PDA

View Full Version : Some of you Texans fans make my Pee Pee hurt!

Texan JBZ
10-12-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm just going to come right out and say it - The Houston Texans true fanbase is embarressed that some of you even fix your mouthes to say that your fans of the Texans. Some of you are idiots, imbociles, d-bags and every loser acronym I can think of, and here's why.

After enjoying a thrilling victory for my favorite team today, a noble effort by a QB facing all kinds of early adversity, and a defense that stepped up and played their asses off today, I get in my truck, turn on the radio, and what is the first thing I here - Some dumb broad talking about how Schaub is pathetic and how Sage needs to be the starter of the Texans. At first I'm like, okay..what the hell is her problem? The Texans won today. Needless to say, it got worse. I turned my damn radio off and started steaming. I mean, I was pissed. Caller after caller saying how bad Schaub played and how bad Kubiak coached the game and how both need to go - AFTER A F&%$#NG WIN!

So I get home and come to my favorite site to chat it up with what I thought were real Texans fans. And what do I see but more of the same. Schaub played horrible, Kubes needs to go, we want Sage, blow it all up. I mean, give me a break. We've been clammering for five weeks for our team to show some guts and nuts. They finally do it, and most fans have nothing good to say about it.

Here's how I saw it today. Schaub started out very poor. He stayed at it though which should prove he is tough enough to overcome his shortfalls. Overall, he had a solid outing and won the game for the Texans. And you idiots still hooting and hollering for Sage, are you guys serious? Let's compare: Sage comes out and plays okay through most of the game only to blow up when it counted the most, Schaub comes out and plays bad at the start only to come through and make plays when it counted the most. Do you guys really want to see Sage again?

And as far as Kubiak, please refer to my main man Polo's signature. Enough said. The bottom line is the Texans won today with Matt Schaub as the starter. They won because he made plays today. He's the starter, he should be starter, and he will remain the starter. Same for our head coach. Great overall effort by the team today. Piss poor results from the fans. We suck!

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm just going to come right out and say it - The Houston Texans true fanbase is embarressed that some of you even fix your mouthes to say that your fans of the Texans. Some of you are idiots, imbociles, d-bags and every loser acronym I can think of, and here's why.

After enjoying a thrilling victory for my favorite team today, a noble effort by a QB facing all kinds of early adversity, and a defense that stepped up and played their asses off today, I get in my truck, turn on the radio, and what is the first thing I here - Some dumb broad talking about how Schaub is pathetic and how Sage needs to be the starter of the Texans. At first I'm like, okay..what the hell is her problem? The Texans won today. Needless to say, it got worse. I turned my damn radio off and started steaming. I mean, I was pissed. Caller after caller saying how bad Schaub played and how bad Kubiak coached the game and how both need to go - AFTER A F&%$#NG WIN!

So I get home and come to my favorite site to chat it up with what I thought were real Texans fans. And what do I see but more of the same. Schaub played horrible, Kubes needs to go, we want Sage, blow it all up. I mean, give me a break. We've been clammering for five weeks for our team to show some guts and nuts. They finally do it, and most fans have nothing good to say about it.

Here's how I saw it today. Schuab started out very poor. He stayed at it though which should prove he is tough enough to overcome his shortfalls. Overall, he had a solid outing and won the game for the Texans. And you idiots still hooting and hollering for Sage, are you guys serious? Let's compare: Sage comes out and plays okay through most of the game only to blow up when it counted the most, Schuab comes out and plays bad at the start only to come through and make plays when it counted the most. Do you guys really want to see Sage again?

And as far as Kubiak, please refer to my main man Polo's signature. Enough said. The bottom line is the Texans won today with Matt Schaub as the starter. They won because he made plays today. He's the starter, he should be starter, and he will remain the starter. Same for our head coach. Great overall effort by the team today. Piss poor results from the fans. We suck!

I am with you bro. We are a better team then some of our fans give us credit for.

ATXtexanfan
10-12-2008, 08:34 PM
heard that chick, it's a chick. i'm a fan and schaub sucks. people want a winner and the texans aren't there yet. cowboys are getting hell.

GlassHalfFull
10-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Ditto!

TexansSeminole
10-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Different people approach things differently.

Some people, it doesn't matter how you win, they are ecstatic and look to next week. Others like to analyze the play of the team, win or lose.

I don't think there is any need to talk about "true fans" or "real fans". Like DB says, if your watching the Texans games still, your a fan. Nobody would go through this much and not be a fan.

I don't think many people are calling for Sage, just looking at the inconsistent play from Matt Schaub.

I don't see alot of consistency, do you? Inconsistency between games, or throughout the game. I've seen them both. I think last year people had more of a tolerance for it because it was his first year starting, but now it's year 2. I realize he didn't play the whole year last year, but it's still year 2.

The main difference we have here is that some people expect everybody to be happy that we won, regardless of how it happened. Some people are happy that we won, but still feel the team did not play well, and that we are an inconsistent football team that needs to work on ALOT of things.

Again, there is no need to talk about "real fans" here. We are all real fans.

:texflag:

b0ng
10-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Reppe'd

A truly horrible performance by the QB usually doesn't involve a 70 yard drive in under 2 minutes with the QB running in the score on 4th and 2.

HJam72
Some of us are running our mouthes off. :embarrass

Runner
Just a note: It is much more insulting to call someone an imbecile if you spell the word correctly. Imbociles kind of loses the edge, you know?

ATXtexanfan
10-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Just a note: It is much more insulting to call someone an imbecile if you spell the word correctly. Imbociles kind of loses the edge, you know?

lol

Buffi2

Here's how I saw it today. Schaub started out very poor. He stayed at it though which should prove he is tough enough to overcome his shortfalls. Overall, he had a solid outing and won the game for the Texans. And you idiots still hooting and hollering for Sage, are you guys serious? Let's compare: Sage comes out and plays okay through most of the game only to blow up when it counted the most, Schaub comes out and plays bad at the start only to come through and make plays when it counted the most. Do you guys really want to see Sage again?

While I could do without the name calling part - I agree with everything else you said. I think the fans are in a negative cave and have forgotten what light looks like.:goodpost:

Norg
I think thoes people that say thoes things its all OPN let them think whatever they wanna think

But i was at the game today and Boooing Matt through out the hole game was just down right wrong i felt sad being a texan fan during when that was going on i was the only one clapping

heck i think i even see one of are O line shake his head at us in disgust on how we where booing matt

i just think booing him in the 1st Quarter was not justifed yet heck QB around the league always throw INT and dont get booed

bottom line is IMO We have Matt/Sage and both are pretty much at the same level we have no other QB expect Brink and i dont think hes going to be starting so this is the situation we are in there is no way out intill the draft

Mailman
10-12-2008, 08:38 PM
+1

These are many of the same people who ran Brad Lidge out of town because he wasn't able to live up to their expectations of perfection.

gtexan02
10-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I think our fans love to lose. They love to think that the ycould fix things. They are the opposite of fairweather fans. But worse.

Honoring Earl 34
10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm usually so happy that we won that the other things can wait until next week .

There is a point and it's maybe today we learned how to win ... make plays when it counts .

utahmark
10-12-2008, 08:41 PM
heard that chick, it's a chick. i'm a fan and schaub sucks. people want a winner and the texans aren't there yet. cowboys are getting hell.

wtf are you talking about?

Carr Bombed
10-12-2008, 08:42 PM
+1

These are many of the same people who ran Brad Lidge out of town because he wasn't able to live up to their expectations of perfection.

Brad Lidge needed to go........his problem was mental and he needed a change of scenery, I'm happy he found his game again.

Hardcore Texan
10-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Different people approach things differently.

Some people, it doesn't matter how you win, they are ecstatic and look to next week. Others like to analyze the play of the team, win or lose.

I don't think there is any need to talk about "true fans" or "real fans". Like DB says, if your watching the Texans games still, your a fan. Nobody would go through this much and not be a fan.

I don't think many people are calling for Sage, just looking at the inconsistent play from Matt Schaub.

I don't see alot of consistency, do you? Inconsistency between games, or throughout the game. I've seen them both. I think last year people had more of a tolerance for it because it was his first year starting, but now it's year 2. I realize he didn't play the whole year last year, but it's still year 2.

The main difference we have here is that some people expect everybody to be happy that we won, regardless of how it happened. Some people are happy that we won, but still feel the team did not play well, and that we are an inconsistent football team that needs to work on ALOT of things.

Again, there is no need to talk about "real fans" here. We are all real fans.

Exactly. It goes both ways, look at how we were in it with Jax and should have beat the Colts. Today was a grinder and we finally got it done. What I see in all of those games in consistently better football than the first two games. Dare I say, good football. There is intensity, there is an effective running game, and there are explosive plays. And to my suprise pretty decent defense when it counts. I look at all that, plus the adversity that our boys overcame out there and I see a young team maturing. A young team that has had their ass whipped in the past but doesn't give up. They keep fighting and clawing and today found a way to win. I think this win gets cemented in their minds, a boost in self esteem if you will. We shall see.

mattieuk
10-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Reppe'd

A truly horrible performance by the QB usually doesn't involve a 70 yard drive in under 2 minutes with the QB running in the score on 4th and 2.

Apparently they do in Houston!

379 yard passing. A game winning rushing TD. Coming back from a weekend off, due to illness. Added pressure due to stupid 'QB controversy' debates. Good 'bouncebackability' to come back from the poor start. Posting his career passing yards, and allowing his AJ to do the same.

Yea its his second season. Yea he did start off poorly. Yea he did win us this football game.

Chillax people, wait until theres another Titans game before calling for his damn head.

GlassHalfFull
10-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Exactly. It goes both ways, look at how we were in it with Jax and should have beat the Colts. Today was a grinder and we finally got it done. What I see in all of those games in consistently better football than the first two games. Dare I say, good football. There is intensity, there is an effective running game, and there are explosive plays. And to my suprise pretty decent defense when it counts. I look at all that, plus the adversity that our boys overcame out there and I see a young team maturing. A young team that has had their ass whipped in the past but doesn't give up. They keep fighting and clawing and today found a way to win. I think this win gets cemented in their minds, a boost in self esteem if you will. We shall see.

Good post. I agree wholeheartedly.

buddyboy
10-12-2008, 08:47 PM

:goodpost:

Hervoyel
10-12-2008, 08:48 PM
In the first quarter I had a guy sitting behind me screaming for Sage following the two interceptions (which admittedly were a hard way to get the fans behind you after last weeks turnover-palooza from the Rosencopter) and I was getting annoyed. I just went with it, turned around and said "What's wrong? Matt not turning it over fast enough for you?".

Still, it was an ugly game from Matt. He started out very shaky but he got better as the game progressed. Unfortunately his protection seemed to get worse so it kind of all evened out for most of the day.

I did think that he started out bad and got better enough to win which I'll take any day over starting out great and getting bad enough to lose. Now I just want to see the team build on this win. They need to go in next week and take care of Detroit (who I really wish had won that game today against Minnesota. They're going to be tougher next week because they're one more week hungrier to get in the W column. We need to take the next step and beat the snot out of the Lions, then finally win one against the Bengals. We need to see the team win, win again, and then win a third time for once in the same season. They can do it. I remember today watching them and thinking that if we weren't making so many stupid errors we'd be sitting on 45 points by now at the rate we were going. This team is too good to be as bad as they are sometimes.

J-Russ
10-12-2008, 08:48 PM
JBZ, you're right. All this time we thought us fans deserved better from the Texans, but actually it was the Texans that deserves better from its fans!:heh:

HJam72
10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
One week: THIS TEAM IS CURSED! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! All because one player has a goofy meltdown.

Next week: RAH! RAH! RAH! SCHAUB IS GOD! WE'RE GOIN' TO MEDIOCRITY LAND! All because one QB didn't happen to get dragged down by a DT on the last offensive play of the game (that mattered).

What those of us who are scrutinizing are doing is being CONSISTENT. I don't just notice the bad things when we lose. All of my perceptions of the entire game are not changed by one final play. Had that last play not worked, EVERYONE would be ticked about Schaub's 2 picks....and the 4 others he's very lucky not to have.

I am not calling for a Rosencopter start. As starters, they both suck....well, at least so far.

TexansSeminole
10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
There is intensity, there is an effective running game, and there are explosive plays. And to my suprise pretty decent defense when it counts.

These two things are really what differentiates this team from last year's team.

Not only have we found a new RB in Slaton, but Green is actually playing, and playing quite well. He isn't explosive, but he gets the job done.

The defense played a great game today. Okoye got some pressure, and Mario is Mario.

There were some positives to come out of this game, and the first 4 games overall. I think we all know where we need to get better, it's just a matter of getting out on the field and doing it.

I thought our D grew up today, and I think our running game continues to grow (O line included obviously).

These two aspects of the game might be the two most important, outside of smart QB play, in football. I like to see progress in these areas.

I remember today watching them and thinking that if we weren't making so many stupid errors we'd be sitting on 45 points by now at the rate we were going. This team is too good to be as bad as they are sometimes.

Pretty much how I feel.

Mailman
10-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Brad Lidge needed to go........his problem was mental and he needed a change of scenery, I'm happy he found his game again.

Nope. His problem was not mental, it was his knee.

HJam72
10-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Ask me how many tackles Okoye had.

Mailman
10-12-2008, 08:55 PM
One week: THIS TEAM IS CURSED! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! All because one player has a goofy meltdown.

Next week: RAH! RAH! RAH! SCHAUB IS GOD! WE'RE GOIN' TO MEDIOCRITY LAND! All because one QB didn't happen to get dragged down by a DT on the last offensive play of the game (that mattered).

What those of us who are scrutinizing are doing is being CONSISTENT. I don't just notice the bad things when we lose. All of my perceptions of the entire game are not changed by one final play. Had that last play not worked, EVERYONE would be ticked about Schaub's 2 picks....and the 4 others he's very lucky not to have.

I am not calling for a Rosencopter start. As starters, they both suck....well, at least so far.

Nobody is saying Schaub is God, and you know it. The only consistency here is the debbie downer crowd needed to ***** about something. We all saw how poorly Schaub played, we just don't need to hear about it immediately following a game this team found a way to win a game it ALWAYS finds a way to lose.

Malloy
10-12-2008, 08:56 PM

I got offended that he drives a truck :)

About the game and fans...too tierd and drunk to deal with that now. Tomorrow :)

GNTLEWOLF
10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Some of us are running our mouthes off. :embarrass

That right there is funny...I don't care who you are

Texan JBZ
10-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Ask me how many tackles Okoye had.

Lol. Okay HJam72, how many tackles did Okoye have today? Also, if you haven't noticed, Robinson and Cochran are getting more burn in the rotation these last three games. Okoye had his best game of the season last week. Big ups to him for that. As far as today, he stood out a few times. Some of you have pegged me as an Amobi hater, but that's not the case. I like Amobi as a player. He was just playing poorly imo. He's picked it up.

HJam72
10-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Nobody is saying Schaub is God, and you know it. The only consistency here is the debbie downer crowd needed to ***** about something. We all saw how poorly Schaub played, we just don't need to hear about it immediately following a game this team found a way to win a game it ALWAYS finds a way to lose.

SEE! He couldn't even do THAT right! :specnatz:

Mailman
10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Speaking for myself only, I would've enjoyed AJ's season-saving reception, but it was overshadowed by that idiotic fumble he gave to the Dolphins. If he doesn't fumble there, we probably wouldn't have had to rely on Matt Schaub (and the unanswered prayers I've hoarded for years) to fluke into an undeserved win.

Sure, the Texans got their first victory, but it might as well have been a loss considering the overall suckitude.

Such is the life of a Texans fan. We lose even when we win.

[/SARC]

MEGA SWATT
10-12-2008, 09:11 PM

Here comes the 3rd grade english teacher. Ooops Fixed:

Here comes the third grade English teacher.

GMAMFB, you got his message right?

I'm with you OP.

MEGA SWATT
10-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Speaking for myself only, I would've enjoyed AJ's season-saving reception, but it was overshadowed by that idiotic fumble he gave to the Dolphins. If he doesn't fumble there, we probably wouldn't have had to rely on Matt Schaub (and the unanswered prayers I've hoarded for years) to fluke into an undeserved win.

Sure, the Texans got their first victory, but it might as well have been a loss considering the overall suckitude.
Such is the life of a Texans fan. We lose even when we win.

that is retarded. a win is a win. thanks for playing.

TheCD
10-12-2008, 09:14 PM

Just a note here: Ask any WCO caoch and they will tell you it takes about 3 years for a QB to fully assimilate into a specific WCO. If he's still playing badly next year, then we can confidently say he's not getting it.

TexansSeminole
10-12-2008, 09:14 PM
that is retarded. a win is a win. thanks for playing.

sarcasm

superdave532
10-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Is there a way to block certain people's posts so that I can't read them? Reading through some of the negative replies to this thread are just making me mad and I don't want to start calling people retarded or.. well, can't really think of anything that really describes how dumb some of these posts are.

1) Schaub started out poorly and finished the game on a high note resulting in a win. Sage started out great and finished the game with a historic implosion resulting in a loss. Why are people still saying there's a quarterback controversy when there clearly isn't one?

2) People were saying after the Colts loss, where we had terrific stats but a loss, that stats don't matter and wins are all that count. And now, after a game where we had relatively ugly stats in a few areas but a win, are people seriously complaining about how we got it?

Some people are obviously never going to be happy with what this team does and I'm really sick of reading about it. Sure people are entitled to their own opinion no matter how wrong it might be, but this is becoming absurd.

Seriously, if there's a way to block certain people's posts let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Runner
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Here comes the 3rd grade english teacher.

Hardly. I just think if someone is going to call a group of people stupid, he should do his best not to look stupid doing so.

Thanks for pointing out you think it was below third grade level English though. I would have rated the word fourth grade level.

GMAMFB, you got his message right?

I'm with you OP.

To me his message was mainly name calling because his feelings were hurt. It is hard to tell with the "dumb broad" and other "loser acronyms*" type comments overshadowing any point he may have been trying to make.

Give me a break indeed.

*Note that I didn't point out in my original post that they weren't acronyms either

MEGA SWATT
10-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Hardly. I just think if someone is going to call a group of people stupid, he should do his best not to look stupid doing so.

Thanks for pointing out you think it was below third grade level English though. I would have rated the word fourth grade level.

Give me a break indeed.

That is just stewpid^^:kingkong:

LonerATO
10-12-2008, 09:33 PM
can people here stop getting butt hurt about the win and also can we get a topic started for those that wish to analyze the game. people that are butt hurt over negatives comments please dont click on said topic if it gets started that way you can enjoy a worry free win

Runner
10-12-2008, 09:35 PM
can people here stop getting butt hurt about the win and also can we get a topic started for those that wish to analyze the game. people that are butt hurt over negatives comments please dont click on said topic if it gets started that way you can enjoy a worry free win

Why is you avatar frowning?

HJam72
10-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Why is you avatar frowning?

LOL :photos:

LonerATO
10-12-2008, 09:38 PM
its an unhappy 4-3

ATXtexanfan
10-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Is there a way to block certain people's posts so that I can't read them? Reading through some of the negative replies to this thread are just making me mad and I don't want to start calling people retarded or.. well, can't really think of anything that really describes how dumb some of these posts are.

1) Schaub started out poorly and finished the game on a high note resulting in a win. Sage started out great and finished the game with a historic implosion resulting in a loss. Why are people still saying there's a quarterback controversy when there clearly isn't one?

2) People were saying after the Colts loss, where we had terrific stats but a loss, that stats don't matter and wins are all that count. And now, after a game where we had relatively ugly stats in a few areas but a win, are people seriously complaining about how we got it?

Some people are obviously never going to be happy with what this team does and I'm really sick of reading about it. Sure people are entitled to their own opinion no matter how wrong it might be, but this is becoming absurd.

Seriously, if there's a way to block certain people's posts let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

1) why is schaub always starting off terrible?
2) most of us feel were better than the team that picked 1st in last year's draft

Mailman
10-12-2008, 09:47 PM
sarcasm

What he said.

I thought it was fairly obvious, but I'll edit my post accordingly.

Second Honeymoon
10-12-2008, 11:09 PM
AJ's grab on fourth down was legendary. Schaub played a pretty darn good game especially under the circumstances of coming in after last week's debacle. The team came out flat and did not look sharp at the start of the game but that is pretty much expected with Kubiak's Texans. What I liked is that Matt didn't give up and he grinded out a win by making a lot of important plays and keeping his composure admidst enormous pressure both mental and physical (Porter).

To continue our complete dominance of the Fins was pretty nice too. Undefeated v. the Dolphins. 4-0 all-time.

As for fans being pessimistic, what do you really expect after the season they had up till this Sunday? I may not be a huge fan of Kubiak, but he is our Head Coach and I want him to succeed but I won't hold it against someone for still being critical but when the wins come around so infrequently, you might as well enjoy them and take them for what they are. A win. Kubiak finally got one today, they still tried to give it away at the end, but luckily Karma was on our side.

This weekend was pretty nice, the Horns played a great game v. a great OU team and won with class and the Texans played a pretty good game v. a pretty good Dolphins team and continued the dominance of the Dolphins (and pending a turnaround, saved our season). Nice weekend and thanks AJ.

brought to you by the Andre Johnson Saved Our Season Foundation

eriadoc
10-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I am with you bro. We are a better team then some of our fans give us credit for.

What credit should we be giving? 1 win? More? Until further notice, we are 1-4 and exactly that good.

JamesC
10-12-2008, 11:24 PM
We all know the Texans have a lot of issues and shortcomings. For me it just felt good to get the win, regardless of the opponent. I enjoyed the nailbiting victory and the Cowboys loss. We'll worry about next week when it comes.

Nawzer
10-12-2008, 11:26 PM
It was a good win against a good team. Both teams made a lot of mistakes but we just made enough plays to win the game. It wasn't pretty but I'll take an ugly win over an epic loss anyday. Matt Schaub started of horribly but really played well and led us to a victory. Let's hope we can continue and build on this win.

Texecutioner
10-12-2008, 11:50 PM

While you may enjoy mediocraty and feel wonderful of season after season where the team doesn't make it to the post season that is fine. Don't expect others to lower their standards for low expectations and under achievements that your okay with.

At the end of the day this team was like 7 seconds away from being 0-5 if it weren't for one last play that worked. That is not anything for a team that hadn't had a win to feel great about and feel like things have turned around. This team has a lot of improving to do.

J-Russ
10-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Of course we were 7secs from being 0-5... but we're not, thanks to Schaub. That's why you see the majority of the board swanging on his nuts, including me. Matty Ice baby!

IlliniJen
10-13-2008, 12:12 AM
I have to agree with the OP. Coming here after a thrilling win and then reading the negativity and people saying that Schaub shouldn't be the starter...well, some of the "fans" on this board come off as having the emotional stability of a 2-legged chair. The same rationale they used last week to damn Rosenfelds, they don't apply to Schaub, and I'm gobsmacked.

There are a ton of QBs that wouldn't have recovered from the start that Schaub had, but yet he found a way to get the team down the field and score with 3 seconds left to win the game. And to tell the truth, I didn't expect the Texans to pull it off. I didn't think they had it in them, and they proved me wrong. I'm happy for that because if losing sets a tone, then pulling out a win like this also sets a tone and they deserve some credit after the heaping helping of (deserved) crap that has been shoveled on to them the last couple of weeks.

It's not easy being a Texans fan, and most of the time it's due to how the team plays. But today it's not easy being a Texans fans because the "fans"...well, they seem unhappier with success than with failure.

ReliantTexan
10-13-2008, 12:37 AM
While you may enjoy mediocraty and feel wonderful of season after season where the team doesn't make it to the post season that is fine. Don't expect others to lower their standards for low expectations and under achievements that your okay with.

At the end of the day this team was like 7 seconds away from being 0-5 if it weren't for one last play that worked. That is not anything for a team that hadn't had a win to feel great about and feel like things have turned around. This team has a lot of improving to do. Oh yeah, going 73 yds. in 1:40 to score a game winning TD isn't anything to feel good about. We got our first win of the season, (that's a positive),granted 1-4 is not where my expectations are for this team either. Would you be happier if we were 0-5? The weird thing is, I actually think you would be.:thinking:

Ckw
10-13-2008, 12:43 AM

But the question remains, would he have gotten through it and got over his "mental" problem if our fans had not given him so much hell?

eriadoc
10-13-2008, 01:08 AM
It's not easy being a Texans fan, and most of the time it's due to how the team plays. But today it's not easy being a Texans fans because the "fans"...well, they seem unhappier with success than with failure.

Success? Where? Which way did it go? Did I miss something?

I agree with most of your post, and I agree with the general sentiment of the OP, if not the name-calling and such. However, we should not ignore in victory what we wouldn't ignore in defeat, to paraphrase JVG.

As for success ... well, let's just say that the time for thin slicing is long gone for this team. We're fixing to be eight years gone with no playoffs in sight. Meanwhile, we've seen other teams come from cellar to playoffs. I'll try and keep the negativity in check, but yeah, I'm getting a little impatient. That doesn't mean I'm going anywhere, but it does mean I am less inclined to be putting lipstick on a pig.

HJam72
10-13-2008, 01:23 AM

I agree with most of your post, and I agree with the general sentiment of the OP, if not the name-calling and such. However, we should not ignore in victory what we wouldn't ignore in defeat, to paraphrase JVG.

As for success ... well, let's just say that the time for thin slicing is long gone for this team. We're fixing to be eight years gone with no playoffs in sight. Meanwhile, we've seen other teams come from cellar to playoffs. I'll try and keep the negativity in check, but yeah, I'm getting a little impatient. That doesn't mean I'm going anywhere, but it does mean I am less inclined to be putting lipstick on a pig.

When did it go from a pitt-bull to a pig. Did she gain weight?

Corrosion
10-13-2008, 01:32 AM

Schaub just screwed this team outa the number one pick in next years draft .... :sarcasm:

HJam72
10-13-2008, 01:38 AM
Schaub just screwed this team outa the number one pick in next years draft .... :sarcasm:
What a jerk! :foottap:

PS-Schaub, I mean. :)

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Oh yeah, going 73 yds. in 1:40 to score a game winning TD isn't anything to feel good about. We got our first win of the season, (that's a positive),granted 1-4 is not where my expectations are for this team either. Would you be happier if we were 0-5? The weird thing is, I actually think you would be.:thinking:

Just because you find comfort in a win where it came down to the last play and the team is still 1-4, don't expect others to find your same measurement of success acceptable and fulfilling. This is a message board where different fans give their opinions, and if you aren't capable of understanding why some fans have a passion for winning consistently and convincingly then I can't help you.

Not everyone on this board is a homer that believes this is a good team just because they are the team we root for. We still make objective evaluations and see where certain things are still lacking and expect it to improve. That is what people who are passionate about winning and achieving do.

ReliantTexan
10-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Just because you find comfort in a win where it came down to the last play and the team is still 1-4, don't expect others to find your same measurement of success acceptable and fulfilling. This is a message board where different fans give their opinions, and if you aren't capable of understanding why some fans have a passion for winning consistently and convincingly then I can't help you.

Not everyone on this board is a homer that believes this is a good team just because they are the team we root for. We still make objective evaluations and see where certain things are still lacking and expect it to improve. That is what people who are passionate about winning and achieving do. Maybe you missed the part where I said that 1-4 is not where my expectations are for this team. But still, I'm not going to b**** about not winning the game the way some fans might have wanted. A win is a win, and anybody who knows sports will tell you that. I'll give credit in the fact that despite 4 To's we still won the game, our players made clutch plays on the last drive and came back to win the game. Seriously, you're saying that we shouldn't be glad that we got a win. I'm sorry, I just don't get the logic.

HJam72
10-13-2008, 02:02 AM
I think too many people are telling other people what they already said....incorrectly. I guess if you don't want to be misunderstood, don't speak, lol.

ReliantTexan
10-13-2008, 02:05 AM
I think too many people are telling other people what they already said....incorrectly. I guess if you don't want to be misunderstood, don't speak, lol.So, who exactly are you talking about?:specnatz:

HJam72
10-13-2008, 02:06 AM
If I say, "Schaub really wasn't very good today," that doesn't necessarilly imply, "Start Rosencopter!" or "Bring back HWWNBN!" or especially "Fire Kubiak!" If I say, "Mario cost us a TD today," that doesn't mean "Mario is a bust," or "Okoye would make a better receiver."

Too many people are jumping to conclusions.

HJam72
10-13-2008, 02:07 AM
So, who exactly are you talking about?:specnatz:

I was reading your last post when I decided to post that, but it seems that's been going on all over the boards with many posters all day.

Corrosion
10-13-2008, 02:09 AM
I was reading your last post when I decided to post that, but it seems that's been going on all over the boards with many posters For Years.

Edited that for ya .... :tiphat:

(I just had to do it)

eriadoc
10-13-2008, 02:10 AM
If I say, "Schaub really wasn't very good today," that doesn't necessarilly imply, "Start Rosencopter!" or "Bring back HWWNBN!" or especially "Fire Kubiak!" If I say, "Mario cost us a TD today," that doesn't mean "Mario is a bust," or "Okoye would make a better receiver."

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

ReliantTexan
10-13-2008, 02:11 AM

Too many people are jumping to conclusions.Oh so now you wish we would have taken Bush, is that it?:foottap: Unbelievable!

:)

HJam72
10-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Edited that for ya .... :tiphat:

(I just had to do it)

Good point.

HJam72
10-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Oh so now you wish we would have taken Bush, is that it?:foottap: Unbelievable!

:)

I give up. :)

Sideline
10-13-2008, 04:00 AM

Fantastic post dude. I agree entirely.

Grams
10-13-2008, 07:23 AM

At the end of the day this team was like 7 seconds away from being 0-5 if it weren't for one last play that worked. That is not anything for a team that hadn't had a win to feel great about and feel like things have turned around. This team has a lot of improving to do.

I guess you would not do too well if you were a Lions fan.

CloakNNNdagger
10-13-2008, 08:57 AM

The only teams with a worse record than ours in the NFL is the Lions (0-5) and the Bungles (0-6). You could say that we are just a tick away from being able to see how we all would do.:mcnugget:

Insideop
10-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Good thread with some interesting post.

What I see from this team, especially over the last 3 games, is a team with a lot of fight that hasn't quite "put it it all together" yet, but may have turned the corner with the win yesterday. Sure, it was ugly at times, but I think they are maturing as a team and they're finally realizing what it's going to take to win as a team. A will to win. It just seemed like, during that last drive, that the the players decided to step up and not lose the game, and put it all out on the field.

Remember, this is a young team that was going through a lot of growing pains the last 6 weeks, but I really think the worst is behind us, and I believe there will be better times ahead! JMHO! :texflag:

Runner
10-13-2008, 09:16 AM
The only teams with a worse record than ours in the NFL is the Lions (0-5) and the Bungles (0-6). You could say that we are just a tick away from being able to see how we all would do.:mcnugget:

The Texans are the best darn 1-5 team in the league. With a few other inept teams coming up, please try to post ecstatically.

You are harshing my mellow.

Kaiser Toro
10-13-2008, 09:23 AM
The Texans are the best darn 1-5 team in the league. With a few other inept teams coming up, please try to post ecstatically.

You are harshing my mellow.

We are 1-4

HoustonFrog
10-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Without the name calling I agree with the original poster. At least this QB finished a game instead of losing it. They both are suspect but I like that part of it. I will say though that I'm hearing on the radio with the easy schedule the Texans are about to make a move. They are still a bad team and there are no Ws that are automatic with this bunch. It's frustrating to hear that.

BuffaloglennTX
10-13-2008, 09:38 AM

I heard that call too - it was almost like a prank call, as the girl that called in was ridiculous. She was practically saying Sage should start, "he's cuter". "When I bought my car, I bought the cute one". It was that sort of call so I wouldn't get too worked up or deem that call representative of most Texans fans.

Runner
10-13-2008, 09:39 AM
We are 1-4

Oops. Even better.

I'm mellow again.

spurstexanstros
10-13-2008, 09:42 AM

What he said.... except all I can think today is wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee

spurstexanstros
10-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Texecutioner

Thhhhhpt:wild: ok seriously wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee

TexansSeminole
10-13-2008, 09:49 AM

That's exactly what it is. You analyze the game and they get their panties in a bunch. Some people just don't care how they win, if they win, they are nothing but happy. And to see other people pointing out the bad plays, well that's just wrong.

Funny thing is those are the people who get mad and start calling people names. The people who analyze just give their 2 cents on the game, but get responses from homers with a bunch of assumptions and goofy logic.

"We won the game so shut the f up about the negatives."

Pretty simple minded, IMO. JMO.

TexansFight
10-13-2008, 09:57 AM
+1

You are kidding right? Houston is probably one of the softest cities when it comes to the fan's and media's treatment of players. David friggin Carr was the starting QB here for FIVE YEARS of atrocious play. He would have been ridden out on a rail after 3 years tops in any other NFL city.

I am glad that we won yesterday, but that doesn't mean all is well in Texansland. We continued to make stupid mistakes, our HC was again clueless when it came to clock management at the end of the first half, and the complete defensive breakdown on the Wildcat formation flea-flicker was embarrassing.

It comes down to expectations. I thought we had a legitimate shot to be a 9-7 to 10-6 if we got really lucky football team that could contend for a playoff spot. What we have show so far is that we are a bad football team that appears to have regressed. Don't get on the fans for not jumping through hoops since we finally won a damn game. This isn't the first or second year of the franchise anymore. We as fans should have higher standards.

Porky
10-13-2008, 09:57 AM
It's weird, because at once I am the most encouraged about the future as I have ever been with this team, while at the same time wondering when the next self inflicted implosion will occur.

Folks, after Pittsburgh the only team that has really and truly beaten the Texans is the Texans themselves. We could very easily be looking at 3-2, or even 4-1 this morning. I realize that's not reality, but my point is this - This team bears no resemblence to the Dom Capers led 2-14 team which had trouble tying it's shoelaces correctly.

This team has some real talent, espeically on offense. We FINALLY have an offense that can move the ball and put points on the board at a pretty alarming rate. In fact, the only thing keeping this offense from elite level is a little more consistent play from the LT, and most importantly better decision making and ball security at the QB position.

Matt played an uneven game with some highs and lows. However, all of you yesterday calling for Sage need to be reminded of something. The last two weeks Matt has played he has compiled 4 td passes, approx 700 yards passing, and one interception that was clearly his fault. He has also led us to two end of game drives to either tie or win when the chips were on the line, a HUGELY positve quality in a QB.

And that is in basically one season of starting. Do we really want to go down memory lane? How many times did Mr Mittens in FIVE years throw for over 300 yards in a game - and twice in a row at that? How many times did he have 3 td passes in a game? How many times did Mr. Mittens have a two minute drive the likes of which we saw yesterday, or even at Jax?

You people are complaining because you aren't getting cavier? Well, the shrmip pate' is a whole lot better than the Creme de' la' Spam you were fed for five freaking years, and many of you wanted to continue that diet.

Me, it's clear that Kubes still has issues, the D still has some issues, and we make too many unforcred errors. But, by the same token, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and for once it's not a train headed my way.

HoustonFrog
10-13-2008, 10:01 AM
It's weird, because at once I am the most encouraged about the future as I have ever been with this team, while at the same time wondering when the next self inflicted implosion will occur.

Folks, after Pittsburgh the only team that has really and truly beaten the Texans is the Texans themselves. We could very easily be looking at 3-2, or even 4-1 this morning. I realize that's not reality, but my point is this - This team bears no resemblence to the Dom Capers led 2-14 team which had trouble tying it's shoelaces correctly.

This team has some real talent, espeically on offense. We FINALLY have an offense that can move the ball and put points on the board at a pretty alarming rate. In fact, the only thing keeping this offense from elite level is a little more consistent play from the LT, and most importantly better decision making and ball security at the QB position.

Matt played an uneven game with some highs and lows. However, all of you yesterday calling for Sage need to be reminded of something. The last two weeks Matt has played he has compiled 4 td passes, approx 700 yards passing, and one interception that was clearly his fault. He has also led us to two end of game drives to either tie or win when the chips were on the line, a HUGELY positve quality in a QB.

And that is in basically one season of starting. Do we really want to go down memory lane? How many times did Mr Mittens in FIVE years throw for over 300 yards in a game - and twice in a row at that? How many times did he have 3 td passes in a game? How many times did Mr. Mittens have a two minute drive the likes of which we saw yesterday, or even at Jax?

You people are complaining because you aren't getting cavier? Well, the shrmip pate' is a whole lot better than the Creme de' la' Spam you were fed for five freaking years, and many of you wanted to continue that diet.

Me, it's clear that Kubes still has issues, the D still has some issues, and we make too many unforcred errors. But, by the same token, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and for once it's not a train headed my way.

Must spread rep first

Texan JBZ
10-13-2008, 10:05 AM
That's exactly what it is. You analyze the game and they get their panties in a bunch. Some people just don't care how they win, if they win, they are nothing but happy. And to see other people pointing out the bad plays, well that's just wrong.

Funny thing is those are the people who get mad and start calling people names. The people who analyze just give their 2 cents on the game, but get responses from homers with a bunch of assumptions and goofy logic.

"We won the game so shut the f up about the negatives."

Pretty simple minded, IMO. JMO.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious for me. You've saved me some keystrokes!

Texans_Chick
10-13-2008, 10:15 AM

Yeah, what is weird about this win is that I can't remember being so angry during a win. And so happy that a nail biter actually turned out good for the Texans. It was weird.

Schaub has struggled mightily in the first quarter of games. I looked into it, and he didn't have the same struggles last year (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/10/a_texans_win_that_makes_you_ha.html).

Hard to figure out who this team is and how good the could be. They have lost to:

The 4-1 Steelers, the 5-0 Titans, the 3-3 Jags and the 3-2 Colts. Three of those are road games. They tried to give it away to the Dolphins. A much nicer stretch of games coming up, and really, the Texans look like a team that is still learning how to play together. They need to learn some confidence.

Before the season, I said that this season was going to come down to whether they could survive this stretch of games with some health and confidence. Their key players are healthy (knock on wood), and they don't have the locker room melt down that a lot of losing teams already have.

All that being said, I would dearly like for them to stomp a mudhole into the Lions. For their sakes and for the fan's sake.

Honoring Earl 34
10-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Yeah, what is weird about this win is that I can't remember being so angry during a win. And so happy that a nail biter actually turned out good for the Texans. It was weird.

Schaub has struggled mightily in the first quarter of games. I looked into it, and he didn't have the same struggles last year (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/10/a_texans_win_that_makes_you_ha.html).

Hard to figure out who this team is and how good the could be. They have lost to:

The 4-1 Steelers, the 5-0 Titans, the 3-3 Jags and the 3-2 Colts. Three of those are road games. They tried to give it away to the Dolphins. A much nicer stretch of games coming up, and really, the Texans look like a team that is still learning how to play together. They need to learn some confidence.

Before the season, I said that this season was going to come down to whether they could survive this stretch of games with some health and confidence. Their key players are healthy (knock on wood), and they don't have the locker room melt down that a lot of losing teams already have.

All that being said, I would dearly like for them to stomp a mudhole into the Lions. For their sakes and for the fan's sake.

Matt got married and can longer be the care free QB he was . Rumor has it that he can longer play poker with the boys on Thursday night cause the new bride wants him to watch Survivor with her .

It's also been pointed out that Matt has to have the yard mowed and the trash taken out before he can go to the hotel on Saturday night .

Bottom line is he has the polar oppisite problem of Kelen Winslow

bigbrewster2000
10-13-2008, 10:53 AM
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

Rep

Hardcore Texan
10-13-2008, 11:13 AM
What credit should we be giving? 1 win? More? Until further notice, we are 1-4 and exactly that good.

Chillax. I said we are better team than some of our fans give us credit for, I didn't say anything about our record. You know what I meant. I am talking about potential, potential that I believe is going to translate to more wins.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 11:19 AM

That is what most fans outside of Houston compare this team to and have for years.

ObsiWan
10-13-2008, 11:20 AM
what some folks fail to realize - or acknowledge - that part of being a winning team means that sometimes you find a way to win when you aren't on top of your game.

Remember the Cowboys' victory against the Bills last year on MNF? Romo threw 4-5 INTs. I think the Bills returned a couple of them for TDs. Yet, all that counts is that they won.

Remember "The Catch" when Montana hit Dwight Clark in the back of the endzone against the Cowboys? Montana turned the ball over 3-4 times that day. All that counts is that they won.

Those of you who expect every win to be a thing of beauty and that the team should always play error-free ball need to stop smoking that s#!t and join the rest of us in the land of the real. Sometimes wins are ugly.

Yeah, Schaub had a couple of bonehead INTs
and yeah, AJ fumbled the ball on the way to his 2nd TD
and yeah, Eugene Wilson gave the ball right back after making what should have been the game-clinching INT
and yeah, Duane Brown got seriously schooled all day by Joey Porter.

But we kept fighting back; Schaub & Co. never gave up or "mailed it in" - even with Porter & Co. in his face all day. That shows me there's a whole bunch of fight in our Texans. We might not always win but, by God, we won't quit. That makes me proud.

:fans:

Polo
10-13-2008, 11:22 AM

We were also a few plays and a coin toss away from possibly being 4-1...

If "if" was fifth and all that jazz...

If you look at the way the team has played and not simply at the win or loss column I find it amazingly simple to see that the team has improved since last year and even since the beggining of this season...

Be upset about the losses...That's normal...

But to gripe about wins? That's a little silly to me, because that'd mean the Texans would either have to blow opponents out consistently or never make an error for them to play at your "standards"...I've yet to watch a game where a team played perfect football...The game was close because both teams made some outstanding plays....You can't discredit the opponent....Those guys get paid to make plays too...

We beat a team that has been playing some good football this year...Yes we made errors, but there have been a lot more positives this year (and in that game in particular) vs. years past...We finally are getting some semblance of a pass rush...Linebackers are actually making plays...DB's are even in the vicinity of recievers...Offense is potent when they aren't causing themselves grief...Rushing game is looking nice...Owen Daniels owns the middle of the field...

The positives far outweighed the negatives, and we got a W..

I'm not one to tell a fan how to be a fan, but to be this pissy after a win where so many positives occurred is just difficult for me to grasp...

Wolf
10-13-2008, 11:25 AM

I agree TC, I had the same mixed feelings ... after Schaub scored and he threw the ball against the wall, I joked about that being one of his better passes on that last drive ..

I am happy we won but I couldn't help but think about some of the decisions Schaub made being center.. throwing into double coverage and stuff ....anyway
All I can say is if this was a perfect game, then the Texan coaches wouldn't have much game film to work with and the guys wouldn't learn

Here is a start to hopefully another win next week :splits:

Polo
10-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Honestly, I came out of this game feeling like we could play with anybody.....

There isn't a team left on our schedule that I look at and feel like we can't beat...

Don't know how it's going to translate, but that's a good feeling that I never had when the team was coached by Capers...

Yankee_In_TX
10-13-2008, 11:28 AM

Thank you. Rep.

Porky
10-13-2008, 11:31 AM
And another point for the Schaub bashers. Schaub has had major trouble with the 3/4, as evidenced by his terrible start in Pittsburg. And the Fins have been playing some pretty damn good D this year to boot. Yet, Matt rings them up for nearly 200 more yards thru the air than their avg this year after just suffering thru a bad illness and losing 7 pounds and being in aa weakened state.

Did he make some mistakes and had some errant thrown? Yes. Did he have a few poor decisions? Yes.

Did he throw for nearly 400 yards? Yes. Did he throw for one TD, and run for the game clincher? Yes. Did he run a great two minute drill even after having a terrible sack to start the drive, and only had one TO to do it? YES!

Most importantly, when it mattered MOST, did he go brain dead and turn into Matt Schaubencopter? NO! He was level headed, sharp, didn't panic, and made the plays that win games when it mattered most.

I don't think it's going out on a limb at all to say we would be 2-3 right now had Schaub played against the Colts instead of Sage. Granted, it's impossible to know, but that's certainly my prediction.

Who should be the starter the rest of the year? Unquestionably Schaub. Sage plays best when it matters least, and plays his poorest when it matter most. The Indy game is exhibit A on why he should remain a backup.

Scooter
10-13-2008, 11:57 AM
A much nicer stretch of games coming up, and really, the Texans look like a team that is still learning how to play together. They need to learn some confidence.

it's a testament to the coaches that "learning how to play together" isnt as pronounced as it could be. in a little over 2 seasons we've replaced 9 starters on offense, and right now have 10 new starters on defense. we've got 14+ contributors acquired through 3 drafts, and 8 as starters (2 rookies) ... the youth on this team has really stepped up and is making their mark. the fluke is that it's our veterans are the ones making mistakes.

Second Honeymoon
10-13-2008, 12:01 PM
I won't hate on either QB because I feel both guys have given 100% to the organization and really do the extra stuff off the field in the film room and in the offseason that makes all the difference...which is more than I can say about our previous QB....

make no mistake. AJ won that game for us. Schaub's QB draw was risky, ballsy, and well executed but if AJ doesn't miraculously catch that horrible pass from Schaub on 4th Down we are 0-5. Credit to Kubiak for keeping his team focused with their eye on the prize. They didn't quit and although they came out flat....again....they turned it around and pulled out a gutsy win and all signs were pointing to another heartbreaking loss.

Thanks Texans

ObsiWan
10-13-2008, 12:09 PM

and they were in all but one of those games!

I would like that too. But I happened to notice that the Lions sacked Gus F. FOUR times. While A.D. got his yards, the Lions kept him out of the end zone and made him fumble twice. They also have a very serious deep threat in Calvin Johnson.
0-5 or not, the Lions' game is no gimme.

...and I want them to do it for their sake. We fans are much to squirrelly to appreciate it.

3rd and Inches
10-13-2008, 12:14 PM
LOL. So because a person is analytical about the team and how it should move forward that makes someone a poor fan? Do you think that after a win the players and coaching staff just pat each other on the back and be done with it for the week because they won? No, they look at their successes AND mistakes and go over ways not to make them the next week. Just because fans are trying to figure out how we can make this team even better doesn't mean that they're poor fans.

Yankee_In_TX
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM

Not everyone on this board is a homer that believes this is a good team just because they are the team we root for. We still make objective evaluations and see where certain things are still lacking and expect it to improve. That is what people who are passionate about winning and achieving do.

By that token, we're a play and/or coin toss away from 3-2. A win is a win and a loss is a loss IMO.

gtexan02
10-13-2008, 12:34 PM
I seriously think the Texans have accrued some fans who ENJOY booing and crapping on the fans and the team. They are fault finders in the worst sense.

Goldensilence
10-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Man you would've thought we just lost the superbowl they way some posters here are asking for heads and wanting Sage Rosenfels to start again. Did something happen in the past week to make you forget the historic meltdown we all saw? How deep is your head in the sand Sage for President club?

Expectations are made over time and SHOULD be done in a reasonable manner. I don't it wise for both parties leveling unrealistic expectations in a short time table. You're only going to give yourself nothing but anger and damage confidence. I understand wanting to analyze a game and wanting to gauge where the coaching is, the players are and the decision making skills on both sides. I understand the frustration but at this point and time I'm willing to put that aside for the moment to understand most importantly this team needed A WIN. It needed a win so badly just to remember what it is like to get one after the rough start this season has been and two weeks of bad loses.

Some of the posters here act as if the win was handed to them. I was at work and could only see scores and play by play on occassion. When I Saw Miami had just scored late in the and on the first play of the ensuing drive Matt was sacked. I thought oh well there goes another close on and closed the page. They found a way to drive down the field and get in the endzone when they needed to. Not in garbage time but crunch time with the game on the line. That at least is a good sign. At this point in the season is going to take baby steps.

I'm going to encourage people here to scaffold their expectations. Build more expectations as they reach prior ones. It makes it a lot more realistic and easier on both sides. If you se the bar insanely high from the get go you're going to be disapointed and whomever opposite feels crushed for not being able to make such a dramatic jump. A lot can happen in a season and I know after the way we finally hit 8-8 last season many of us were thinking about the possibility of challenging for the playoffs while others went higher. A lot can happen in an offseason or start of one. Just look at the Pats this year.

Dog piling on after a W helps NO ONE.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 12:47 PM
By that token, we're a play and/or coin toss away from 3-2. A win is a win and a loss is a loss IMO.

I agree with you here. We could be 3-2 right now if we had a coach that had a clue how to manage a game and call timeouts and challenges correctly. That is part of the frustration you see with certain fans that aren't all giddy with a record of 1-4.

Texan_Bill
10-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Hey, it's all Bob Ross' "happy clouds" for me!!!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff25/BrookiniWeanie2010/bobross.jpg

Brando
10-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey, it's all Bob Ross' "happy clouds" for me!!!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff25/BrookiniWeanie2010/bobross.jpg

Same here, I was excited that the Texans finally found a way to win instead of finding a way to lose. Johnson's catch will be legendary for me. Schaub and Johnson definitely redeemed themselves on that final drive for their mistakes earlier in the game.

IlliniJen
10-13-2008, 04:24 PM

Look, I'm not saying that our team is playoff bound, but we do have a lot of positives to point to. I'm impatient too, and I'm still calling for Richard Smith's head and Kubiak to learn how to be a good head coach (he makes too many boneheaded mistakes). I still think the team lacks an identity.

But you don't get there overnight, and I have the feeling that Schaub is still very much in the midst of his "rookie" season. He lacks ONE mental tool: the ability to refrain from throwing the ball into traffic. He's trying to make plays, much the same way that Sage does (which is what people like about the guy), and we have to see if Schaub can attain the mental tool that helps him make better decisions about throwing the ball into coverage. But he has everything else, especially the OTHER mental tools that Carr lacked. I see him as a bright spot and you've GOT to give him a chance to learn and progress. Those fans calling for him to get pulled are just ignorant, plain and simple. They would probably have called for Elway or Peyton to get pulled too during seasons where they struggled.

I have faith that Schaub will get there. I WANT to have faith that Kubiak and those other guys will realize that the defense needs a better coach, and they'll mix it up this off season (if not sooner). I think we have a lot of the parts of a successful football team, and things CAN gel if we give them time. I'm willing to give them time. I honestly think we're a couple SMART, EXPERIENCED coaches away from success. And yes, I think we would greatly benefit from a change at head coach if Cowher was available because he brings intangibles that would make us nasty.

My problem is you get an improbable win, and you come here and there is A LOT of pissing and moaning, people seeing only faults with a win that frankly, I didn't believe was possible. The Texans surprised me and Schaub proved he can get it done in crunch time, even with the "fans" calling for his replacement. They deserve some props for this week. They're not perfect, but by golly, why do people go out of their way each week to point it out?

Mailman
10-13-2008, 04:52 PM
That is part of the frustration you see with certain fans that aren't all giddy with a record of 1-4.

Please dial down the tool factor. I don't recall anyone here claiming to be happy with a 1-4 record. If you have to resort to misrepresenting the TT optimists's position so that you can knock it down easily, you're clearly not addressing the actual arguments they've made.

spurstexanstros
10-13-2008, 05:22 PM
nah I am still happy......wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeah.... day keeps getting better and better........# 5 offense int the league Detroit and Cinci on the radar...Cowboys dropping like flies and their fans are scattered and jumping off the ship..... life is good...for now pour me some more koolaid............yeeeeeehaaaaaaa 10-6 here we come.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Please dial down the tool factor. I don't recall anyone here claiming to be happy with a 1-4 record. If you have to resort to misrepresenting the TT optimists's position so that you can knock it down easily, you're clearly not addressing the actual arguments they've made.

You haven't addressed any one point of mine, so why you're over here making insults and petty jabs like a child, try making an argument of your own. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then a football message board is not the right place for you.

ObsiWan
10-13-2008, 05:32 PM
You haven't addressed any one point of mine, so why you're over here making insults and petty jabs like a child, try making an argument of your own. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then a football message board is not the right place for you.

I went back and re-read your posts on this thread... the only "point" you made was that we were 7 secs from being 0-5.

show me more

Mailman
10-13-2008, 05:37 PM

Oh you busted me. You're right, I just can't handle disagreement.

Thank goodness we have the truthtellers like Texecutioner to BOLDLY tell us what we Texans fans are too stupid to see for ourselves.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I went back and re-read your posts on this thread... the only "point" you made was that we were 7 secs from being 0-5.

show me more

What are you disagreeing with Obi?

bigbrewster2000
10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
And what makes it ok for you to be a hypocrite in the sense that you are not addressing his point. Who on here is giddy about 1-4. NO ONE!! We are just happy we pulled out a win albiet an ugly one.

What is truely sad is that you come one here to breed negativity. You are far beyond stating opinion. And frankly you have been for awhile now.

Mailman
10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Texecutioner last week:

I'm glad that fans are upset and uneasy. At least it shows that people care and demand for success instead of being happy just to watch a team on Sunday. You play to win the game, not hang around. Real fans want to win.

Texecutioner this week:

While you may enjoy mediocraty (sic) and feel wonderful of season after season where the team doesn't make it to the post season that is fine. Don't expect others to lower their standards for low expectations and under achievements that your okay with.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 06:06 PM
And what makes it ok for you to be a hypocrite in the sense that you are not addressing his point. Who on here is giddy about 1-4. NO ONE!! We are just happy we pulled out a win albiet an ugly one.

What is truely sad is that you come one here to breed negativity. You are far beyond stating opinion. And frankly you have been for awhile now.

First off, you want to talk about being hypocritical and being sad, how about looking in the mirror? Lol!

How about the way you homers in here get your panties all wet any time someone disagrees with your unrealistic expectations that many of you guys have been jawing out since before the season. Someone disagrees and points out a few analytical deficiencies and all some of you guys can do is start criticizing other fans and insulting them and getting angry with them. I'm not the only one that feels this way, nor am I the only one that I see people like you spewing your little hate at simply because some of us don't exactly buy into this Kubiak regime and don't like the way things are going this year. The author of the thread started off on some rant bashing other fans simply because they weren't happy with the game. That is their right. It certainly isn't yours to distinguish what is the right way to feel about a game and what isn't. Get over yourself.

The only difference is myself and a few others don't start attacking you guys for homerish expectations. When we're upset or not satisfied with how the team plays, we question the coaches and management, we don't start attempting to have pissing matches with other fans and trying to call out their loyalties. I root for my team and support them despite the fact that I'm unhappy with how the season has gone. You nor anyone else will dictate what I or anyone else has to find acceptable or satisfying as a fan. However, it is pretty classless to attack fans of your own team simply because they don't live in your same little Homer's land and post a ton of opinions to your liking like some of the 12-4 and 10-6 stuff I have been hearing in here after just one win out of 5 games.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Texecutioner last week:

Texecutioner this week:

You, sir, are a joke of a fan.

You sir are pathetic fan that can only gargle your little insults to your own fans over the net. Go to a bar and find someone in person to chirp at instead of whining over the net because people disagree with you. I could care less who you are or what you think. You don't dictate how all fans are supposed to think and what kind of win or loss they are supposed to be happy with. Grow up and stop acting like a child because there are fans out there that don't find rainbows after a 1-4 start where we almost lost another one at home.

TEXANS84
10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Keep this thread on topic, otherwise it will be locked.

Remember we are on the same side here guys.

GP
10-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Texecutioner has a point: The boards tend to have a lot of homer'ish opinions, and they start labeling people as not being a true "fan" unless the post is supportive and parroting the views of certain people.

However, we also have some opinions that are so strongly worded...and I'm preaching to myself here...that it drives others crazy because this team isn't going to change overnight. Which, by the way, ticks off fans such as myself who have been patiently waiting for 6 or 7 years now. And we're still mediocre at best.

At the end of the day, nobody here is going to convert a person from one side of an issue to the other side. It has to be discovered on your own, which is the best way to learn (the concept of "self-discovery"). If you arrived at a thought on your own, you're more likely to defend your thought(s) and to support them.

I've been a fan of Houston pro sports since the Mike Scott, Warren Moon, Olajuwon/Sampson days. And I don't even live near Houston. What I have noticed is that Houston fans, and I'm among them, tend to get jittery when we're on the edge of getting over the top...we're skeptical to a flaw, unlike Cubs fans who ANNUALLY whole-heartedly believe that this is their year.

We're just a brooding, cynical clan of fans IMO. We've been taught to not believe it until we see it. Missouri is the "show me" state, but Houston is the "show me" city.

I'd like for us to slow down on banging on each other. We get enough cr@p from the opposing fans and the elitist Northeastern media.

Mailman
10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Texecutioner, you have zero credibility because your complaints are completely untethered from a balanced, realistic analysis of the current state of the Texans. It amazes me that you think you're offering insightful commentary we "homers" are too blind to comprehend. We all know the Texans are a mediocre team. You're not winning any Pulitzers with that groundbreaking news.

utahmark
10-13-2008, 06:25 PM
First off, you want to talk about being hypocritical and being sad, how about looking in the mirror? Lol!

How about the way you homers in here get your panties all wet any time someone disagrees with your unrealistic expectations that many of you guys have been jawing out since before the season. Someone disagrees and points out a few analytical deficiencies and all some of you guys can do is start criticizing other fans and insulting them and getting angry with them. I'm not the only one that feels this way, nor am I the only one that I see people like you spewing your little hate at simply because some of us don't exactly buy into this Kubiak regime and don't like the way things are going this year. The author of the thread started off on some rant bashing other fans simply because they weren't happy with the game. That is their right. It certainly isn't yours to distinguish what is the right way to feel about a game and what isn't. Get over yourself.

The only difference is myself and a few others don't start attacking you guys for homerish expectations. When we're upset or not satisfied with how the team plays, we question the coaches and management, we don't start attempting to have pissing matches with other fans and trying to call out their loyalties. I root for my team and support them despite the fact that I'm unhappy with how the season has gone. You nor anyone else will dictate what I or anyone else has to find acceptable or satisfying as a fan. However, it is pretty classless to attack fans of your own team simply because they don't live in your same little Homer's land and post a ton of opinions to your liking like some of the 12-4 and 10-6 stuff I have been hearing in here after just one win out of 5 games.

if you stop typing in bold it would help. i feel like im being yelled at. you feel your opinion is that much more important than everyone else's that you have to make it stand out?

Mailman
10-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Grow up and stop acting like a child because there are fans out there that don't find rainbows after a 1-4 start where we almost lost another one at home.

You'd think that someone who thinks so highly of his critical thinking skills would know better than to continually lower himself to arguments made of straw.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Texecutioner, you have zero credibility because our complaints are completely untethered from a balanced, realistic analysis of the current state of the Texans. The arrogance you display throughout these threads is undeserved and insulting. It amazes me that you think you're offering insightful commentary we "homers" are too blinded to comprehend. Are you so thick-headed as to believe your ability to critically analyze the game is a rare skill on this forum? We all know the Texans are a mediocre team. You're not winning any Pulitzers with that groundbreaking news.

Again, I could care less about your pathetic attempts to even make this a discussion. You haven't made one honest attempt at debating your disagreements here without malice. All you've done is acted like you're right and anyone who is against what YOU THINK, is what you called a "Pathetic fan", which is essence won't get you any respect in return from me. "Get what you give".

And talking about arrogant, you can't even respect the moderator of Texans84 telling you to knock it off just now with the petty insults and childish rhetoric. That is arrogance "MY FELLOW TEXAN FAN" .I haven't insulted anyone's opinions in here unless their opinions came at me first with insults, judgments, and a poor ability to make an argument without calling out other fan's loyalties just because you disagree. Again, "Get what you give". Just like I said before to you and the other poster, don't come to a football message board if you expect everyone to agree with you. I don't make my posts for popularity or so some guy named "Mailman", will like me. I post what my opinion is, and I never said that you had to like it or agree with it.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
You'd think that someone who thinks so highly of his critical thinking skills would know better than to continually lower himself to arguments made of straw.

Same ole yada yada from you. Lol! I love your tactic of coming here to fight instead of discuss the topic. Tough guy you are, especially over the internet.

3rd and Inches
10-13-2008, 06:37 PM
You sir are pathetic fan that can only gargle your little insults to your own fans over the net. Go to a bar and find someone in person to chirp at instead of whining over the net because people disagree with you. I could care less who you are or what you think. You don't dictate how all fans are supposed to think and what kind of win or loss they are supposed to be happy with. Grow up and stop acting like a child because there are fans out there that don't find rainbows after a 1-4 start where we almost lost another one at home. :rofl:

I personally agree with Texecutioner. Just because some of us aren't happy with certain players, coaches and calls doesn't mean that we are poor fans. It means that we are fans that want the best for our team and aren't happy with barely getting a win. We want our team to be cohesive and confident. Just because someone makes an analysis after a win doesn't make them any less of a fan than someone who does the same thing after a loss. My loyalty runs true and deep. I just don't agree with a certain starter and coaches calls. So, Amen Texecutioner my bro. I think you've hit the nail on the head. :thumbup:

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 06:38 PM
if you stop typing in bold it would help. i feel like im being yelled at. you feel your opinion is that much more important than everyone else's that you have to make it stand out?

This again? Lol! The bold isn't going to change. It isn't against any rules. Check the website. If you don't want to read the posts because they are in bold then put it on ignore. It's that simple. Luv Ya Blue posts in all blue, while there is another poster that uses colors as well. I like seeing the different fonts, while you may not. It's a matter of preference. No yelled at you, and if you thought I ever did you could have PM'd me and asked why, but I never did. Nice try though.

ObsiWan
10-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Texecutioner has a point: The boards tend to have a lot of homer'ish opinions, and they start labeling people as not being a true "fan" unless the post is supportive and parroting the views of certain people.

However, we also have some opinions that are so strongly worded...and I'm preaching to myself here...that it drives others crazy because this team isn't going to change overnight. Which, by the way, ticks off fans such as myself who have been patiently waiting for 6 or 7 years now. And we're still mediocre at best.

At the end of the day, nobody here is going to convert a person from one side of an issue to the other side. It has to be discovered on your own, which is the best way to learn (the concept of "self-discovery"). If you arrived at a thought on your own, you're more likely to defend your thought(s) and to support them.

I've been a fan of Houston pro sports since the Mike Scott, Warren Moon, Olajuwon/Sampson days. And I don't even live near Houston. What I have noticed is that Houston fans, and I'm among them, tend to get jittery when we're on the edge of getting over the top...we're skeptical to a flaw, unlike Cubs fans who ANNUALLY whole-heartedly believe that this is their year.

We're just a brooding, cynical clan of fans IMO. We've been taught to not believe it until we see it. Missouri is the "show me" state, but Houston is the "show me" city.

I'd like for us to slow down on banging on each other. We get enough cr@p from the opposing fans and the elitist Northeastern media.

:goodpost:

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 06:45 PM
:rofl:

I personally agree with Texecutioner. Just because some of us aren't happy with certain players, coaches and calls doesn't mean that we are poor fans. It means that we are fans that want the best for our team and aren't happy with barely getting a win. We want our team to be cohesive and confident. Just because someone makes an analysis after a win doesn't make them any less of a fan than someone who does the same thing after a loss. My loyalty runs true and deep. I just don't agree with a certain starter and coaches calls. So, Amen Texecutioner my bro. I think you've hit the nail on the head. :thumbup:

Appreciate it my man! Isn't it funny how some of these homers in here act like they are the authority on who is a "True fan", and who isn't. Lol!

Then they base all of this on who they personally agree with or who they don't disagree with.

And on top of that being the alleged true fans that they are, they are the ones that continoully break the rules by bashing other posters and telling them what they are supposed to think and feel after a 1-4 start. Lol!

Porky
10-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Come on folks. Can't we all have differing opinions without breaking out the insults? Remember, we are all trying to pull the sled one way. Maybe I would pull it one way, and you might pull it another, but in the end we are all trying to get to the same place - the Holy Grail of sportsdom, which is the Vince Lombardi trophy.

The bottom line is let's all post our opinions, try to respectfully disagree or at least throw out a little humor if you have to make a pointed comment, but please let's stop with all the direct insults and who is a good fan and who isn't. As far as I am concerned, if you are still on this board after this many years, that alone qualifies you as a good fan.

Mailman
10-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Same ole yada yada from you. Lol! I love your tactic of coming here to fight instead of discuss the topic. Tough guy you are, especially over the internet.

Try being consistent and logical for once and you might generate actual discussion. I pointed out your hypocrisy using your own words.

When the Texans played great and lost because of a bone-headed play by Rosenfels, you wanted no part in any discussion of The Things That Went Right. Your argument was predicable--this is a bottom-line league and the only thing that matters is winning!! Real fans just want to win!! (Another straw man, by the way).

Now, one day after actually winning a game the Texans should have lost, you refuse to acknowledge a very important point--the unquantifiable value of experiencing a clutch, come-from-behind win. Yes, the Texans played a very poor game in many facets yesterday, but they were able to overcome those mistakes and win.

Last week you only cared about the result, but this week you only care about how it came about. This tells me you care more about grinding your KubiAx than offering sound analysis.

Texan_Bill
10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm a true fan. But I learned a lesson from Happy Gilmore (and my doctor). Sometimes you have to make time to go to your 'happy place':

http://www.dorup.dk/Files/JulieBowen.jpg

Porky
10-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Do we have to break out Bob Ross' happy clouds again guys? Cause I'm warning you, one more outbreak, and he's coming. :pirate:

Fox
10-13-2008, 06:57 PM
We take the Jags to OT and lose on a coin flip and then Sage puts together the perfect catastrophe to give away the Colts game but it seems some refuse to acknowledge our team played fairly well in those games. The logic seems to be W or bust, either you win or it was a complete failure. No win, no positives.

On the flip side we play an up and coming Miami team down to the wire and this time the ball bounces our way and we get a W. Based on how those mentioned above viewed the above circumstance, ie. a loss is a complete failure regardless of what happened in between, a win should mean everyone's happy right? Wrong, it appears there is a double standard. Lose, and you can piss and moan to your heart's content. Win, and you can piss and moan anyways about how they almost lost.

Then there's my logic. Watched an exciting game and saw my team win with an improbable 1 minute drill with an amazing catch by AJ, capped by a sudden death TD scamper by Schaub. Mario continues his pro-bowl play, AJ has a career day, and Slaton continues to boost a once lifeless running game. I don't care that we "almost lost" because most games between competitive teams usually come down to a handful of plays. Those of you who've watched a decent amount of football over the years are probably aware that it's not unusual for the winning team to "almost lose" in the NFL. Mark me down as happy this week.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM

Great post GP! I totally agree with what you're saying. It's a shame that fans of the same team have to bicker and bash each other. I personally have a great time at games with other fans and can discuss different views in person and most fans act civil when they disagree in person, but when many people get on the net, they think they're tough and don't realize that their insults only take away from their points.

I've been rooting for my teams in Houston since I was a kid with the Stros to my Rockets of the Rodney McCray/Lucas/Sampson/Peterson days to my Oilers of the old with the Luv ya Blue with Childress/McDowell/Dishman. I find it pretty stupid how fans from the same team like to attack others just because they have different expectations or results that are acceptable and what not. I've bled my blue and red for the Texans year after year since the beginning, and I wouldn't be posting here and displaying my frustrations if I weren't a DIE HARD FAN!

Porky
10-13-2008, 06:59 PM
We take the Jags to OT and lose on a coin flip and then Sage puts together the perfect catastrophe to give away the Colts game but it seems some refuse to acknowledge our team played fairly well in those games. The logic seems to be W or bust, either you win or it was a complete failure. No win, no positives.

On the flip side we play an up and coming Miami team down to the wire and this time the ball bounces our way and we get a W. Based on how those mentioned above viewed the above circumstance, ie. a loss is a complete failure regardless of what happened in between, a win should mean everyone's happy right? Wrong, it appears there is a double standard. Lose, and you can piss and moan to your heart's content. Win, and you can piss and moan anyways about how they almost lost.

Then there's my logic. Watched an exciting game and saw my team win with an improbable 1 minute drill with an amazing catch by AJ, capped by a sudden death TD scamper by Schaub. I don't care that we "almost lost" because most games between competitive teams usually come down to a handful of plays. Those of you who've watched a decent amount of football over the years are probably aware that it's not unusual for the winning team to "almost lose" in the NFL. Mark me down as happy this week.

Did I hear Bingo? Because we have a winner!:)

ObsiWan
10-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Do we have to break out Bob Ross' happy clouds again guys? Cause I'm warning you, one more outbreak, and he's coming. :pirate:

..."the Bob Ross' happy clouds"...??
dare I ask....
:thinking:

Mailman
10-13-2008, 07:06 PM
The world was a better place before the copyright nazis had their way with the Bob Ross clips on Youtube.

Texecutioner
10-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Try being consistent and logical for once and you might generate actual discussion. I pointed out your hypocrisy using your own words.

When the Texans played great and lost because of a bone-headed play by Rosenfels, you wanted no part in any discussion of The Things That Went Right. Your argument was predicable--this is a bottom-line league and the only thing that matters is winning!! Real fans just want to win!! (Another straw man, by the way).

Now, one day after actually winning a game the Texans should have lost, you refuse to acknowledge a very important point--the unquantifiable value of experiencing a clutch, come-from-behind win. Yes, the Texans played a very poor game in many facets yesterday, but they were able to overcome those mistakes and win.

Last week you only cared about the result, but this week you only care about how it came about. This tells me you care more about grinding your KubiAx than offering sound analysis.

You just can't stop can you?

Yes, the win is what counts. No doubt about that. I'm glad we got one, but I'm no dummy into thinking that just because we barely got out of there with one that it was a very impressive one. If we were a team that has been winning for a few years or a team that was 3-1 going into this game and still got a win, then I'd view it as more of a game where we played bad and made a few mistakes and still found a way to win, and I'd feel good about it. However, being that I've seen mistake after mistake from Kubes and this awful defensive coordinator who's defense gave up over 25 points again, I don't feel comfort in a win like that. Sorry, but do you want me to lie and ACT for you? Sorry, but that just isn't my style. I'll post and write what I evaluate, not what you want me to say.

Had we been talking about a team like the Colts who have been winning year after year and being convinced that the team knows how to win with a long proven track record of sound football and creative coaching, then I could feel a lot better about a win like that and I might be all smiles like you. But when it is with a team that has struggled over and over year after year and is under a coaching staff that many other than myself believe is screwing up a lot, then I simply can't act like we're all of a sudden on the right track of turning this thing around just because I'm a fan and I want to believe that. That just isn't being realistic in my opinion. Maybe it is for you, but not everyone. So hopefully you can accept that. Regardless, I'll be rooting for the Texans whether you like it or not and I'll be doing it my way and until I do find comfort and a ton of confidence in this regime or the direction that we're headed in I'll voice my opinions. :)

Silver Oak
10-13-2008, 07:55 PM
wow...7 pages of debate...after a win.

in-freaking-credible.

The Pencil Neck
10-13-2008, 08:19 PM

I actually have him on my ignore list because I couldn't take all the yelling.

Hardcore Texan
10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Pretty funny, whoever changed the title of the thread.

Giant Tiger
10-13-2008, 09:34 PM

Then there's my logic. Watched an exciting game and saw my team win with an improbable 1 minute drill with an amazing catch by AJ, capped by a sudden death TD scamper by Schaub. Mario continues his pro-bowl play, AJ has a career day, and Slaton continues to boost a once lifeless running game. I don't care that we "almost lost" because most games between competitive teams usually come down to a handful of plays. Those of you who've watched a decent amount of football over the years are probably aware that it's not unusual for the winning team to "almost lose" in the NFL. Mark me down as happy this week.

:goodpost: :wow:

Porky
10-13-2008, 09:38 PM
You just can't stop can you?

Yes, the win is what counts. No doubt about that. I'm glad we got one, but I'm no dummy into thinking that just because we barely got out of there with one that it was a very impressive one. If we were a team that has been winning for a few years or a team that was 3-1 going into this game and still got a win, then I'd view it as more of a game where we played bad and made a few mistakes and still found a way to win, and I'd feel good about it. However, being that I've seen mistake after mistake from Kubes and this awful defensive coordinator who's defense gave up over 25 points again, I don't feel comfort in a win like that. Sorry, but do you want me to lie and ACT for you? Sorry, but that just isn't my style. I'll post and write what I evaluate, not what you want me to say.

Had we been talking about a team like the Colts who have been winning year after year and being convinced that the team knows how to win with a long proven track record of sound football and creative coaching, then I could feel a lot better about a win like that and I might be all smiles like you. But when it is with a team that has struggled over and over year after year and is under a coaching staff that many other than myself believe is screwing up a lot, then I simply can't act like we're all of a sudden on the right track of turning this thing around just because I'm a fan and I want to believe that. That just isn't being realistic in my opinion. Maybe it is for you, but not everyone. So hopefully you can accept that. Regardless, I'll be rooting for the Texans whether you like it or not and I'll be doing it my way and until I do find comfort and a ton of confidence in this regime or the direction that we're headed in I'll voice my opinions. :)

So now the Fins are the little sisters of the poor? You do realize that the Dolphins just beat up New England and San Diego back to back don't you? Hey, I'm no Kool-aid drinker either. I don't think many can't see there are some problems remaining - time management, ball security, defense, etc. But by the same token, can't we enjoy an incredible come back win without you screaming in bold print and pointing out the obvious? Did the Giants play a perfect game against the Pats in the SB? Obviously not, but they did enough to win. And in the final analysis, that's all that really matters.

3rd and Inches
10-13-2008, 09:55 PM

Ehhh.. he's not yelling nor trying to stand out, Texecutioner has always typed his posts in bold. I don't see how it's yelling, it's not in CAPS.

Texan Asylum
10-13-2008, 10:02 PM

Time to get medieval!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/TexanAsylum333/Bob-Ross-Obey-1-1.jpg

Honoring Earl 34
10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm posting this as a public service announcement , well going by the title at least .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y83UJpJUO4w

Hookem Horns
10-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Ehhh.. he's not yelling nor trying to stand out, Texecutioner has always typed his posts in bold. I don't see how it's yelling, it's not in CAPS.

The only problem I have with bold fonts is I can't read it if it is more than 2 sentences. Maybe its my eyesight but the words just start running together.

Hardcore Texan
10-13-2008, 10:12 PM
The only problem I have with bold fonts is I can't read it if it is more than 2 sentences. Maybe its my eyesight but the words just start running together.

BTW Texecutioner, can I ask why you are using bold fonts when you post?

That's exactly what it does to me.

Mailman
10-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Me three. It's very distracting.

Kaiser Toro
10-13-2008, 10:26 PM
I do not read his posts, because of the bolded text. Seemingly he has something to contribute due to the frequency of the rebuttals, but it strains my eyes.

Just throwing in my two Ameros.

Hookem Horns
10-13-2008, 10:26 PM
That's exactly what it does to me.

Well I just scrolled back and read Texecutioners response about the bold font. If you don't like the bold or can't read it he says to put him on ignore. OK ... I guess.

If I misunderstood that I guess someone else can let me know.

BTW, I had a hard time with LYB's posts too. I hated quoting him because of his blue fonts.

IlliniJen
10-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Well I just scrolled back and read Texecutioners response about the bold font. If you don't like the bold or can't read it he says to put him on ignore. OK ... I guess.

If I misunderstood that I guess someone else can let me know.

BTW, I had a hard time with LYB's posts too. I hated quoting him because of his blue fonts.

The beauty of it is you can edit out the |b| upon quoting. Makes it easier to read at that point. Bold should be used for emphasis. Ooooor, you could read his posts out loud, emphasizing every word for over-dramatic effect and have yourself a good laugh. ACTING!

TexansLucky13
10-13-2008, 10:46 PM

Yep, I hated that. I don't really have a problem with the bold compared to that.

Hookem Horns
10-13-2008, 10:47 PM
The beauty of it is you can edit out the |b| upon quoting.

True, but it's a pain. I always had to do that when quoting LYB, eliminating his blue fonts.

feebleminded
10-13-2008, 10:55 PM
The beauty of it is you can edit out the |b| upon quoting. Makes it easier to read at that point. Bold should be used for emphasis. Ooooor, you could read his posts out loud, emphasizing every word for over-dramatic effect and have yourself a good laugh. ACTING!

I will never be able to read another of those posts without thinking about this:

http://media.pegasusnews.com/img/photos/2008/06/11/Jon-Lovitz-ACTING_t250.jpg

TexansSeminole
10-13-2008, 11:41 PM
LOL at how the title to this thread was changed.

Nice work. I don't even want to know which of you it was, but nice work.

TexansLucky13
10-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't mean to be a Bob Bummer here, but if we are at the point of making this another "Pee Pee" thread, you may as well lock it.

:twocents:

Texan JBZ
10-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Pretty funny, whoever changed the title of the thread.

Yeah, that stinks! :foottap:

Goldensilence
10-14-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't mean to be a Bob Bummer here, but if we are at the point of making this another "Pee Pee" thread, you may as well lock it.

:twocents:

I thought you were going to say direct it towards Mr. Young. :hobie:

HJam72
10-14-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm very sorry. I really didn't want to have anything to do with your pee-pee.