PDA

View Full Version : Where is Xavier Adibi?!?!?!

TheRealJoker
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Ever since camp he's been on/off the injured list. Last game he was inactive due to "illness"?!

I think this guy would bring a new dimension to our nickel defense but if he's not activated we wont find out. What injuries/ailments are keeping him from suiting up on gameday?

DexmanC
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
I heard John Mcclain say that Adibi is having
trouble holding on to weight. In order to play LB,
he has to be 240lb+

Now he's about 225, while eating like mad.

TheRealJoker
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
he has to be 240lb+

Sounds like another reason to fire the S&C coach!!! :whip:

Or the team nutritionist...heck fire them all!!!

texanhead08
10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Why do they want him to weigh that much??? I mean really heaven forbid we have a lb with some speed and quickness.

TheRealJoker
10-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Why do they want him to weigh that much??? I mean really heaven forbid we have a lb with some speed and quickness.

Kinda reminds me of when Capers wanted Babin to lose weight so he'd be the prototypical weight of a 3-4 OLB :(

Perhaps the Jags should stretch out MJD since he's not tall enough to play running back?

texanhead08
10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
The Cowboys didnt have 240lb linebackers when they were winning super bowls. I remember Coakley being 215-220 ish and he was a helluva player. Let the guy play and see what happens it can't be any worse can it.

Ole Miss Texan
10-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I was really excited about this pick. I hope he can get healthy and out on that field. I don't have a problem with having smaller quicker LB's so long as your DL is big and keeping the OL off the LB's. That's not the case with our team yet, though.

mussop
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
I was really excited about this pick. I hope he can get healthy and out on that field. I don't have a problem with having smaller quicker LB's so long as your DL is big and keeping the OL off the LB's. That's not the case with our team yet, though.

Exactly. We need a plugger up front. Okam needs to get more playing time as well as Adibi so we can see what they have.

ATXtexanfan
10-06-2008, 03:22 PM
So we drafted a DT that was to big for his own good and a LB that's to light to play ....

J-Russ
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
SLB, solid starter.

MLB, All-Pro.

WLB, do we even play this position?

Adibi needs to step up, but it might just be the coaches holding him back cause of his weight. I guarantee you that he will do no worst then Moron Greenwood. Just play him coach.

TexansSeminole
10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
he has to be 240lb+

Who says? Kubiak? Richard Smith?

It would be nice to have him at 240, but he doesn't have to be to see the field. Scary close minded thinking by the Texans on this one.

There are alot of LBs who don't break the 240 mark that play in this league and are successful.

Htownsportsfan
10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I believe on the methodist injury report they had him listed as ill, not sure if he had the same bug as Schaub but it seems every week they have him listed with some sort of issue.

Mr teX
10-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Who says? Kubiak? Richard Smith?

It would be nice to have him at 240, but he doesn't have to be to see the field. Scary close minded thinking by the Texans on this one.

There are alot of LBs who don't break the 240 mark that play in this league and are successful.

Don't worry, they had the same concerns about Slaton & i'd say that's turned out okay. He just has to get healthy & once he does i'm confident that kubes will have no choice but to play him. Kubes is usually good about things like this.

Rex King
10-06-2008, 04:47 PM
I was going to say none of our starting LBs are over 240, but according to the roster at HT.com, DeMeco is 250 and Greenwood 253! When did they gain that weight? I'm wondering if that's accurate and could be why both have looked slower this year.

mussop
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I was going to say none of our starting LBs are over 240, but according to the roster at HT.com, DeMeco is 250 and Greenwood 253! When did they gain that weight? I'm wondering if that's accurate and could be why both have looked slower this year.

I noticed tis about Ryans the first game agains Pittsburg. He looks like he has added alot of muscle since last year. He doesnt seem to have the same speed and mobility he had last year. If you watch him walk he looks like his ankles are taped so much that he cant move them at all. I hope they havent hurt his natural ability trying to turn him into the PROTO TYPE MLB.

J-Russ
10-08-2008, 02:05 PM
12:38
[Comment From texansdee]
do we need more speed at linebacker? it seems that fat tight ends like dallas clark just kill us
12:39
John McClain: Clark kills everybody. Diles is a seventh-round pick starting for the first time. He'll get better. They hoped Adibi could push Greenwood. He's fast. But he's 225. He can't keep weight on. They sent him to the hospital for tests last week, but nothing was found. I'd look hard for a big-play linebacker in free agency or the draft.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2008/10/still_fuming_chat_with_mcclain.html

sounds like a Rashard Butler type of situation, except it isn't because of a medical condition. I'm going to be really upset if we keep his talents and athletic abilities on the sideline just because he can't gain more weight. Just play the guy.

Polo
10-08-2008, 02:35 PM
I noticed tis about Ryans the first game agains Pittsburg. He looks like he has added alot of muscle since last year. He doesnt seem to have the same speed and mobility he had last year. If you watch him walk he looks like his ankles are taped so much that he cant move them at all. I hope they havent hurt his natural ability trying to turn him into the PROTO TYPE MLB.

A lot of people say our front is undersized. I really wish this myth would die.

Our guys are average weight for a 4-3 front. That includes T.J., Demeco, and Amobi.

I also said a while ago that I thought Demeco needed to lose some weight. I think his increased bulk has definitely affected his mobility. He's not playing on the opponents side of the line of scrimmage as much as he had been doing in the past. Still a really good footblal player, just not as quick.

NBT
10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
The same thing could be said about rookie CB Molden. Just play him. He couldn't do any worse than Reeves or Petey.

rollinstone18
10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Apparently he's sick.

From the Wednesday's presser (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4724)--

(on not being able to find out exactly whats wrong with LB Xavier Adibi) He just hasnt been feeling well. He got sick on us and couldnt hold anything down. He spent some time in the hospital and has been through some headaches. Hes kind of up and down throughout each day. He did do some things today, not much. Were monitoring it. Its an issue right now. Were running a lot of tests on the kid trying to figure it out.

(on LB Xavier Adibi saying the sickness is holding him back) Well, its obvious. Hes lost weight. Hes behind everybody because hes missed a lot of time and hes not feeling well. So its our job to figure out why.

Hopefully Adibi will get well soon.

RipTraxx
10-08-2008, 07:20 PM
I say start him AND molden. Baptism by fire.

DexmanC
10-09-2008, 12:04 AM
I say start him AND molden. Baptism by fire.

It would be the best thing, and I like how Gary throws
young players into the fire (i.e. Dwayne Brown, Owen Daniels,
Charles Spencer, Eric Winston, etc..), however "fans" are crucifying
him for building this team through the draft (much slower progress
than paying a bunch of veterans for a quick 9 or 10 win season.)