PDA

View Full Version : Wish we would of went after Favre.

mussop
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Now who thinks thats a bad idea? He threw 6 TD's last week. Jets are looking good. We could of traded Sage used the draft picks for more depth and started Favre and let Schaub learn under him for a year or 2.

I know we probably had no chance at him but it would of been nice to see us try. When are we going to start going after some big name FA's? We need some bigtime players on this team. Players that know how to win.

I wonder if things keep going this way how long will McNair stick with Kubiak? I dont think this one is on Kubiak but man somthing has to change SOON. Maybe a new coach like Cower, a proven winner is what its going to take to get this team going.

I feel sick. Need to clear my head. That is all.

Sideline
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Please, Farve is the last player we want here. I would of really question our organisation had we brought him in. Farve is a great QB, perhaps the greatest, but really not what we need in Houston.

mussop
10-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Please, Farve is the last player we want here. I would of really question our organisation had we brought him in. Farve is a great QB, perhaps the greatest, but really not what we need in Houston.
Yeh because it would suck to have a QUALITY QB huh?

WTF are you talking about????

mattieuk
10-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Would Favre want to become the Texan's pin-up for his swansong? Think not.

Would Schaub want to be undermined, and treated to another two years of 'grooming'? Think not.

Would Favre in the long term solve all our problems? Think not.

Sideline
10-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I see what your saying with wanting a quality QB however I think mattieuk has hit it spot on, although Farve is a ton better than anything we have right now. We are not a Superbowl calibre team, which is what Farve wanted when he was looking for a new team. Farve may well have given us a few more wins and snook us into the playoffs (at a push) however it does not solve our long term problems.

At least by Schaub/Rosenfels playing now we are seeing what we have if anything in them which allows us to build something long term, weather it be with one of these guys which I doubt or it be with someone else.

nut
10-05-2008, 07:23 PM
I see what your saying with wanting a quality QB however I think mattieuk has hit it spot on, although Farve is a ton better than anything we have right now. We are not a Superbowl calibre team, which is what Farve wanted when he was looking for a new team. Farve may well have given us a few more wins and snook us into the playoffs (at a push) however it does not solve our long term problems.

At least by Schaub/Rosenfels playing now we are seeing what we have if anything in them which allows us to build something long term, weather it be with one of these guys which I doubt or it be with someone else.

We have been talking about building long term for 6 years and we have nothing. I don't give a crap about Favre but I'm tired of hearing about in a few years we will be good. If a player would help us, besides Favre who has been taken, we should get him. How would we know if Schaub is good or not? He hasn't played enough. As far as going on Kubiak's opinion, that doesn't mean anything after Carr. If we are worried about hurting a player's feelings, tell him to look at his deposit slip for this week.