, I can't wait to see 23 back on the field. Our defense will be different for the rest of the year once he gets back into the swing of things. Welcome back Ta!

I thought he had to miss the first 6 games of the season?

Yankee_In_TX
10-13-2008, 05:16 PM

I think it is 6 WEEKS of the season.

feebleminded
10-13-2008, 05:16 PM

Week 6 just finished up for the league, which means he can begin practicing this week.

powerfuldragon
10-13-2008, 06:56 PM
3. Harrison struggled on some communication and assignments

harrison was playing super lazy in the fourth quarter. or at least it seemed that way to me from the 50 yd line club section (sunny side). /run

ObsiWan
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM

Don't you know the fans will absolutely go bonkers when Dunta takes the field!!??
I get pumped just thinking about it!
:kingkong::texflag:

Nawzer
10-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Whoa! Dunta back this Sunday?! Reliant will go Samuel Jackson! Hopefully this is not a rush to just get him back on the field. Last thing we need is for him to have a setback. But I'm super stoked now. I might even go to the game. I've never been to a Texans game.

Buffi2
10-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Dunta coming back on the field is going to be a "moment" not to be missed. Rather like AJ coming back last year. Here's hoping Dunta can have as successful a return as AJ did - an interception would be very nice.:texflag:

ObsiWan
10-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Whoa! Dunta back this Sunday?! Reliant will go bonkers! Hopefully this is not a rush to just get him back on the field. Last thing we need is for him to have a setback. But I'm super stoked now. I might even go to the game. I've never been to a Texans game.

Hey!
Get yer own adjective!
:pirate:

Nawzer
10-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey!
Get yer own adjective!
:pirate:

LOL. That's weird because I honestly didn't see your bonkers. I'm on it though.

powerfuldragon
10-13-2008, 07:08 PM
the texans better give dunta a good welcome back.

ObsiWan
10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
I hope Dunta's well enough to hang with Calvin Johnson on obvious passing plays... 'cause CJ will eat Petey or Reeves for lunch.

drewmar74
10-14-2008, 12:32 AM
I hope Dunta's well enough to hang with Calvin Johnson on obvious passing plays... 'cause CJ will eat Petey or Reeves for lunch.

Yeah, and with Dan Orlovsky pulling the trigger, well, the sky is the limit for Detroit!

:sarcasm:

*yes, I do remember losing to Ryan Fitzpatrick but I'm still allowed to talk smack about Orlovsky.

ObsiWan
10-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Yeah, and with Dan Orlovsky pulling the trigger, well, the sky is the limit for Detroit!

:sarcasm:

*yes, I do remember losing to Ryan Fitzpatrick but I'm still allowed to talk smack about Orlovsky.

I was thinking that Kitna would be back next week but I just heard on NFLN that he probably won't be.
so bring on the Big O

BigBull17
10-14-2008, 08:16 AM

Reeves can run with him, just wont see the pass.

Malloy
10-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Reeves can run with him, just wont see the pass.

He did an ok job last week, and as far as I remember I did not see any horrible coverage against Miami. I'm probably wrong though, but the man deserves the thumbs up when he actually has a good game.

PS: Anyone got a linkie to the video version of Kubes Presser? (there IS a video version right?)

dalemurphy
10-14-2008, 09:20 AM
He did an ok job last week, and as far as I remember I did not see any horrible coverage against Miami. I'm probably wrong though, but the man deserves the thumbs up when he actually has a good game.

PS: Anyone got a linkie to the video version of Kubes Presser? (there IS a video version right?)

I've been giving him credit all season. He's been pretty good and certainly our best CB this year. He does his job. I'm not sure why he gets so much grief. The Cowboys' fans were thrilled when he left. Now look at their secondary. It's much worse with the rookie and AHenry getting torched every other play.

I get that it's frustrating that he seems to be in position but often doesn't play the ball well. However, being in position shrinks the heck out of the window to throw in and creates a low percentage throw for the QB. He's certainly been a good FA pickup for value and need.

Malloy
10-14-2008, 09:32 AM
I get that it's frustrating that he seems to be in position but often doesn't play the ball well. However, being in position shrinks the heck out of the window to throw in and creates a low percentage throw for the QB. He's certainly been a good FA pickup for value and need.

Interesting point. I'm no QB (and probably talking out of my ass), but if I am back there going through my reads, I would probably look at the reciever covered by Reeves and think 'nope, that one is covered' and go on to my next read. Again, this is based my zero experience as a QB, but if it just holds a little bit true, I would think that the pure presense of Reeves (and his stick-ability) would force a QB to go through more reads and ultimately give Mario a better chance of getting to the QB.

Hm... this may be the essence of the Rick Smith defence??? Have corners stick to the recievers (not playmakers, sticky players) and increase the chance of the front four getting to the QB?

Again... I'm probably talking out of my ass :)