PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Andre Johnson

Shaft75
10-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Thank you AJ, for...

-making me a proud adoptor

-catching every pass that came your way.

-holding on to the ball while being lead directly into a safety or linebacker

-getting back up, when a blow knocked you down

-sticking with us in the midst of everyone doubting your loyalty

But most importantly... Giving my 4 year-old nephew your td ball. It meant the world to him. You are a class act.

J-Russ
10-05-2008, 11:19 PM
That was your nephew? Awesome dude, Dre talk about giving him the ball in the post-game presser. He seemed really bummed about today though, I wouldn't fault him if he chose to request a trade. I really think it'll be best for both party, we get picks to build on talent and he gets to go to a team that can actually contend for a playoff.

imatexan
10-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Andre and Mario, you are true players, thank you. Now lets try and get some others like yall.

will742
10-05-2008, 11:33 PM
That's really awesome! Congratulations man. I was a couple rows to your left near the 15 yard line.

I can't even imagine where this team would be without AJ. He truly is a class act. Which is amazing in itself because he come from the U :headhurts:.

Mailman
10-06-2008, 12:07 AM
You might be interested in reading this:

(on giving the football to the kid) “Today, I just said to myself, I’ve been a little frustrated or whatever, but I was just like, ‘Hey, if I score a touchdown today, I want to find a little kid in the stands to give a ball to.’ Kids, they come out and watch us play and they’re yelling and screaming and things like that, and I’m pretty sure it meant a lot to him. A kid coming to the game, he never thought he would probably get a football from a football player. I hope he enjoys it, takes it around the neighborhood and throws it around and scuffs it up and has fun with it.”

IlliniJen
10-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Andre and Mario, you are true players, thank you. Now lets try and get some others like yall.

I would add Slaton to that. I love the way the guy runs, he does not go down easy and fights for every yard. We need fighters like that right now.

Shaft75
10-06-2008, 12:33 AM
You might be interested in reading this:

Thanks for that. He's a special player.

His mama will be crying after she reads that.

valleytexfan
10-06-2008, 01:06 AM
AJ is a true class act and a helluva football player. We have a handful of those on our team...(we used to not have any). I hope he stays in Houston and sees this through. He's one of my favorites

HOU-TEX
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Thank you AJ, for...

But most importantly... Giving my 4 year-old nephew your td ball. It meant the world to him. You are a class act.

He had a huge pop-knot above his eye after the play his helmet was ripped off. He was back on the field shortly after though. I can't help but to feel sorry for the guy. Sure, he's getting paid to do a job, but I have a feeling he's dying inside due to the losing.

Shaft75
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Man I hope AJ stays around.

Should we start campaigning?

HOU-TEX
10-06-2008, 12:57 PM

A winning compaign would be nice. :)

texanhead08
10-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Andre was nothing short of incredible yesterday. Nice catches yards after the catch going up in traffic to haul in passes. He couldnt have done anything more without us finding out there was a "S" on his chest.

Double Barrel
10-06-2008, 01:24 PM

I agree. This franchise needs to change directions before our good players start deciding to change addresses.

Shaft75
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
I am going to seem a little desperate at the next game with a sign that says "Andre, please don't go..."

Any other ideas?

Texan_Bill
10-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Thank you AJ, for...

That's so awesome, dude!! I won't even jack with you this week!! :photos:

BigBull17
10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
That was your nephew? Awesome dude, Dre talk about giving him the ball in the post-game presser. He seemed really bummed about today though, I wouldn't fault him if he chose to request a trade. I really think it'll be best for both party, we get picks to build on talent and he gets to go to a team that can actually contend for a playoff.

How does losing your best player good fopr US? We couldnt get enough value for him to warrent that. God, you think we are a joke now...

edo783
10-06-2008, 10:22 PM
The thing I liked about the TD catch was that he came back and took it away from the CB. Too often he waits for the ball to get to him, but this time he went and got it. Good job AJ.

b0ng
10-06-2008, 10:25 PM
AJ was his monstrous self on Sunday. Kudo's to you AJ.

awtysst
10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't fault him if he chose to request a trade. I really think it'll be best for both party, we get picks to build on talent and he gets to go to a team that can actually contend for a playoff.

The only way I would trade someone of his talent at the prime of his career would be for 3 first round picks. Nothing less.

disaacks3
10-07-2008, 11:47 AM
AJ did his best to take "personal control" of the game Sunday. He just played ANGRY! :kingkong:

..if we can find a way to make this whole team angry every week, they might be unstoppable.

AJ may be the classiest player out of "The U" that I can ever remember. He's truly been the exception to the rule.

YellerLotYeller
10-07-2008, 01:11 PM
AJ did his best to take "personal control" of the game Sunday. He just played ANGRY! :kingkong:

..if we can find a way to make this whole team angry every week, they might be unstoppable.

AJ may be the classiest player out of "The U" that I can ever remember. He's truly been the exception to the rule.

I think the "Mr. Nice Guy" act is starting to get old with him...and that's a good thing for us. He's been more vocal this year to the media and I like it. Now we just need him to put pressure on the rest of the team to put the same effort on the field that he does. The team apparently doesnt care if they make Kubes happy or not, so if AJ is breathing down their necks maybe it will work. He's a natural leader and there is a UM attitude dying to come alive, and I feel it trying to surface. Can you picture Andre getting the team hyped like Ray Lewis does at pregame....I can and it give me goose bumps.

Also congrats on the ball for your nephew Shaft!

Double Barrel
10-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Sometimes all a team needs to overcome itself is for one player to step up and challenge the rest of the team. These guys need a leader that decides to carry the rest of the team, and AJ might be that man. He says very little, but I bet his words weigh a lot in this clubhouse.

Shaft75
10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
That's so awesome, dude!! I won't even jack with you this week!! :photos:

Hey, just because my nephew gets a football, doesn't mean you have to go all soft on us? Maybe the sun wore you down a little!!! Come on over to the darkside Bill...:fans:

Texan_Bill
10-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey, just because my nephew gets a football, doesn't mean you have to go all soft on us? Maybe the sun wore you down a little!!! Come on over to the darkside Bill...:fans:

Apparently the dark side subdues people...

http://www.texansbullpen.com/08photogallery/Season/2008-10-05-Colts-Texans/1stQuarter/DSC_0204.JPG

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: "Why are you not stomping Colts fan's guts out?"

Shaft75
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Apparently the dark side subdues people...

...IMAGE NOT ALLOWED INTO EVIDENCE. KICKOFF RETURN'S ARE NOT ACCEPTED...

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: "Why are you not stomping Colts fan's guts out?"

Fixed...

Or you could always say that fans are a little more at ease in the shade...

Texan_Bill
10-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't buy that excuse, but I guess being at mid-field defensively doesn't warrant getting off your a$$es, either..

http://www.texansbullpen.com/08photogallery/Season/2008-10-05-Colts-Texans/4thQuarter/DSC_0672.JPG

All is forgiven if you're ripping a$$ on the Dolts fan, though...

http://www.texansbullpen.com/08photogallery/Season/2008-10-05-Colts-Texans/4thQuarter/DSC_0816.JPG

Shaft75
10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
all is forgiven if you're ripping a$$ on the dolts fan, though...

http://www.texansbullpen.com/08photogallery/Season/2008-10-05-Colts-Texans/4thQuarter/DSC_0816.JPG

ha!!!

Brando
10-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Thank you AJ for the great catch yesterday. Another great performance by our best player in franchise history!:texflag: