PDA

View Full Version : Pacman in a fight (PFT)

Silver Oak
10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
TURD ALERT!

REPORT: PACMAN GETS IN A FIGHT
Posted by Mike Florio on October 8, 2008, 7:36 p.m. EDT
For those of you who had October 7 as the date on which cornerback Pacman Jones gets into trouble, it’s time to collect your prize.

According to CBS 11 in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Jones got into a fight with a bodyguard on Tuesday night at an upscale Dallas hotel.

The team isn’t commenting on the situation.

Per the report, it was a “violent confrontation” in a bathroom. Patrons could clearly hear that a fight was occurring, and at least one mirror in the bathroom was broken. Jones reportedly left the hotel without paying his bar tab.

Ironically, Commissioner Roger Goodell met with the Cowboys on Wednesday. Goodell had this to say regarding Pacman:

“Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL. So far he seems to have been able to do that very effectively. I am supportive of him and am hopeful that he will be able to do that for the rest of his life. I am hoping he will not only be a great NFL player but he will continue to do the right things so he can lead a productive life off the field as well.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/08/report-pacman-gets-in-a-fight/

Spled
10-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Pac was probably getting thumped in that bathroom. A bodyguard is not like assaulting a woman like he's done in the past.

ESAD2-14
10-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Was this one of his assigned baby sitters or some other body guard for someone else? If it's a Jerra's Convict Club chaperon then there is a good chance we won't be hearing to much about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtEMKwSDTS4hBXSxrvPL2GdDubYF?slug=ap-cowboys-pacmanfight&prov=ap&type=lgns

Hopefully the link works, it's only 3/4 of a mile long. Says it was one of Jerra's boys. Grabbed it off of Yahoo sports.

Htownsportsfan
10-08-2008, 11:40 PM
No joke I just cant beleive anybody can be as thick headed and dumb as Pacman Jones. He has had so many chances and he is in an ideal spot with the Cowboys and is going to screw it up! Man he is talented but he must have the IQ of a 6 year old!

In my opinion its no longer when he flames out but when!

Tedc
10-09-2008, 07:10 AM
I just want to know....why does Pac Man need a bodyguard to use the restroom? Men don't intentionally use the bathroom at the same time (like ladies) do they?

Maybe they do things differently in Dullass.

HoustonFrog
10-09-2008, 07:53 AM
They are saying he walked a tab. Jerry's bodyguard probably told him to pay up. Being a Boys fan, if this pans out, cut him now. But from what I've read there isn't much to this. The guy is a dumb@ss even being out in public that late and all.

GlassHalfFull
10-09-2008, 08:22 AM
No joke I just cant beleive anybody can be as thick headed and dumb as Pacman Jones. He has had so many chances and he is in an ideal spot with the Cowboys and is going to screw it up! Man he is talented but he must have the IQ of a 6 year old!

In my opinion its no longer when he flames out but when!

Hey now, no point in insulting 6 year olds. They can have very high IQ's. It is their survival skills that can be lacking. Now, if you had said the common sense of a two year old, I might be agreeing with you.

Texan_Bill
10-09-2008, 08:43 AM
I just want to know....why does Pac Man need a bodyguard to use the restroom? Men don't intentionally use the bathroom at the same time (like ladies) do they?

:thinking: Jeckyll and Hyde go at the same time....

We'll see how this turns out but the meltdown could be on... I wonder if the Commish will be extremely peeved seeing how he was just there in D, and making those comments about P. Jones.

Htownsportsfan
10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Hey now, no point in insulting 6 year olds. They can have very high IQ's. It is their survival skills that can be lacking. Now, if you had said the common sense of a two year old, I might be agreeing with you.

I stand corrected and apologize to any 6 years old that might have been affected by my thoughtless comments!:laughjump::laughjump::laughjump:

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2008, 09:51 AM
This party Putzman attended was thrown by the upstanding citizen rapper (who routinely glorifies criminal conduct) Ludacris........should I say more??? You are usually who you associate with. Both will usually be found within a round bathroom floor fixture. This would also shed light on why Putzman is so comfortable within the confines of the Girls present stadium configuration.

Mr teX
10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
This party Putzman attended was thrown by the upstanding citizen rapper (who routinely glorifies criminal conduct) Ludacris........should I say more??? You are usually who you associate with. Both will usually be found within a round bathroom floor fixture. This would also shed light on why Putzman is so comfortable within the confines of the Girls present stadium configuration.

Ludacris has absolutely nothing to do with why pacman is a thug......Rapping is an art form much like acting, which by your rationale i guess DeNiro would be considered "glorifying criminal behavior" every time he stars in a movie where he plays a mobster. rapping about it & actually going out & doing it are 2 different things..... Bill O'reilly.

nunusguy
10-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Rapping is an art form much like acting
I say lets go back to real art form, like R&B or even Jazz. As far as I'm concerned, R&B is one of the African-Americans greatest contribution and really a gift to 20th century American music and art form.
I say lets dump crappy-rappy ! Let the hoods have it and lets move on.
BTW, I would love to know what soon to be President Obamas thoughts are about Rap ?

Hooston Texan
10-09-2008, 10:23 AM
If Pac-Man screws up again, I hope Goodell HAMMERS the Cowboys. The Cowboys were able acquire PM for a song (Tank Johnson, too) because Goodell made it clear that teams that acquire known miscreants do so at the risk of losing draft picks if said miscreants continue to sully the league's reputation. So Goodell's professed "get tough on conduct" policy has the effect of rewarding teams that are willing to risk a player getting in trouble. Like Dallas.

If PM or Tank get in trouble again, then will Goodell have the cajones to follow through on his word by looking Jerrah in the eye and stripping a high pick? If he blinks, then his conduct policy becomes a joke.

HOU-TEX
10-09-2008, 10:30 AM

Maybe the bodyguard wanted to use pacman in the bathroom. :thinking:

They are saying he walked a tab. Jerry's bodyguard probably told him to pay up. Being a Boys fan, if this pans out, cut him now. But from what I've read there isn't much to this. The guy is a dumb@ss even being out in public that late and all.

I've said from the beginning (I'll take a ribbon please, lol) that Goodell was making a huge mistake letting this asshat back in the NFL. Whether he is innocent this time or not, he's already proven that he's a waste of space.

Hell, we should be pissed he is using our oxygen.

HoustonFrog
10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
If Pac-Man screws up again, I hope Goodell HAMMERS the Cowboys. The Cowboys were able acquire PM for a song (Tank Johnson, too) because Goodell made it clear that teams that acquire known miscreants do so at the risk of losing draft picks if said miscreants continue to sully the league's reputation. So Goodell's professed "get tough on conduct" policy has the effect of rewarding teams that are willing to risk a player getting in trouble. Like Dallas.

If PM or Tank get in trouble again, then will Goodell have the cajones to follow through on his word by looking Jerrah in the eye and stripping a high pick? If he blinks, then his conduct policy becomes a joke.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that isn't an NFL policy. That is why teams like Dallas try it. They give up a low pick in the trade and have incentive based contracts. There is nothing that says they will lose a pick, except ones in the deal. That is just talk that was thrown around, not policy. The Cowboys have done everything but lock him in a room.

Tedc
10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Ludacris has absolutely nothing to do with why pacman is a thug......Rapping is an art form much like acting, which by your rationale i guess DeNiro would be considered "glorifying criminal behavior" every time he stars in a movie where he plays a mobster. rapping about it & actually going out & doing it are 2 different things..... Bill O'reilly.

Diniro was glorifying the criminal behavior in his films. You never saw him doing so on the streets of NY on a daily basis.

How many times have actors in a mob movie gone out and killed each other because of competing mob movies?

Conversely, how many times have rap stars been killed by other rap artist?

You can say it ain"t so but that would be like saying the Cowboys players NEVER get into trouble and have a upstanding history.

Mr teX
10-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I say lets go back to real art form, like R&B or even Jazz. As far as I'm concerned, R&B is one of the African-Americans greatest contribution and really a gift to 20th century American music and art form.
I say lets dump crappy-rappy ! Let the hoods have it and lets move on.
BTW, I would love to know what soon to be President Obamas thoughts are about Rap ?

Eh, i agree with you to a certain extent, the bubblegum raps complete with dances can go, but all others can stay. The reason i say this b/c Rap music was born from the streets so you're never going to eliminate that element of it period. The #2 reason is b/c not all rap music is just "hot booty raps & gun play" to quote one of my favorite artists.

WWJD
10-09-2008, 10:46 AM
He's not very smart obviously. This was his last chance to straighten up.
He's been their best corner by far this year too.

HoustonFrog
10-09-2008, 10:49 AM
He's not very smart obviously. This was his last chance to straighten up.
He's been their best corner by far this year too.

WWJD, that is my take on it. I think this might be an overblown incident but it shows one thing.....he is not smart at all.

Mr teX
10-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Diniro was glorifying the criminal behavior in his films. You never saw him doing so on the streets of NY on a daily basis.

How many times have actors in a mob movie gone out and killed each other because of competing mob movies?

Conversely, how many times have rap stars been killed by other rap artist?

You can say it ain"t so but that would be like saying the Cowboys players NEVER get into trouble and have a upstanding history.

1st of all, to answer your bolded, none that i know of..when a rapper is killed it's usually not another artist who's been fingered as the killer, it's someone else.

2nd, we're not talking about all rappers here, we're talking about the one he mentioned. Ludacris, since making it as a rapper, has done nothing in the way of breaking the law to warrant being lumped in the same sentence with pacman & his thuggish tendencies.

& since we're talking about the cowboys, is it fair to lump Troy Aikman & Emmitt Smith in with the likes of Micheal Irving, Leon Lett & Nate Newton when talking about trouble-ridden cowboys players? I don't think so.

StarStruck
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I didn't have a problem with Jerry giving PacMan a second chance because I believe that people can and and some do change. I gave PacMan the same benefit of the doubt. However, if it pans out that he continues to act on his emotions and not honor the terms of his contract or commitment to change his behavior, then see ya! and let's move forward.

Also, someone can have an IQ of 130 and still be a criminal (hint hint) or behave in ways described in the DSM IV.

Tedc
10-09-2008, 10:57 AM
& since we're talking about the cowboys, is it fair to lump Troy Aikman & Emmitt Smith in with the likes of Micheal Irving, Leon Lett & Nate Newton when talking about trouble-ridden cowboys players? I don't think so.

Yes. If you name all the players above to anyone on the street and ask them what they have in common thye would tell you they are Cowboys. The reputation follows wherever it is started and some people will be lumped unfairly but the history remains. Same for rap.

WWJD
10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
WWJD, that is my take on it. I think this might be an overblown incident but it shows one thing.....he is not smart at all.

Jerry gave him a chance. If he messed up it's on PacMan and not Jerry...the man is grown and makes his own choices.

Cut him, suspend him..whatever happens it's his fault.

Mr teX
10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Yes. If you name all the players above to anyone on the street and ask them what they have in common thye would tell you they are Cowboys. The reputation follows wherever it is started and some people will be lumped unfairly but the history remains. Same for rap.

that's all i care about right there, which was what my initial point was trying to make

But imo, Reputations are mutally exclusive to each person unless you've already shown something that might undermine what your rep might be. Plus I highly doubt drugs, loose women & the like are the 1st thing people think of when they see or meet Troy or emmitt....that is if they are being fair & unbiased.

Specnatz
10-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but that isn't an NFL policy. That is why teams like Dallas try it. They give up a low pick in the trade and have incentive based contracts. There is nothing that says they will lose a pick, except ones in the deal. That is just talk that was thrown around, not policy. The Cowboys have done everything but lock him in a room.

When Goodell started this player conduct policy he said if teams continue to give certain type of players repeated chances then he would have to take action against the teams and the owners. Of course he has yet to do that with the Bengals, so you damn well can bet he will not do this with the Jones' girlsteam.

Texecutioner
10-09-2008, 12:40 PM
There might not have been any arrests here, but but Pac Man still disturbed the peace in a public place having a violent fist fight with a guy who was hired to watch over him. WTF!? How does this pathetic animal end up getting into a fight with his hired security of the team?

He should be suspended for at least a season. An incident like this is pathetic and once again is a slap in the face to Tommy Urbanski who is sitting in a wheel chair over Pac Man's daily trail of violence and scum activity. Pac Man got off, and now look, more violence in another public place. He belongs in a cage and some shock treatment to his brain would be appropriate at this point. :deadhorse

bah007
10-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Unless he is charged with something, there should be no ground for any suspension over a couple of games (4 sounds about right).

ESAD2-14
10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I didn't have a problem with Jerry giving PacMan a second chance because I believe that people can and and some do change. I gave PacMan the same benefit of the doubt. However, if it pans out that he continues to act on his emotions and not honor the terms of his contract or commitment to change his behavior, then see ya! and let's move forward.

Also, someone can have an IQ of 130 and still be a criminal (hint hint) or behave in ways described in the DSM IV.

Perhaps that should read seventh or eight? I think there in lies the animocity towards Pac by so many. It's not like he just screwed up once. With him it's habitual, and his cavalier attitude towards the situation (scripted statments aside) is why he is nothing more then a highly paid low-life.

Texecutioner
10-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Unless he is charged with something, there should be no ground for any suspension over a couple of games (4 sounds about right).

I disagree Bah. Not when you have the kind if history that this guy does. He got into some kind of fight with his own security for god sakes. He is an animal that doesn't deserve to play in the NFL period. You don't see other players constantly finding themselves in these situations as much as Pac Man does. Yeah Chris Henry and a few others are consistent, but not to his level and he's already been responsible for Tommy Urbanski being in a wheel chair and if you read any of the transcripts involving that case, you'd see that Pac Man told some HUGE lies that were so obviously BS and somehow he slipped away from that. Now another violent ordeal in another public place.

bah007
10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I know that Jones is the pretty much the scum of the earth. I am with you on the Urbanski case.

But you cannont make a separate set of rules for him. Unless he is charged with a crime, I don't think there is any ground for a suspension over four games.

If he is charged with something, do whatever. Boot him out of the league if that is what Goodell wants to do.

Texecutioner
10-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I know that Jones is the pretty much the scum of the earth. I am with you on the Urbanski case.

But you cannont make a separate set of rules for him. Unless he is charged with a crime, I don't think there is any ground for a suspension over four games.

If he is charged with something, do whatever. Boot him out of the league if that is what Goodell wants to do.

I think that you can and there shouldn't be any argument that you can't when in society we have PROBATION and PAROLE for people that have constantly been in and out of trouble. It's not even that Pac Man is getting into trouble here and there, it's always violence of some sort with women, bouncers, and now his own private security. This guy has obviously never accepted any sort of security authority anywhere. When people screw up in society and our given second chances they get probation, well I don't see why a player like Pac Man can't be on a probation where if he violates he is gone. It may not have been an arrest, but another physical altercation in a public business is a violation of the same types of trouble he has caused in the past.

Ole Miss Texan
10-09-2008, 01:56 PM
He got in trouble again!!??? Man I never saw that coming.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2008, 02:03 PM

You're absolutely correct, Ludacris has nothing to do with why Putzman is a thug.............just like that bottle of wine has nothing to do with someone being an alcoholic. I would doubt that, on a personal level, most socially concerned people would choose to associate with Ludacris over someone like De Niero. Your other reasoning is so out there, I'll leave responses to those that have the patience to deal with them.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2008, 02:09 PM
He got in trouble again!!??? Man I never saw that coming.

Here, let me help you out::D

http://www.folksonline.com/folks/images/lm/1998/vision1.gif

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2008, 02:13 PM
I think that you can and there shouldn't be any argument that you can't when in society we have PROBATION and PAROLE for people that have constantly been in and out of trouble. It's not even that Pac Man is getting into trouble here and there, it's always violence of some sort with women, bouncers, and now his own private security. This guy has obviously never accepted any sort of security authority anywhere. When people screw up in society and our given second chances they get probation, well I don't see why a player like Pac Man can't be on a probation where if he violates he is gone. It may not have been an arrest, but another physical altercation in a public business is a violation of the same types of trouble he has caused in the past.

I would dare say that Gooddell has set up more stringent rules for Putzman to follow than the rules that have already gotten him to this point.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2008, 02:21 PM
ANOTHER BIG SURPISE.............[From PFT] (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/):sarcasm:

REPORT: COWBOYS WON’T DISCIPLINE PACMAN

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2008, 1:51 p.m.

If Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones is going to be fined or suspended for his alleged altercation with a bodyguard, the discipline will apparently have to come from the league.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that the Cowboys will not discipline Jones.

Citing an unnamed “high-ranking team official,” Mortensen reports that the Cowboys conducted an internal investigation and concluded that Jones did not violate his contract or his agreement with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about how he’ll conduct himself. Mortensen also reports that Jerry Jones thinks the incident has been overblown.

That would seem to contradict what ESPN’s Ed Werder said on ESPN Radio this morning; Werder described Jerry Jones as “furious.” It would also seem to be an awfully quick internal investigation.

Mortensen does report, however, that the team’s investigation concluded that Jones did get into a “brief scuffle” with the bodyguard, who is an off-duty police officer assigned to Jones by the team. So apparently there’s nothing in Pacman’s agreement with Jerry that says he’s not allowed to have “brief scuffles” with cops.

None of this means that the NFL won’t discipline Pacman, who is on thin ice with Commissioner Roger Goodell. But as far as the Cowboys are concerned, there’s nothing to see here.

Second Honeymoon
10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
if dude walked on a tab, he should get a game suspension. period. that kind of sense of entitlement and unaccountability is what got him into trouble in the first place and then to compound that with a violent episode means the guy broke what any would deem a legitimate code of conduct.

i know Jerrah wants this to work, but I think if he fails to put PacMan in his place and give him at least a game suspension, I think this will blow up in Jerrah's face. Jerrah should feel fortunate this was a minor incident but if he doesnt take this opportunity to reinforce discipline into Adam Jones, the next incident is going to be far more severe and ultimately will get him banned from the league. Even if something serious happened, the Cowboys themselves are in no danger of losing picks as they are displaying prudence and due diligence in providing him tutelage, security, and cowboy alumni support (deion, hill, etc.) They do stand to lose some respectability if they don't put PacMan in his place though. Just shut up and play football and be a good law abiding citizen. Is that too much to freaking ask? geez.

I respect Jerry and him trying to protect his family, but walking on a tab is just like stealing and really hoses hard working waitstaff. The bodyguard is paid by the Cowboys so you know he is just going to say whatever suits the Cowboys interests. From what I have heard is that Jones walked on a tab and the bodyguard called him on it and the scuffle occurred with a mirror being broke but no serious injuries or arrests.

I was starting to warm up to Jones, but if its true he was walking on some tab that he probably ran up he is a walking scumbag.

Mr teX
10-09-2008, 03:39 PM
You're absolutely correct, Ludacris has nothing to do with why Putzman is a thug.............just like that bottle of wine has nothing to do with someone being an alcoholic. I would doubt that, on a personal level, most socially concerned people would choose to associate with Ludacris over someone like De Niero. Your other reasoning is so out there, I'll leave responses to those that have the patience to deal with them.

Dude... just stop b/c it's obvious you don't have a clue. :gun:

Brando
10-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Here is the police report...............

http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/pacmanpolicereport.JPG

link(PFT) (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/09/pacman-jones-police-report/)

Blazing Arrow
10-09-2008, 06:04 PM
In just long enought to score the Titans another 4th rounder. Maybe Adam will actually do something for the Titans after all!

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Dude... just stop b/c it's obvious you don't have a clue. :gun:

"Dude"???...........I won't bother responding.........and not because I don't have a clue.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2008, 11:01 PM
The security guard, who was not the female, won. It's interesting that Stretch's agreement with Putzman included a multipage list of places he was not ever to step into............he may now need to consider expanding that list. My guess, it would be more practical to make the list that of exceptions, instead creating a document which Putzman might confuse with his playbook.

CloakNNNdagger
10-09-2008, 11:50 PM
THE ORIGIN OF THE PACMAN FIGHT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/)
Posted by Mike Florio on October 9, 2008, 10:11 p.m.

CBS 11 in Dallas/Fort Worth, which broke the story of Pacman’s most recent misadventures, now reports that the fight started because his ’round-the-clock bodyguards were changing shifts, and the new one thought that Jones shouldn’t be attending the party at the hotel where the fight broke out.

So Jones “attacked” the bodyguard in a hotel bathroom.

Owner Jerry Jones apparently agrees that it was permissible for Pacman to be at the party.

“This was a private party,” Jones said. “This was an area that I had specifically – for his birthday one week earlier, because it was a private area – I had said that it was okay to have it there. We have clear lines, and I have good, clear places — names of places — that even with security, that is not in his best interest to go.”

Let’s pause right there for a moment. Does anyone else think it’s absolutely freaking ridiculous that a grown man is so naturally messed up that his employer has to dictate where he can and can’t go on his free time? OK, continue.

CBS 11 also has the tape of the 911 call.

If the report is accurate — if Pacman “attacked” the bodyguard who is, essentially, an agent/employee of the Cowboys – Jones should face immediate consequences under the Personal Conduct Policy, which expressly prohibits “[v]iolent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace.”

The Cowboys could claim that the bodyguard isn’t an employee, and that he’s merely a contractor. They could, but it would be stupid.

The reality here is that Jones (allegedly) “attacked” a co-worker. In light of his history and given the plain terms of the Personal Conduct Policy, Pacman should be punted out of the league.

We’ve got a feeling that more than a few players on more than a few teams are keeping an eye on how this one plays out.

Also compliments of PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/pacmanbabysitter.jpg

Blake
10-10-2008, 09:47 AM
LINK (http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/cowboys/2008/10/listen-to-the-9.html)

Listen to the 911 call from the Pacman incident

Nothing crazy. Just a guy calling 911 to report a fight between 2 black males and a female that are being escorted out of the lobby by security.

CloakNNNdagger
10-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Stretch's best "dancing with the Stars" imitation: Step, Step, Sidestep, Step:[Dallas Morning Star] (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/jerry-jones-the-enabler-calls-conversati.html)

"I almost feel like I'm an enabler," Jerry said, which sounds good until you read the rest of the sentence, "because it's the very people that I have with him that created this. Had we not had that security with him, this wouldn't have happened. Really. Had we not had the security with him, it wouldn't have happened."

Golly, Pacman has done everything the Cowboys have asked. Why not point the finger at the guy the team hired to protect him from his own stupidity?

Clearly, bodyguard/babysitter/butt-kicker Tommy Jones is to blame here. Pacman would probably be better off without around-the-clock security.

Second Honeymoon
10-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Jerry should be providing the guy with anger management counseling not round the clock security detail. I understand you are trying to be prudent and take care of your investment but you aren't facing the real problem. Adam Jones has anger issues, antisocial behavior, violent tendencies, and a lack of respect for authority.

He probably doesn't deserve it based on this incident, but I think you have to dole out some sort of punishment if your the NFL. It just drags our league into the ground when this stuff comes out and for it to still be a story pretty much forces Goodell's hand. I'd say a 4 game suspension. Sadly, if Jerry Jones would have just suspended him for team violations for like 2 games, then Goodell wouldn't have been forced to act. Jones punishes Jones and everyone is happy. Now that its on Goodell, the punishment will probably be more severe than just 2....

...Deion even mentioned lifetime banishment as a possibility for even this offense...and Deion has been involved with Jones very closely and is part of his Cowboys support group. Hill and Sanders is a nice support group but they need a real psychiatrist who can help Jones fix his behavior. personally, I hope he gets suspended for a few games and not banned for life. It was funny watching Skeletor errr Jerry Jones at the press conference though. He was in total spin cycle. He was pretty careful with his words though and did a pretty darn good job under the circumstances. It would have just looked better if they would have suspended him themselves and handled it in-house.

WWJD
10-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Jerry isn't the punishing type guy.

Tedc
10-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Jerry is a joke.

Texecutioner
10-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Jerry should be providing the guy with anger management counseling not round the clock security detail. I understand you are trying to be prudent and take care of your investment but you aren't facing the real problem. Adam Jones has anger issues, antisocial behavior, violent tendencies, and a lack of respect for authority.

He probably doesn't deserve it based on this incident, but I think you have to dole out some sort of punishment if your the NFL. It just drags our league into the ground when this stuff comes out and for it to still be a story pretty much forces Goodell's hand. I'd say a 4 game suspension. Sadly, if Jerry Jones would have just suspended him for team violations for like 2 games, then Goodell wouldn't have been forced to act. Jones punishes Jones and everyone is happy. Now that its on Goodell, the punishment will probably be more severe than just 2....

...Deion even mentioned lifetime banishment as a possibility for even this offense...and Deion has been involved with Jones very closely and is part of his Cowboys support group. Hill and Sanders is a nice support group but they need a real psychiatrist who can help Jones fix his behavior. personally, I hope he gets suspended for a few games and not banned for life. It was funny watching Skeletor errr Jerry Jones at the press conference though. He was in total spin cycle. He was pretty careful with his words though and did a pretty darn good job under the circumstances. It would have just looked better if they would have suspended him themselves and handled it in-house.

You're thinking way to much into this as far as Pac's character.

This is nothing more than a pathetic example of the hip hop generation's affects on hood culture and Pac Man is nothing more than a typical animal from the hood that embraces THUG LIFE.

Don't forget the comments he made two years ago about the Titans needing more thugs on their team. He actually said that.

In his mind he is a "Ride or Die", kind of dude who only listens to a 2Pac album to justify what is right or wrong in his warped mind. He still thinks the laws of the hood and the "Don't be a sellout", slogans really carry any weight in the real world and he probably gets a bunch of high fives or "Dabs", from his boys whenever he assaults someone and then goes back and listens to a 50 Cent song and feels good about himself.

That's what Pac Man is and his behavior is a perfect representation of everything I just described.

CloakNNNdagger
10-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Stop!!!!!!!!!!...........There's no problem!!!!!!!......As per Wade Phillips, the Girls have completed their investigation (one-sided and within 24 hours) essentially exonerating Putzman. Listen to the reporter's question and the off-the-wall response.
[LINK] (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3634884)

Wolf
10-12-2008, 06:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AunNVj71bOqx_wPfvzqVc0RDubYF?slug=jc-possiblejonessuspension101208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to discipline Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones on Monday or Tuesday for his participation in an altercation last week, according to two sources. What was uncertain, according to the sources, was whether Jones will be simply fined or forced to miss playing time.

“No decision has been made,” said league spokesman Greg Aiello, when asked Sunday morning about the league’s intentions on handling Jones after completing its investigation of the matter.

Although both league sources said the fight at a downtown Dallas hotel, which resulted in no arrests, was not considered significant, Goodell was upset by the situation and felt the situation was a violation of the standards he imposed when Jones was allowed to return to the NFL for the 2008 season.

Both sources said Goodell sternly warned Jones that he was not to be involved in any off-field incidents or bring embarrassment upon the Cowboys or the NFL.

“If this was any of a lot of players who don’t have issues, it’s a non-issue, it’s nothing,” said one of the sources. “But this guy was given strict instruction. (The commissioner) didn’t want to hear about anything with (Jones). Nothing, not one little bit, because everybody was telling him that Jones would get in trouble again.

“Now that he’s already gotten into trouble – and with somebody who was supposed to be watching over him – it just confirms that Jones can’t control himself. If it’s not now, it’s going to be sometime soon. It’s just a matter of time with this guy.”

CloakNNNdagger
10-12-2008, 07:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AunNVj71bOqx_wPfvzqVc0RDubYF?slug=jc-possiblejonessuspension101208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

My question is when will the owner be penalized for continually taking in cheap scum in hopes that he produces dividends for his team and his pocket book............without concern for the disrespect incurred by NFL by he very presence.

The Pencil Neck
10-12-2008, 10:16 PM
My question is when will the owner be penalized for continually taking in cheap scum in hopes that he produces dividends for his team and his pocket book............without concern for the disrespect incurred by NFL by he very presence.

You have to give him credit. He usually chooses cheap scum that actually produces.

Unlike the Bungles.

CloakNNNdagger
10-12-2008, 11:22 PM
You have to give him credit. He usually chooses cheap scum that actually produces.

Unlike the Bungles.

Touche.........up until now, at least. Putzman got burned big time today. I can hardly wait to hear from T.O. after this loss.........

HoustonFrog
10-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Suspended AT LEAST 4 games..indefinite

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643240

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has been suspended for at least four games season for his most recent violation of the league's personal conduct policy, the NFL announced Tuesday.

In announcing his decision, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Jones' "disturbing pattern of behavior was clearly inconsistent with the conditions I set for your continued participation in the NFL."

Jones was notified by Goodell that he is suspended indefinitely without pay as a result of his most recent violation of the league's personal conduct policy.

Goodell will determine the final length of Jones' suspension following the Cowboys' Week 11 game against Washington on Nov. 16, the league said.

The decision on whether Jones can return to play will be based on his strict compliance with his NFL and Cowboys treatment plans as well as on evaluations of Jones' progress that will be provided to Goodell by clinical experts retained by the NFL.

Texan_Bill
10-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I can hardly wait to hear from T.O. after this loss.........

"That's my cornerback......"

http://www.atlnightspots.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/519.jpg

Sorry Frog..... I couldn't pass up the op.....

bah007
10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Suspended AT LEAST 4 games..indefinite

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643240

Four games sounds about right.

But then again, PacMan will probably do something stupid during that time off and get it extended.

HOU-TEX
10-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Four games sounds about right.

But then again, PacMan will probably do something stupid during that time off and get it extended.

Not really. It should've been a lifetime ban. If Goodell wanted to make a point by being strict with policy he shouldn't have allowed the assmunch back in the league to begin with.

Get rid of the P.O.S. already!!

bah007
10-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Not really. It should've been a lifetime ban. If Goodell wanted to make a point by being strict with policy he shouldn't have allowed the assmunch back in the league to begin with.

Get rid of the P.O.S. already!!

Yeah but he did let him back him.

And since Jones isn't being charged with anything this seems alright to me.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Pretty sure this suspension will cost the Titans a 5th round pick.

Vinnie
10-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah but he did let him back him.

And since Jones isn't being charged with anything this seems alright to me.

Isn't he on probation, and not allowed anywhere near alcohol? If that's the case he could be locked up for violation of probation. That ought to do it.

Mr teX
10-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Wade Phillips might as well start updating his resume b/c he's definitely gone after this year, Jones will find a roundabout way to make him the scapegoat for this season's failures.

pacman gone for 4 games
Romo gone for 4 games
Newman gone for the season
Hurd done for the season
mcBriar done for the season
Felix jones gone for a couple of weeks

Nice to see it all blow up in jerry's 3rd face!

Wolf
10-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure this suspension will cost the Titans a 5th round pick.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=863825#post863825

WWJD
10-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Wade Phillips might as well start updating his resume b/c he's definitely gone after this year, Jones will find a roundabout way to make him the scapegoat for this season's failures.

pacman gone for 4 games
Romo gone for 4 games
Newman gone for the season
Hurd done for the season
mcBriar done for the season
Felix jones gone for a couple of weeks

Nice to see it all blow up in jerry's 3rd face!

Newman should be back. Tony will in all liklihood miss 3 games because of a bye week..he is expected back for the Giants game. Hurd was a foregone conclusion..he's done nothing this year.

PacMan was going to be suspended by the league...that's no great shock.

Silver Oak
10-14-2008, 07:13 PM
I guess that Deion Sanders and his irritating brand of b.s was not even able to provide Pacman with some leadership and guidance.