PDA

View Full Version : 2800 Mile Texans Journey

stingray
10-10-2008, 12:43 AM
I wasn't supposed to go all four games, just two. But it turned that I will go to all four games in a row. I went to the colts game with some co-workers and will go to the rest with family. I live 350 miles from Houston. That's a 700 mile round trip. I'm not complaining because I actually enjoy the trips. I actually have a blast. They are just really exhausting.

Malloy
10-10-2008, 04:34 AM
Thats dedication. I would fly over but those $1k return flights would ruin me :)

Silver Oak
10-10-2008, 08:38 AM
thumbs up for the dedication stingray!

and I ***** about the drive in from The Woodlands!

Wolfiegrrl
10-10-2008, 09:20 AM
I hear you Stingray. If it weren't 2800 miles one way and $600 out of my pocket, I'd be at every game myself. I have to settle for $300 worth of DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket with SuperFan.

Blake
10-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Rep!

imatexan
10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Ya not quite as far, but I do drive from San Marcos every week.

Borowicz50
10-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I made it to my first NFL game ever last week to watch the Texans. I'm a college student (obviously broke all the time), but I managed to get my season tickets this year. Its a 800 (there & back) mile trip for me each time but I will be there at every single game. Some people may have given up hope on this team but I was there for 2-14 & I will be there the day we turn the corner & taste 14-2.

Slaton, Ryans, Williams & the rest of the youth on this team shows more than just promise. We have had a rough road but I still believe that we can string together a good number of wins before this season is done. The Titans are good & may have already run away with our division but a playoff spot is still within reach considering the Colts, Jags, Chargers, & Jets have started off pretty dismal & yet they all go through a rough spot in their schedules like we did early on.

valleytexfan
10-10-2008, 05:23 PM
awesome, Ray. I look to be up there next weekend for the first time...TedC, we're coming to the tailgate!!!!:whip:

stingray
10-10-2008, 05:37 PM
I made it to my first NFL game ever last week to watch the Texans. I'm a college student (obviously broke all the time), but I managed to get my season tickets this year. Its a 800 (there & back) mile trip for me each time but I will be there at every single game. Some people may have given up hope on this team but I was there for 2-14 & I will be there the day we turn the corner & taste 14-2.

Slaton, Ryans, Williams & the rest of the youth on this team shows more than just promise. We have had a rough road but I still believe that we can string together a good number of wins before this season is done. The Titans are good & may have already run away with our division but a playoff spot is still within reach considering the Colts, Jags, Chargers, & Jets have started off pretty dismal & yet they all go through a rough spot in their schedules like we did early on.

Cool. I'm with you, the team looks like it will improve.

NBT
10-10-2008, 06:04 PM
We, the Houston fans, sincerely appreciate the support you folks are showing to the Texans.