PDA

View Full Version : Nice guys finish last

TheRealJoker
10-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Reading yesterdays postgame presser its painfully obvious the team is in need of a mean streak.

Hearing Duane Brown say that Kubiak told them all he was "Proud of them" and Owen Daniels say "It wasn't funny but you almost have to laugh because of how crazy it turned out." made me sick to my stomach.

Kubiak should've been chewing some people out. Not just Sage, but the defense that has yet to stop a team from converting on 4th down including the 4th and 7 converted by Manning with a td to bring the Colts within 10 before Sage went off the reservation.

I'm tired of being the loveable losers of the NFL. A team full of "nice guys", because just like always it looks like we're gonna finish last.

One of our stars needs to step up and call this team out for what they are, a bunch of underachieving nice guys because they dont have the intestinal fortitude or the fire to win a football game. I honestly think the best thing for our team would be to have a loudmouth like T.O.

Atleast he'd keep our team honest and call them out for what they are.

AJ, Mario, DeMeco...hell even Kris Brown its time to step up and take control of your football team.

TexansFight
10-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Agree with you in every way. I want guys on my team who have a mean streak and want to dominate. I am tired of our sissy brand of ball.

Kaiser Toro
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
That is our identity. We are losingest, loosest losers I have ever been associated with.

We need to beat the Dolphins. We need a sense of urgency.

Ole Miss Texan
10-06-2008, 09:06 AM
It's times like these when the real leaders of the team step up. It will be interesting to see what happens. Dunta has been pretty quiet lately, we need a reporter asking him some questions... :thinking:

Kaiser Toro
10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
It's times like these when the real leaders of the team step up. It will be interesting to see what happens. Dunta has been pretty quiet lately, we need a reporter asking him some questions... :thinking:

Bingo. Dunta beat that David Carr drum. He has been the only player in my opinion that has his finger on the pulse of this team. My fear is that he comes back to soon, due to help with this mess.

ubecool454
10-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Reading yesterdays postgame presser its painfully obvious the team is in need of a mean streak.

Hearing Duane Brown say that Kubiak told them all he was "Proud of them" and Owen Daniels say "It wasn't funny but you almost have to laugh because of how crazy it turned out." made me sick to my stomach.

Kubiak should've been chewing some people out. Not just Sage, but the defense that has yet to stop a team from converting on 4th down including the 4th and 7 converted by Manning with a td to bring the Colts within 10 before Sage went off the reservation.

I'm tired of being the loveable losers of the NFL. A team full of "nice guys", because just like always it looks like we're gonna finish last.

One of our stars needs to step up and call this team out for what they are, a bunch of underachieving nice guys because they dont have the intestinal fortitude or the fire to win a football game. I honestly think the best thing for our team would be to have a loudmouth like T.O.

AJ, Mario, DeMeco...hell even Kris Brown its time to step up and take control of your football team.

Very well put....we have a good team but we do need a couple more nasty players on the team. Travis Johnson tried to be the bad guy on the team and a lot of fans hated him for it. This is football and a lot of times a nasty player gets into the oppositions heads. There is not a lot of Ray Lewis types around but we need to find some nasty trash talkers on this team to get that mean streak. I wouldn't have mind a couple late hits on Manning yesterday because if you know anything about this guy he hates to be hit. Well lets go on to the next game with the Fins. these are not the same Miami team that we thought we would be seeing.

kcdoubleeagle
10-06-2008, 09:27 AM
AGREED! But it has to start with the coaches......did he really say that he was "proud of his team"? Lord, this isn't Pop Warner!

Polo
10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I coulda told you guys that a long, long time ago...

We're soft...Friendly...

We have a lot of guys that want to play good football, but I don't see many that want to crush the opposition...

I've never seen a friendlier defense...Not a lot of nastiness over there...

I know a lot of folks won't agree with me, but it's JMO....

Our O-line is pretty friendly as well...

When an agressive team like the steelers comes at you and jumps on a nice team like the Texans it normally brings the ***** out of ya'....

We do not have play-off talent. We don't even have players with a play-off mentality.

A bunch of nice guys normally play like a bunch of nice guys.

TheIronDuke
10-06-2008, 09:36 AM
did he really say that he was "proud of his team"? Lord, this isn't Pop Warner!

I hope the team mom remembered the orange slices and Capri Suns for the boys after the game.

gtexan02
10-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I say we ditch Free Agency and institute performance based pay. Your drafted to a team. If they win, you get paid. If they lose, you get zero. Then lets see them all laugh and joke around about being surprised they lost

Malloy
10-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Hearing Duane Brown say that Kubiak told them all he was "Proud of them" and Owen Daniels say "It wasn't funny but you almost have to laugh because of how crazy it turned out.".

I'm glad thats how the players look at it, I feel the exact same way.

Polo
10-06-2008, 09:52 AM
If Kubiak blows up on the team, or changes his demeanor that will be the quickest way to lose the team....

Runner
10-06-2008, 10:05 AM
I didn't think much of Pitts's interview on one of the late night wrap up shows. He was grinning too much. He is a good example of a player who got his big contract so all is good.

alphajoker
10-06-2008, 10:40 AM
If Kubiak blows up on the team, or changes his demeanor that will be the quickest way to lose the team....

Agreed...he cannot put the blame on the entire team for this one. This game was won on almost every single measurable by the Texans except the one that mattered most. He shouldn't blow up on his team just because one man turned the ball over 3 times in less that 4:04.

Vinny
10-06-2008, 10:45 AM
There is a certain amount of arrogance in winners and this team has none of it...zilch.

gtexan02
10-06-2008, 10:46 AM
We cut the guys who are arrogant

Vinny
10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Kubiak's updated presser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc)

TheRealJoker
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Aww shucks guys, that Tony Dungy guy sure is nice. I'd feel terrible if we had more points when the clock reached zero so how about we blow this 17 point lead we have here so the Colts get to enjoy the game as much as we have to this point.

Signed,

Mr. Nice Guy Gary Kubiak

spurstexanstros
10-06-2008, 01:32 PM

Really? Nice guys finish last...think real hard about this one I mean real hard.

( Hint: I follow a bunch of winning nice guys)

TheRealJoker
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Do the Texans finish last consistently? Are they labeled a team of "nice guys"? Does their HC tell his team that he's "proud" after blowing a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter?

Yep.

FirstTexansFan
10-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Poor Joker, it'll be ok man. Have you considered a career as a Priest? I realize you are feeling a ton of pressure, and need release. I'd offer a hand, but er :)

Leahmic223
10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Really? Nice guys finish last...think real hard about this one I mean real hard.

The Spurs are far from nice guys. Do they say the right things...SURE...just like the Pats. They seem nice off the field...but they are not. On the field they will do anything it takes to win.

I've said yesterday that Kubes biggest problem is that...his team is proud of their performance after the game...and the Colts players are disappointed with themselves.

I can argue that our guys are proud of their performance because once they are FAs they will have some nice stats to put on their resume. Kubes is a smart football coach I keep saying this time and time again. I just wonder if he brings the mentality it takes to win football games. We don't know for sure because once again...some teams look nice off the field but are not exactly on it.

This is why I would not be against signing or trading for a big loudmouth FA on either side of the ball. But Kubes shouldn't be saying he's proud of his team. I know they played well and one guy lost the game for the whole team, but they lost...so he should be saying they did not play well enough to win and draw every inch of talent out of these guys.

Texecutioner
10-06-2008, 02:28 PM

The Spurs have never been nice guys on the court. Rodman was around there for a while and he was not a NICE GUY. Malik Rose was never a nice guy with his hustle and physical play.

Oh, and that guy that plays for them right now named Bowens, he isn't a nice guy by any stretch of the imagaination. He's as dirty of a player that I've ever seen. Oh, and you're coach is not a NICE GUY either. Duncan is not a guy, he's a quiet and boring guy but he has a killer instinct to win.

I'll tell you what the Spurs are. They are a team of SMART GUYS, and that is why they win and stay successful. Popavich is about as stern and mean as any coach out there, but he's a very smart one that doesn't lose games for his teams. He is probably the most underrated NBA coach of all time. Bowens might be maybe the most dirty player in the NBA, but he surely acts like one of the nicest off the court and is very smart about how he plays dirty. Again, SMART GUYS not nice guys. Bowens acts about as innocent as a nun when being interviewed and asked about what others say about him and he comes off quite well even though he lies right through his teeth. The Spurs have been a smart team and an efficient one that is boring. Not a nice one by any means.

mussop
10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I coulda told you guys that a long, long time ago...

Me too! I have been saying this for awhile now.

Thats why my offseason plan includes 2 fierce competitors.
1.) Sign FA Albert Haynesworth. He is the kind of player you hate, if hes not on youre team. He is mean and nasty and plays borderline dirty. He is also the reason the Tacks D is one of if not the best in the NFL. I would love to see some of that rub off on Mario and Ryans.

2.) Draft Rey Maualaga USC. This guy also plays with the kind of fire that ignites teamates. Lets see teams run the ball up the middle on these guys. Bet teams would think twice about going for it on 4th down with hese 2 in there.

spurstexanstros
10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
The Spurs have never been nice guys on the court. Rodman was around there for a while and he was not a NICE GUY. Malik Rose was never a nice guy with his hustle and physical play.

Oh, and that guy that plays for them right now named Bowens, he isn't a nice guy by any stretch of the imagaination. He's as dirty of a player that I've ever seen. Oh, and you're coach is not a NICE GUY either. Duncan is not a guy, he's a quiet and boring guy but he has a killer instinct to win.

I'll tell you what the Spurs are. They are a team of SMART GUYS, and that is why they win and stay successful. Popavich is about as stern and mean as any coach out there, but he's a very smart one that doesn't lose games for his teams. He is probably the most underrated NBA coach of all time. Bowens might be maybe the most dirty player in the NBA, but he surely acts like one of the nicest off the court and is very smart about how he plays dirty. Again, SMART GUYS not nice guys. Bowens acts about as innocent as a nun when being interviewed and asked about what others say about him and he comes off quite well even though he lies right through his teeth. The Spurs have been a smart team and an efficient one that is boring. Not a nice one by any means.

They were the nice guys till they started winning then everyone hated their game called it boring and then every one hates them. There was national headlines that said Nice guys finish first or who said nice guys finish last I cant remember. Your right it has nothing to do with being the nice guys....it has to do with playing a smart fundamentally sound game. that is what the Texans need. hmmm what I need is to pop in a Spurs dvd to cheer me up.

mussop
10-06-2008, 04:25 PM
They were the nice guys till they started winning then everyone hated their game called it boring and then every one hates them. There was national headlines that said Nice guys finish first or who said nice guys finish last I cant remember. Your right it has nothing to do with being the nice guys....it has to do with playing a smart fundamentally sound game. that is what the Texans need. hmmm what I need is to pop in a Spurs dvd to cheer me up.

Enjoy it now because once the season start the only thing you'll be seeing is Rocket Red!!!! Go Rockets!!!!:)