PDA

View Full Version : Jersey/Uniform Color Combinations

TheCD
10-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi all. Just wondering here...I've never really payed attention to our uniform combinations (i.e. how many times a year we wear what particular colors), but on the main site, it shows we're wearing blue only 4 times this year, red 1 and there's an unsure status with Oakland. Is there any reason we're wearing white at home a lot this year? Just to show off the uni's? Trying to do what Dallas does and let the fans see the opponents colors? Just curious. Thanks for the help.

powerfuldragon
10-13-2008, 02:21 PM
we wear white at home because it's the south. it's hot here, so we make the other team wear their colors to make 'em sweat extra.

HJam72
10-13-2008, 02:23 PM
It's that white flag thing. :)

mexican_texan
10-13-2008, 02:36 PM
The Dynamo wore white yesterday to commemorate the suffering during Ike. The Texans did it because it was hot.

Norg
10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
i dont know we change are colors alot IMO

White for liberty White

BLue for steel blue sunday

Red for battle red day

and thats about it i think

TheCD
10-13-2008, 04:16 PM
we wear white at home because it's the south. it's hot here, so we make the other team wear their colors to make 'em sweat extra.

Ah...duh. Pretty hot and muggy there, but I would trade that for here in Wichita Falls any day. I stupidly neglected to realize the roof was going to be open the rest of the year. When it was closed we wore blue more, no?

Blake
10-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Home = White Jersey Blue Pants.

Away = Blue Jersey White pants.

Steel Blue Sunday = All Blue.

Liberty White Sunday = All White

Alternates that we can wear twice a year is either Red Jersey and white pants or All Red like we did last year against the Broncos.

I didnt really like all red. Red on white is the best.

brakos82
10-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Ah...duh. Pretty hot and muggy there, but I would trade that for here in Wichita Falls any day. I stupidly neglected to realize the roof was going to be open the rest of the year. When it was closed we wore blue more, no?
We usually wear White for our first 3 homes games that aren't Indy (Blue) or Jacksonville (Red). Last year, we had (for home games):

KC: W/W
Indy: B/B
Miami: W/B
Tenn: W/B
NO: B/W
Tampa: B/W
Denver: R/R
Jacks: R/W

We were going to have a similar pattern, but then Ike showed up and bumped Baltimore down.

Silver Oak
10-13-2008, 08:03 PM
The Dynamo wore white yesterday to commemorate the suffering during Ike. The Texans did it because it was hot.

Dynamo just tied, Texans won. I like our reasoning better.

ubecool454
10-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi all. Just wondering here...I've never really payed attention to our uniform combinations (i.e. how many times a year we wear what particular colors), but on the main site, it shows we're wearing blue only 4 times this year, red 1 and there's an unsure status with Oakland. Is there any reason we're wearing white at home a lot this year? Just to show off the uni's? Trying to do what Dallas does and let the fans see the opponents colors? Just curious. Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure we will be wearing the white jerseys in oakland...they love their black.

Hervoyel
10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I just want the Texans to wear their home jerseys at home, their away jerseys away, and the alternate every once in a while to keep it special. I don't want gimmicks, all white days, all blue days, or all red days.

More than anything though I just want the Texans to win. I don't care what colors they wear as long as they're kicking someone's butt on a regular basis.