PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea on how to even handle this..

Tailgate
10-05-2008, 05:56 PM
I mean really. This is simply devastating. I was so optimistic. We owned them.... we did everything to win. What in the world could possibly be worse than being a Texans fan after today???

TexanSam
10-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Being a Raiders fan would probably be a little worse.

It's extremely disappointing. It almost makes me wish I weren't a football fan after a loss like this.

Carr Bombed
10-05-2008, 06:05 PM
I mean really. This is simply devastating. I was so optimistic. We owned them.... we did everything to win. What in the world could possibly be worse than being a Texans fan after today???

The Rockets season starts in a couple of weeks........it's the only reason why I haven't lost my sanity.

Mr. White
10-05-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm going to handle this by sitting in a dark room consumed by hatred and wait for the Dark Lord to appear.

I'll bet that he looks like Al Davis.

Norg
10-05-2008, 06:06 PM
i know how u feel its like we are cursed ............ its real sad

Leahmic223
10-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't know if i'll sleep tonight. I honestly don't know how I can watch another game after something like that.

The Rockets season starts in a couple of weeks........it's the only reason why I haven't lost my sanity.

They will follow the tradition of Houston Sports. Except they will actually make it to the Finals...then get swept or something. Or...they'll make it to the finals...and first game Yao and Tmac will get hurt doing something.

brakos82
10-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm going to handle this by sitting in a dark room consumed by hatred and wait for the Dark Lord to appear.

I'll bet that he looks like Al Davis.

:spit:

CrosbyTexansFan
10-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Honestly.....my dad who was a rabbid Oiler fan has refused to get excited for the Texans all along. He refuses to learn who the players are, he refuses to look at the stats, he refuses to become a Texans fan. The Oilers ruined him on the NFL. Now I wonder if he's right.:thinking:

Norg
10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
They are who we thought they where and we let them off the hook

so if u wanna crown there ass then crown them

BUT WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK

THis is what Kubaik should say in his press confrence

brakos82
10-05-2008, 06:16 PM

Playoffs?! You kiddin' me? Playoffs?! We're just tryin' to win a game... Playoffs?!

Leahmic223
10-05-2008, 06:18 PM

Yeah the Jim Mora one works also lol.

Honoring Earl 34
10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I think next Sunday instead of watching the game , I'm renting The Notebook and watching it with my wife . I figure that maybe after the movie I'll get ___ and like it .

When I watch the Texans I feel like I got ___ and hate it .

Carr Bombed
10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
They will follow the tradition of Houston Sports. Except they will actually make it to the Finals...then get swept or something. Or...they'll make it to the finals...and first game Yao and Tmac will get hurt doing something.

I can take losing in the playoffs.......it mean you were actually good enough to get to the playoffs. What the Texans have done the past 7 years is down right disgusting and a embarrasment to this city.....we are the laughing stock of the entire league, the butt of all jokes.

Anyways, the Rockets franchise is the only Houston sports franchise that has any real tradition that's worth a damn.

Leahmic223
10-05-2008, 06:25 PM
I can take losing in the playoffs.......it mean you were actually good enough to get to the playoffs. What the Texans have done the past 7 years is down right disgusting and a embarrasment to this city.....we are the laughing stock of the entire league, the butt of all jokes.

Anyways, the Rockets franchise is the only Houston sports franchise that has any real tradition that's worth a damn.

Yeah your right.

I remember my dad was laughing at how the Cubs fans seemed to expect to lose, expect something bad to happen...he asked himself how can you expect that.

I understand now. After so many years you just expect it after awhile.

DeepSteelBlue
10-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised by the loss. I was at the game and it all seemed too familiar. Now - I'm numb...

As for next week, I've already given my tix away and will stay home and work on a project for school instead.

Sad that it's come to this... homework over football.

alphajoker
10-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I have no idea on how to handle this either...I feel heart broken to be honest with you. I sometimes feel like I should stop planning my Sunday's on Texans football. I feel I could be doing better things and avoid any heartache such as with today's game. Damn, it's hard to be a Texans fan.

brakos82
10-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, if you're gonna jump, do it at high tide....

Norg
10-05-2008, 06:29 PM
well i for one will stay a texans fans 4 LIFE its time to move on from this lost

MIAMI COME GET SOME !!!!!!!!!!!

eriadoc
10-05-2008, 06:32 PM
I read a post by Hervoyel this week that just perfectly summed up my feelings about this team. When my team is doing poorly, my natural inclination is to try and figure out why. This message board has been a good place for me to vent, share info, hear other opinions, and even get some football education from a few members.

None of that really matters, though.

At the end of the day, there can be a thousand reasons or excuses why the team doesn't win, but the bottom line is they don't win, and other teams do. It's kind of like watching the Astros for my entire freakin' life and seeing ONE World Series APPEARANCE, and we got swept. Meanwhile, the league expands and the Marlins win a couple WS, the Rockies get into the WS, and now the Rays may even get a WS, while the Astros strive to compete for 2nd place each year (Go Wild Card, woohoo!). Whatever. The Texans continue to lose, and other teams turn things around. This team can't seem to get that. To quote Hervoyel's postr from another thread:

Was I expecting to actually see them in the playoffs? Was I expecting them to make it to the second round or to appear in the AFC Championship game? Was I thinking about taking out a loan to buy some Super Bowl tickets?

Of course not.

I was however expecting the Houston Texans to become playoff contenders in two seasons and what in the world is unreasonable about that? It happens (literally) all the time. Bill Parcells turns a team around in about that much time. He inherited a 5-11 team and went 10-6 the next year. Then he looked things over and decided that he wasn't going to get where he needed to go without a rebuild and did it. One 6-10 season later he was 9-7 twice before leaving and then that team went 13-3 last year.

In 2002 the Titans were 11-5 and then in 2003 they went 12-4. Then they fell to 5-11 in 2004 followed by 4-12 in 2005 while they rebuilt and reloaded. Last year they were 10-6 and in the playoffs. This year they're undefeated.

It just doesn't take as long for a competent team to get itself righted as we are conditioned to believe around these parts. If it takes a franchise 5-6 years to become good enough to contend for a spot in the post-season then they're doing something wrong. In 2005 we were 2-14 and the worst team in the NFL. The only difference between a 2-14 team and a 4-12 team are a couple of bad calls/breaks/days/plays. Everybody below 6 wins is more or less running on a similar amount of on-field talent. The key to the next step (7-9 to 10-6 or so) is the brain trust and leadership. The teams clustered around .500 have some and the ones that stay down below 7 wins consistently don't.

Tailgate
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Every time I feel like I am feeling this feeling for the last time it just keeps on happening. I am past going, well... ok, this is rock bottom and its all up from here. Because I finally know thats absolutely NOT the case. Hello Misery, sorry to ignore you...I didnt realize we are so one and the same.

alphajoker
10-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Well, if you're gonna jump, do it at high tide....

I won't jump but It's tough to deal with. I can't imagine what the players are going through, sh*t, I can't imagine what Sage is going through.