PDA

View Full Version : This week is Amobi Okoye's breakout game!!!

TheRealJoker
10-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Kevin Williams got 4 sacks against the swiss cheese interior OL of the Detroit Lions. While I dont expect Amobi to get 4 sacks I do expect him to make his presence known early and often repeatedly getting in the QBs face all game. Especially since we should be able to build an early lead at home with the way our offense is clicking putting them into a pass heavy mode.

With Mario dominating all comers Amobi should get plenty of opportunities to hit the QB. I say 1.5 sacks for Amobiwan Okoye!!!

spurstexanstros
10-13-2008, 08:47 AM
It would be about freaking time... I thought he wanted to have 14 sacks?

gtexan02
10-13-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm hoping its Bulman's breakout game. That guy was a beast last week. I only saw him in on 2 plays and he hit the QB both times

ATXtexanfan
10-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Makes sense, let's hope so, amobi has been quiet.

gary
10-13-2008, 11:18 AM
A nice man deserves to do well so I hope so.

HJam72
10-13-2008, 11:31 AM
It would be about freaking time... I thought he wanted to have 14 sacks?

He wants to get them all in the last 8 games. He got that idea from Mario.

HJam72
10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
I do agree that he will start improving in the sack category right about now. They're going to start resting him during games and things should start getting a little easier.

Hagar
10-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Sacks? Heck I'd be happy if he'd just get more then one tackle a game.

He'd better start making something happen or Bust talk will start.

But then again, considering the about 45 DT with more tackles the our highest rated DT, Jeff Zgonina (8 total), I'd say Amobi fits in well with out team concept of defense.

nunusguy
10-13-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm hoping its Bulman's breakout game. That guy was a beast last week. I only saw him in on 2 plays and he hit the QB both times
I agree. And I think he should have atleast shared in the credit for one of those sacks that Mario got ? But he was very impressive this past week.
I dunno, was he playing at multi positions, both inside on some plays and at the edge on other plays ? I was thinking they might have been moving him around a little ?

HJam72
10-13-2008, 01:06 PM
The guy I'm pulling for on that D-Line is Okam, because we need more size in the middle.

b0ng
10-13-2008, 01:10 PM
The guy I'm pulling for on that D-Line is Okam, because we need more size in the middle.

I don't think there's a defensive scheme on earth that couldn't use a 330 pound NT that played decently. He's pretty much what we've been missing since the beginning on defense. I'm pulling for Okam really hard too, but it could easily be a few years before he becomes noticeable in games.

kcdoubleeagle
10-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah...starting to really get worried about Okoye.

J-Russ
10-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Just because he's not getting sack doesn't indicate the impact he makes on defense. He been steadily improving each week since the Jacksonville game.Well atleast on his pass rush, his run D still leaves alot to be desired.

Hagar
10-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Just because he's not getting sack doesn't indicate the impact he makes on defense. Your correct but his lack of tackles does show his impact on the defense, which is minimal.

Of course, I could say the same thing about TJ.

I'm up for putting Okam in there. Couldn't hurt.

IlliniJen
10-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Yeah...starting to really get worried about Okoye.

I hear he just doesn't have the speed to be good at the position. Anyone have any opinions on this?

TheRealJoker
10-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I hear he just doesn't have the speed to be good at the position. Anyone have any opinions on this?

That's nonsense, he's at his best when chasing down plays as opposed to taking on plays head on.

Slow DTs aren't very good at chasing down plays. He's got a very good first step for a DT, which is why he's such an interesting prospect. He has the potential to be a viable pass rushing threat at DT like Warren Sapp was in Tampa Bay.

He's just gotta put it all together.