PDA

View Full Version : Was this the worse loss in franchise history?

Brando
10-05-2008, 07:38 PM
???:thinking:

ziggy29
10-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Unquestionably.

But only the second worst in the history of Houston pro football.

Buffi2
10-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Without a doubt.

BSofA04
10-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Worst. Loss. Ever.

disaacks3
10-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Unquestionably.

But only the second worst in the history of Houston pro football. Hell, it's WORSE if you're counting point margin vs. time remaining.

SheTexan
10-05-2008, 07:45 PM
IMHO NO!! The loss to Tenn at home year before last when VY made that TD and announced I OWN THIS HOUSE!! I will never forget that loss!! One of the most emotional games I had been to in YEARS!!! I rarely cry after a football game, but, I bawled like a stupid id*ot after that one. A horrible feeling stayed with me for weeks. Todays loss just makes me sad, simply because I believe our boys are so much better than their record, and they're having a hard time pulling it together. I will not give up on them, I just can't do that!!

DiehardChris
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I think it's easily the worst loss. I've been a fan from day one, like most of you guys - and I can't think of one that hurt worse than this one.

The OT loss to VY was pretty bad, but this one I thought was worse.

Brando
10-05-2008, 07:49 PM
IMHO NO!! The loss to Tenn at home year before last when VY made that TD and announced I OWN THIS HOUSE!! I will never forget that loss!! One of the most emotional games I had been to in YEARS!!! I rarely cry after a football game, but, I bawled like a stupid id*ot after that one. A horrible feeling stayed with me for weeks. Todays loss just makes me sad, simply because I believe our boys are so much better than their record, and they're having a hard time pulling it together. I will not give up on them, I just can't do that!!

Good point! I would have to rank that game ahead of this one also!

I still love my Texans, it's just ashamed we can't hold on to leads.

Leahmic223
10-05-2008, 07:50 PM

That was a tough loss...but we were in a kind of 'Rebuilding' state and how things played out...Mario was the right pick :shades:

This loss hurts so much because it seems like we're just destined to lose. After that loss it just makes it seem like we are indeed the Cardinals, the Cubs, the Grizzlies...just another team that is destined to lose year in and out. I hope it's not true, I hope we are building something special but....

TexansLucky13
10-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I shut that VY OT home game out of my mind completely. Come to think of it, that may have been worse. Oh well.

ChrisG
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
this hurt worse than the entire 2-14 season

so much hope destroyed by one jump

Thorn
10-05-2008, 08:02 PM
I voted yes before I read SheTexan's post, but I had somehow put that game out of my mind with all of Vince Young's antics as of late. I would say this game and that Titans games are without a doubt the two worst loses in our brief history.

Sideline
10-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I believe our boys are so much better than their record, and they're having a hard time pulling it together. I will not give up on them, I just can't do that!!

Amen to that G'ma. Fantastic post.

Honoring Earl 34
10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
I think it's worse because ... in my mind anyway ... we've slid back into being a bunch of underachieving losers .

The Redskins with a new HC and a QB who's never played in the WCO ... have lost one game .

Miami ... who had the 1st pick and a new coach ... have beaten the Patriots and Chargers .

Atlanta ... much better with a new coach and a rookie QB I think their 3-2 .

We are grouped with the Chiefs , Lions , Bengals , and the other teams that have bad organizations.

LonerATO
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I think it's worse because ... in my mind anyway ... we've slid back into being a bunch of underachieving losers .

The Redskins with a new HC and a QB who's never played in the WCO ... have lost one game .

Miami ... who had the 1st pick and a new coach ... have beaten the Patriots and Chargers .

Atlanta ... much better with a new coach and a rookie QB I think their 3-2 .

We are grouped with the Chiefs , Lions , Bengals , and the other teams that have bad organizations.

Its all big Bob I am telling you this guy just wants the cash because he doesnt care about winning otherwise some a** would be gone by now and f stability.

Skins - owner that spends tons of money makes horrible mistakes with FA but cares about winning

Miami - Wayne had to sell parts of his franchise because the team kept sucking and he was losing fans so he writes blacnk check to Bill(I know who to build a winning team just look at the Cowboys) Parcells

Falcons - Blank is a top class owner who wants to win no matter what and he made the right choice in getting a guy who is all about hyping his team up and not looking like snuffy and coming off like a zombie

Htownsportsfan
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I know few will agree but I say not even close! While this lose was inexcusable and ridiculous in what occured we kicked the Colts Ass for 55 minutes! We made sacks, broke up passes, hell I think I even saw an aging Ahman Green have some 8 and 9 yards gains. Slaton, enough said!

This loss sucked and seems foolish as I watched Colinsworth and crew wonder what Sage was thinking it is not as bead to me as looking like a JV team out their.

VY in our house, being dismantled by the Seahawks on sunday night, KC anyone, Favre comeback, the freakin bills and Lee Evans two 83 yard TD's. As Texan fans we have had more than our fair share but to me this one is just inconceivable

Thats right Vizzini I said inconceivable!

Leahmic223
10-05-2008, 08:31 PM

That is exactly how it feels to me. It feels like it will take a few years to turn this ship around.

TheIronDuke
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
It's sad that I can remember more bad losses than I can remember good wins in this franchise's history. But the fact that I accept it might be worse.

WesmanTexanfan
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Its got to be, its a horrible loss at a horrible time. We had a chance to go 1-3 along with the colts in a division and league that'll have some low records in the playoffs this year. We needed this win. But TBH I can still see us making the playoffs if we win the next 3......

sakebomb
10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
What about the Steve Mcnair to Bennett (I think) at the end of the game at Reliant a few years back? That one hurt too.

WesmanTexanfan
10-05-2008, 09:34 PM
What about the Steve Mcnair to Bennett (I think) at the end of the game at Reliant a few years back? That one hurt too.

I was at that one. But no way do I think that was worse than this, this was unbelievable...

dskillz
10-05-2008, 09:38 PM
this hurt worse than the entire 2-14 season

so much hope destroyed by one jump

Pretty much. The past 2 weeks have killed any hope I had for this season. 2-14 seems like a real possibility at this point. After all these years, we STILL are an expansion team.

Revolution
10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
This is one of those losses that can set your franchise back YEARS! We didn't have far to fall, so I just hope we don't become the next Lions, Bengals, Cardinals franchise...we are getting close...

If not for the fact the Bills-Oilers game was a playoff game, this loss would be worse than that one...17 points with less than 4 minutes left!!!

I will ALWAYS BE A TEXANS FAN!! No matter how difficult it gets! :texflag:

Showtime100
10-05-2008, 09:43 PM
I answered no. I also had the Tennessee game in mind but it was close.

dickieb
10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Its got to be, its a horrible loss at a horrible time. We had a chance to go 1-3 along with the colts in a division and league that'll have some low records in the playoffs this year. We needed this win. But TBH I can still see us making the playoffs if we win the next 3......

PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? We are 0-3 in the division - I think not. We will be lucky to win 3 games the rest of this season. I'm rarely this negative but our team's play is so why can't I be?

Speedy
10-05-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't know if it's the worst loss, but it's the most pissed I've ever been at this team.

My apologies to the folks in 547 who had to witness that meltdown.....nevermind the Texans.

Ryan
10-05-2008, 10:09 PM
YESYESYES.

This one cut deeper than any others that i can think of. Especially when i felt like an ***** at the end of the game cause once we took the 17 point lead, I kept on shouting "It's over" at the stadium.

TexanFan881
10-05-2008, 10:28 PM
This is a really tough question, theres so many to pick from

Double Barrel
10-05-2008, 10:30 PM

I agree completely, SheTexan. The VY game was worse than today, but only by a margin. We have endured some brutal losses at Reliant, though. The two Titans losses and today are definitely the worst three.

It's "only" four games into the season, so anything can happen. But a loss like today can crush a team's spirit and permeate the place with a black cloud of losing. Hopefully this doesn't happen, but it won't surprise me if our boys don't rebound this season.

Corrosion
10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
A loss is a loss , they all suck .... and all count as one in the L column

Napa Auto Parts
10-06-2008, 02:40 AM
Not even close the worst was having VY own us in reliant stadium his rookie season when he scrambled for like 99 yeards for a touchdown on the final play.

Speedy
10-06-2008, 05:02 PM
A loss is a loss , they all suck .... and all count as one in the L column

Though that's true in the end, games you find an icredible way to take from the jaws of victory, as Houston teams seem to have a knack for, are a little hard to swallow.

Yeah, it's just 1 loss when it's all said and done, but when you know it's a game that should have been a W, that's tough to take.

BTW, stop one 4th down play in each of the last 2 games and this team is 2-2 and sitting in 2nd place in the division. That's how close this game is.

texanhead08
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM

Especially when that play came on 4th down with less than a minute to play.

texanhead08
10-06-2008, 05:12 PM
I know this was a huge choke job but it wasnt like the oilers choke. The Texans arent thinking super bowl or serious playoff contenders even if they do win, that oilers team was talking super bowl coming off a division title in 91 and injuries limited them to just getting a wild card in 1992. They kept saying the playoffs is a chance to redeem ourself for a subpar regular season. Then to add to it they had just smashed the Bills and knocked Jim Kelly out of this game the week before. Lets not get crazy on letting those oilers off the hook.

Double Barrel
10-06-2008, 05:16 PM
You could take all 68 Texans losses and they collectively wouldn't even scratch the surface of the 35-3 game. There simply is no comparison to that game, none in NFL history.

yes, losing the Colts game sucks. Losing against VY's run and last year's 8 FGs Titans game sucked.

But, those are mere specs of sand on the Oilers' Beach of Historic Meltdown.

utahmark
10-06-2008, 05:18 PM
I know this was a huge choke job but it wasnt like the oilers choke. The Texans arent thinking super bowl or serious playoff contenders even if they do win, that oilers team was talking super bowl coming off a division title in 91 and injuries limited them to just getting a wild card in 1992. They kept saying the playoffs is a chance to redeem ourself for a subpar regular season. Then to add to it they had just smashed the Bills and knocked Jim Kelly out of this game the week before. Lets not get crazy on letting those oilers off the hook.

i forgot about that. we dominated them for 6 quarters. we were so much better than that buffalo team its stupid. field full of idiots. coaches included.

texanhead08
10-06-2008, 05:22 PM
We havent even spoke about Stagger Lee, losing a 2 td lead against Elway in 91, losing to the Chefs in 93 on a 12 game win streak. The Texans havent even begun to gag like those teams yet.

FirstTexansFan
10-06-2008, 05:24 PM
And yet, we keep coming back to the table to be beat again over and over. I'm thinking to be a Houston Football fan, you gotta have alot of masochist in ya. For 41 years of my 50 here on this earth, I've been a fan of Houston Football. Haven't I suffered enough? :)

spurstexanstros
10-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Didnt Texans give up three td lead to rams? at home?

texanhead08
10-06-2008, 05:27 PM
That team was 2-14 it wasn't shock to blow a game nor a lead.

Texanfan4ever
10-06-2008, 05:52 PM
This one seems worse because our expectiations were HIGHER than they had ever been for our team before the season started. So we have a way longer way to fall, emotionally. And it just shouldn't be. The whole season and everything about it has been wrong from the beginning.

BUT, there is always a silver lining. Stranger things have happened. If matt can play good football like he is capable, we can still turn it around. We can't go back and redo it, so if you want to be a fan, you have to go forward. That is the only choice.

i will be there again on Sunday.

kbourda
10-07-2008, 01:06 AM
???:thinking:

You betcha!

Signed, Sarah Palin

GP
10-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Didnt Texans give up three td lead to rams? at home?

That's the worst one. You nailed it.

Went to OT, and a little quick-throw bubble screen by a 3rd-string QB that's not even in the NFL anymore to some puny little WR went the distance. End of game. Period. Thankyouverymuch.

That's the worst one, to me.

WesmanTexanfan
10-07-2008, 01:17 AM

Went to OT, and a little quick-throw bubble screen by a 3rd-string QB that's not even in the NFL anymore to some puny little WR went the distance. End of game. Period. Thankyouverymuch.

I understnad that, but we are supposed to be trying for the playoffs this year, we have a legit team, we would have tied the colts at 1-3, we had a 27-10 lead with 5 min left. We played one of the best games that our franchise has ever produced and then we have 3 turnovers in the last 4 minutes to lose 31-27.

this didnt sting...it knocked me out, i didnt recover and realize what had happened untill around 8 last night.

YellerLotYeller
10-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Sausage Queen running up the middle on us for the win and victory dance still hurt me more.

stingray
10-07-2008, 01:55 AM

The puny wide reciever was Kevin Curtis. One of the fastest recievers in football. And the QB was Ryan Fitzpatrick and he is still in the league, he actually started a game a week ago for the Bengals.

This loss was worse because it was against Peyton and the Colts and also because this team is much better than that 2005 team.

Carr Bombed
10-07-2008, 01:56 AM

not even close to topping this one......the Texans gave up a 3 touchdown lead with alot more time left in that game.

In this loss they gave up almost that margain to a divisional rival in their home opener...(that was the home opener because of a damn devastating hurricane, so the fans were fired up, excited, and ready to cap off a ass whipping to a team that was 11-1 against them) in about 4 minutes....the final 4 minutes.

I'll take two more of those Rams losses if you promise me I'll never have to see another loss like this.

Trail.Blazr
10-08-2008, 09:44 AM
No. It stings more that most, but wasn't the worst loss.

Definately debatable in respect to criteria of what defines worse...

I personally think its worse to get your butt handed to you ALL game long than letting one slip away. Others may think differently.

But on my logic, the Pittsburg loss was worse than the Indy loss.

BigBull17
10-08-2008, 12:20 PM
That Browns beatdown in 04 was awful.