PDA

View Full Version : This loss hurt almost as bad as Buffalo, 1993

Koolaid Time
10-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Game winding down in the 4th. We are ahead of the Colts-- next to the "Tacks" the team the Texans MUST beat.

And then suddenly.. cue the music to Irwin Allen's "Time Tunnel"..... we are back to 1993 and it seems like the Bills v. the Oilers in the infamous Wild Card game.

Watching it on TV I had the same feelings and emotions-- cussing and screaming-- except this time I didn't throw things at the TV set because today frankly, they cost much more and are more fragile than they were in 1993.

The same pain in the gut. The same WTF is going on...feeling....

How in the hell did we lose this game?

I'm not finger-pointing.. but Jeeze...will the man upstairs cut us a break?

This loss hurt almost as much as Buffalo..

kbourda
10-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Buffalo was worse. More at stake at the time.

Mailman
10-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Game winding down in the 4th. We are ahead of the Colts-- next to the "Tacks" the team the Texans MUST beat.

And then suddenly.. cue the music to Irwin Allen's "Time Tunnel"..... we are back to 1993 and it seems like the Bills v. the Oilers in the infamous Wild Card game.

Watching it on TV I had the same feelings and emotions-- cussing and screaming-- except this time I didn't throw things at the TV set because today frankly, they cost much more and are more fragile than they were in 1993.

The same pain in the gut. The same WTF is going on...feeling....

How in the hell did we lose this game?

I'm not finger-pointing.. but Jeeze...will the man upstairs cut us a break?

This loss hurt almost as much as Buffalo..

I think I had the same conversation with my gf about an hour ago when she came home from her shopping trip and saw me crumpled in the corner trying to keep my guts from spilling out on the floor.

Htownsportsfan
10-05-2008, 04:45 PM
To me its not even close! The whol eteam cratered in the second half against Buffalo today one guy screw the pooch on three plays in 5 minutes and cost the team the game.

I just hope this does not send them into a dive cause this team played a great game today for 55 minutes and that includes Schaub!

CrosbyTexansFan
10-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Actually the Buffalo loss was due to Jack Pardee's play calling.....playing "safety" defense the entire 2nd half. Had they simply played their "normal" game the rest of the way, that game would not have ended that way. The head coach was the culprit of that game.

And no, this game did not feel like that one, because the Buffalo game went south for a whole 2nd half......like a slow motion avalanche.

Todays game however was like a swift kick to the gut.......it happened in just a few minutes time.

Same result though.......and the embarrassment is the same as well.

Koolaid Time
10-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Buffalo was worse. More at stake at the time.

If this was a playoff game, it would hurt worse... just still given our record, with all the garbage with the Hurricane, the injuries/sickness, the thinbgs that always go wrong, and the general "bad luck" that is going on..and how a victory over the Colts would have turned the corner on the season,.....

This hurt as bad as Buffalo.

brakos82
10-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I wonder if SWT's trying to eat his hat... :thinking:

Norg
10-05-2008, 05:19 PM
yes yes i agree

i was at the game and even the colts fans where shell shocked

Showtime100
10-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Compared to the Buffalo game this isn't close in my book. Thanks for bringing it up, though!! http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/113257294-Ti.gif

junior
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
its not even in the same ballpark as the Buffalo game, you just have had 15 years to recover compared to 15 minutes since this game.

Mailman
10-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Given the playoff stakes, Buffalo was a different beast entirely, but the pain in the gut is very close because this was a symbolic game for the people of Houston and the Gulf Coast whose lives were terribly affected by Hurricane Ike.

We needed this just as we needed the Astros to answer the bell and take it to the Cubs.

Speaking for myself only, the pain is very real.

Silver Oak
10-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Actually the Buffalo loss was due to Jack Pardee's play calling.....playing "safety" defense the entire 2nd half. Had they simply played their "normal" game the rest of the way, that game would not have ended that way. The head coach was the culprit of that game.

And no, this game did not feel like that one, because the Buffalo game went south for a whole 2nd half......like a slow motion avalanche.

Todays game however was like a swift kick to the gut.......it happened in just a few minutes time.

Same result though.......and the embarrassment is the same as well.

Pardee can take the blame for the defensive playcalling, but Moon was out there throwing to anyone in a Buffalo uniform, so I think he needs to shoulder a good deal of that loss.

Who cares though...that's Tennessee's problem now.

Htownsportsfan
10-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Its not even as bad to me as the loss to an Older Joe Montana in 1994!

We were going to the damn superbowl, I had even received confirmation from the Oilers our number was drawn and we had four seats for the bowl when we beat the Chefs!

Damn you Buddy Ryan!

Revolution
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I just hope this does not send them into a dive cause this team played a great game today for 55 minutes and that includes Schaub!

I guess you meant Rosenfels...Unless you meant it was great he was on the sideline for 55 minutes...and then we wanted him in the game...