PDA

View Full Version : NFL Players Considered 'Tradebait'

Texan Asylum
10-08-2008, 05:36 PM
What do you think? Would LJ fit into our system? Could he be a good mentor for Slaton? Could their styles compliment each other?

Anyone else you think might work from this list?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tradebait100808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Though in-season NFL trades are a rarity, four team executives talked to Yahoo! Sports about players they believe should be dealt prior to the deadline next Tuesday.

The executives agreed that the only teams that should really be cleaning house at this point are the Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams. Even though the Houston Texans are 0-4, many observes believe they will rebound and play well. Furthermore, the Texans don’t have many players who should just be dumped, aside from running back Ahman Green.

“And I would only take Green if I was truly desperate,” one of the executive said. “Thank God I’m not in that situation.”

Here’s a list of the top 10 players who should be dealt.

1. RB Larry Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs

Comment: “By the time the Chiefs are good again, he’s going to be done. … I don’t understand why they gave him all the money and then they wouldn’t sign Jared Allen. If you’re rebuilding, you don’t do it with a running back who’s going to be burned.” Another executive said Johnson has a reputation around the league as being a “spoiled brat” and “not much of a leader.”

Best potential fits: He’s not a perfect fit in Philadelphia because of the style of the offense, but all of the executives said the Eagles could use him now that Brian Westbrook has broken ribs. Other teams that could use him would be the Denver Broncos, New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints...(cont)

jaayteetx
10-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Ya, I saw that too. Who is this Antwan Odom they speak of? Nice piece of sports journalism there.

Texan_Bill
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Ya, I saw that too. Who is this Antwan Odom they speak of? Nice piece of sports journalism there.

I read that on Yahoo a little while ago and I was like "Wha.....?!?"

bah007
10-08-2008, 08:31 PM

He's on the Bengals isn't he?

WWJD
10-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Haven't the Lions been trying to trade Roy Williams for some time now?

jaayteetx
10-08-2008, 09:16 PM
He's on the Bengals isn't he?

Yep

HJam72
10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Any chance that DeWayne White would be a good fit here at DE? I don't know anything about him, so I'm just asking.